PDA

View Full Version : Do Serena and Venus (still?) train together?

pigam
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:45 PM
I was just wondering...
I've seen several training session pics of the sisters where they're hitting with eachother and where Richard/Oracene are coaching.
I know they've had some male sparringpartners in the past too.

I was just wondering has anyone seen recent pics of the 2 sisters training together? does anyone know if (sorry for putting it like this) Serena's level of play allows her to train properly with Venus (or maybe vice versa in the past)

I mean, I wonder if they still train a lot together and if they do? is that a good thing? If they don't? should they do it more? Will it motivate them more etc. etc.

comments?

squash
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Serena does not like training, so this would mean that Venus probably works out with her trainer alone.

Paneru
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:48 PM
They hit and train together always
during Slams but I'm not really sure
about other than that anymore as they
have companies and what not that I would think
would make it more difficult for their schedules to coincide
to train as much as they'd maybe like together.

I know both always say they feel great when they are
training together and getting that good resistence and game
from the other..

Paneru
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Serena does not like training, so this would mean that Venus probably works out with her trainer alone.

True.

i.e.from their show with Venus running and what not while
Serena rode in a cart alongside her with her other sis.

Though, I'd think Serena would be trainging more now because
of the injury and getting fit. She does from the
pics today look to be fitter.

pigam
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:51 PM
sorry but what's do you mean with that answer?
you're not telling me that serena never trains...
Ok, maybe they don't do specific exercises together; like work on certain strokes etc. ...
But do they at least still hit with eachother?

Paneru
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:53 PM
sorry but what's do you mean with that answer?
you're not telling me that serena never trains...
Ok, maybe they don't do specific exercises together; like work on certain strokes etc. ...
But do they at least still hit with eachother?

:lol:

Ofcourse not.

Serena trains but has said repeatedly that
she hates to train and slacks off sometimes
when she knows she should be training.

That's all.

And as for hitting together,
we just don't know.

They do during Slams but we
don't know if that's the case often outside.

Venus+Serena#1fan
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:54 PM
There were pics of Venus practicing yesterday and not SErena. We all know Rena did horrible today, that may be an indication that she is still injured or beeing waaay cautious if she is barely practicing.

However i do remember a HK article saying the sisters did practice together on Tuesday i think, but "werent firing on all cylinders"

pigam
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:02 PM
ok, thanks everyone for the answers.

what I find intriguing is 'is it a advantage to have a siter at the toplevel or a disadvantage'

at first sight, I would say an advantage because you always have a sparringpartner at hand :p and you can measure your own level to hers
but maybe it's a disadvantage because you play a little []too[/i]much with that one sister ;)
still they've proved in the past that training togeher isn't a bad thing for them.

Paneru
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:03 PM
There were pics of Venus practicing yesterday and not SErena. We all know Rena did horrible today, that may be an indication that she is still injured or beeing waaay cautious if she is barely practicing.

However i do remember a HK article saying the sisters did practice together on Tuesday i think, but "werent firing on all cylinders"

Their are pics up from
Serena's match with Elena.

She looks fitter.

Most likely just wasn't up
for this exhib.

vwfan
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:44 PM
I'm less worried about Serena's bad play affecting Venus, but her seeminly bad attitude on the court. I hope that they win the Gold and Silver Group and then go on train with their usual intensity the next two weeks prior to the Open. They've got time.

tennisjay
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:11 PM
True.

i.e.from their show with Venus running and what not while
Serena rode in a cart alongside her with her other sis.

Though, I'd think Serena would be trainging more now because
of the injury and getting fit. She does from the
pics today look to be fitter.

It should have been the other way around with Serena running and Venus riding because seriously Serena looks a mess.

Sanneriet
Jan 4th, 2006, 07:44 PM
I am not sure that they 'train' together that much. I thought I read somewhere (about a year ago) that Serena bought a condo in LA. I am pretty sure Venus still is based in Florida. I wonder who Serena does train with, if she spends her 'offseason' in LA?