PDA

View Full Version : Hingis Comments after Koukalova match

Mark for Martina
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:22 AM
The 25-year-old Hingis placed her Czech opponent under intense pressure throughout the match and required three match points before Koukalova netted a forehand after 70 minutes."We were both pretty flat towards the end. I just had more to give," said Hingis.

"At the third match point, I was like 'thank God' it was over. The anticipation is coming back and every set I'm shaking off the rustiness of the last few years."

Hingis said her younger opponents did not know what to expect when they played her.

"They haven't seen me around for three years and they don't know what to expect," said Hingis. "Maybe that's one of the reasons and the other is they don't know me.

"One thing I realise is that some of the girls, they do have respect and when I see them I have to take advantage of it."

Looking ahead to her quarter-final, Hingis said: "I know she's a little girl so she's not going to overpower me.

"I don't think she really has a big weapon but neither does she have a weakness."

http://img1.eurosport.com/zones/v4/img/stories/shim.gif

Nicjac
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Thanks Mark. :D

Mark for Martina
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:51 AM
She is really gaining confidence from these wins... That's nice to hear... =)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:54 AM
thats nice hingis

Kunal
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:58 AM
keep at it gurl

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:03 AM
Thanks for that, good to see that she not only is gaining in confidence but she is really taking strategy and respecting her opponents

CanadianBoy21
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:11 AM
I know she's a little girl so she's not going to overpower me.
:lol:

I missed these comments. :lol:

Go Hingis.

Take the title, super chance!

switz
Jan 4th, 2006, 11:50 AM
lmao at the "she is a little girl" comment - you know she doesn't mean anything by it but she can't help but sound condescending :lol:

I've missed you

tennisjam
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:21 PM
I missed too those spicy comments...:devil: :lol:

Doris Loeffel
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:24 PM
That's Martina live ;)

Good luck Martina keep it up and comming!!

Dexter
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Finally a player with spicy comments :lol:

Meesh
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:46 PM
:lol: She is fully back!

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:53 PM
i love the way she calls llagostera vives "a little girl", nuria's hardly a girl she's older than hingis

you can't really argue with the "little" part of that comment though...bless

i'm supporting llagostera vives in this one so we can call her the giant killer although i guess everyone's a giant to her

Martian KC
Jan 4th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Now now, churren. Let's not ignore the compliment she gave Nuria at the end of the article.:p

LefandePatty
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:51 PM
Great to read the sorts of comments :lol: :banana: :D

harloo
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:53 PM
everyone used to talk of the williams intimidating players on the court but i've always held he belief that Martina did the most intimidating on the court and with her sly comments...and she knows it.:)

Exactly, but just because she is a little girl who is fragile in the eyes of many she couldn't possibly intimidate a fly.:tape: :rolleyes: :lol:

No Name Face
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:58 PM
she's calling nuria a little girl because nuria is 5'2. it's not a bitchy comment. :retard:

SvetaPleaseWin.
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:59 PM
she's calling nuria a little girl because nuria is 5'2. it's not a bitchy comment. :retard:

you're being generous she's 5'1 1/2'' ;)

^bibi^
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:03 PM
martina :love: