PDA

View Full Version : How many of you want Venus and Serena to be in opposite draws for the AustralianOpen?

Kunal
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Wondering how many of you want Venus and Serena to be in opposite draws of the Australian Open so that there might be faint hope that they could sqaure off in the finals or not meet each other....

Andy.
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Definatly want them on opposite sides

Nicjac
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Let fate decide? Isn't it always luck of the draw? :confused: ;)

Anyway, they shouldn't be treated differently just because they are sisters, this is a professional tennis event, not kindergarten merry-go-round.

Kunal
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:30 AM
same here....
off late they have been in the same draws and i think its unfortunate....they should meet at least in the semis.....i know they need to improve their ranking for that to happen.

but still

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:31 AM
i reckon they should be in same half it made it really exciting at US Open

Kunal
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Let fate decide? Isn't it always luck of the draw? :confused: ;)

Anyway, they shouldn't be treated differently just because they are sisters, this is a professional tennis event, not kindergarten merry-go-round.

I think we all know that... but thanks for enlightening us!

--------------------
fate, in the sense whatever will happen its not in our hands....and kinda goes hand in hand with luck....

juanito7
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:39 AM
actually, I don't care... i think they are like two normal competitors!!

Solitaire
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:42 AM
I hate it when they play so I'd like to see them in different halfs of the draw. It's hard to play their best tennis against eachother and it isn't pretty.

Nicjac
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I think we all know that... but thanks for enlightening us!

--------------------
fate, in the sense whatever will happen its not in our hands....and kinda goes hand in hand with luck....

You are welcome. ;)

There is almost no game or sport which doesn't include luck (chess is one of the few).

Considering the sisters: I think it's always exciting to see them square off, doesn't matter if it's in the fourth round or final. Same applies to other top players.

Maryamator
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:45 AM
i want an all williams final:rocker2:

Kenny
Jan 4th, 2006, 09:52 AM
Opposite sides of the draw, please! I want another Venus/Serena final... this time with Venus coming out on top..

Orion
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I don't particularly feel one way or the other, and I don't believe both of them can make it to the final, so I can't say it really matters. I'd say Venus has a chance, just because she has more match play and confidence from wins in the past year, but who knows, really. I'd just rather not have to see them play.

volta
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:07 AM
i want an all williams final:rocker2:
ditto

Kunal
Jan 4th, 2006, 10:08 AM
im really curious to see how serena approaches this season....even venus for that matter.

if serena shows the same lazy approach to her game then its gonna be a major turn off