PDA

View Full Version : Goals (as a fan and as a player) for next year?

jacs
Dec 28th, 2005, 01:55 AM
As a Lindsay fan, what do you aim for yourself for next year? Would you want to be more supportive? Would you want to be less cynical? Would you want to see her play in at least two tournaments?

Personally, I would just like to get to see in more matches than I have this year. I am ashamed to admit that I didn't see that famous Maria double-bagel. Boo at the limitations of Philippine television!

If you play tennis, what would you like to work on for the next year?

Thank goodness I managed to fix the weirdness of my service motion this year. But next year, well this is going to sound ridiculous, but I want to develop a one-handed backhand. When I was a teenager, I actually started out with one and switched a few later into a double-hander. But the past year, I feel as if I could have a more varied game if I went back.

Just curious :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TOPs :)

Andrew..
Dec 28th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Interresting thread topic.

I guess I would like to be less cynical or something, though I know that it probably won't happen. :p

In my own game, I'd like to develop a more consistent serve, and not get so down on myself during matches.

Ty-Ty
Dec 28th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Nice topic.

As a fan, I would just want to see Lindsay play live once, before she retires. Hopefully, I can save enough money for the U.S. Open this year, or coax my 11 year old brother to lend me a few hundred, if the situation becomes that dire. ;)

And as a player, kinda' the same as Andrew except more emphasis on my second serve, so I don't get mauled by the return. [Even my high school girls coach who's in her 60's has figured out how rip my second serve back. :p ] Oh, and to at least qualify for singles and make it the second round in Boys A State.

mike/topgun
Dec 28th, 2005, 04:35 PM
As a Davenport fan I would like to see Lindsay (as often as possible) being fit, in good form, enjoying the tennis she plays, and that would mean she plays terrific and wins a Slam next year :p: :worship:
As aplayer I will certainly make some small improvements on my volley, so I could make some more use of my serve and hight ;)
Wish You All TOPs an unforgettable 2006 memories including those connected with Lindsay:D :bounce:

Kimmi
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Cool topic! :yeah:

As a fan, I would love to see her play before she retires, but that is unlikely to happen, so perhaps I should go for watching more matches live - a lot of them I have had to tape because I wasn't in or they were on late at night (US Open) so I think I will go for the staying up til stupid o'clock in the morning idea this year :p

As a player, I need to get my serve sorted out. It's coming along but I think it has to be more consistent. Another area will be to control my temper on court...I seem to loose my temper very easily! :fiery: The third thing is to hopefully make the Uni 2nd team..but I'm not getting my hopes up about that.

Kelly
Dec 28th, 2005, 09:55 PM
i couldve sworn i posted in this earlier today....anyway

As a lindsay fan all i want is her to be happy on court and off it and enjoy what she does. I will try and not get as excited as i do whilst watching her....but i know that will go out the window on the first match thats on tv haha....and hopefully i will get to see her at wimbledon again this year.

jacs
Dec 29th, 2005, 01:59 AM
I guess I would like to be less cynical or something, though I know that it probably won't happen. :p

:lol:

Yeah, I'd like a more consistent serve as well. And my form on my volleys is very lazy.

Thanks guys :)

GrandSlam05
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:11 AM
Since I just started watching tennis seriously about a year ago and since Lindsay's retirement is looming, my goals are to watch all the matches of hers that I possible can. And, I want to see beat-downs, lots of 'em. I'm hungry for bagels. No losses to Clijsters, Vee, Henin or Sharapova either (I will accept losses on red clay though).
My goals as a player are just to get to play more. There's just no one to play with here except my sister-in-law and her 50 mph serves are just lunchtime. Nobody plays at the Y so I think I'm going to have to join the country club.

lindsayno1
Jan 7th, 2006, 09:15 PM
i want lindsay to have a better attitude and not get down on herself. Id like her to be healthy and get a slam!`

champion88
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:08 PM
As a fan I just want Lindsay to keep on being happy ona nd off the court and keep kickin ass!! I was fortunate enough to see her in the 2004 wimbledon semis vs. sharapova although she lost!! am going to the french open this year and hopefully wimbledon again so would love to see her live once more.

As a player, i need to play more tournamnets to get my rating up. In this last year i moved up from #11 to #4 in my club so this year i am trying to get into the final of my club championships and win a few more ratings tournamnets. I won 3 tournamnets over the summer all over higher rated players so i need to keep playing to get my rating up. need to improve my doubles eg serve volley tactics and positional play more, in order to enhance my position in the mens 1st team even more this year and i swear i will not subject myself to entering handicap tournaments anymore which end up with me being on -60 and having 4 hour matches!!!