PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Season

guizzy
Dec 26th, 2005, 11:11 PM
Ok girls and boys, there's one more week left until our girl gets back into battle. Eleni is already in Auckland for the first tournament of the year, according to an article, "determined to turn things around"! Let's hope and wish for all the best for Eleni from now on and to see her high in the rankings again. Get ready everybody gather around and warm up to support our girl. The countdown has begun.
Good luck Eleni!!!

christos
Dec 27th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Sure we will !

Bероника
Dec 27th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Just got this:

Daniilidou arrives today

26/12/2005 11:05:01

Two-time ASB Tennis Classic champion Eleni Daniilidou arrives in the country today to prepare for next week's tournament.

Daniilidou has slipped in the 2005 rankings, dropping to number 70, having been as high as 14 in the past.

Tournament Director Richard Palmer says the Greek's determined to turn things around. Palmer says Danilidou is very popular with the Auckland crowd and wonderful to deal with.

The tournament proper starts on January 2.

Needless to say: BEST OF LUCK IN 2006,GREEK GODDESS!!!!!!! :kiss:

christos
Dec 27th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Lena, good luck down there :)

forever_rafter
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Let's hope the year 2006 will be Lena's best ;) :bounce:

daniilidou
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:49 PM
we can only hope that eleni has worked on that serve... i wish her all the best for a great tennis year... lets go "giant-killer" :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

TennisPlayingFox
Dec 31st, 2005, 02:33 AM
The draw is out for Auckland and Eleni will face off against Katarina Srebotnik in the first round. Not the best draw in the world, but good luck Eleni!

forever_rafter
Dec 31st, 2005, 01:31 PM
1/4th of the draw Eleni is in looks like this:

(5)Srebotnik - Daniilidou
Jackson - Qualifier
Qualifier - Craybas
Beygelzimer - (2)Hantuchova

christos
Dec 31st, 2005, 02:15 PM
:yeah: Lena !

guizzy
Dec 31st, 2005, 08:38 PM
Let's hope her luck in draws will change this year although it doesn't seem so. But who needs luck, Lena has the power!!
Let's go girl.

RayRob
Jan 1st, 2006, 09:58 PM
The draw is out for Auckland and Eleni will face off against Katarina Srebotnik in the first round. Not the best draw in the world, but good luck Eleni!

I know! I saw the draw and just shook my head...surely she's got to have some great draws soon! Eleni had a little bit of trouble towards the end of the season against Katarina who I understand is a good friend of Eleni's. I think Eleni had a tough and close 3 set match against Kata in Slovakia, which Kata won and went on to win the event.

Hopefully Eleni will turn things around. I'm not sure what the time difference between CET and New Zealand....is it 10 or 11 hours? Either way, Eleni is on court 11am New Zealand time.

Hello to all my fellow friends on this board :wavey: It's nice to be back! :woohoo:

-Rache

forever_rafter
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:08 PM
from http://www.asbclassic.co.nz/

Conditions on day one of the 2006 ASB Classic could be summed up in one word - brutal.

Defending champion Katarina Srebotnik and 2003/04 champion Eleni Daniilidou were first up on centrecourt and didn't disappoint the fans despite the strong winds.

In what turned out to be the match of the day (although only three main draw matches were completed), Srebotnik overcome a determined challenge from the two-time champion to eventually prevail 7-5 4-6 6-3 in two hours 37 minutes.

"For me it is good [that] I had a tough match ... it is better to have a tough first match," said Srebotnik.

Daniilidou struggled with her serve throughout the match and said it wasn't the first time she has had trouble with her delivery. "It is one of my weaknesses. I just have to stay positive," said the popular Greek player.

I hoped for a different score but at least she fought and with her serve, the windy conditions on court surely didn't help ...

Bероника
Jan 2nd, 2006, 01:01 PM
oh well at least it was a good fight from Eleni.The year has just started,let's be positive ;) :D I have confidence good things will come soon

RayRob
Jan 2nd, 2006, 08:16 PM
I know, I was a bit disappointed to say the least, mainly because Eleni has had a fair few of tough 3-setters towards the end of last year. We can never doubt that Eleni is a true fighter - not a brilliant start, but I do agree that we should stay possitive as there is something great for Eleni on the horizon....I'm sure of it!

Eleni is in doubles though...see who she is with at this event; Jasmin Woehr they play Beygelzimer/Jugic-Salkic....can't say I've heard of these - anyone know anything about them. Eleni's doubles match is 5th on Court 6, play begins at 10am local time.

It's interesting to see that Jennifer Russell is in Auckland but is playing doubles with Tina Krizan. We saw Eleni pair with Jasmin just once last year in either Pilot Pen (New Haven) or Slovenia, I can't remember [my little brain seems to think it was New Haven but I could be wrong!] and they did quite well, I think Quarter Finals. though one match was a Walk Over if my memory serves me right.

Perhaps Eleni is going to stick with Jasmin for the rest of the year?! Hopefully they will have a good outcome in this first doubles match of the year!

:woohoo:
Pame Eleni! - Gehen Sie Jasmin!

-Rache :wavey:

guizzy
Jan 2nd, 2006, 11:59 PM
It was a great fight for Eleni and I think she should be satisfied with her self after the first match of the year, but you can't expect to win with more than 14 double faults. I'm sure Eleni knows that better than we do and maybe that's what makes her loosing her consentration during a match when she sees that her serve is not working. Anyway if she keeps fighting like that sooner or later she will improve her serve.
Good luck through the rest of the year Eleni!!

Calliope.
Jan 7th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Just back from holidays... :)
Good luck Eleni in 2006 :hearts:

guizzy
Jan 22nd, 2006, 10:54 PM
I think Eleni's next turnament is gonna be Gaz de France starting February the 6th. She has enough time until then to relax, regroup herself and and rest her shoulder and then I am hoping for a very very very strong comeback cause I know she can do it. I think all she needs is to believe it herself again.
Pame Lenaki!!

christos
Jan 23rd, 2006, 03:26 PM
She will play qualification round there ?

guizzy
Jan 23rd, 2006, 09:59 PM
She will play qualification round there ?
Yes, unless 6 players withdraw!

Bероника
Jan 29th, 2006, 01:56 PM
Leni's next tourney? Is it Paris?

forever_rafter
Jan 31st, 2006, 10:23 AM
Eleni's ranking dropped to 106...I really hope she'll qualify to MD in Paris and gain some points, she's way too talented to be so low in the ranking :sad: I also hope she's recovered from her injury

Bероника
Jan 31st, 2006, 03:23 PM
:sad: doesn't look good.I hope she can soon regain her confidence

alibaby
Jan 31st, 2006, 04:19 PM
Eleni's ranking dropped to 106...I really hope she'll qualify to MD in Paris and gain some points, she's way too talented to be so low in the ranking :sad: I also hope she's recovered from her injury
very true.but she will be surely back,she has a big will and a big heart!! :kiss: :kiss:so,with time,she will be good.

forever_rafter
Feb 1st, 2006, 09:34 AM
Not really, last season was pretty unlucky, not many victories but quite a lot injuries :sad: This year must be better

RayRob
Feb 3rd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hi again everyone,

Thought I'd pop by to see whats happening. I didn't realise that Eleni had dropped so low in the rankings - that's not good really. She doesn't seem to have a lot to defend until DFS Classic & Wimbledon, so let's hope that she can get a few important results under her belt.

For the last 3 or 4 years, she's been plagued by injuries......hopefully she can get a bit of a break and a clean bill of health for the rest of the year.....also some good draws in tour events and Grand Slams - preferably no seed in the first rounds! :S

Any news on her progress in Paris qualies?

-Rache

forever_rafter
Feb 3rd, 2006, 03:02 PM
Any news on her progress in Paris qualies?

-Rache

No, still waiting for qualies draw...Hope Eleni can advance to MD and maybe we'd see her on TV, I miss her a lot, have not seen her since USO :(

RayRob
Feb 4th, 2006, 12:09 AM
No, still waiting for qualies draw...Hope Eleni can advance to MD and maybe we'd see her on TV, I miss her a lot, have not seen her since USO :(

Yeah, neither have I. I did have a dream the other night and it was a match between Eleni and Amilie.....I don't recall the outcome in my dream, I think I woke up before the conclusion of the match ;)

I hope it's not a sign that Eleni will draw Amilie should she make the Gaz de France Md :o

:lol:

-Rache

forever_rafter
Feb 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
Yeah, neither have I. I did have a dream the other night and it was a match between Eleni and Amilie.....I don't recall the outcome in my dream, I think I woke up before the conclusion of the match ;)

I hope it's not a sign that Eleni will draw Amilie should she make the Gaz de France Md :o

:lol:

-Rache

I prefer to think it's a sign they'll meet in the fianal ;)