PDA

View Full Version : The French Correlation, Amézon's Sydney Sensation!

Linnie
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Pick up where you left off - keep the momomentum going!

:bounce: ALLEZ!!!:bounce:

;)

Sonja
Dec 26th, 2005, 03:36 AM
*SALUT!*

sapir1434
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Allez good luck... ;)

willrock
Dec 30th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Good luck for 2006 start!

mauresmofan
Dec 30th, 2005, 03:26 PM
These should keep us entertained till Sydney!:drink: :drink: :drink:

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Travel/Pix/pictures/2005/07/01/wine372.jpg

*Jean*
Dec 31st, 2005, 08:34 AM
ALLEZ AMéLIE !!!

swiss
Jan 1st, 2006, 10:22 PM
come on babe,
commences cette année en fanfare :bounce:

Linnie
Jan 2nd, 2006, 12:30 AM

http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Travel/Pix/pictures/2005/07/01/wine372.jpg
:eek:

Is that Amélie's wine cellar? :lol: ;)

Hannah-Louise
Jan 2nd, 2006, 02:11 PM
Allez Amelie!!!!

Sonja
Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:44 AM
[/left]
:eek:

Is that Amélie's wine cellar? :lol: ;)

No, is just a fraction of what we Momosapiens need during one of her matches ;) *refills linnie's glass* M-fan just keeps it handy for us.

You had to know it came from somewhere! :p :lol:

Allez Au Jus!

Linnie
Jan 3rd, 2006, 01:10 AM
No, is just a fraction of what we Momosapiens need during one of her matches ;) *refills linnie's glass* M-fan just keeps it handy for us.

Allez Au Jus!
Thanks! :drink:
I have about 3 months supply that will last about 3 weeks :p (and one left from Christmas ;) - excellent choices :))

suzie
Jan 3rd, 2006, 12:07 PM
Now I know why the YEC final was so tough to me, I was drinking tea! :lol: Cheers guys! :drink:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/black_chatte/79965987_5ded62a574.jpg

ALLEZ Amélie!!!
Give us something to celebrate! :D

marmite1
Jan 3rd, 2006, 02:47 PM
Good lucky Amelie :)

timafi
Jan 3rd, 2006, 06:39 PM
Allez Ame :yeah: :yeah:
btw Ame left today with Hardenne on the same flight

mauresmofan
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Allez Ame :yeah: :yeah:
btw Ame left today with Hardenne on the same flight

They are good friends and I'd say they'll be hitting together over the next few days as a precursor to the Sydney final.

*Sonja and Linnie take the wine bottle off of mauresmofan and tell him not to go hexing Amélie before she's even played a match in 2006. Then drunken Suzie bangs mauresmofans head off the table and says "Knock on wood it's not too late is it?"*

griffin
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:23 PM
*griffin takes the wine bottle off Sonja and Linnie and gets a head start on the nerve-calming* ;)

on ya, Momo! Go get 'em!

marmite1
Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:25 PM
*griffin takes the wine bottle off Sonja and Linnie and gets a head start on the nerve-calming* ;)

on ya, Momo! Go get 'em!

:lol: :tape:

pineapple
Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:26 PM
Allez Au Jus!
:lol: :yeah: I love it when you say that!:lol: :yeah: :yippee:

:drink: Cheers! :drink: :bounce: :yippee: Au Jus!:yippee: :bounce:

Linnie
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Now I know why the YEC final was so tough to me, I was drinking tea! :lol:
Shame on you! I hope you learned your lesson :lol:

*Gets out a nice bottle of Australian shiraz (and a fine Arbor Mist for Sonja ;) ) and pours a round for everyone* :D

ALLEZ!!!

Ceze
Jan 4th, 2006, 12:25 AM
Allez Amé!!! A 3rd title in a row please!!! :D

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Jan 4th, 2006, 06:51 AM

Allez Au Jus!

so what you are saying is you have to be an alcoholic to be a fan of Mauresmo :drink: :haha:

marmite1
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:22 PM
so what you are saying is you have to be an alcoholic to be a fan of Mauresmo :drink: :haha:

No comment :tape:

suzie
Jan 4th, 2006, 01:49 PM
*Sonja and Linnie take the wine bottle off of mauresmofan and tell him not to go hexing Amélie before she's even played a match in 2006. Then drunken Suzie bangs mauresmofans head off the table and says "Knock on wood it's not too late is it?"*
:eek: Good lord! that's for sure not the most dangerous thing that can happen if you get me drunk! :lol: And for the record I had a glass of red wine after that crazy match. ;)

No, you just have to be a smart, sensitive, stubborn, superclifragilistic person to apply. :p

mauresmofan
Jan 4th, 2006, 05:16 PM

No you don't have to be an alcoholic but a couple of bottles of wine during her matches makes it easier on the frayed nerves. My coping mechanism involves substituting milk for vodka for my breakfast cereal on the mornings of Amélies matches!

swiss
Jan 5th, 2006, 09:25 AM

no, no, that mean you are clever and gentle enough to open a good french wine bottle when you are thirsty :drool:

and celebrate most of time an Amélie's victory :bounce:

mauresmofan
Jan 5th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Just to get us all in the competitive swing of things I've organised a vodka Jelly race.

http://static.flickr.com/2/2366599_fe112e12ae_m.jpg

The rule is simple be the first to down 5 shots of Vodka Jelly and move on to the next round.

Here is the Draw:

marmite1 vs Bye
Linnie vs Sonja(Next thing Damir Dokic will be claiming I rigged the draw!)

mauresmofan vs Bye (:tape: Luck of the draw)
willrock vs Hannah-Louise

suzie vs Bye
timafi vs griffin

Ceze vs sapir1434
pineapple vs Bye

Each round will have a designated referee who will post the results.
1st round will have French Kiss to referee all match ups.
QF round will have swiss to referee all match ups.
SF will have one of the beaten 1st round opponents to referee it
And the final will be refereed by one of our beaten Quarter Finalists

May the games of the 1st Vodka Jelly Race Olympiad Begin :lick:

pineapple
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:05 AM
:scratch: Hmm i got a BYE so i guess that means that i don't get to drink. :awww: :banghead:

;)

Linnie
Jan 6th, 2006, 01:16 AM
Linnie vs Sonja(Next thing Damir Dokic will be claiming I rigged the draw!)
:haha:

Sonja and Linnie after the first round ---> http://www.mainzelahr.de/smile/party/trink4.gif

suzie
Jan 6th, 2006, 09:12 AM
I have a good H2H with bye! nice draw! :devil:

timafi
Jan 6th, 2006, 05:25 PM
Allez Amé!!! A 3rd title in a row please!!! :D
common Ame you can do it :) :)
good luck to you babe :) :)
I want all 3 trophies
Medibank
the Aussie singles and doubles(so happy she is back playing with Sveta :kiss: )

mauresmofan
Jan 7th, 2006, 12:19 AM
French Kiss was too busy checking himself out in the mirror to make it to the first Vodka Jelly Race Olympiad so I had to do the honours instead.

Race 1 featured Linnie against Sonja.

Linnie def Sonja (5-4)
Sonja got out to an early advantage of 4 shots to 3 but as she reached for the final shot glass it slipped out of her hand and onto the floor. Linnie seeing this kicked it to the other end of the room and as Sonja complained about unfair play, Linnie downed the last 2 shots.
As there is only one rule:
Be the first the finish 5 shots
Linnie was declared the winner.

Race 2 featured willrock against Hannah-Louise

Hannah-Louise def willrock(6-5)
Both these young hopefuls came out of the blocks strong and were neck and neck all the way that in the end they both finished their 5th shots at the same time. They had to move onto a tiebreaker which involved the first person to suck a Vodka Jelly Shot up through their nose with a straw the fastest. Before the tiebreaker Hanna-Louise was heard muttering to herself "THINK! - What would Kate Moss do at a time like this?" To Everyones surprise Hanna-Louise downed the shot even faster by sucking it up through her nose than she had done by downing them the more conventional way. She just looked around at the astonished faces and said "What?"

Race 3 featured timafi against griffin

griffin def timafi(5-0)
The first blowout of the competition. Nobody knew timafi was a pioneer - I mean who ever heard of a French non-drinker?

The final race featured Ceze against sapir1434

sapir1434 def Ceze(5-3)
Ceze moved fast but sapir1434 was awesome in this encounter. sapir1434 moved ahead after the second shot and never looked back. Ceze, ever the trooper finished off shots 4 and 5 and had a 6th as well before Suzie pulled Ceze away from the table saying "Hey leave some for the rest of us!"

That leaves our Quarter Final Line Up looking like this:

marmite1 vs Linnie
mauresmofan vs Hannah-Louise

suzie vs griffin
sapir1434 vs pineapple

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2006, 01:28 AM
*Does elbow exercises* :p ;)

A small article: http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,17748257%255E2722,00.htm

Mauresmo tunes up without baggage
Margie McDonald
07jan06

FRANCE's Amelie Mauresmo had every reason to be smiling as she practised at Sydney's Olympic Park courts yesterday; the WTA Tour champion hitting freely with no hint of the leg strapping which normally accompanies her visits to Australia.

The 26-year-old is making her fifth appearance at the Sydney International, where she won in 2000 and was runner-up to Justine Henin-Hardenne in 2004.

But that year she was suffering from lower back pain, which caused her withdrawal from the quarter-finals of the Australian Open a week after Sydney.

Mauresmo has also been plagued by adductor muscle trouble in Australia and regularly plays on Rebound Ace with her upper thigh and groin strapped.

"It takes a little while to get used to the conditions here, the heat and the sun," Mauresmo said after training yesterday.

"The court is different too and I have to find my mark."

The French-born Swiss resident is more relaxed now she has won her first major title, beating Mary Pierce in the season-ending championship in Los Angeles in November.

Mauresmo burst on to the scene here in 1999, the year she reached her first Grand Slam final in Melbourne, where she lost to Martina Hingis.

Since the Australian Open in 2002, Mauresmo has only once failed to get to the quarter-finals or better of a Grand Slam tournament she has entered - that was a third-round exit at the French Open last May.

Mauresmo in September became the 14th woman since the inception of rankings and the first from France to reach world No.1. She stayed there for five weeks before Lindsay Davenport took over on October 18.

With her $US1million purse for winning the end-of-season championship, where for the first time she beat three top-five players (Kim Clijsters, Maria Sharapova and Pierce) in the same week, Mauresmo became the 15th woman to pass $9million in career earnings.

But a Grand Slam title remains the missing piece.

First comes next week's Sydney International where Mauresmo runs into her old foes, the Belgian duo of Clijsters and Henin-Hardenne. Henin-Hardenne followed Mauresmo on court yesterday for a training session in the early afternoon heat. The pair exchanged only a few words but Mauresmo stayed to watch the former world No.1 and holder of four Grand Slam singles.

© The Australian

timafi
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:49 AM
anyone knows who Ame plays first?

Linnie
Jan 7th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Winner of Peng - Ivanovic :eek:

timafi
Jan 7th, 2006, 04:08 AM
what a shister of a draw she has
i'm fucking pissed :mad: :mad:

Fat Frog
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:04 AM

I'll probably drink the equivalant of that tonight!! (Sydney nitelife is great!) Anyone know when her first doubles match is on?

timafi
Jan 7th, 2006, 05:42 AM
I'll probably drink the equivalant of that tonight!! (Sydney nitelife is great!) Anyone know when her first doubles match is on?
started already after seeing peng/ivanovic :mad: :mad:

suzie
Jan 7th, 2006, 10:35 AM
:eek: @ the draw! at least should be a good warming up for AO. Go get them girl!

And in case you've been missing her smile... :p

http://eur.news1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/ng/sp/ap_photo/20060107/all/l1701118.jpg
(AP Photo/Paul Miller)

améliemomo
Jan 8th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Allez Amé!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just play like you did,keep the momentum that you found in LA and kick some ass out there!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amé Gooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://yelims5.free.fr/VroumVroum/Moto03.gif

mauresmofan
Jan 8th, 2006, 10:13 AM
She'll get a good feel for the court by playing her doubles match first. YIKES Ivanovic again!

*Downs the remaining 45 Vodka Jelly shots*

Linnie
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:52 PM
*Hands m-fan the winner's trophy* :worship: ;)

http://images.sportsline.com/u/ap/photos/XMB119010800_1024x768.jpg
(AP Photo/Mark Baker)

améliemomo
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:56 PM
She'll get a good feel for the court by playing her doubles match first. YIKES Ivanovic again!

yesshe's right to make also the doubles with svetlana:)

timafi
Jan 8th, 2006, 03:57 PM

had 1 bottle of pepto last night just thinking about Ame vs Anna again
but so happy she is playing doubles first
the relaid rebound might actually be of advantage for her :devil:
get Anna to make bhand errors :devil: :devil:
let's go Ame let's go :)

hablo
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:18 AM
Allez Momo :bounce:

:lol: @ all the alcoholics in here !! :p

Momo/Sveta won their doubles match 6-1 6-1 :yeah:

Ceze
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:32 AM

Momo/Sveta won their doubles match 6-1 6-1 :yeah::woohoo: what a great start Amélie/Svetlana!!! :banana:

timafi
Jan 9th, 2006, 05:32 AM

congrats girls :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
you galz bring the best in each other :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :rocker: :rocker:
this was steamroll :armed: :armed:
salut Hab cherie :kiss: :kiss:

mauresmofan
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:34 AM
6-1 6-1 Great stuff - more of the same against Ivanovic please and yes do play to her backhand a lot!

Lapin
Jan 9th, 2006, 10:35 AM

Lol, there'll probably be a few more before this and the Aussie Open are over! ;)

:woohoo: @ the doubles result!! :bigclap:

:bounce: Bonne Chance contre Ana Amélie!! ALLEZ!!:bounce:

sapir1434
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:08 PM
I can't wait for the first match!!! I love Ana but Amelie is the best for me, I hope she'll start good the year... Allez... ;)

Linnie
Jan 9th, 2006, 12:09 PM
ALLEZ!

marmite1
Jan 9th, 2006, 02:19 PM

:D so glad they won their first match. Hopefully the doubles won't wear amelie out too much.

améliemomo
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
Allez Amé!!!take your revenge from Roland!http://yelims4.free.fr/Daccord/Accord09.gifhttp://yelims4.free.fr/Daccord/Accord03.gifhttp://yelims4.free.fr/Daccord/Accord09.gifhttp://yelims4.free.fr/Daccord/Accord03.gif

timafi
Jan 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Common Ame you can do it

hablo
Jan 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM
ALLEZ Momo :bounce:

I want you to avenge for RG early exit!!!! :fiery:

griffin
Jan 9th, 2006, 08:33 PM

Cool, can we change surfac..I mean, substances for the next round? Say, scotch or cognac? Wine maybe?

:angel:

Ana, Schmana - it's never who's on the OTHER side of the net that worries me about Amelie ;)

Allez Amelie!

akab
Jan 9th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Ana, Schmana - it's never who's on the OTHER side of the net that worries me about Amelie ;)

Allez Amelie!
:lol:
you're right

genecis014
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:47 PM
good luck amelie

genecis014
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:50 PM
Cool, can we change surfac..I mean, substances for the next round? Say, scotch or cognac? Wine maybe?

:angel:

Allez Amelie!
tequila maybe?

Odysseus
Jan 10th, 2006, 01:17 AM
s**** ...She lost the first set :mad: :fiery:

Fight Amelie

timafi
Jan 10th, 2006, 02:28 AM
well she lost but good thing now than at the Aussie
take care of your hand Ame cherie
chin up
play dbs with Sveta and get ready for the Aussie
well done babe
i'm proud of you,you fought all the way

hablo
Jan 10th, 2006, 02:35 AM
well,not a good start to the season, that's for sure!! :sad:
gotta go think up some new tactics or something, Momo :hug:

timafi
Jan 10th, 2006, 02:38 AM
well,not a good start to the season, that's for sure!! :sad:
gotta go think up some new tactics or something, Momo :hug:
nope she was complaining of the heat and she had her hand strapped
anyway glad she lost now and not at the aussie
let's give her time to adjust and regroup and get her game going :)

Ceze
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:21 AM
:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

hablo
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:48 AM
nope she was complaining of the heat and she had her hand strapped
anyway glad she lost now and not at the aussie
let's give her time to adjust and regroup and get her game going :)
it was Ana who took the injury time-out though right before Momo served to say in the match, so I don't think the strapped had anything to do with her loss :p
Momo complaining about the heat (what about how she played ? I heard very defensively !!! :fiery::help: )

Oh well, hopefully she will rethink tactics for AO or something!! I really want her to do well (the excuse about the heat sounds so lame : okay, I'm a little bitter still!! :p) :bigcry:

Harju.
Jan 10th, 2006, 06:04 AM
:drink: :drink:

Now go get the double trophy :p

mauresmofan
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:20 AM
It's ok Momo they don't hand out the Australian Open trophy this week. Rough draw and she was obviously rusty better luck next time.

marmite1
Jan 10th, 2006, 10:20 AM
:drink: :drink:

Now go get the double trophy :p

Yeh i hope she does well in the doubles :)

Shame about the singles though :sad:

Sonja
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:03 PM
I hate excuses. A veteran player like Mauresmo (especially ranked where she is now) is supposed to be the better player, PERIOD, and that includes preparation, fitness, better strokes, bigger weapons, and etc. She's played Ana enough to know (her game) what she had to do to counter, and I think hablovah hit on it, defensive play is not the high point of Mauresmo's game.

Agression has paid off in the past for her...

All that said, same old Mauresmo, just a new year. Doesn't mean I don't love her, just that I'm frustrated. :wavey:

timafi
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:16 PM
I hate excuses. A veteran player like Mauresmo (especially ranked where she is now) is supposed to be the better player, PERIOD, and that includes preparation, fitness, better strokes, bigger weapons, and etc. She's played Ana enough to know (her game) what she had to do to counter, and I think hablovah hit on it, defensive play is not the high point of Mauresmo's game.

Agression has paid off in the past for her...

All that said, same old Mauresmo, just a new year. Doesn't mean I don't love her, just that I'm frustrated. :wavey:
Sonja,
give her some time will you :)
2 months off?
and a 3-5 loss?
give the gal a break? :)
Ame is no machine,she needs to get her game going and she will for sure get what needs to be worked on going just like she did after Zurich and Kremlin Cup
I'm soooooooooooooooooo not mad she lost
every time come Aussie she is always injured,so doubles will help her get back on track and she will be less tired compared to the others
have faith in our girl she has proven more than even she bounces back in a major way when we our fans least suspect it :) :)

Ceze
Jan 10th, 2006, 05:30 PM
Start the new season against Ana is very tough :o But at the AO, she should have a better start (let's hope no Hingis in the 1st round :tape: ), versus a lower opponent, to give her time to adjust her game :angel: .

améliemomo
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:02 PM
I'm so disappointed about amélie early loss.

She had to play more before this match.Short preparation before sydney.

Hopefully she will rebound in Melbourne

Odysseus
Jan 10th, 2006, 10:37 PM
I totally agree with Sonja :wavey:

I don't know what to expect from her at the AO.. :confused:
She can produce the best tennis.Let's hope we'll see that at a GS..

timafi
Jan 11th, 2006, 01:51 AM
is it me or i'm i the only one here Sveta bit that.... :devil: :devil: :devil:
yaaaaaaaaaaay go Sveta and Ame
here's to friendship :worship: :worship: