PDA

View Full Version : Has Lindsay split up with Adam??

Lindsayfan
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:00 PM
do u know if it's true? if so, why? when? and more importantly...who'll be her new coach? :confused:

lindsayno1
Dec 6th, 2005, 02:23 PM
pardon?

RayRob
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:14 PM
do u know if it's true? if so, why? when? and more importantly...who'll be her new coach? :confused:

I'm confused!? :confused: Where did you hear this?

There is no news on BBC sport or WTAtour.com, also, done a quick Google and still no news.

At this point I am going to put them down to rumours, until i hear anything from a reputable source then it will remain as that in my mind....

....lovely Adam!

-Rache

Kelly
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:49 PM
*the sound of kelly's heart breaking*

noooooooooo....Lindsay the TOP demand you to re-hire Sexay Adam!!

lindsayno1
Dec 6th, 2005, 05:09 PM
i dont... as lovely as he is

she needs to have some aggression pumped into her.

Kelly
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM
lets face it though....Lindsay aint the agressive type...she isnt gonna start changing her ways at this stage in her career. Lindsay is old enough and professional enough to know what to do on court now....and i dont think it matters who u have as a coach, when those bog points come around, your on your own on court!

alfonsojose
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Maybe Paul Annacone :shrug: Henman is over

Andrew..
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
lets face it though....Lindsay aint the agressive type...she isnt gonna start changing her ways at this stage in her career. Lindsay is old enough and professional enough to know what to do on court now....and i dont think it matters who u have as a coach, when those bog points come around, your on your own on court!
Lindsay isn't aggressive? That's flat out wrong. Her game is built around it. But, in the important moments, she gets very defensive, and dies.

Watch the 2000 IW final to see REAL aggression.

Andrew..
Dec 6th, 2005, 07:43 PM
Anyway, yay. I've said for most of this year that Adam needed to go.

I hope she hires Brad. He says on air where Lindsay screws up and why. He could help her alot.

!<blocparty>!
Dec 6th, 2005, 08:05 PM
God Andrew, you have just said exactly what I was about to say with your two posts.

And Kelly, I don't really know what you're talking about... of course Lindsay can change. It's not like she has to change her backhand or something, just be told the importance of STAYING agressive, at the most important moments. i.e serving for matches, 6-6 in tiebreakers.

Adam has done all he can, it's definitely time to move on. I really hope the news is true.

alfonsojose
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:11 PM
To be honest, i posted Brad Gilbert as a joke. Lindsay with somebody who simply can't kep his mouth close and loves to be the center of the universe ... no way. That's why i'd pick Annacone. Pete and Henman are both quite guys, like her

dav abu
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Adam has been good for Lindsay and got her back as a real contender in the Slams but I think it is time for a change. I think he is too quiet as well, regardless of Lindsays age I feel she needs someone to fire her up and someone with better tactics.

Elldee
Dec 6th, 2005, 09:51 PM

I'm guessing Kelly means aggressive OFF COURT... as in, 'Adam, you're sacked! Get out!!'

mike/topgun
Dec 6th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Lindsay isn't aggressive? That's flat out wrong. Her game is built around it. But, in the important moments, she gets very defensive, and dies.

Watch the 2000 IW final to see REAL aggression.
I simply can't help myself - i agree on every point with Andrew :p Unfortunately often she gets defensive :scared:
I've never been a fan of Adam as Lindsays coach...was really shocked when Robert was replaced by Rick, and then by him :eek:
And now, if the rumour do become a fact, best advice i can give is to par up with someone who is more experienced in coaching than Mr. A.Peterson...
someone with the grip :devil:
they say that "a valiant man's look is more than a coward's sword " ;) :p
P.S.
I'v been always emphasizing we cannot think bout the consequences :smoke:
just must play our game to the end... :bounce: most times it works :tape:
2000 Indian Wells final was an extraordinary contest between 2 greatest champions and rivals in last couple of years :worship: I remember how Martina responded - sent up Linds - after one of Lindsays forehand shots (the one in which racquet ends wide and high above head) :lol:and the transformation in that 2nd set :lick: then 10 straight games :lol:
------------------
Just can't wait to see Linds in Australia :drool: :bounce:

LindsayRulz
Dec 7th, 2005, 12:51 AM

some threads were talking about it on general message but that's not true :)

GrandSlam05
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:12 AM
I hope they did split. I think with the right coach Lindsay could dominate the tour, but not with Adam.

Andrew..
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:17 AM
The IW 2000 final is probably one of my favorite matches ever. Marti played some amazing tennis to get ahead, and Lindsay was extraordinary storming back and winning ten straight games.

It's amazing how 2000 worked out. Arguably, that was Lindsay's best year ever. She didn't play a whole lot, but won a slam, made two slam finals, won another huge tournament at Indian Wells, reached the Miami final (!), won more tournaments...all while battling injuries. God, those were the days... And she was still year end #2. If she had that record this year, she'd be number one by miles - miles. That's one of the main reasons I don't buy the WTA's "improvement". It hasn't.

Andrew..
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:25 AM
God Andrew, you have just said exactly what I was about to say with your two posts.

And Kelly, I don't really know what you're talking about... of course Lindsay can change. It's not like she has to change her backhand or something, just be told the importance of STAYING agressive, at the most important moments. i.e serving for matches, 6-6 in tiebreakers.

Adam has done all he can, it's definitely time to move on. I really hope the news is true.
Anyone who would want to change Lindsay's game from a technical standpoint is on crack. She's the best ball striker in the game right now, period. Don't fix what isn't broken.

Lindsay needs help with her tactics, i.e. serving for matches, dealing with pressure situations, etc.

Adam was great from turning her back from an average top five player to a top two player. He made huge improvements with her from 2003-2004. But I don't see what he's done with her in 2005. She made slam finals, but she also lost them, and was very unprepared to hold a lead, from a mental standpoint. That's pure coaching. Also, the IW meltdown was something I just never thought I'd see again. Complete breakdowns on all levels in the first and third sets. Adam has done all he can do for her, it's time for a change.

Though her serve is still one of the best in tennis, it has let her down big time in big tournaments this year. Australia? WTF. Her serving against Dechy almost made me weep. She like couldn't hold serve against Dementieva at the US Open. And she's had issues with first serves in alot of tournaments.

I'm excited about the change.

LindsayRocks89
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:27 AM
Theres now an article in GM that says thats Lindsays agent or whatever confirmed she split from adam and will announce a new coach in the coming days.

jacs
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:33 AM
It's here:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=207035

Robbie.
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:35 AM
The IW 2000 final is probably one of my favorite matches ever. Marti played some amazing tennis to get ahead, and Lindsay was extraordinary storming back and winning ten straight games.

It's amazing how 2000 worked out. Arguably, that was Lindsay's best year ever. She didn't play a whole lot, but won a slam, made two slam finals, won another huge tournament at Indian Wells, reached the Miami final (!), won more tournaments...all while battling injuries. God, those were the days... And she was still year end #2. If she had that record this year, she'd be number one by miles - miles. That's one of the main reasons I don't buy the WTA's "improvement". It hasn't.

2000 was great in some ways and frustrating in others.

The start of the year, where she went 24-1 through to the Miami final, stands as evidence of why the claim that Lindsay never dominated the tour or that she was never clearly the best player on the tour is bogus. For that period between Stanford 1998 and Miami 2000 she was undoubtedly the best player on tour. During that period she went 118-16 (88 %), winning 14 titles, 3 of the 6 GS and the 1999 YEC and going 7-1 against Hingis and 6-2 against Venus Williams. The Indian Wells final was probably the high watermark of her career where she completed an amazing 5 match domination of Marti, for the loss of only one set. With Hingis totally dominated, Serena in a sophmore slump after winning the 1999 US Open and Venus' hiatus and talk of retirement, the tennis world looked to be at her feet.

The striking feature of this period, was not that she was unbeatable, but that she stood up in the biggest matches. US Open Final WINS. Wimbledon Final WINS. 1999 YEC Final WINS. Aus Open Final WINS. Indian Wells Final WINS. The only big tourney final she lost during this period was the YEC '98.

However after losing the Miami final to Hingis, things really started to go down hill. She was beset with injury and self doubt began to creep in. Fighting injury for the rest of the year, she got to the Wimbledon Final but lost it. She then blew a commanding lead in the first set of the US Open final. And after being forced to withdraw from the Olympics, she lost her second straight match to Hingis in the final of Zurich. Her self confidence was evaporating and although she got one back on each of Venus and Martina in winning Linz and Philadelphia her big match resolve has never returned.

Lindsay has clearly been the best player on tour the last two seasons. Her stats are not so much different than her glory days. She's gone 123-19 (87%) and won thirteen titles. She has winning records against everyone accept Sharapova. Those are stats of a number one player and so she has been. But unlike that period in 98-00 she's losing all the big matches. Aus Open Final LOSS. Indian Wells Final LOSS. Wimbledon Final LOSS. And every single one has been from a winning position. Can a change of coach fix this? I hope so.

Elldee
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:50 AM
It's here:

http://wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=207035

2006 should be an exciting season for the Dav... I hope we see some noticeable changes.

jacs
Dec 7th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I wonder how long the effects of the coaching change would be apparent though. I mean, when will the improvements start coming in.

Lindsayfan
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:33 PM
honestly, i never considered him as a real coach. I've always looked at him like a sparring partner. Robert was the only true coach she has ever had. He wasnt afraid to bash her when necessary but also to motivate and support her. He was the reason for all her improvements, the key of her success. Adam was to me just a good friend, nothing more. But I agree with the girls here that he was cute ;)

RayRob
Dec 7th, 2005, 02:14 PM
honestly, i never considered him as a real coach. I've always looked at him like a sparring partner. Robert was the only true coach she has ever had. He wasnt afraid to bash her when necessary but also to motivate and support her. He was the reason for all her improvements, the key of her success. Adam was to me just a good friend, nothing more. But I agree with the girls here that he was cute ;)

Yep, I agree. So far Robert was the only serious coach Lindsay has had and when I say that I mean a coach who took some of Lindsay's game, broke it down and improved and strengths that she had. I guess there isn't anything Lindsay needs to learn in a technical sense anymore and so anyone that she has is more of a support system and motivator.

Whoever the new person is, has to be firm to help Lindsay psychologically to be more aggressive and offencive on the big points.

Hopefully it will be someone well credited and not a "friend" of the family.....at this point, friends are a mistake to have. I would say Lindsay should have someone who is neutral and won't be afraid to tell her how it is.

I'm looking forward to finding out who it could be.....in the meantime :bigcry: ...we won't see Adam :sad:

-Rache

lindsayno1
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:09 PM
so this is for definite?!

lindsay must be inspired by pierce too....keep goin for a few more years!

lindsayno1
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
woo for the new coach

hejust needs to get her aggression, determination and attitude in matches sorted. With that the serve should be as it should. She doesnt play mind games atm and I think if he can get her to do this, we have an excellent year. A grandslam should be in the bag if she gets her act sorted

im so happy!!!

Elldee
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:39 PM
Lindsay does have room for improvement even in her game; drop shots, for example and although she has a great running forehand, she could do with developing a squash shot.

joaco
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:18 PM
What does brad say on air Andrew?

lindsayno1
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:42 PM
oh yeh drop shots. its all power.

Andrew..
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Apparently, Lindsay didn't fire Adam. He quit.

This kind of troubles me. I thought Lindsay understood the need for a change in coaching/tactics. Apparently, this is not the case.

lindsayno1
Dec 7th, 2005, 09:05 PM
well if that IS true, who knows what lindsays mentality will be like now...

joaco
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Does anyone know WHY he quit??

Andrew..
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:44 PM
There's a thread about it in GM. I don't feel like retyping its content.

GrandSlam05
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Maybe Adam knew it was time to move on, but didn't want Linds to have to fire him (since they are friendly and all) so he gracefully withdrew?

Elldee
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:08 PM
well if that IS true, who knows what lindsays mentality will be like now...

Let's not be overdramatic about this.

lindsayno1
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Let's not be overdramatic about this.

im not being overdramatic.

Elldee
Dec 9th, 2005, 03:55 PM
im not being overdramatic.

Adam and Lindsay will have talked this through, he'll have given his reasons for wanting a change, she'll have accepted them. Sure, it's important for Lindsay to find a coach she gels with but her mentality will be just fine.

Frederic
Dec 9th, 2005, 04:54 PM
Is it possible for Lindsay to ask Robert to be her coach for the last season??

Andrew..
Dec 9th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Robert quit back in 2002 because he wanted to spend more time with his family. I doubt much has changed there.

Kelly
Dec 9th, 2005, 05:51 PM
well his kids will be older....and if its only for 1 year...you never know!

Lindsayfan
Dec 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
still no news about her new coach?

Andrew..
Dec 14th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Nope, still no news.

It's looking like we won't know until we see him.

Elldee
Dec 14th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Or her.

Andrew..
Dec 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Lindsay will never have a female coach.

mike/topgun
Dec 14th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Lindsay will never have a female coach.
that's so true :lol:
it'd be weird if it was a woman...as I can't think of any :p with an appropriate authority, an eligible female tennis coach... :tape: :rolleyes: :lol: particulary for Lindsay...
sure...
may be Billie Jean..."as she caused a
scene: don't bother coming, Lindsay" :tape: :lol: :rolleyes:

:wavey:

joaco
Dec 14th, 2005, 09:44 PM
do we know for sure Lindsay acutally HAS a coach?? or are we speculating?

mike/topgun
Dec 14th, 2005, 09:57 PM
actually, we are speculating...so far, there has been no sign from Dav camp that "the one" has been picked...:p
as I hope it'll Robert Vant Hof again :worship: ;)

lindsayno1
Dec 15th, 2005, 03:01 AM
pah!

jacs
Dec 15th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Well, I doubt that Lindsay will have a female coach as well (given the fact that there really aren't that many visible female coaches anyway). Although, earlier in her career, Lindsay did work a bit with Lyn Rolley.

Andrew..
Dec 20th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Lindsay is being coached by Gwen Stefani in 2006. Best of luck!

CrossCourt~Rally
Dec 20th, 2005, 03:21 AM

Damn...i was hoping Amy would land Gwen so she could help perk up her 2006 wardrobe ;)

jacs
Dec 20th, 2005, 04:37 AM
I think Shakira would be more her thing. Or Blondie.

lindsayno1
Dec 20th, 2005, 08:57 AM
Its a bit weird how it was big news that shed split with adam and now...silence..

RayRob
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Its a bit weird how it was big news that shed split with adam and now...silence..

Well, you say it was big news, but in the media it wasn't really to be honest. I think the first i heard of it was on WTA World, then someone supplied a link for an article but it's the only article I've seen. It hasn't been on any of my usual tennis news sources....it isn't even mentioned in this months ACE (only the Hingis return and I think that came after the Lindsay news). Usually ACE at least mention it in one of the side columns; we have Dokic becoming a aussie again there, and some other bits and pieces but no Lindsay stuff.

I'm still in the dark as to what is REALLY happening!

-Rache

Jan
Dec 20th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Dash, I liked Adam

Elldee
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:57 PM
The silence is broken; Lindsay's new coach is David DiLucia.

Elldee
Dec 20th, 2005, 09:59 PM
http://www.playerdevelopment.usta.com/content/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=123005&itype=7420

He looks quite similar to Adam.

LindsayRulz
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:35 PM

will she adopt the " Harajuku girlz" style too? ;)

RayRob
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:39 PM
http://www.playerdevelopment.usta.com/content/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=123005&itype=7420

He looks quite similar to Adam.

yeah, maybe with his hair - shame about the face ;)

Any article about him being Lindsay's coach anywhere?

-Rache

Andrew..
Dec 20th, 2005, 10:43 PM
He looks old.

I hope Lindsay is Gwen's baby's godmother. And, I hope she dresses like a total whore on the court next year. Ree bangin'.

joaco
Dec 21st, 2005, 02:37 AM
Who the heck is he?? Hope he is a good coach... nice to hear she actually HAS a coach. Let's see what changes they make....

Andrew..
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:04 AM
He was extremely hyped up early in his career, and never produced any big results on tour.

But, he's known as a hardass who makes people work. This is a positive.

Elldee
Dec 21st, 2005, 10:52 AM
Woo for positivity!

Frederic
Dec 21st, 2005, 11:18 AM
I just hope he is a good coach, and anyway, what Lindsay need is someone who give her more confidence, especially during key points, that made her lose 2 gran slam finals. I hope she will keep working with her therapist as she really improved her quickness, mouvements and body abilities in general...

Jan
Dec 21st, 2005, 04:44 PM
Interesting! Time will tell ;)

lindsayno1
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:26 PM
But, he's known as a hardass who makes people work. This is a positive.

Good. Its good that hes obv someone whos a fair bit older than her too!

foreva lindsay
Dec 21st, 2005, 05:33 PM
Bye Bye Adam :sad:

Ty-Ty
Dec 22nd, 2005, 03:06 AM
Hmmm. I wonder how this is going to turn out ...

Nikki
Dec 22nd, 2005, 02:17 PM
Glad Lindsay finally has a coach for next season, hopefully results will show soon enough:)

Lindsayfan
Dec 22nd, 2005, 03:24 PM
i'm a little bit disappointed. i was hoping for a famous coach. this one looks like a copy of adam, a former college-player without experience in coaching pro players. :(
of course I hope with all my heart to be wrong...

RayRob
Dec 22nd, 2005, 03:50 PM
if you click on his name from the link above, his email address comes up.....anyone dare email him to ask if he really is going to be Lindsay's coach ;)

:lol:

-Rache

lindsayno1
Dec 22nd, 2005, 04:05 PM
LMAO! Kelly will do it...!

Lindsayfan
Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:34 PM
he's not as cute as adam :(

Kelly
Dec 22nd, 2005, 11:37 PM
ok....well i was dared. so Mr DiLucia has an email from kelly waiting for him

bis2806
Dec 23rd, 2005, 07:12 AM
I emailed him too, more than a day ago :D

RayRob
Dec 23rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
:lol:

I can't beleive someone emailed him already...that is funny stuff! Oh well, I wonder if you'll get a reply....?

-Rache

bis2806
Dec 27th, 2005, 04:34 AM
No reply :(

Kelly
Dec 27th, 2005, 01:00 PM
same here...no reply!! just a thought though, if he isnt working for the usta anymore he wouldnt need that email addy would he?

tennis nut
Dec 27th, 2005, 10:53 PM
i think david used to coach lisa raymond....

Loughyunijen
Jan 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM
This can only be a good thing!

Lindsayfan
Jan 2nd, 2006, 10:04 AM
i think david used to coach lisa raymond....

i dont remember if he coached lisa or was dated her...but i know they had some relationship for sure.