PDA

View Full Version : Christmas & Birthday Wishes for Makiri

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:05 PM
As Makiri is a Christian she will be celebrating Christmas on December 25th and then her 19th Birthday is a month later on January 25th. As loyal Makirian's, the Kirilenko's Orchestra would like to send her Christmas and Birthday greetings. If you wish to post these greetings here, one of the American's (I am willing to do so, but will defer to Luis as the more senior member if he wants to) in the Orchestra can print out the thread and mail it to Makiri at the WTA Headquarters in Florida. I am sure the package will eventually get to her. Of course if someone has a better address, we could use that. What say you....

Dementirilenko
Dec 2nd, 2005, 07:40 PM
Great Walt, this is a great Idea, I will support it!! I will write a message for Makiri, but first I have to compose this one, but Christmas and her Birthday are in a few weeks, so we have a lotta time to collect as much messages as possible.

Ravsieg
Dec 2nd, 2005, 11:38 PM
Agreed. This is an awesome idea, I just need time to write a decent thing!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 3rd, 2005, 01:33 AM
Well.. considering she is Russian.. we are quite a bit early... Orthodox's christams is in January...

Langers
Dec 3rd, 2005, 04:03 AM
Great idea Walt :)

Uh oh, I'm nervous now. I won't know what to say...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Walt... do you have her address... cause I am sure we can do this with the monitoring of a admin so that nothing bad goes out to her... but just need to find out if we can do it.

First of all, money shouldn't be a problem to send this. I belie if any of us wants to do it... we have enough money.

Second of all, her address. We have to make sure we have to have the right address and send it to a place were she will surely receive it.. Now please if any of you have it, don't release it public under no circumstances, PM to only the people who you can surely trust.

Third of all, we need someone to be in charge. I am no one to decide, but rather all of us can decide who should be delegated with this task.

If all three of them are possible and can be funded, researched, or done, then this lil' project will be a success. :)

Dementirilenko
Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
Great Speech DZ, I agree. If we wanna make sure whom we can trust...we should take someone of our senior members at this forum, who didn't post any stupid stuff about Maria or didn't post any stupid stuff at all.
Concerning her address....someone (maybe me) can write a short Message to the WTA at the official page, we can tell them about our idea and maybe they are willing to give us an address were we can send this Message, and were Maria will receive it for sure.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 3rd, 2005, 10:18 PM
Great Speech DZ, I agree. If we wanna make sure whom we can trust...we should take someone of our senior members at this forum, who didn't post any stupid stuff about Maria or didn't post any stupid stuff at all. .

:lol: I don't qualify at all..

I mean I am trustworthy... very trustworthy... but I have said many stupid things..:p many...:tape:

Dementirilenko
Dec 4th, 2005, 11:01 AM
:lol: I don't qualify at all..

I mean I am trustworthy... very trustworthy... but I have said many stupid things..:p many...:tape:

But I don't think you wrote stupid things about Makiri, this is most important.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Ohh well.. we have to research this..

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM
We could send it Maria Kirilenko by e-mail. I have it, so that is an option.

Dementirilenko
Dec 5th, 2005, 09:51 AM
Yeah, I wrote a message to her official site and I asked for an adress to contact her and the Webmaster gave me an adress. I will not preview it here.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Well.. considering she is Russian.. we are quite a bit early... Orthodox's christams is in January...

Even though my Grandma Prokopowicz died years ago, we still keep our Christmas tree up until "Russian Christmas". The Russian calendar (Julian as I recall) being two weeks later, makes Russian Orthodox Christmas January 8. That said, this is 2005 and the Russians I know have now adopted the Gregorian Calendar and celebrate Christmas on December 25. In fact, I think Russia officially adopted the Gregorian Calendar around WWII (1940s) to sync up with the rest of the world. To the Russians on the forum, would be interested in your comments.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Started this thread so early so we could all figure out what to say, and how to get it to Makiri. I am with all the posts that messages disrespectful to Makiri would need to be deleted from what we send to her. We can control that with a printout (just take out what is not appropriate) or as Luis suggests an electronic file we can email her (delete the bad stuff). I don't think any true fan of Makiri will have any difficulty picking out the stuff to delete. So this is not about editing anyone's messages, but simply "bleeping" out things clearly disrespectful. And I wouldn't hyperventilate about who sends it to Makiri, the important things are the messages, not the messanger.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Just got off the phone with the WTA Players Association "communications" person. She said if we mailed the messages we have to the WTA address in St. Petersburg, Florida they would forward the package on to Makiri. I then said, you will be sure Maria gets the package (duh on my part) and she said yep. So this would be one avenue. In case anyone wants it, here is the WTA address and phone:

One Progress Plaza, Suite 1500, St. Petersburg FL 33701

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 5th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Just got off the phone with the WTA Players Association "communications" person. She said if we mailed the messages we have to the WTA address in St. Petersburg, Florida they would forward the package on to Makiri. I then said, you will be sure Maria gets the package (duh on my part) and she said yep. So this would be one avenue. In case anyone wants it, here is the WTA address and phone:

One Progress Plaza, Suite 1500, St. Petersburg FL 33701

Perfect :D

OK, then let me talk to some of my admin friends so that I tell them what we are going to do, and that they monitor if there is something offensive by nature, so that they take the care of deleting it.

Like it? :D

Dementirilenko
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:55 PM
This would be a good idea I think. its possible that sending a mail could be too private, and I don't want that, cause I respect Makiri's privacy. Are you with me guyz?

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 5th, 2005, 08:09 PM
an e-mail is much more intimate... I think sending it by mail will be nice... and she will think it is cute that she has a fanbase that cares so much for her that they printed out everything and sent it ot her.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 6th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Whatever the Orchestra thinks is best works for me. I agree with Luis that an email is much more one-on-one and personal and not the way to go with multiple person messages. My take is Makiri will think it fun that her English speaking fans took the trouble to write, print and mail a package of kind words for her. And we are working it through the WTA Players' Association, so we are "one off" from her with regards to her privacy. She seems to find encouragement from her fans, so if we get this to her before she heads off to New Zealand and Australia...

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:38 AM
OK... we are doing it that way then... now we have to make a very well thought thread... with a brilliant topic start... and limit to only post once....

As a matter of fact... whoever we decided should make the thread, has to add instructions that by when we send it, it will be deleted from it.

Dementirilenko
Dec 6th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Ok guyz, I agree to that idea to send her an e - mail. I have to discuss with DZ to wich one we should send our wishes, I think his one is more personal, mine is a kinda offical mail - adress. So...wich one?

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 6th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Henry and Luis - What ever works best for the Orchestra, my thought was paper mail would be best (more fun for Maria and more permanent), but if you guys want to do an email, great! I will back out of this. BTW, note that only 6 people (the three of us being half) have replied to the thread in the past week. Hundreds of reads, makes me think there is not going to be a big outpouring of messages.

King Aaron
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:46 PM
If you want a lot of messages, try posting in GM. You're going to get a better chance there then here. And you don't have to give a set of instructions nor think of a brilliant topic since you're most likely to edit it anyway. You can do something like what the fans did for Jelena Dokic. And it's already the 6th, not much time left in my opinion.

Just my $0.02. :wavey:

Dementirilenko
Dec 6th, 2005, 06:27 PM
Henry and Luis - What ever works best for the Orchestra, my thought was paper mail would be best (more fun for Maria and more permanent), but if you guys want to do an email, great! I will back out of this. BTW, note that only 6 people (the three of us being half) have replied to the thread in the past week. Hundreds of reads, makes me think there is not going to be a big outpouring of messages.

Hehe, Walt, you know what that means: This six people are real Makirians who care for their princess, hihi ;)

Langers
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:46 AM
Hehe, Walt, you know what that means: This six people are real Makirians who care for their princess, hihi ;)
lol yes indeed! :)

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:55 AM
No no... there is many fans.... they are jsut not used to the forum thing... Jedem, daniela86. dan23, MMF, King Aaron, House of Lords, langers, the cat, Zoltan, henner, Kirilenko Rulz, Joao, elena gomez, kammgretel, and me...

Andy.
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:31 AM
I would like to send my wishes too just let me know what i have to do.

ceciliaf92
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Great idea Walt :)
Do you want me to do any graphic or something?
Just let me know :wavey:

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Cecilia - Your avitar just magically changed... and the one of Makiri from the USO 2004 was one of my favorites. It has now passed on to the great electronic archieves in the sky. :sad:

ceciliaf92
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Cecilia - Your avitar just magically changed... and the one of Makiri from the USO 2004 was one of my favorites. It has now passed on to the great electronic archieves in the sky. :sad:
but now YOU can use it :p
and Evan & Jamie are such a cute couple :hug:

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 7th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Good Makirians - Sorry for the engineering analogy, but I have lost sync pulse on where this is all going. While a long time Makiri fan, I am still new to this forum and don't want to get too, errr, directive. If someone else wants to take charge, please just say the word over the next day and I will humbly defer to you and follow your lead. If not, we need to do something pretty quickly, and since I started this off I am willing to see it through to the end. My take is for the first communication we have directly with Makiri as the Kirilenko Orchestra, may be best to start modestly. Let's focus on Christmas messages only. With learning and the extra time, we can do birthday messages a month from now. Let's focus on the list of faithful posted by Luis plus MightyMashaFan & Cecilia, and not go to the general board. Think it better to have 17 awesome and sincere messages from true Makiri fans, than 100 Williams sisters fans saying something like, "Hi, Maria, Merry Christmas". I have a plan, and will post it later if no one else wishes to take charge of this. Most of all, let's have some fun with it. :yippee:

Dementirilenko
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Good Speech Walt. I agree. We should take a focus on Christmas first. Thats the next event and this has to be our next step. Maria's birthday is in january, so we can discuss about what to write to her after Christmas. First of all we have to collect all Christmas wishes for Makiri in an seperate thread or something.

navyseals98
Dec 7th, 2005, 07:03 PM
Does Maria know of any you by name or have any you actually met her.

Zoltan83
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:41 PM
No no... there is many fans.... they are jsut not used to the forum thing... Jedem, daniela86. dan23, MMF, King Aaron, House of Lords, langers, the cat, Zoltan, henner, Kirilenko Rulz, Joao, elena gomez, kammgretel, and me...
:D
I've a lack of time for the moment :( but I try at least to read what people write here :D
I'll (try to :p) to participate more here after Xmas :D

Ravsieg
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Urgh. Wait a second. Didn't Russians celebrate Xmas at either 6th or 8th of January?

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 7th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Urgh. Wait a second. Didn't Russians celebrate Xmas at either 6th or 8th of January?Kirilenko#1fan, this was raised earlier and addressed in post #13, if you would be so kind as to scroll up a bit. While I was born in the US, all four of my grandparents were born in Russia and immigrated to the US as adults. As a kid I got to enjoy both the American and Russian Christmas traditions. While not an expert on Christmas in Russia (appeal once again made to the Russians on the Forum for guidance) it is my take that common practice is to celebrate this holiday the same time everyone else in the world does. I am sure there are hardcore Russian Orthodox Christians, or old timers who observe the old calendar with regard to Christmas, heck my family will be keeping our Christmas tree up until January 8th to celebrate "Russian Christmas". But all this is moot, on January 8th Makiri will be either in Auckland, New Zealand; Sydney, Australia or intransit between the two and may not be back home in the Moscow area until who knows, late February. If we wish to get her a package of Christmas wishes from the Kirilenko Orchestra it would seem we have the window between the December 25th Christmas and New Years. And you send Christmas cards out BEFORE Christmas in any event so if she gets our package say December 23rd, I am sure she will be thrilled.

Ravsieg
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Sorry for my lazyness. :p I have so few time for internet with college that I can't read everything.

I just posted when I remembered of a book I had about children's lives around the world, and the Russian girl celebrated Xmas that day in January. By the way, she must be like 22 now. The book is 10 years old.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 8th, 2005, 03:16 AM
I have so few time for internet with college that I can't read everything. Kirilenko#1fan, geez no need to be sorry. It is that time of the year that finals must be coming up in the next week or two. Having been there, I feel your pain. Best of luck with your studies!

Dementirilenko
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Ok guyz, I have a small idea how to send Maria our letter. We can start a new thread with eveyone writing his kind wishes and greetings for her. After that we can copy all the messages to an Word - document and we can delete the bad messsages (if there is someone who will post something bad). With an Word - document we can create a nice letter with great colors and some nice paintings or something. Than we can print out the letter and send it to the WTA -adress that Walt posted for us. What do you guyz think on that?

navyseals98
Dec 8th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Henner, I think it is a great idea. Let everybody type her a message then copy it to a word document. Although, dont ya'll think that Kirilenko comes to this site to see what people say about her.

Ravsieg
Dec 8th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Kirilenko#1fan, geez no need to be sorry. It is that time of the year that finals must be coming up in the next week or two. Having been there, I feel your pain. Best of luck with your studies!

They'll be on the start of January, but that's not the worst. I don't have internet on my dorm and I spend the whole week except Wednesdays and weekends there.. so this is the only time I have to be on the internet.

Dementirilenko
Dec 8th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Ok guyz, If you all feeling ok with my suggestion i will start to design a Word - doc for our Messages. I will upload it and post the link here so that everybody at this forum can see if its ok or not. If you won't like it, tell me about it and I will look forward to hear you're ideas to make it better. But I - for sure - hope that I can create something that all of you like.

Dementirilenko
Dec 8th, 2005, 05:29 PM
...another lil suggestion. Maybe all of you can start to design a Word - doc and upload it here. We can than choose the best one for Maria. This would give us the possibility to see everyones ideas for our letter.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 8th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Urgh. Wait a second. Didn't Russians celebrate Xmas at either 6th or 8th of January?Thanks to GoldenLox for his insight, think we can now put the, "when does Makiri celebrate Christmas" question to rest. GoldenLox says she will likely celebrate BOTH days. But since she will be in New Zealand or Australia on January 8th, Christmas with her family will likely be December 25th. As always, any additional insight from our Russian friends on the forum would be gratefully welcomed.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 8th, 2005, 05:51 PM
...another lil suggestion. Maybe all of you can start to design a Word - doc and upload it here. We can than choose the best one for Maria. This would give us the possibility to see everyones ideas for our letter. Great! Henner has the ball, I will back out. Just so you have my ideas for the next time... Was going to suggest that since people will write differently if they felt it was a message between them an Makiri rather than being a post on a public board, that anyone with a message send me a PM. If the Private Message was from someone I knew on this board, I would close my eyes, not read it and just print it out. For known fans of Makiri who might not have seen this thread I would send them a PM asking if they would like to send a message to her. On 15 December I would close the envelope, take it to the post office and send it overnight mail to the WTA Players Assn. with a little note stating these are Christmas wishes for Maria and could they please forward on to her before they break for the holiday's. All this would give the WTA PA a week to forward on, and even with really slow mail between the US and Russia, it would land at Makiri's address between Christmas and New Years. In addition, I was going to ask if one of the Forum Members from Australia, who might be attending Sydney or Melborne would be willing to go up to Maria at the tournament and hand her the same package. I could then either mail them another copy (remembering the privacy issue) or they could just print out a copy in Australia and make their own envelope.

That said, thanks to henner for taking this on, please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you. Seems to be the time to shut this thread down and move it to a new one henner can set up. Cheers!

Dementirilenko
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Guyz, we have a small problem. i forget to tell ya that I don't use Microsoft Word (I forgot that i don't have it on my PC) I use Open Office. I don't know if all the others can open an Open Office doc with their Word Programs.
I like you're Idea too, Walt. I think this is the most secure way to get all messages to Maria. I think we can count on that the WTA will send this packkage to Maria. Seems like u are feeling ok with my idea. I am feeling ok with you're one too. Seems like we have to start a lil voting, hehe. Wich idea is better, and more secure? I think it's Walt's idea.
Nevertheless. I will now start a new thread for our wishes for Makiri were everyone can write some kind words for her. And I will start to create- or better design a nice letter. I will upload it here. Maybe some of you can open it. I think that should be possible, cause i can read word - doc's with this program too.
I think that we can combine both idea's, Walt's and mine. Walt suggested that people who don't wanna preview her messages on this board can post him a PM with this messages ( i hope that i understood the right sense of this idea). This is a great Idea. You can collect them Walt and send me a PM or Email with them so I can copy them in the letter, so that no one except us two can take a look at them. And after every work is done i will send them the letter to the adress you posted above.

daniela86
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks for mentionning me Luis :kiss: :smooch: :hug: :D Makiri isn't my biggest fave but I like her very much all the same and I follow her since 2002:)
The idea of sending her wishes for X-mas is simply awesome :yeah: :bigclap: and I agree totally with KirilenkoRulz's last suggestion.Hope we'll find a nice Aussie to deliver her the package so we'll be sure she'll receive it :) :bounce:

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:32 PM
In addition to snailmail we have also asked if one of the Orchestra members who is going to be at the Sydney and Melbourne tournaments would be willing to hand carry a package to Makiri and give it to her in person. When I get a volunteer, will let everyone know. This would be after Christmas, but just in case she does not get the snail mail package before she leaves Russia for New Zealand, we have a back up. Also, if we are going to send the package to Florida, it is easier to have someone from the US mail the package. I can overnight it for $7.50 (think I can cover 7 bucks), it might be a more complicated deal to send it from Germany. And to think of our little package having to clear customs twice (Germany to US Customs then US to Russia customs) during the Christmas holidays, makes the timing factor more uncertain. I know when I ship stuff out of the US to other countries for business, it is not unusual to have to plan 3-5 days for customs. Whatever the route, I strongly recommend the envelope be sealed and sent on 15 December.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Hope we'll find a nice Aussie to deliver her the package so we'll be sure she'll receive it :) :bounce:The Orchestra is blessed to have so many nice Aussie's on it, most of whom will be at Sydney and/or Melbourne, and the request has been made to them. May have to have someone take a photo of that person giving Makiri the package, we could then post it in our Hall of Fame. The Orchestra's first group interaction directly with Makiri. What an honor it will be to be the person to give her the package!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 8th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I am sure if Dan23 goes to Melbourne he can do it...

Andy.
Dec 8th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Dan will be in Melbourne and i will be going to Sydney and maybe Melbourne so you have either of us if you wanted

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 8th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Thanks Drew! :)

Dan23
Dec 9th, 2005, 05:34 AM
Yea sorry for missing out on this so far...ill definitely write a message for Maria and if required Ill try and track her down at practice or something at the AO...:cool:

Dementirilenko
Dec 9th, 2005, 09:20 AM
In addition to snailmail we have also asked if one of the Orchestra members who is going to be at the Sydney and Melbourne tournaments would be willing to hand carry a package to Makiri and give it to her in person. When I get a volunteer, will let everyone know. This would be after Christmas, but just in case she does not get the snail mail package before she leaves Russia for New Zealand, we have a back up. Also, if we are going to send the package to Florida, it is easier to have someone from the US mail the package. I can overnight it for $7.50 (think I can cover 7 bucks), it might be a more complicated deal to send it from Germany. And to think of our little package having to clear customs twice (Germany to US Customs then US to Russia customs) during the Christmas holidays, makes the timing factor more uncertain. I know when I ship stuff out of the US to other countries for business, it is not unusual to have to plan 3-5 days for customs. Whatever the route, I strongly recommend the envelope be sealed and sent on 15 December.

Ok Walt, if you think that it would be much more easier to send the package from the US, its ok, I also agree to you're date. I used it in the new thread for all the messages.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 9th, 2005, 02:26 PM
Just to keep everyone posted, both MightyMashaFan and Dan23 have said they would take the package to Makiri. Since MMF and Dan know each other, best that they coordinate this amoungst themselves. So we have a path to get the package to Makiri in person. Maybe I have just spent too many years in telecommunications, but you always want to have a redundant path. Who knows, maybe it rains the day MMF/Dan were planning to give Makiri the package, or (let's hope not) Makiri loses in the first round and MMF/Dan don't get the chance. Point is, I think we should continue on with the snailmail path through the WTA Players Assn. And the snailmail option remains the one way we can get our messages in her hands prior to Christmas. If MMF/Dan do get the opportunity to give the package to her, they can tell Makiri that we also put a copy in the mail to her care of the WTA just in case we didn't have the opportunity to give it to you personally.

Dementirilenko
Dec 9th, 2005, 04:15 PM
Ok, to sum up all the things we talked about:We decided not to send the Christmas - messages by email to Makiri, cause it could be to private. We decided to send her a package over the WTA.
Walt, you will send our letter with all our wishes to Makiri. I will wait up to the 15 December and after the deadline is over, I will collect all the public messages for Makiri from the thread started by me ("Christmas Wishes"). I will put them on a document and send it to Walt by email. He will collect all our postings and send them away....hopefully in Maria's hands.
To make sure that we don't have a huge number of duplicated messages, I want you to please decide if you wanna post you're message directly to Walt as a PM or if you wanna post it to the thread on this board. But please don't use both ways, this will make things easier.
Walt, I will send you my message by email this weekend.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 9th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Guys, keep it simple... I can't emphasize how simple you have to keep it. Otherwise this lil' project will keep lingering and we will fail.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 9th, 2005, 11:25 PM
It has been a lot of fun to have everyone make inputs to Makiri's Christmas messages project, but Luis is right, it is time for closure. You know the details on how we are going to get your messages to Makiri, here is what you need to do to get us your message:
1. Write your message as an email, include photos, electronic Christmas cards, grahpics, text (as this will be printed out, animation will not work). Please remember that we all want this to be a positive and encouraging package for Makiri to do our part to help her have a great 2006.
2. email it to me at wprusak@yahoo.com Please put Private Message for Makiri or something like that in the Subject so I will know not to read your message. I will need your message no later than 15 December.
3. IF you also want to make a public posting, cut your message and paste it into Henner's Christmas Wishes thread.

That's it, we will take it from there and get it to Makiri. We will provide updates on our progress in this thread. If you mark your messages as Private, I commit that they will be deleted once printed. No one will see your message but Makiri. Thanks to everyone in advance, Makiri is not only the cutest player on the WTA Tour, she also has the most awesome fans!

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 9th, 2005, 11:44 PM
I think it should be as simple as having one thread, and simply posting there the messages to Maria... Then someone just prints the thread, gets a big envelope, and sneds it to her. Remember, we are sending this as the Kirilenko's Orchestra from WTAworld.com

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 10th, 2005, 01:14 AM
If it is something that will need to be kept so ultimately private, then it is not osomehting we should send to Maria.

KirilenkoRulz
Dec 10th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Hey Everyone - Speaking privately with several members of the Orchestra over the past weeks, there seemed to be a desire on the part of everyone I spoke with to create a vehicle that would allow all of us to create thoughtful, heartfelt and personal Christmas Messages for Makiri. It was from this desire of multiple Orchestra Members that this Christmas project was suggested. The "Final Instructions" posted above have in place a process to get your thoughtful, heartfelt and personal Christmas Messages to Makiri. For anyone who wishes to take advantage of this vehicle, you are certainly invited to send me your messages, knowing that I will not read them, the people delivering the messages won't read them and they are a message from you to Makiri. These messages will be sent as from the members of Kirilenko's Orchestra.

We could use a process that only one other individual seems to advocate whereby we all must make a public post of our messages to Makiri. This will insure Makiri will receive a completely different kind of message from you. That is sad for you, but also sad for Makiri who probably much prefers to get thoughtful, heartfelt and personal mail from her fans. There is no doubt we can generate a string of witty, one liner, "Merry Christmas, you go girl, get 'em in 2006" followed by dozens of blinking smilie faces. Of course, you will write these messages knowing that they will be "judged" by at least one individual. The excercise will trivialize into who gets the most electronic "hi fives" for writing the most witty one liners. We have all year to cheerlead with witty one liners that draw "hi fives" from the rest of the Orchestra. Around Christmas it just feels right that we all have the opportunity to write something more significant, something more personal, something that will allow you to develop an ongoing one on one fan relationship with Makiri. And if you want to end your message by including your personal email address and ask Makiri to write you back, go for it. And if she writes you back and you strike up a one on one correspondence with her, wow, great for you.

Bottom line is I will carry on with the process outlined in my earlier post. Anyone who wishes to write their message on a public post, excellent, I will print those out as well and put it in the envelopes.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Dec 10th, 2005, 03:11 AM
http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=155627

KirilenkoRulz
Jan 24th, 2006, 11:12 PM
:bdaycake: C Dhem Poxdehnr, Mawa! :aparty: It is 25 January 2006 in Russia so a hearty Happy Birthday to Masha! Nineteen years old today!!! Since we don't have any candles, just going to have to settle for 19 dancing banana's, plus one for good luck!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

so.krist!na
Jan 25th, 2006, 01:17 AM
Happy 19th birthday!
http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/party.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/party.gif

http://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/bdaycake.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/bdaycake.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/bdaycake.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/bdaycake.gifhttp://ads.tennisuniverse.com/wtaworld/images/smilies/bdaycake.gif

Langers
Jan 25th, 2006, 02:33 AM
Have a wonderful birthday Maria! :aparty:

Congratulations on a great start to the season :yeah:

georgekuo1017
Jan 25th, 2006, 04:58 AM
:hearts: :hearts: Happy Birthday :kiss: :kiss:

Keraj
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:43 AM
Happy 19th Birthday to Masha ! :)

:bdaycake:
:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:
:bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake::bdaycake:

Keraj
Jan 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM
It is 25 January 2006 in Russia so a hearty Happy Birthday to Masha! Nineteen years old today!!!

When you wake up just log on on the Russian site, you will be happy to see that: "Spasibo bolshoe vsem za pozdravleniya!!!" ;)

Andy.
Jan 25th, 2006, 12:52 PM
Happy Birthday Maria:aparty: :bdaycake: :dance: :yippee: :banana:

KirilenkoRulz
Jan 25th, 2006, 01:35 PM
As Keraj notes above, after not making a post on the Russian site since the China Open (about 4 months ago), Makiri made her 21st post about 6 hours ago. She was responding to all of the birthday wishes posted. Interesting to note that she apparently wrote her response on an English keyboard and wrote Happy Birthday in english rather than c Dhem PoxdehNR in Russian. Our Makiri certainly getting more proficient in english if she is going to the Russian site and writing english words! If you wish to go visit the page:

http://www.wtatour.ru/index.php?showtopic=5025

To give you a sense of the posts, c Dhem PoxdehNR is Happy Birthday, no3dpaBlRio is I congratualte, Mawa is Masha and for Makiri she starts her response with spasibo which is thanks or thank you. BTW, you will see some friendly faces in post 3 (me) and 7 (Keraj). Makiri is post 9.

KirilenkoRulz
Jan 25th, 2006, 01:57 PM
A quick translation of Makiri's 21st post on the Russian site today, it will be spotty as I left my Russian-English dictionary home so you are kind of getting only the parts I can figure out off the top of my head. She also wrote in english letters so need to translate to cryllic to use the Russian dictionary, will try and clean it up later:

"Thanks everyone for all of the congratulations!!! To me it is special (?) that all of you remember about my birthday. And thanks huge for the congratulations(?)!!!!! I often(?) come on this site, but the truth is, (completely stumped by the 2nd part of this sentence)!!!! All so long!!!!"

Seems at the end of her message she is trying to respond to some recent posts that question whether Makiri even reads the messages posted (of course she does, as witnessed by her post above) and if so why doesn't she respond more quickly (she hadn't made a post in 4 months).

BTW, Makiri's response was to the first 8 birthday wishes. We sent her 20 Christmas/Birthday wishes, think you can get a sense as to how Makiri responded when she saw our package. She always seems to be excited and humble when her fans remember her (look at all the !!!! in her post and the emotioncoms). She is indeed a very special person.

Dementirilenko
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Makiri, I wish you a very happy birthday with the best one can wish. Including love, peace, health and happiness! Good Luck to you! You`ll make it!

Dementirilenko
Jan 25th, 2006, 06:45 PM
A quick translation of Makiri's 21st post on the Russian site today, it will be spotty as I left my Russian-English dictionary home so you are kind of getting only the parts I can figure out off the top of my head. She also wrote in english letters so need to translate to cryllic to use the Russian dictionary, will try and clean it up later:

"Thanks everyone for all of the congratulations!!! To me it is special (?) that all of you remember about my birthday. And thanks huge for the congratulations(?)!!!!! I often(?) come on this site, but the truth is, (completely stumped by the 2nd part of this sentence)!!!! All so long!!!!"

Seems at the end of her message she is trying to respond to some recent posts that question whether Makiri even reads the messages posted (of course she does, as witnessed by her post above) and if so why doesn't she respond more quickly (she hadn't made a post in 4 months).

BTW, Makiri's response was to the first 8 birthday wishes. We sent her 20 Christmas/Birthday wishes, think you can get a sense as to how Makiri responded when she saw our package. She always seems to be excited and humble when her fans remember her (look at all the !!!! in her post and the emotioncoms). She is indeed a very special person.

Thanx a lot for your work, Walt!

the cat
Jan 25th, 2006, 07:14 PM
Happy 19th birthday to lovely Maria! :bdaycake: :aparty: I hope she has a great birthday and a wonderful year! :D

King Aaron
Jan 25th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Blessed 19th Birthday Masha! :kiss: :aparty: Hope she had a nice one.

houseoflords
Jan 25th, 2006, 09:01 PM
Happy 19th Birthday Maria!! Hope it is a healthy, prosperous, successful and magical year.

navyseals98
Jan 25th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Happy birthday, Maria! I hope you have a wonderful year. I hope your family is doing well!!!

Ravsieg
Jan 25th, 2006, 11:17 PM
Happy birthday Maria! :D:D:D:D:D:D

(huh.. I don't understand the meaning of most posts here on this page)

wurzelman
Jan 25th, 2006, 11:31 PM
Happy Birthday Maria :bdaycake::

KirilenkoRulz
Jan 26th, 2006, 03:22 PM
OK, a better translation of Makiri's post on the Russian site:

""Thanks greatly for all of the congratulations!!! I appreciate that all of you remember about the arrival of my birthday. And thanks huge for your support!!!!! I try (maybe better make an effort) to come on this site, this is the truth, but all the same I am remote and as it turns out cannot reply as soon as possible!!!! All so long!!!!"

The last part of the next to last sentence still tough, but I think the above captures what she was saying. Answers the question as to why does it take Makiri two months or more to get back to people when they email her...she tries but is on the road and simply cannot respond quickly. If anyone who knows Russian better than I do wants to improve on the above, please do!

Dementirilenko
Jan 26th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Thx Walt, its great to see that Makiri is lucky about having uch a great fan community

Dan23
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Masha got her messages...and a verbal one from Nick and I :cool:
Hopefully she had a good read of them :D

KirilenkoRulz
Jan 30th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Thanks Dan! The Orchestra very much appreciates you bringing the Christmas/Birthday wishes package to Makiri! So both packages now with Makiri, one in Moscow, the other no doubt with her in Tokyo. She had a good long flight a few days ago from Melbourne to Tokyo and I can envision it now, she has her iPod earbuds plugged in, the iPod playing her favorite classical music and she is reading through all of our messages... way cool. Makiri has the greatest fans in all of tennis!

Ravsieg
Jan 30th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Great! Thanks for the confirmation! :D

Dementirilenko
Jan 31st, 2006, 07:35 PM
Thanks Dan! The Orchestra very much appreciates you bringing the Christmas/Birthday wishes package to Makiri! So both packages now with Makiri, one in Moscow, the other no doubt with her in Tokyo. She had a good long flight a few days ago from Melbourne to Tokyo and I can envision it now, she has her iPod earbuds plugged in, the iPod playing her favorite classical music and she is reading through all of our messages... way cool. Makiri has the greatest fans in all of tennis!

Thanx!