8. Michaella Krajicek
9. Martina Sucha
10. Nicole Pratt (WC)

kirstin05
Dec 1st, 2005, 07:51 AM
thanks for the news!

DutchieGirl
Dec 1st, 2005, 08:22 AM
hmm... only 2 out of those that I wanna see... still thinking about going though!

Shonami Slam
Dec 1st, 2005, 12:38 PM
anna :)
i thought she would start the year only at the aussie open for a minute.
hope she wins her last aussie tourny of her career.

pierce0415
Dec 1st, 2005, 01:52 PM
Where is defending champ Jie Zheng :sad: :confused:

spiceboy
Dec 1st, 2005, 02:03 PM
Lourdes Domínguez Lino will play here as well...

Drake1980
Dec 1st, 2005, 06:44 PM
Frazier?

Ellery
Dec 1st, 2005, 07:17 PM
Where is defending champ Jie Zheng :sad: :confused:

Jie will probably play ;)

spiceboy
Dec 1st, 2005, 07:18 PM
Frazier?

Amy will be here :cool:

Pratt to start fightback in Hobart
December 1, 2005 - 5:29PM
Former Australian No.1 Nicole Pratt has been given a wildcard entry into a strong field for next month's Hobart International women's tennis tournament.

A disappointing season has seen the 32-year-old tour veteran slip outside the top 100 in the rankings and she'll be looking to start her fightback at the Hobart event where she reached the semi-finals in 2002.

However, she faces tough competition at January 6-13 event which has attracted seven of the world's top 50 players and includes three former winners in the lead up to the Australian Open.

Slovakian world No.27 Katarina Srebotnik returns as top seed after a two-year absence, having won WTA Tour singles titles in Auckland and Stockholm this year.

The 1999 Hobart winner Chanda Rubin returns after missing the majority of the season with knee and ankle injuries.

American former world No.6 Rubin has dropped down to 544 on the world rankings, but will use a special injury protected ranking of 29 to be the second seed for the tournament.

Other leading players entered are the Czech Republic's Kveta Peschke (ranked No.30) and Klara Koukalova, Israeli veteran Anna Smashnova, American Jill Craybas and Nuria Llagostera Vives of Spain.

Returning for the eighth consecutive year, is American Amy Frazier who won the singles title in 2004, along with 2002 winner Martina Sucha from Slovakia.

A newcomer likely to catch the eye is 16-year-old Michaella Krajicek from the Netherlands, the sister of 1996 Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek.

She reached a career-high ranking of 57 in early November after starting the year ranked 429.

Krajicek won her first WTA Tour title in Tashkent, Uzbekistan, in October as well as qualifying for the Australian and French Opens.

She is restricted on the amount of tournaments a year she can play until she turns 18.

Ellery
Dec 1st, 2005, 07:18 PM
I thought Nicole Vaidisova was supposed to play :confused:

The Kaz
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:29 PM
I thought Nicole Vaidisova was supposed to play :confused:

She'll be in Sydney i think ;)

The Kaz
Dec 1st, 2005, 10:30 PM
anna :)
i thought she would start the year only at the aussie open for a minute.
hope she wins her last aussie tourny of her career.

err Smashnova also playing in Auckland as well, its been known for ages :rolleyes:

tennisjt
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:10 PM
do you have the qualies list? thanks

DutchieGirl
Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
do you have the qualies list? thanks

we don't even have the full MD list yet...

fammmmedspin
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Amy will be here :cool:

The 1999 Hobart winner Chanda Rubin returns after missing the majority of the season with knee and ankle injuries.

American former world No.6 Rubin has dropped down to 544 on the world rankings, but will use a special injury protected ranking of 29 to be the second seed for the tournament.

:confused: I didn't think they still had protected injury seedings. The ranking is protected to get her in the tournament but it doesn't carry to the sseding does it? Just when you thought you understood the rule......

ozfan44
Dec 5th, 2005, 07:24 AM
:confused: I didn't think they still had protected injury seedings. The ranking is protected to get her in the tournament but it doesn't carry to the sseding does it? Just when you thought you understood the rule......

she wont be seeded! you are right injury rankings only get u in to the tournament they don't count for seedings!

martinafan
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:40 AM
Go Kveta! (tho i wish u played in Sydney!)

DutchieGirl
Dec 5th, 2005, 12:27 PM
she wont be seeded! you are right injury rankings only get u in to the tournament they don't count for seedings!

but if they take her as #29, then she would be second seed anyway... hmm but yeah...then that doesn't exactly work does it. She shouldn't be seeded in any case.

ozfan44
Dec 6th, 2005, 01:21 PM
players use their special ranking e.g. Rubin 29 for entry purposes

for seeding purposes special rankings do not exist so rubins actual ranking wateva it is could be 500 or wateva will not be high enough to be seeded!

Gerben
Dec 6th, 2005, 04:03 PM
players use their special ranking e.g. Rubin 29 for entry purposes

for seeding purposes special rankings do not exist so rubins actual ranking wateva it is could be 500 or wateva will not be high enough to be seeded!
:lol: Obviously. If she was ranked high enough to be seeded, she wouldn't need her special ranking to enter the tournament. ;)

Paldias
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:52 AM
Whatever, Rubin's going to win the tournament anyway. Seeded or not, title #1 for 2006 for Chanda Rubin!

:banana:

DutchieGirl
Dec 7th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Whatever, Rubin's going to win the tournament anyway. Seeded or not, title #1 for 2006 for Chanda Rubin!

:banana:

No she ain't! :p

jamatthews
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:49 PM
:lol: Obviously. If she was ranked high enough to be seeded, she wouldn't need her special ranking to enter the tournament. ;)

Actually that's not true...Clijsters wasn't ranked high enough to enter Warsaw, but she ended up being seeded because she won Indian Wells and Miami...

Gerben
Dec 7th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Obviously. If she was ranked high enough to be seeded, she wouldn't need her special ranking to enter the tournament.
Actually that's not true...Clijsters wasn't ranked high enough to enter Warsaw, but she ended up being seeded because she won Indian Wells and Miami...
Of course it's true. I did not say that Rubin cannot be seeded, just that if her ranking would be high enough to be seeded, she wouldn't need her special ranking.
You mention a completely different situation. The fact that Clijsters ended up being seeded was not related to her ranking at that time.

Carmen Mairena
Dec 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Viva Núria!!! :woohoo: :inlove:

Hoping for a seeding for her... :angel: :unsure:

DutchieGirl
Dec 8th, 2005, 01:26 AM

yes, but did she not get a WC for Warsaw then? And you can still be seeded if you have a WC. And she got seeded indeed because she won IW and Miami - seedings are done from the rankings the week before the tourney, so then Kim's ranking owuld have been much higher the week before Warsaw because of those 2 tourney wins.