PDA

View Full Version : ABN-AMRO India exhibition

Sabatinifan
Nov 29th, 2005, 12:16 PM
New Delhi, November 29: Sania Mirza will mark her return to the courts with a celebrity mixed doubles match partnering Mahesh Bhupathi against Shikha Uberoi and former Wimbledon champion Richard Krajicek on the sidelines of a men's event on Sunday.

Shikha will also play a singles match against Krajicek's sister Michaela on the sidelines of the ABN-Amro tennis challenge on December 3-4, Globosports, organisers of the event, said.

Sania, who last played in a competitive match seven weeks ago, had suffered a back strain and pulled out of a WTA tour event in Thailand in the first week of October.

She still has a slight strain in her lower back but the 19-year-old began practice two days ago in her hometown Hyderabad.

SilK
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:16 PM
Any confirmation on this from the Dutch camp?

I can't find it ANYWHERE! :eek:

If this is going to happen, that is absolutely great!

Sania vs. Misa would've been better, but I guess Sania wants to take it slow with her injury.

GertAlert
Dec 1st, 2005, 11:05 AM
Here is the link to an article about this (published nov. 30, so very recent):
http://www.zeenews.com/znnew/articles.asp?aid=259107&sid=SPO&ssid=92

Richard Krajieck is also tournament director of the Challenger, so it seems likely that is why Misa was invited for the exhibition against Shikha.

Sabatinifan
Dec 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
Result:
Bupathi-Uberoi d. Bopanna-Mirza 3-6, 6-2, 10-2

I'm not sure b/c of all the conflicting information but Richard and Michaela Kraijcek play off against Bupathi and either Mirza or Uberoi.

LeRoy.
Dec 4th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Misa def. Shika
Richard K def. Bhupati
Misa/Richard def Sania/Bhupati