PDA

View Full Version : Your best (and worst) Nastya moments/memories of 2005

AlexB
Nov 28th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Because these best of/worst of lists seem to be popping up in the offseason, i thought ide jump on the bandwagon and do one for nastya

Best: (tie) the win vs venus fed cup and watching in person bothe her sunday us open practice and her 1st round us open win

Worst: sitting front row as a nastya shot hits the middle of the net, giving elena likhovtseva a us open win and giving me nightmares for a few days

sinterklaasje
Nov 28th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Best: her Wimbledon matches: not always great quality tennis, but she really fought for every point. At that point, I knew she would slowly turn back to her old self. I also loved her press conference at the US Open where she said she was really happy because her mom was better :hug: .

Worst: euhm, many bad matches, but her fed cup loss to May Pierce was so heart-breaking. Fed Cup is so important to her and she was on the edge of giving the decisive rubber to Russia, but she failed. She looked so depressed during the doubles match. I really thought she would go down in her first match in India because of that FC-loss. This loss was also very painful for me because that was one of the only matches I saw this year. I was so happy the first half of the match: 6-4 4-2, some good tennis and Nastya giving the third point to her team, but suddenly the lights went out.

martirogi
Nov 28th, 2005, 05:38 PM
best: wimbledon wins vs jankovic and dementieva

worst: first half of the year, us open loss, fed cup losses and seeing her not be able to enjoy russia's win because she still felt bad

michelle11
Nov 28th, 2005, 06:56 PM
best : win against jankovic in wimbledon
worst : first round out in berlin and paris.I was in fear she could retire.
and later the loss in fed cup against the charming miss "wait for my serve"

Spunky83
Nov 28th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Best: Sitting down on her bench after winning against Jankovic Wimby, smiling the greatest smile ever

Worst: Definetly Berlin 2nd round & French Open 1st round

_LuCaS_
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Best : the Wimbledon 3rd round. Just unbelievable.
Worst: to me it was the match that she lost in Doha against Martinez. I saw the end of the 2nd set and it was heartbreaking. I was so upset after the match that I took a walk around the hood to chill myself.

selyoink
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Best: The win over Lena D. at Wimbledon to get to the quarterfinals.

Worst: A lot to chose from here. I say the loss to Dechy at AO because her draw had really opened up. She easily should have made the semi-finals and had a legitimate chance at winning it all.

miffedmax
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:42 PM
best: wimbledon wins vs jankovic and dementieva

worst: first half of the year, us open loss, fed cup losses and seeing her not be able to enjoy russia's win because she still felt bad

Oh, crap, I knew that Wimbledon thing would come up.:cry:

Perversely, my worst Nastya moment was when she single-handedly knocked the U.S. of A out of Fed Cup.

Best is when she won Kolkata, just because so many people were proclaiming her career was over and she'd never win another tournament.

frenchie
Nov 28th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Worst: (so many at the beginning of the year!) Probably her first round match at RG, I was in the stadium and couldn't believe my eyes! In the third set at some point I thought I could have done better than her against MSL :tape:

Bests: her win over Jankovic (my body hasn't fully recovered yet because I was watching a scoreboard :lol: )
Her win over Venus in FC :eek:
Her title in Kolkota :angel:

madiba
Nov 29th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Worst... looking at the pics of the awarding ceremony of fed cup, when nasty got that sad look, it killed me...

Best... Discovering this site and other Mad-about-nasty people... for 3 years my friends considered me as just mad, now I know that I'm not alone and I have definetely "good taste"...

martirogi
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:13 AM
welcome madiba :wavey:

AlexB
Nov 29th, 2005, 01:31 AM
Worst... looking at the pics of the awarding ceremony of fed cup, when nasty got that sad look, it killed me...

Best... Discovering this site and other Mad-about-nasty people... for 3 years my friends considered me as just mad, now I know that I'm not alone and I have definetely "good taste"...

dont worry you are not alone by far...and my friends think im nuts too :lol:

i assure you, you dont have good taste, you have great taste :)

btw all the responses have been good, it has reminded me of some things both good and bad from the 2005 season i had forgotten about

martirogi
Nov 29th, 2005, 02:19 AM
yes id forgotten about that damn dechy match. i was SO mad after that. little did i know i could get even more upset (aka us open)

denine
Nov 29th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Worst: RG (horrid), loss to mary pierce in the fed cup finals ( i was so sure she was gonna win:()

Best: Kolkata, Fed cup semis match against venus :D

meyerpl
Nov 29th, 2005, 05:13 PM
Worst: Every time Nastya looked sad.

Best: Every time Nastya smiled.

Spunky83
Nov 29th, 2005, 07:07 PM

Well said :worship:

angiee3
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:11 PM
worst= first round lose french open.... and them match against Pierce in Fed Cup..

angiee3
Nov 30th, 2005, 05:12 PM

have to agree...

T Boz
Dec 2nd, 2005, 03:58 PM
Worst moments : defeat vs Mary Pierce at the final fed cup!! above all the way it happened_ i don't imagine her sadness !! it's the worst moment , she's so disappointed - she is pratically in tears !!! Horrible !!!! ( bad feelings about competition ))
it reminds me Olympics games semi final !!! and logically i'm frustrated !!!
The 1st half of the year !!! NASTYA dropped about 5 ranks !!
Bad statistics : she has just won vs Elena , about the top 10 confrontations!!
Next year , she could do better !!!

Best moments : even if she won a "little tournament" Tier 3 , she won it !!!
AND the new boom in the performances of Nastya at Wimby
where she plays very tough matches for mental !!!
this time , she won it !!!

DomenicDemaria
Dec 6th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Best: Seeing her play doubles at Aus Open, getting her towel and Nastya trying to steal my texta! :haha: I the first person to get something signed so she took my texta and signed for everyone. I has to wait from start to finish. She then went to put my texta into her tennis bag :lol: Also at wimbledon the match against Jankovic. I think I nearly had 10 heartattacks during that match! :haha:

Worst: French open. I'm not gong to say anymore on that :sad: Also when she played Mary Pierce. I hated it coz my two favourite players were playing!

Spunky83
Dec 7th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Best: Seeing her play doubles at Aus Open, getting her towel and Nastya trying to steal my texta! :haha: I the first person to get something signed so she took my texta and signed for everyone. I has to wait from start to finish. She then went to put my texta into her tennis bag :lol: Also at wimbledon the match against Jankovic. I think I nearly had 10 heartattacks during that match! :haha:

Worst: French open. I'm not gong to say anymore on that :sad: Also when she played Mary Pierce. I hated it coz my two favourite players were playing!

Ok, now here comes to million dollar question, I´ve always asked myself...I know what I would do with an autograph and with a pic and everything but what did you do with the towel? I´ve always asked myself that question. Would you put in the washingmachine and than put it up on the wall or just inside the wardrobe or wouldn´t you wash it and wait for the day till it starts to smell? This is a serious question! Seems like Justine has a better memory than Nastya (the textmarker-thing). She even thanked me for the pen...evil people who say that Justine was well...evil :lol:

DomenicDemaria
Dec 7th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Ok, now here comes to million dollar question, I´ve always asked myself...I know what I would do with an autograph and with a pic and everything but what did you do with the towel? I´ve always asked myself that question. Would you put in the washingmachine and than put it up on the wall or just inside the wardrobe or wouldn´t you wash it and wait for the day till it starts to smell? This is a serious question! Seems like Justine has a better memory than Nastya (the textmarker-thing). She even thanked me for the pen...evil people who say that Justine was well...evil :lol:

:haha: It's sitting on a shelf in my room! I told my mum not to wash it coz she washed one my brother's towels with Paola Suarez's signature on it. :lol: I have still got the texta, prob use it again next year at the Aus Open.

ctan88
Dec 9th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Hey Everyone,

Best Moment:
1. Wimbledon ... win against Jankovic
2. Wimbledon ... win against Dementieva
3. Kolkaka ... tournament win

Worst Moment:
1. French Open ... defeat against Sanchez Lorenzo
2. Australian Open ... defeat against Dechy
3. US Open ... defeat against Likhovtseva

cindy
Dec 10th, 2005, 05:43 PM
hi ctan88! welcome here!

well best moment: the day I saw her for the first time of my life...I'll always remember her eyes when she said "pajalste" to me...victoty over jankovic at wimbledon especialy because of what you perfectly said spunky "smiling the greatest smile ever" AND even if I feel sorry for lena victory over lena at wimbledon I remember I told my grand mother "sh***t she'll never win this match!!!" and then she won!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! i was soooo happy I even thought that she will win the tournement! I became her fan this day...she became my little survivor

worst moment: US open lost to likhovtseva...I realy adore likhovtseva but this day!!! grrrrr and of course the lost to mary pierce at the fedcup...so desapointing cause she was on her way to win!!!...i thought she will never smile again!

meyerpl
Dec 13th, 2005, 04:32 PM
hi ctan88! welcome here!

well best moment: the day I saw her for the first time of my life...I'll always remember her eyes when she said "pajalste" to me...victoty over jankovic at wimbledon especialy because of what you perfectly said spunky "smiling the greatest smile ever" AND even if I feel sorry for lena victory over lena at wimbledon I remember I told my grand mother "sh***t she'll never win this match!!!" and then she won!!!! I couldn't believe it!!! i was soooo happy I even thought that she will win the tournement! I became her fan this day...she became my little survivor

worst moment: US open lost to likhovtseva...I realy adore likhovtseva but this day!!! grrrrr and of course the lost to mary pierce at the fedcup...so desapointing cause she was on her way to win!!!...i thought she will never smile again!
Nice! I enjoyed reading about your experience.

cindy
Dec 14th, 2005, 04:49 PM
thx meyerpl...you had the short story...i think my family is tired of the nastya-story!!!
but she is just so great...she deserves to be loved!

russophile
Dec 16th, 2005, 03:33 AM
http://vpfilms.krm.net.ua/serials/Bednaya_Nastya/wall1024-01.jpg
POOR ANASTASIA

peanuts
Dec 20th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Best - Nastya winning that Wimbledon third round match against Jankovic. It was only in the third round but the match was thisclose, at the end I was celebrating as though she'd won the title. ;)

Worst - French Open first round . Need I say more? :sad:

TF Chipmunk
Dec 21st, 2005, 03:40 AM
Worst moment: 1R loss at the French Open :sad: It just put an exclamation point to the miserable first half she had :(

Best moment: Her Wimbledon run: She's BACK BITCHES! And also her Fed Cup victory over Venus Williams: WIMBLEDON WASN'T A FLUKE, BEWARE SLUTS! :armed::devil:

Tennisking5
Jan 1st, 2006, 01:41 AM
best: wimby and first 2 rounds of us open. good early fight in fed cup.
worst: roland garros, which i hate to think about. it was really depressing. also end of year after us open. she should have been at the masters. she didn't want it after that.

Breakaway
Jan 2nd, 2006, 09:55 PM
Best - Wimbledon, I really felt like Myskina was turning around there. And her comebacks were just vintage Msykina

Worst - Hearing the reports about her mom in the first half of the year. The whole year till Wimbledon.

Per
Jan 3rd, 2006, 10:48 AM
My best moments:

1. I were in Paris at Roland Garros in 2004 and I saw Nastya winnng her QF, her SF and her F. I became a Nastya-fan after that. :bounce:

2. I went to Filderstadt in 2005 to watch Nastya's games. I were so lucky to meet Nastya very shortly. I gave her a present (H.C. Andersen fairy-tales in an Russian edition), and Nastya allowed me to give her a kiss on her beutiful cheek. :hearts:

Worst moment:

1. Nastya leads 5 - 1 in 3th, and never the less Nastya lost her 2004-Olympic semis to Henin. I were depressed a week after that match. :sad:

RR-87
Jan 3rd, 2006, 11:20 PM
Best moment: the victory over Venus at Fed Cup :worship:
Worst: mother's illness in May and as a result first round exit on Roland Garros :mad:

Zealisa
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Best-her magic return to the winning ways at the Wimbledon!
Worst-all other tournaments,especially Fed Cup! Knowing, how much it means for

Zealisa
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:04 PM
Worst-all other tournaments,especially Fed Cup! Knowing, how much it means for her,and such a devastating loss to Mary

Zealisa
Jan 12th, 2006, 01:05 PM
Worst-all other tournaments,especially Fed Cup! Knowing, how much it means for her,and such a devastating loss to Mary Pierce!

Bubba08
Jan 12th, 2006, 03:15 PM
One post is enough :)

Filippo-Nastya
May 8th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Worst moment: The day before RG start when she told that her mother was ill.

Best moments: The incredible wins over Bohmova, Jankovic and Lena D. at Wimby, the victories over Williams and Craybas in the Fed Cup semis and the US Open when Nastya said that her mum (healthy again) was in New York with her. What a relief!!

Shorty-Rey
Jul 5th, 2006, 09:38 PM
One of the best moments in 2005 for me was Nastya and Daniela winning the doubles-title in Filderstadt - in their first team-up :bowdown: