PDA

View Full Version : Lena didnt play badly in L.A.

vogus
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:25 PM
In spite of Lena losing all her matches in straight sets, especially the matches against Mauresmo and Clisters were still very good quality and the highlight of going to the tournie for me. Even in defeat she was magnificent. I am trying to get copies of them on video so i can watch them again, she was that good. So i dont know if you guys saw the matches on TV but take my word for it that Lena provided plenty of bang for the buck in L.A., regardless of the scoreline outcomes.

Dementinator
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:38 PM
well she always tries her best...

Dementirilenko
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Exactly Cap, exactly!!

udachi Elena
Nov 14th, 2005, 08:23 PM
none of her matches were shown on tv.. if someone can get them can they be sent :) :)

strato
Nov 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Sorry, but her matches vs the frenchies were really awful !!!
She played much better against Kim, she deserved another scoreline.

Danči Dementia
Nov 15th, 2005, 09:06 PM
She just was tired I guess but the good thing is that at least she qualifiquies there

JC Federer
Nov 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM
If next year's field at the Championships will again be the 'usual suspects', I'm afraid I don't have much optimism for Lena's prospects. Unless she wins some big titles in the season, and surprises everyone.

clarinette
Nov 27th, 2005, 11:01 AM
She was probably very tired: she didn't stop playing since the US Open.
She played Fed cup (where she played the three matches in 3 sets) and after this, she participated in all the tournament to be qualified for the championship!!!!!

matyika
Dec 10th, 2005, 12:51 PM
She did not play badly in L.A. !?
OK, but all the other girls collected some points, only Dementieva left with "0".
Otherwise, all the girls are tired at the end of season.

Dementinator
Dec 10th, 2005, 12:55 PM
give her a break now please ,this subject is over ,why keep rehashing it. you want unparalelled sucess then join the Belgians or something .Lena is not for people who want win after win ..she is who she is and i very much doubt we can achieve any more in life than she has and still can.

SloKid
Dec 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Let's look to the future not the past...

mashenka best 1
Dec 10th, 2005, 04:42 PM
good luck lena... it would be nice for her to beat myskina next year!

vogus
Dec 10th, 2005, 08:58 PM
She did not play badly in L.A. !?
OK, but all the other girls collected some points, only Dementieva left with "0".
Otherwise, all the girls are tired at the end of season.

FOOL, i said that although Lena lost, she still played very well at times during her matches. It has nothing to do with 'points'. Capeesh?

SloKid
Dec 10th, 2005, 09:01 PM
For crying out loud let it go people...The YEC is over and has been that way for a long time...New season is ahead of us...Let's concentrate on that...

matyika
Dec 20th, 2005, 11:45 PM
FOOL, i said that although Lena lost, she still played very well at times during her matches. It has nothing to do with 'points'. Capeesh?

Answer of the FOOL: she lost 3 matches in a row, all 6-2, 6-3. Now, after this, how can someone make the postulat "she played very well" ???????

Corswandt
Dec 21st, 2005, 12:58 AM
well she always tries her best...

I didn't feel she gave her best during the match against Clijsters.

Otherwise, she played what could reasonably be expected by the player who had just been through some very tiresome weeks, more so than any other player at the YEC.

Mathijs
Dec 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM
Can we just put a big Period to this?, the 2005 season is gone, pls let's look forward to a great 2006 alright?

SloKid
Dec 21st, 2005, 07:47 PM
I would give everything for this thread just to be deleted or locked...:rolleyes:
To quote my previous two posts in this thread:
Let's look to the future not the past...
For crying out loud let it go people...The YEC is over and has been that way for a long time...New season is ahead of us...Let's concentrate on that...

Mathijs
Dec 21st, 2005, 09:38 PM
I would give everything for this thread just to be deleted or locked...:rolleyes:
To quote my previous two posts in this thread:

Agreed Milan :wavey:

Hope they pick up our comments.

Look forward ppl, not backwards, the YEC is already over, get over it and look towards the AO and all the other tournaments Lena will do well at....