PDA

View Full Version : Dementieva and the big results

matyika
Nov 14th, 2005, 02:43 PM
Postulate of Dementieva not long ago at the pages of "Novosti Sport":
"I believe nothing can stop me from becoming the world's number one player"
Now, how to interpret this one ? Optimism overestimated ? Megalomany ?
And the results:
LA last time: 51 games played, 36 lost, 19 won. Tremendous good relation.
And, she was the only lady there collecting "0" point. Excellent.
Otherwise everywhere: up to 19 DFs and well over 30 UEs / match. Magnificent.
I think, this is not the proper "picture" of the world's number one player.

Dementinator
Nov 14th, 2005, 02:52 PM
dear me ,will no one let this lie? shes entitled to believe she can do it ,or she may as well give up now..

L.A is over ,we need to look forward to '06 and see what that brings..seems a lot of people of dissapointed with Elena ,well thats understandable ,but shes unpredictable and you just have to live with it ,or move on elsewhere ,hopefully she can get the big one soon ,but if not ,no matter ,her careers from a disaster ,still in top ten..

I very much doubt any of us are one of the ten best in the world at what we do ,as MiffedMax said ,I jjust hope she enjoys her off season...shes worked very hard.

Danči Dementia
Nov 14th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Matyika go the hell :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
You are not her fan dont came here juts to bother Lena has almost everythinhg for being No.1 just that f*** serve but anyway for me and many many more she is the real No. 1 rigth Dementinator I know you are with me:bounce: :bounce: :wavey:

miffedmax
Nov 14th, 2005, 05:29 PM
Ironically, he's hit right on the head with the header.

Lena's problem is her results in big matches. Her won/lost percentage in finals is pathetic. As I said before, with even a .500 record in finals, we'd be talking about a woman with one or two Grand Slams, 7 or 8 more Tier I titles and an armload of doubles trophies to boot.

That's a resume that's close to TOB's, Kim's, Amelie's, and Linds, if not quite on par with JHH or the Williams sisters. But those first four have all reached #1.

I still think that even with the serve issue, Lena's biggest problem is between her ears.

Dementirilenko
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Yeah, I also think that Lenas problema are more mentally, not technically, she has everything for becoming the worlds best - except a good serve, but we all know that her serve is a bit better now. But for me she is definetly the worlds best!

Dementinator
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:19 PM
to us all she is ,and she could well be ,but theres some improvements to be made ,hopefully she will make them

Nikki-B
Nov 14th, 2005, 07:23 PM
She will always be number 1 to me! :hug:

evinrude15
Nov 14th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Like I always say, she maybe not number 1 in WTA but she is in her supporters heart so..... And I really don't understand why people who don't like her come here for post some words...........for WHAT??? Did I go to the forum of Sharapova for say how ( no words ) the thing that she do against Anna-Lena Groenefeld in moscow was not correct and polit???? Did I go to other tennis player forum for say bad words??? NO because I understand the other supporters and because I'm polit and don't need to do that

No Name Face
Nov 15th, 2005, 03:05 AM
it's gonna click soon...have faith guys

strato
Nov 15th, 2005, 07:58 AM

:bounce: I hope so !! ;)

evinrude15
Nov 15th, 2005, 10:49 AM

YEAH :bounce: :bounce:

matyika
Nov 17th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Apply the old roman words: "ira caeca est". Cool down, excitement, furiousity are not healthy.
Further: to much beauty, charm and shape makes very short-sighted. Tennis is not a "beauty competition", the results of the tennis should not "colored" with it. Otherwise, it is useless and even harmful to the player from the supporters to make always excuses, "Hallelujas", "you are cool, great, the number one" ecc. even after a string of defeats. Some objectivity is never harmful. If the fun or supporter club are not able to distinguish between "beauty" and "tennis", than the poor Dementiva has instead of a fun-club a lunatic asylum, populated by half blind infantiles. Also, try to see the things as they are and do not paint them "pink".
Two remarks about the results are well "targeted". Both about "psycho" and between "her ears". But, this is just the syndrom and not the etiology. The origin of her trouble is in Moscow. At her start no tennis-club wanted to take her because of some "inability". (This is the proof to have bloody stupid idiotic officials and "experts" is not a privileg for western countryes only) Also, she is somehow "privat home made", with remarkable, but limited results. The limitations coming somehow from the "Dementievas Castle". Somehow is the girl kept off of succes with force. Bad managemnt, badly assembled but excellent tennis "gadgets" should properly readjusted and reassembled. The only thing what she should get now, to go to a proper and hard tennis academy (not in Moscow!!) for about 12 weeks for a general "overhaul" a la Navratilova: 1000 balls a day, and for her as an addition, 300 serves for breakfest and 300 at the evening as "sleeping pills" To much to learn for her are not asked, she has every "gadgets" necessary for tennis in overflow, the "gadgets" should properly, new assembled. The "betwen her ears" existing "fleas" are self healing after succes.After these "repairs" we will have a "dynamite" to win tourniers and GS-s in galore.

matyika, the no fun, but the enemy, and the foreign spy.(since the start of 1999)

Ps:nearly forgotten:some of the ladys sent me to the hell. I agree, but I am afraid, the Devil is opposing. He is not yet retired, even does not has a new job. Me and the Devil together in the hell ? Impossible. The hell would be strongly overcrowded.

El Dirko
Nov 17th, 2005, 06:56 AM
shes entitled to believe she can do it.

She quite blatently doesn't believe she can do it.

If she did truly believe in herself then she would get much better results, because she has the game to.

Dementinator
Nov 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
well hopefully she will start to believe in herself more....starting in 06

Danči Dementia
Nov 17th, 2005, 05:44 PM
hey matyika are you her fan?
Can yuo please use a language softer because I dont understand you

JC Federer
Nov 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM
As bad as my record with matyika has been, I am complete agreement with him/her this time, and I understood him too.

I think it's a bit premature to talk about being #1 at this point, when there are players out there like Kim, Justine, Lindsay, Maria, Venus, Serena, Mary, Amelie. Sure, she'll beat them every now and then, but consistently, she's going to be on the losing end.

There's a difference between self-confidence or self-belief, and getting-ahead-of-yourself. Unless it's a definate sure thing she'll be #1, I would advise being modest rather than cocky. I'm afraid she's got a lot to improve, both mentally and technically, before she can realistically expect to be #1. For someone with 4 titles, none of which are Tier I or better, to expect to be #1 is a bit optimistic. Strange things of course can happen once she bags a big one.

She needs to cut down on the 'off-days' and be more consistent. If she doesn't hit 19 DFs in a match, she'd have a good chance of winning any match, but the serve is letting her down in the big matches. She got away with it all the way to the finals of a US Open, but Sveta did what none of her other opponents could: punish that weak serve. If she drew someone who wasn't used to that awkward serve, she may as well have won the Open.

Either get a serve that hits aces and service winners regularly, or improve the accuracy of the serve (especially second serve). At the moment she does neither. My advice would be to just serve underarm, if you can't get a second serve in! You're not going to threaten anyone with that second serve, so you may as well hit it underarm, so that you at least won't miss it and hand a free point to your opponent! If you mix it up, you can even catch your opponent off guard from time to time, when they don't expect it.

Credit to her for staying healthy despite playing so many tournaments, when so many other players are pulling out with injuries. But she needs to do it more efficiently so that she can get further in tourneys and thus play fewer of them.

I think she has too many demons to address at this point. Myskina, being a big one. Her record at the Championships is another. The serve obviously too. Some introspection is in order before she can win the big titles, and that is something she should aim for before #1, because it's naturally the precursor to being #1.

Swiss Ivo
Nov 27th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Critic in tennis is O.K. and sometimes a big help.
But at all,
I don`t think that Matyka is a fan of our angel...

JC Federer
Nov 27th, 2005, 02:54 PM
I think he is, from his other posts. He's just being realistic here and stating it as he sees it.

When you've lost all 3 matches at the YEC by the same 6-2 6-3 scoreline, you really are in no position to declare yourself a future #1. Not yet. Some improvement is in order first. Maybe it's the indoor hardcourts being too fast for her or something. She needs to address that.

I'm a fan also. Just stating facts. She's capable of playing really well sometimes, but she can't always bring her best to the court.

Dementinator
Nov 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
Well I myself have no problems with criticism of Elenas game at all ,there are problems to be adressed ,what I do NOT like ,is sarcastic coments there is no call for those.

Elena said those things because she believes she can do it ,so we will wait and see ,maybe she will maybe she wont ,but she has nothing to be ashamed of ,shes achieved an awful lot more than most people ever will in their lives...good luck to her.

Swiss Ivo
Nov 27th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Well I myself have no problems with criticism of Elenas game at all ,there are problems to be adressed ,what I do NOT like ,is sarcastic coments there is no call for those.

Elena said those things because she believes she can do it ,so we will wait and see ,maybe she will maybe she wont ,but she has nothing to be ashamed of ,shes achieved an awful lot more than most people ever will in their lives...good luck to her.

:lol: "sarcastic coments " :lol:
Yeah, you`re nice Dementinator! You`re realy a very, very big one! :worship:
Very nice comment! :yeah:
You`re our Press speaker!!!

I wish Lena for 2006 also all the best and successes without end!!!

:inlove: Elena Dementieva :inlove:

vogus
Dec 16th, 2005, 03:14 PM
matyika, the no fun, but the enemy, and the foreign spy.(since the start of 1999)

Ps:nearly forgotten:some of the ladys sent me to the hell. I agree, but I am afraid, the Devil is opposing. He is not yet retired, even does not has a new job. Me and the Devil together in the hell ? Impossible. The hell would be strongly overcrowded.

very interesting Matyika. What exactly do you mean about the foreign spy comment.