PDA

View Full Version : Savransky 2006 - The mission to the Grand Slams

Shonami Slam
Nov 13th, 2005, 12:41 AM
(for detailed information regarding 2005 please enter savransky 2005 thread)
Savransky has been a very positive attribute to Israeli tennis in 2005.
While Peer was the one in the spotlight, Savransky began her big steps up the rankings as well, as low as 376 in february she catapualted to 218 at one point and now lies in 227th.
Her doubles career bloomed as well, and during her partnership period with Nadeja Ostrovaskaya the pair captured two titles compiling a 13-2 win/loss record on the ITF tour before spliting up with to thier separate careers.
but like most tennis players - the main interest IS in singles, and in that department Savransky shined to lift the trophy in Germany in the 25K tourny in Durmersheim as well as reaching three semifinals in the same level at Redding, California mont-de marsan, France and Torun, Poland.
Savransky beat 3 top200 players during the year, including a career-best improving win over 109th Fujiwara of Japan, in Redding California.
It was also a year of upgrade - last year Savransky won an incredible career best 44 wins, but only 6 of them were in tournaments of more prestigue and prize money than 10Ks. This year the transformation was complete with Savransky winning all her 29 wins in 25Ks and up. of them - 5 were in 50K+ status. Savransky also got to taste the elite WTAtour, participating in 3 wta qualification events, but unsuccesful going 0-3.
Lastly - it was a year in which "yeffi" embraced the Clay surface playing only 6 hardcourt tournaments and an additional one-time carpet experience. she won 19 matches on clay to only 9 losses, improving on her 58/45 win/loss record that wasn't as impressive.
And she will start her pre-Aussie campaign on clay as well.

In a few months time Savransky will have a chance to Participate in one of the 4 most prestigous events of tennis - the Australian Open Grand Slam.
She'll be there as a qualifier, and for the moment she's just about right for the cutoffs, but with a few points coming off this month, she wants to make sure she can book the flight and will participate in two large ITF tournaments during the official off-season of the wtatour.
This means that these tournies are immensly strong, with top100 players competing and meeting top200 unseeded players.

In this week Savransky just made it to MD and will be the lowest ranked player apart the qualifiers. The tournament is in France in Deauville. it's a 50K and reaching the Quarter finals will promise Yevgenia an entrance to the Aussie open (remember - Cutoffs are made 6 weeks before main draw play begins, so Yevgenia is "stealing" 2006 time through these couple of off season tournies to boost her rankings and secure the spot).
However - winning 2 consecutive matches is probably too much, and she'll have to hope she can win her opening match here and then qualify for next week's tourny.

The Main Draw is out and it see's Yevgenia in a Considerably easy quarter - but in a bit of bad luck she srew a seed - Stepanie Cohen-Aloro of france, ranked 103rd in the world.
the pair were supposed to meet Joue les tours in October, but Savransky had to withdraw prior to the match start.
Should she win - It will improve her career-best, yet unfortunatly the quality points - better known as "bonus points" will not be accumulated as they will be dropped next year.
Cohen-Aloro is a strong baselining player who was highlightes last year for pushing Australian open Champion Serena Williams to three sets. She beat two top30 players and had a solid season on the wta circuit getting as high as 88 in the ranking at one point in the year. Savransky will come as a clear underdog, inferior in all the statistics.
But one thing does leave her hope - Deauville is on clay, the surface Cohen-aloro does her least at, lossing 4 first round encounters the past year going 4/6 with her wins with only a single win over a top100 player. It's the only surface on which Savransky can take her powerful shots, and it's the most forgiving surface fot Yevgenia's forehand-slice which she often uses to get out of trouble.
Cohen-Aloro is a single handed backhand player, and will look to load it up with topspin and keep savransky way behind the baseline. she's a big girl at 1.75 and a solid player all around, with good net skills.
It's going to require alot from Yeffi - and if she can surpass the frenchwoman, she'll be rewarded hugely for a QF-match berth against a local WC.
If Savransky can upgrade her 50K play the way she upgraded her 25K play last year, she'll be in the top200 in no time. If she can continue improving the way she did last year, she'll compete at all 4 grand slams this year and in time - she might even qualify for a wtatour event.
best of luck for this year Yeffi - We wish you great success and pride for this year!

tobi
Nov 13th, 2005, 02:43 PM
wow a report explaining everything about her,well done Gil :yeah:

Now best of luck to Yeffi for 06 season :kiss:

I am sure she will qualify for quali spot at AUS Open ;)

Shonami Slam
Nov 14th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Savransky will begin play tomorrow in doubles, partnering with 21 year old Darija Jurak of Croatia - a very Good doubles player winning 5 titles in 2005 and 21 titles in all (!).
the pair aren't seeded and will play another strong team in L. Kurhadjcova / M. Rybarikova of Slovakia. Lubomira isn't the most consistent of players though - reaching a wtatour doubles final this year, yet losing 8 times in the opening match, but only 3 of the occasions were on ITF circuit. Her first time partner Magdalena Rybarikova is a Slovak junior doing very good in singles shooting up the ranks but she's not ranked in doubles and has plaed only 7 profettional doubles matches in her short resume, all of them on 10K level.
This should be a winning start to the year and some quick cash. It should also allow Savransky to get closer to her best doubles rankings, after she faded to 254.
good luck.

Shonami Slam
Nov 15th, 2005, 08:04 PM
Jurak/Savransky beat Kurhajcova/Rybarikova 6-2 7-6(5) to start off the tourny in great fashion. next round opponents will be known only tomorrow - update then.
Savransky must be too far down for doubles action in aussie open, but perhaps she'll play as a one time partner with a top100 doubles player so both get a little more money. it might even be Smashnova, who usually teams up with Kremer or Randrianteffy for the sole money purpose.
for now - it's good match practice and experience.
Her match tomorrow against Cohen-Aloro will be the third on the list in main court - let's hope she ruins the home-girls title bid.
good luck!

tobi
Nov 15th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Yeffi :D :yeah: for doubles

Good Luck tomorrow :angel:

Shonami Slam
Nov 16th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Yeffi lost a heartbreaker.
She led 6/3 but lost the next one 3/6.
the final set was tight, and yeffi lost it 5/7 in a very painful defeat.
The stats are still not out so i don't know if she had match points - but it's extremelly sad.
A win here would have opened up so much for her.
still doubles action - but she'll be dissapointed.

Shonami Slam
Nov 17th, 2005, 10:17 PM
in doubles action savransky failed once more, completing a slightly dissapointing tournament.
She and Jurak saved 5 set points in the first set, but couldn't get to set points of thier own - and in the second set they collapsed, losing 7-6(4) 6-2.

quallies in Portois next up - Savransky looking for a 75K MD appearance, maybe the three pre-steps will give her the confidence to boom her game into the later tourny stages.
good luck savransky!

Shonami Slam
Nov 18th, 2005, 08:32 PM
this is how Savransky's quarter looks like - as you can see she's the top seed in it and will be looking to qualify with as little trouble possible
(4)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) v (wc)Anne-Valerie Evain (FRA)
Nicole Seitenbacher (GER) v Diana Brunel (FRA)
Andrea Popovic (SCG) v Daria Kustava (BLR)
(7)Madalina Gojnea (ROM) v Nadege Vergos (FRA)

good luck hon - updates soon

alon222
Nov 19th, 2005, 05:24 PM
(4)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def (wc)Anne-Valerie Evain (FRA) 6-2,6-0:bounce:

Shonami Slam
Nov 19th, 2005, 05:27 PM
as alon said - nice and easy victory, as expected.
qualy spots for the main draw are very difficult, and i'm hoping yeffi can make it and draw lisjak. updates tomorrow for the second qualification round.

Makkabi
Nov 26th, 2005, 03:50 PM
SHALOM! I am back :D!
Great news :)

Goodluck Savransky!

FlushingMeadows
Nov 29th, 2005, 02:34 AM
Hey Shonami and ASAP, will you guys be going to the Ramat HaSharon 10K this week? Any up and coming players to keep an eye on? It looks like a couple of Israelis did ok in th qualies but did not make it into the main draw. Send us a report if you can. Thanks.

Shonami Slam
Nov 29th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Hey Shonami and ASAP, will you guys be going to the Ramat HaSharon 10K this week? Any up and coming players to keep an eye on? It looks like a couple of Israelis did ok in th qualies but did not make it into the main draw. Send us a report if you can. Thanks.

for Ra'annana i'm planing on seeing at least 2 days of action, including the final.
for ramar hasharon i'm actually hoping to get tomorrow - I want to see Glushko and Pemra ozgen - the first should be the next big israeli, she won the israeli under16 championships (born 1990) and reached the finals of the under18s.
hopefully she and shahar can have some sort of rivalary. smashnova and tzip never really got to that.
anyway - I'll be posting it in the israeli forum, not here.

tobi
Nov 30th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Gil I really hope u can give some info about Pemra v Julia match :bowdown:

Pemra won 63 61 btw or something like that :p ;)

Enjoy the tennis sweetie :)

Meteor Shower
Dec 2nd, 2005, 10:14 AM
I can't go. too far from here and I've got some tests in the next few weeks.
Saw an interview with Julia several days ago, she seems really nice, sets up really high goals to herself (why not, I say).

Enjoy Gil, i'll visit the israeli forum to see your reports.

FlushingMeadows
Dec 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
anyway - I'll be posting it in the israeli forum, not here.
Where?

Shonami Slam
Dec 13th, 2005, 05:04 PM
all reports regarding Glushko and the other Israelis are in the challenger forum, in satillites sub-forum.

pascalre
Dec 14th, 2005, 03:59 PM
http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/852/savransky0162ih.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Shonami Slam
Dec 15th, 2005, 05:59 AM
thanks alot for the great picture :)
It's a shame Savransky is not participating in the israeli national champs.

tobi
Dec 16th, 2005, 08:24 PM
thanks alot for the great picture :)
It's a shame Savransky is not participating in the israeli national champs.
She need a good rest :angel:

Coz she played more than Obziler and Peer ;)

Shonami Slam
Dec 28th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Savransky is now 13th in the "next in" list for AO, though she is realisticly 10th because of MD promotions/withdrawls of three higher ranked girls.
it's getting very very close. it's a shame she didn't win one more match in her last tourny - that would probably have been enough.

tobi
Dec 28th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Savransky is now 13th in the "next in" list for AO, though she is realisticly 10th because of MD promotions/withdrawls of three higher ranked girls.
it's getting very very close. it's a shame she didn't win one more match in her last tourny - that would probably have been enough.
I think she will get in anyway :wavey: ;)

Shonami Slam
Dec 28th, 2005, 11:32 PM
we'll be wiser after this monday - alot of final withdrawls are given then.

Shonami Slam
Jan 10th, 2006, 06:28 PM
new AO entrance list is out and it's mixed news -
She's 5th on the waiting list, but Amanmuradova, Delequa will be getting MD WC and Dechy and Karatantcheva might not be playing as well...that leaves Yeffi as the 1st on waiting list!
now, I'm not sure of other MD promotions, but this could be it! this could be a grand slam debut appearance - and that would be simply amazing!
cross your fingers mates - in a few hours the draw will be made and we'll know for sure if she's in, or is she on pause - and then if she IS waiting, we get to bite our nails another few days until the MD is released - and THEN if she isn't in we can start pulling out hairs to see if there is a late withdrawel.
this is gunna be the beginning of a sleepless night weekend :scared:

Shonami Slam
Jan 11th, 2006, 10:38 AM
Qualification draw is out, and Savransky is not in it.
seems as though she's the first on the waiting list - but from here on the chances of her to play drop way way down.
very very depressing.
it all comes back to that match against Cohen-Aloro 5-7 in the third.
had it gone her way - she's be in.
:sad:

Shonami Slam
Jan 11th, 2006, 11:09 PM
someone once told me "God is the element of suprise"
well, i was very suprised to see Savransky in the order of play for today.
Sesil was banned, Pin was promoted, and Yeffi got in.
hurray! :bounce:
she's up against Maria Fernanda Alves of Brazil and i SO hope she wins this.

Shonami Slam
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:08 PM
Savransky lost after a bad match 3-6 1-6
she couldn't break, she lost serve to love twice and she was having difficultied to win consecutive points throughout the whole game.
it started off well untill the seventh game and she lost it from there on.
very dissapointing - but she got to play a big on, and i think it should please her enough.
1 down - 3 to go!

tobi
Jan 12th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Yeffi for playing :D

But losing badly :sobbing: :(

Shonami Slam
Jan 28th, 2006, 06:15 PM
Yeffi back to action and hopefully she can get a first win for 2006
this is her quarter in Belfort, a 25K event
(1)Kathrin Wöerle (GER) v Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO)
Tatjana Malek (GER) v Dominika Nociorova (SVK)
Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) v Q
(5)Selima Sfar (TUN) v Q

the first round is passable, but qualifiers are always tough - from there on it just get's trickier.
this could be a brilliant QF but it will be very difficult.
good luck hon!

Shonami Slam
Jan 29th, 2006, 06:39 PM
yevgenia drew quite a good qualifier - french Mailyne Andrieux whom she beat last year in mont de marsan. 6-1 6-7 6-3
her 18 y.o opponent had a great run in tampa through quallies and all the way to QF - let's hope she falls short this time agains savransky.
good luck

tobi
Jan 29th, 2006, 08:11 PM
good luck Yeffi :hug:

Shonami Slam
Jan 31st, 2006, 09:03 PM
:o
Mailyne Andrieux def. Yevgenia Savransky 6-1; 6-1
:o

something must be wrong.
get well soon yevgenia :hug:

Meteor Shower
Feb 1st, 2006, 05:49 PM
Someone got lazy in the season preparation :o
Still, I have a good feeling about this season for yevgenia :)

tobi
Feb 3rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Yevgenia :sobbing: :( :shrug:

Get better baby :hug:

tobi
Feb 5th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Paris Quali

Virginie Pichet d. (Alt)Yevgenia Savransky 61 57 76 :mad: :sobbing: :(

So close :awww:

shirgan
Feb 28th, 2006, 05:53 AM
Quali draw in $75K Las Vegas

1st round: 4-Yevgenia Savransky def Liga Dekmiejre 7-6(4) 6-1
2nd round: 4-Yevgenia Savranskiy def Sabine Jolk 7-6(0) 6-2
qualifying round: 4-Yevgenia Savransky vs. 8-Larissa Carvahlo (BRA)

Good luck :yeah:

shirgan
Mar 1st, 2006, 07:20 AM
Yevgenia qualified :)

Savranksy def Carvahlo 61 64

She will play Haynes in first round match

shirgan
Mar 2nd, 2006, 07:32 AM
1st round main draw:
Haynes def. (Q) Savransky 76(5) 62 :(

doubles:
Obziler/Savransky def. Dekmeuere/Woerle 63 62

shirgan
Mar 2nd, 2006, 11:46 AM
Next up in doubles:
QF:
Obziler/Savransky vs. (4) Ditty/Sequera (USA/VEN)

shirgan
Mar 3rd, 2006, 08:59 AM
doubles QF match:

4-Ditty/Sequera def LL-Obziler/Savransky 60 64

Shonami Slam
Mar 4th, 2006, 08:38 AM
savransky still seems to be off form - but nice to see her qualifying for a 75K.
hope the clay season will be better for her.

shirgan
Mar 13th, 2006, 05:39 AM
savransky won her first round match of the qualifying draw
in the 50k orange challenger

238-Yevgenia Savransky(ISR) def 164-Natalia Gussoni(ITA) 6/3 6/4

shirgan
Mar 14th, 2006, 12:14 PM
second round quali match:

Savransky d. Perianu 64 30 ret.

one more match to qualify!

shirgan
Mar 15th, 2006, 06:14 AM
Yeggenia failed to qualify :(

Keothavong d. Savransky 76(1) 64

tobi
Mar 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Yevgenia :(

But now geting few wins together again :)

Those US events are tough u know ;)

tobi
Mar 23rd, 2006, 12:02 PM
Yevgenia qualified and won vs. #1 seed in Redding $25K :woohoo:

She won vs. Ahsha Rolle (Top Seed) 61 63 :banana:

Also won doubles R1 with Baltacha vs. Keothavong/Rao 63 64

Keep going sweetie :kiss:

Meteor Shower
Mar 23rd, 2006, 05:43 PM
Good win. Tough next round, good luck.

tobi
Mar 24th, 2006, 07:24 PM
Savransky lost to Fernandez 46 36 :(

Shonami Slam
Apr 1st, 2006, 09:37 AM
good to see savransky getting some wins under her belt - sad to see she can't do it enough in the MD.
great win against asha though - she's starting to play big names these days.
she has to boost up her ranking 30 spots at least if she is to play RG quallies.

tobi
Apr 1st, 2006, 09:42 AM
Hopefully she can manage to make RG quali ;)

Shonami Slam
Apr 7th, 2006, 10:00 AM
back into the top50 and quarterfinals for yeffi after beating daniella kix 7:5 in the third! hopefully, she'll rack up another title and that should be enough for RG qualifications.
in the meanwhile - could you guys please check out when will the cut be given? 6 weeks before the competition is the indicator, right?
good luck savransky - do your best!

Shonami Slam
May 20th, 2006, 08:02 PM
savransky probably not going to make it into RG :sad:
but the good news is that she won her first ever wtatour level match in straasbourg quallies against carolna maes 6-3 7-6(4) well done!
hope she can notch another victory!

shirgan
May 21st, 2006, 12:15 AM
but the good news is that she won her first ever wtatour level match in straasbourg quallies against carolna maes 6-3 7-6(4) well done!
hope she can notch another victory!
great :yeah:
I didn't know that!

shirgan
May 21st, 2006, 06:26 PM
Savransky lost in the second round of the qualies to a chineese player

shirgan
May 25th, 2006, 02:53 PM
Yevgenia is in RG!! :eek:
I didn't know!!

1st round qualies:
Yevgenia Savransky ISR def. Elena Baltacha GBR 6-7(7) 6-2 6-2 :eek:

shirgan
May 25th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Next up
Milagros Sequera from Venezuela
good luck :)

Nimrodg
May 25th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Yevgenia is in RG!! :eek:
I didn't know!!

1st round qualies:
Yevgenia Savransky ISR def. Elena Baltacha GBR 6-7(7) 6-2 6-2 :eek:

She entered as last ALT :)

shirgan
May 25th, 2006, 03:06 PM
She entered as last ALT :)
and now she's the only Israeli left in the qualies
go figure ;)

shirgan
May 25th, 2006, 03:15 PM
with this one win only (I hope she wins more)
she could possibly reach a new record in her ranking

she gets 15 points for it!

shirgan
May 26th, 2006, 10:02 AM
easy match into last round
Qual. Singles - 2nd Rnd:
Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def. Milagros Sequera (VEN)[18] 2-2 Ret.

Meteor Shower
May 26th, 2006, 10:10 AM
congrats :)
not they way I wanted but she'll take it

shirgan
May 26th, 2006, 10:11 AM
Next up she will play Alberta Brianti from Italy ranked 185

shirgan
May 26th, 2006, 10:16 AM
with this one win only (I hope she wins more)
she could possibly reach a new record in her ranking

she gets 15 points for it!
with 25 points now
she will defenetly rech a new record in her ranking :yeah:

Makkabi
May 26th, 2006, 02:38 PM
:woohoo: :D

shirgan
May 27th, 2006, 02:48 PM
Yevgenia didn't qualify :sad:

Brianti def. Savransky 1-6 6-4 6-3 :(

Meteor Shower
May 27th, 2006, 02:52 PM
Yevgenia :sad: but good turnament :yeah:

Makkabi
May 28th, 2006, 02:57 AM
:(

Shonami Slam
May 31st, 2006, 11:13 PM
very very happy with yeffi's achievment - it was so great to read about her in the newspaper!
i have no internet connection in my base, but i read the sports pages every morning and followed her fantastic scores.
very well done, she's pregressing very nicely against the better girls - we can start talking about top200 again after quite a long slump in form.

next up - grass?
she's 24 on the alternate lists for wimbledon - let's see if she'll make it.

tobi
Jun 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM
Yevgenia is really did good :D

Keep going on this Yeffi :angel:

tobi
Jun 5th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Draw of $25K Grado event

Yevgenia on both draws

Singles Main Draw

(1)Mathilde Johansson (FRA) v Zuzana Kucova (SVK)
(Q)Sanja Ancic (CRO) v (wc)Alessandra Di Batte (ITA)

Marina Erakovic (NZL) v Paula Garcia (ESP)
(6)Madalina Gojnea (ROM) v Alice Canepa (ITA)

(4)Jessica Kirkland (USA) v (wc)Alessia Bertoia (ITA)
(Q)Polona Rebersak (SLO) v (wc)Mirna Marinovic (CRO)

Lenka Tvaroskova (SVK) v (SE)Angelique Widjaja (INA)
(8)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) v Mailyne Andrieux (FRA)

(7)Chanelle Scheepers (RSA) v Ana Vrljic (CRO)
Rita Kuti Kis (HUN) v (wc)Giulia Remondina (ITA)

Aurelie Vedy (FRA) v (Q)Violette Huck (FRA)
(3)Sara Errani (ITA) v Ekaterina Dzehalevich (BLR)

(5)Nika Ozegovic (CRO) v (Q)Olga Panova (RUS)
(Q)Annalisa Bona (ITA) v (Q)Verdiana Verardi (ITA)

(LL)Andrea Sieveke (GER) v (Q)Marinne Giraud (MRI)
(2)Tiffany Dabek (USA) v (Q)Matea Mezak (CRO)

Doubles Main Draw

(1)Dzehalevich/Savransky v BYE
Ancic/Erakovic v Giraud/Mic.Johansson

(4)Dabek/Scheepers v BYE
De Gubernatis/Laurendon v BYE

Andrieux/Ozegovic v Claes/Hogendoorn
(3)Errani/Garcia v BYE

Mezak/Mırcic v BYE
(2)Davydova/Panova v BYE

Makkabi
Jun 6th, 2006, 12:48 AM
Goodluck Savransky :)

shirgan
Jun 7th, 2006, 06:42 PM
1st round:
(8)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def Mailyne Andrieux (FRA) 63 64

shirgan
Jun 8th, 2006, 06:42 AM
next round she will play Angelique Widjaja from Indonesia
good preparation for Fedcup perhaps?
maybe if she does well here, she will be given a chance to actually play in fed cup in July?

shirgan
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:56 AM
Well eventually she lost to Widjaja, :(
so forget what I said :tape:

Makkabi
Jun 9th, 2006, 01:58 PM
^^ score? :(

shirgan
Jun 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
^^ score? :(
Widjaja def Savranky: 61,46,64

Also she lost in doubles at the QF round
Marina Erakovic(NZL)/Sanja Ancic(Croatia) bt (1)Ekaterina Dzehalevich Belarus) /Yevgenia Savransky(Israel) 6-3 7-5

Makkabi
Jun 10th, 2006, 11:48 AM
^thanks

shirgan
Jun 12th, 2006, 11:39 AM
Yevgenia Savransky reaches her highest rank ever in singles: #203
next week she may get the chance to enter the top 200 (depending on the results of other players)

Also in doubles she reaches her highest rank and she's now at #192

tobi
Jun 15th, 2006, 09:31 PM
She retired in her tournement in Gorizia

She was leading like 75 54 then retired :shrug: :scared:

shirgan
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:19 AM
She retired in her tournement in Gorizia

She was leading like 75 54 then retired :shrug: :scared:
:eek:
hope it wasn't something too serious ... :(

shirgan
Jun 16th, 2006, 01:23 AM
from what I see Savransky was leading 6-1 4-5

Shonami Slam
Jun 16th, 2006, 08:20 AM
too bad about her slip against angie - but she's #15 alternate for Wimbledon and that should be her main focus - career high doubles and career high singles takes us back half a year ago when she was at her prime - now she can grow even more.
at the moment she's in the top200 because of other girls dropping - let's wait and see on monday where she stands.

shirgan
Jun 19th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Yevgenia Savransky enters the top 200 players and is now ranked at #198 :) :yeah:

Makkabi
Jun 20th, 2006, 05:35 PM
Great!!! :D

tobi
Jun 25th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Yeffi back to clay again :)

$25K Perigueux

1st round vs. Monique Adamczak

Draws-Thread

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=243032

go Yeffi :)

shirgan
Jun 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
(4) Savransky ISR d. Adamczak AUS 46 63 64 :yeah:

in doubles she lost

N. BRATCHIKOVA/L. SKAVRONSKAIA def. 3 M. MEZAK/Y. SAVRANSKY 5/7 7/5 7/5

Makkabi
Jun 28th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Go Yeffi!

Meteor Shower
Jun 28th, 2006, 01:07 PM
Good win Yevgenia :yeah:

shirgan
Jun 29th, 2006, 09:50 AM
2nd round

(4) Savransky ISR d. Bartenstein AUT 6/3 6/1 :)

Makkabi
Jun 29th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Go Yeffi! :bounce:

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2006, 02:40 AM
QFs:
(4)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) d. (8)Julie Coin (FRA) 57 61 62

shirgan
Jun 30th, 2006, 02:16 PM
SF

(4) Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) d. (2)Virginie Pichet (FRA) 6-2 2-1 ret. :woohoo:

Makkabi
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:27 AM
:bounce::wohoo:

Shonami Slam
Jul 1st, 2006, 09:52 AM
yeffi will be ranked not too far down obziler, intresting times in israeli tennis.

Meteor Shower
Jul 1st, 2006, 03:57 PM
Y.Savransky(4-ISR) d. P.Parmentier(3-FRA) 1/6-7/6(3)-6/2

what a comeback :eek: :yeah:

well done!! :woohoo: another title!

shirgan
Jul 1st, 2006, 07:39 PM
:eek:
amazing! this is great :)

Makkabi
Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:11 AM
Awesome! :woohoo:

shirgan
Jul 4th, 2006, 05:21 AM
A pic of her in that tournament

http://www.cap-tennis.com/OPEN_GAZ/Images/SAVRANSKY_redimensionner.jpg

shirgan
Jul 6th, 2006, 02:52 AM
1st round of $25,000 Stuttgart-Vaihingen tournament in Germany:

(3)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) d. (Q)Joana Cortez (BRA) 64 64

next up she will play Youlia Fedossova (FRA)

shirgan
Jul 6th, 2006, 05:50 PM
2nd round
(3)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def. Youlia Fedossova (FRA) 3-6 6-2 6-2 :)

shirgan
Jul 6th, 2006, 06:53 PM
next up Ana Vrljic (CRO)

shirgan
Jul 7th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Yevgenia won her QF match:
(3)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) d. Ana Vrljic (CRO) 60 62

In the SF she will play against:
Tatjana Malek (GER)

shirgan
Jul 8th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Yevgenia is in the final !

(3)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def. Tatjana Malek (GER) 6:1 6:3

she wil play Monica Niculescu (ROM) in the final
good luck :yeah:

Meteor Shower
Jul 8th, 2006, 08:02 PM

shirgan
Jul 9th, 2006, 04:26 PM
Yevgenia won the tournament!

second tournament in two weeks :)

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2006, 02:04 AM
After her success in France, Savransky reaches her highest rank both in singles(#189) and in doubles(#191)

pascalre
Jul 10th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I have made this pic yesterday in Stuttgart-Vaihingen
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/7871/yevgeniasavransky107ap.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM
great !

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2006, 03:48 PM
http://www.stadtpokal.tc-blau-weiss.com/images/sieger06.jpg

Makkabi
Jul 10th, 2006, 05:23 PM
:woohoo:

By the way, isnt Savransky Jewish? :?
I can see that she wears a cross!

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:29 PM
:woohoo:

By the way, isnt Savransky Jewish? :?
I can see that she wears a cross!
wow
you're right! I didn't notice it! :eek:

Makkabi
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:53 PM
Where did she born?
isnt her surname Hebrew???

shirgan
Jul 10th, 2006, 06:59 PM
She was born in the Ukraine
but I don't know when she immigrated to Israel
or anything else about her background...

Meteor Shower
Jul 11th, 2006, 08:42 AM
She is cute :hearts: :D

pascalre
Jul 12th, 2006, 12:57 PM
Pics of Yevgenia

http://inside-tennis.net/index2.php?action=gallery&id=264&page=1

Shonami Slam
Jul 12th, 2006, 05:58 PM
hey - so much fun to come back home and see yevgenia on a tear!
very well done babe, second title in a row, making strong waves up the major ranks now.
a few more of these and top150 is in her grasp!

shirgan
Jul 17th, 2006, 02:46 AM
Yevgenia becomes today the third highest ranked player in Israel,
reaching a personal record high rank of #172

tobi
Jul 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
Yevgenia :woohoo: :hearts: for the titles

In Darmstadt she won her first match vs. Milevskaya with dropping one game

Lost to Kurhajcova in R2 :help:

Probably too tired :hug:

Now rest and good luck in your next tournement.

neospecialist
Aug 10th, 2006, 12:56 PM
Savransky wins in first round at Hechingen($25,000) 7-6 6-0 over Olaru

Shonami Slam
Aug 10th, 2006, 02:27 PM
very good win - olaru is one heck of a junior.
very well done - i expect her to win her next match easily as well

neospecialist
Aug 11th, 2006, 12:50 PM
Savransky upset in second round by Mihalache 3-6 6-7.

Shonami Slam
Aug 11th, 2006, 02:08 PM
shockingly dissapointed. :(

Shenanigans
Aug 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM
Hi All

Just a little story about Jeny, a friend of mine who has a hotel near to the contamines were they had the challenger event asked me if I had heard of a player called Jeny S and said she was around 160 in the world and was going to the US open, he is not a tennis fan but said she was very nice and chatty and left a note thanking him for all is help.
He said she speaks Russians, hebrew, English and French and lives with her boyfriend in Strasbourg, he has a tennis shop there.
I was trying to figure out who it was and thanks to this thread managed to get some photos to ask him if it was the same person. He confirmed it is so just a little story about her, sorry to see she lost in the qualies.

shirgan
Aug 30th, 2006, 05:21 AM
Hi All

Just a little story about Jeny, a friend of mine who has a hotel near to the contamines were they had the challenger event asked me if I had heard of a player called Jeny S and said she was around 160 in the world and was going to the US open, he is not a tennis fan but said she was very nice and chatty and left a note thanking him for all is help.
He said she speaks Russians, hebrew, English and French and lives with her boyfriend in Strasbourg, he has a tennis shop there.
I was trying to figure out who it was and thanks to this thread managed to get some photos to ask him if it was the same person. He confirmed it is so just a little story about her, sorry to see she lost in the qualies.

Shonami Slam
Sep 2nd, 2006, 08:16 AM
great story! thanks for sharing it with us ;)
yes, jenny would be the english version for zhenya, the russian nickname for yevgenia.
she did lose in us quallies in the first round, but she's into the semis of a 25K now and should break her career high. if she reaches the final, she'll be getting close to direct entries into wta qualifications in most tierIII-IVs
too bad she's not schedualed for any of the bigger tournies coming up - a late season surge could have boosted her career up with only a handful of victories.

Meteor Shower
Sep 2nd, 2006, 10:13 AM
congrats on career high, win the title :D

Dutch
Sep 5th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Just dropping a msg that we have seen her matches in Alphen, The Netherlands. Played very well but was not really lucky in the semi-final so too bad we have not seen her playing in the final.

It was nice meeting her and she left Netherlands with a lot of new fans! We will definitely follow her career as of now and all the best !

The Dutch Fans.

PS: Does anyone know the website for the Bordeaux tournement so we can check her results? Thanks in advance!

shirgan
Sep 6th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Just dropping a msg that we have seen her matches in Alphen, The Netherlands. Played very well but was not really lucky in the semi-final so too bad we have not seen her playing in the final.

It was nice meeting her and she left Netherlands with a lot of new fans! We will definitely follow her career as of now and all the best !

The Dutch Fans.

PS: Does anyone know the website for the Bordeaux tournement so we can check her results? Thanks in advance!
interesting info thanks :)

results and draws should be here when tournament starts
http://www.ti.fft.fr/EvMenu.asp?CodeEvent=062180

Shonami Slam
Sep 7th, 2006, 08:07 PM
:D yeffi growing into the tour - a real fanbase now :)

tobi
Sep 8th, 2006, 05:43 AM
We have new fans :)

Still great showing in Netherlands :)

Hope even better in Bordeaux :)

Shonami Slam
Sep 9th, 2006, 10:15 AM
I'm waiting for the draw - but my hopes are high for a QF at least.

you can find the draw and scores here from tomorrow:
http://www.opengdfbordeaux.com/simple2006.htm

Shonami Slam
Sep 10th, 2006, 06:32 PM
Savransky has quite grew into the 25K world. actually, she prefers it to tougher copetitions much of the time - however, as in last year we can expect her to try out for a wta qualy event or two, some higher ITFs and better opponents as we get to the closing of the season.
she has some ood results to defend in the next 3 months, losing at least a few points every week - that means any rise up the rankings must come with good results.
this week might be a good headstart - the 75K tourny in bourdeux has yeffi start off against a qualifier/LL. now there are some good players in the qualy field, but apart the two ekaterina (ivanova and makarova) i feel yeffis consistent game, ultimate slice forehand and hard serving shouldprove enough to make it to the quarters at least - as the second round is a weak section of seeded foretz - a player that never quite succeeded in rising to her potential as a junior. otherwise kloesel is passable as well.
but first things first - she has to win her first round match - if so, the sky is the limit for this late season attempt to surge even higher.

tobi
Sep 10th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Good luck Yeffi :) :D

tobi
Sep 16th, 2006, 12:02 PM
lost vs. LL Tina Schiechtl 36 16

It is very disapointing :( :help:

tobi
Sep 25th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Yeffi vs. Renata Voracova (CZE)

R1 in $50K Biella

tobi
Sep 26th, 2006, 11:57 PM
Yeffi won 64 63 :D

Also won her doubles match :)

Next up two days later is Tax Garbin :scared:

Shonami Slam
Sep 27th, 2006, 02:38 PM
it will be yeffi's biggest test ever, playing a ligitimate top100 player with fin records, titles and achievments.
"tax" is a player of pennetta, koukalova or smashnova caliber when it comes to clay, and yeffi should try to stick as close as she can if she doesn't want to be knocked out of court too fast.
should be intresting and exciting. a win here means we can expect yeffi to great things in next years wta clay season.

tobi
Sep 27th, 2006, 09:49 PM
it will be yeffi's biggest test ever, playing a ligitimate top100 player with fin records, titles and achievments.
"tax" is a player of pennetta, koukalova or smashnova caliber when it comes to clay, and yeffi should try to stick as close as she can if she doesn't want to be knocked out of court too fast.
should be intresting and exciting. a win here means we can expect yeffi to great things in next years wta clay season.
yeah they will play tomorrow

Go Yeffi :)

shirgan
Sep 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM
Garbin def Savransky 6-0 6-1

tobi
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Yeffi thats a bad result :help:

Shonami Slam
Sep 29th, 2006, 02:51 PM
quite horrible.
hopefully - she'll get herself together quiclky, because she's losing best17 results almost every week the next month and a half

Dutch
Oct 1st, 2006, 10:48 AM
The dutch fans are still here; whats her next tournement after Biella?
Thanks!

shirgan
Oct 1st, 2006, 11:44 AM
The dutch fans are still here; whats her next tournement after Biella?
Thanks!
she seems to be listed for the $50,000 Joue-Les-Tours 2006 In France
starting Oct 9th. She's currently 9th in the qualifying entry list

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014334&event=&order=Position

Dutch
Oct 4th, 2006, 02:36 PM
she seems to be listed for the $50,000 Joue-Les-Tours 2006 In France
starting Oct 9th. She's currently 9th in the qualifying entry list

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014334&event=&order=Position

Thanks for letting us know.... a bit to far from us to watch a game but we will definitely follow her career!
Might be useful (at least for us) to post any "next tournement" so we can check the related internet site.

Thanks again!

shirgan
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks for letting us know.... a bit to far from us to watch a game but we will definitely follow her career!
Might be useful (at least for us) to post any "next tournement" so we can check the related internet site.

Thanks again!
The week after that (Oct 16th) I see she is listed in the main draw of the $25,000 Glasgow tournament in Great Britain

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014359&event=&order=Position

I will try to write in advance as much as I can, but I don't really think there is a way to know what tournaments are coming up next for her, except by manually looking her up in all the tournaments lists.
I don't think she has a web site or something like that where she anounces where she will go next.

shirgan
Oct 4th, 2006, 03:39 PM
after that on the week begining on the 23rd of October
she is listed in both
25K Saint. Cugat, Spain in the main draw
and
75K Bratislava, Slovak Republic as an alternate.

no entry lists available after that week yet.

shirgan
Oct 7th, 2006, 01:37 AM
Well yesterday she withdrew from Joue-Les-Tours

shirgan
Oct 10th, 2006, 03:59 AM
after that on the week begining on the 23rd of October
she is listed in both
25K Saint. Cugat, Spain in the main draw
and
75K Bratislava, Slovak Republic as an alternate.

no entry lists available after that week yet.
yesterday she withdrew from the 75k
but is still in maindraw list of 25K Saint. Cugat, Spain (#7)

http://www.itftennis.com/womens/tournaments/tournamentacceptanceList.asp?tournament=1100014370&event=&order=Position

Shonami Slam
Oct 18th, 2006, 03:22 PM
savransky through first round in glasgow.

Meteor Shower
Oct 18th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Good luck in Glasgow. :)

shirgan
Oct 20th, 2006, 02:58 PM
Next tournaments:

23 Oct $25,000 Saint. Cugat, Spain: Main Draw
6 Nov $25,000 Opole, Poland: Qualifying

shirgan
Oct 22nd, 2006, 11:00 AM
results in Glasgow:

1st Round
Yevgenia SAVRANSKY (ISR) (8) defeated Karolina KOSINSKA (POL) 64 67(1) 60
2nd Round
Zsofia GUBACSI (HUN) defeated Yevgenia SAVRANSKY (ISR) (8) 64 62

shirgan
Oct 23rd, 2006, 11:16 AM
Next tournaments:

23 Oct $25,000 Saint. Cugat, Spain: Main Draw
6 Nov $25,000 Opole, Poland: Qualifying
Yevgenia withdrew from Opole.

shirgan
Oct 23rd, 2006, 12:51 PM
Yevgenia's quarter in Saint. Cugat:

(3)Sara Errani (ITA) v Ana Timotic (SCG)
Claire De Gubernatis (FRA) v (wc)Ximena Hermoso (MEX)
Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO) v Silvia Soler-Espinosa (ESP)
(5)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) v (wc)Anja Poglajen (SLO)

shirgan
Oct 25th, 2006, 02:15 PM
In doubles Yevgenia is seeded 2nd along with Veronika Kapshay(UKR)
they got a bye for 1st round and in QFs will play Sandhya Nagaraj/Sheila Solsona-Carcasona (IND/ESP)

shirgan
Oct 25th, 2006, 04:47 PM
(5)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) def. (wc)Anja Poglajen (SLO) 6-1 6-1

in the 2nd round she will play Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO)

shirgan
Oct 25th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Next tournaments:
13 Nov 50k Deauville, France - qualifying
13 Nov 25k Prerov, Czech Republic - qualifying

tobi
Oct 26th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Yeffi won her R2 match too :)

Next up is Schiechtl from Austria

shirgan
Oct 27th, 2006, 03:23 AM
2nd round singles:
(5)Yevgenia Savransky def. Masa Zec-Peskiric (SLO) 63 64

QF doubles:
(2)Yevgenia Savransky/Veronika Kapshay(ISR/UKR) def. Sandhya Nagaraj/Sheila Solsona-Carcasona (IND/ESP) 61 61

shirgan
Oct 28th, 2006, 04:03 AM
QF singles:
(9)Tina Schiechtl (AUT) d. (5)Yevgenia Savransky (ISR) 63 61

SF Doubles:
Sanchez-Quintanar/Sintes-Martin (ESP) def. (2)Kapshay/Savransky (UKR/ISR) 62 63

shirgan
Oct 28th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Next tournaments:
13 Nov 50k Deauville, France - qualifying
13 Nov 25k Prerov, Czech Republic - qualifying
she withdrew from both