PDA

View Full Version : A review of 2005 + a place to chat during the offseason.

martirogi
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:00 PM
Our tania might not have had as good a year as we expected but she did improve her ranking, make another final, and had a great tournament at charleston. :yeah:

2002- 375
2003- 345
2004- 27
2005- 24

so the pattern is little impovement, big improvement, little improvement. i guess next year is gonna be really fun. :woohoo:

martirogi
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Tati's top 20 wins of 2005:

Miami- #15 Bovina
Charleston- #8 Venus, #12 Petrova

:tape: i thought there'd be more when i started the list

yukon145
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:29 PM
well lets add younger players Tati beat this year, she had so much trouble with them (still sorta does):

Safina 7-5, 3-6, 6-2 Gold Cost
Safina 6-4, 6-7(10) 6-3 Antwerp
Chakvetadze 6-4, 7-6(3) Birmingham
Sprem 6-4, 6-4 Canada
Mirza 6-2, 6-4 Japan
Karatantcheva 6-4, 7-6(2) Linz

and remember how hard Tati fought this year againt Ivanovic at the Swisscom and in the first round of the US Open saving match points. well done Tati, im already excited about next year. there are lots of chances to gain alot of points.

yukon145
Nov 9th, 2005, 10:31 PM
i could have added Angela Haynes to the list, but i didnt because i dont think she will be that good and is just hyped by the USTA. Tati beat her 6-0, 6-7(8), 6-3 at the Nasdaq though.

martirogi
Nov 9th, 2005, 11:10 PM
i could have added Angela Haynes to the list, but i didnt because i dont think she will be that good and is just hyped by the USTA. Tati beat her 6-0, 6-7(8), 6-3 at the Nasdaq though.

:lol: i was at that match and the guys behind me were complete dumbasses.

big idiot: yeah angela's one of the youngsters like 15 or 16. lots of promise

idiot's friend: what about the other one? she seems good.

big idiot: o her. she's been around a long time. shes probably around 27. nothing special.

:armed: :armed: :armed:

yukon145
Nov 10th, 2005, 12:54 AM
hahhahaha, thats funny martirogi. haynes to me is all hype, good thing she didnt beat Serena at Wimbledon, we might have never heard the end of it.

rseto
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:40 PM
that's an interesting stat about the top 20 wins. she probably would have had a couple more good wins if she didn't get hurt and then started losing in the early rounds after she got back. at least her ranking still went up after all that and she ended the season on a decent note.

as for next year, i think it'll be interesting. Mush had a good post about it in the philly thread. with the presence of a coach, we might see whether she's basically a top 25 player or can still move up the rankings. and she better start finding a way to beat vaidisova, ivanovic, and the likes soon or her ranking won't be going up.

rseto
Nov 11th, 2005, 03:15 PM
FYI on tati's page of wtatour.com, her hometown is now listed as miami.

wurzelman
Nov 11th, 2005, 11:28 PM
:lol: i was at that match and the guys behind me were complete dumbasses.

big idiot: yeah angela's one of the youngsters like 15 or 16. lots of promise

idiot's friend: what about the other one? she seems good.

big idiot: o her. she's been around a long time. shes probably around 27. nothing special.

:armed: :armed: :armed:

:lol: some people :tape:

Just because she has a house in Miami doesn't mean they should list it as her hometown. I regard it as Paris.

Mush
Nov 14th, 2005, 06:39 AM
that's an interesting stat about the top 20 wins. she probably would have had a couple more good wins if she didn't get hurt and then started losing in the early rounds after she got back. at least her ranking still went up after all that and she ended the season on a decent note.

as for next year, i think it'll be interesting. Mush had a good post about it in the philly thread. with the presence of a coach, we might see whether she's basically a top 25 player or can still move up the rankings. and she better start finding a way to beat vaidisova, ivanovic, and the likes soon or her ranking won't be going up.

Thanks, whatever she'll have to improve her game and her ranking if she wants to play fed cup, with the two other french woman who makes the final of the YEC.
But let's hope these "competition" with Pierce and Mauresmo will help her to improve and to be more motivated.

TatiAnnahølic
Nov 15th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Tati got a Gold Exempt for next year!!! :woohoo:

Harju.
Nov 16th, 2005, 12:18 PM
I knew that she'd get that Gold Exempt.

:wavey:

nouf
Nov 22nd, 2005, 09:49 AM
lol

:-)

well done tati its good for you this gold exempt!

boffaloraa
Nov 26th, 2005, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone, :wavey:

I wanna tell you all that the url of my website dedicated to Tati is no more http://tatianagolovin.bravehost.com but http://www.tatiana-golovin.net...I wanted to write this in the previous homepage, but now that I have upgraded my status bravenet don't allow me to modify it :( I'm so sorry for this inconvenience but now that I have a domain a not a subdomain things will go definitely better! :bounce: :bounce:

LostGlory
Nov 26th, 2005, 05:35 PM
Tati got a Gold Exempt for next year!!! :woohoo:

I hate to sound stupid but what does that mean...the gold exempt?

yukon145
Nov 26th, 2005, 11:56 PM
I hate to sound stupid but what does that mean...the gold exempt?

well i know it means that the WTA thinks that Tati is a star and popular player, thats why she was given one. i think its usually for top 15 players plus a few wildcards the WTA gives out.

im not 100% sure about this, but i also think it means that the WTA will make Tati play a few certian tournments in 2006 because some tournments have to have so many gold exempt players at them. it also means that Tati will pretty much get a wild card when ever she wants, even if she enters a tournment past the entry deadline.

!!!--Duiz™--!!!
Nov 27th, 2005, 05:53 AM
What is happening to Tatiana? I feel like she is not grasping her hype...

Oural56
Nov 30th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Do you know a city has for name Golovin?
It's in Alaska but it's certainly a paradise! :lol:
http://pix.epodunk.com/locatorMaps/ak/AK_27948.gif

andrewbroad
Dec 5th, 2005, 03:39 PM
^http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/2962/alaskagolovin9zg.jpg (http://imageshack.us/)^

rseto
Dec 7th, 2005, 10:21 PM
that must be a fun village!

also it seems that tati is training with benhabiles this winter instead of the other french players like last year. it should be interesting seeing her game and any improvements next year.

yukon145
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:40 AM
^where did you learn that?

rseto
Dec 8th, 2005, 04:24 AM
there were some posts about it in mary pierce's forum combined with a couple of sentences in the tennis section of www.eurosport.fr. on eurosport, they left out tati and mary in the list of players training.

yukon145
Dec 8th, 2005, 04:53 AM
oh ok. well thanks for the news, hopfully she does well with her new coach.

willrock
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:39 PM
:) I'm soo looking forward to seeing her improvements thanks to Mr Benhabiles :worship:

beauty_is_pink
Dec 8th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I miss the tennis season! :bigcry:

yukon145
Dec 8th, 2005, 02:47 PM
I miss the tennis season! :bigcry:

it already starts up again in like 20 days! :eek::lol: