PDA

View Full Version : The most heartbroken loss this year?

lovlenad
Nov 7th, 2005, 01:35 PM
for me it's RG that Lena lost to LenaL. :sad:

giocab
Nov 7th, 2005, 01:59 PM
i was heartbroken when she lost to pierce in the us open semifinal

JC Federer
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM
It has to be Wimbledon.

The Philly final doesn't compare. That was 3 sets, and she didn't hold match points.

At Wimby she had match points to finish it in straights, and even had a double break lead in the 2nd set at one stage. That was meltdown of the century.

Losing to Schiavone in Moscow is also worth mention. That was straight after beating nemesis, Nastya. A wasted opportunity.

Chunchun
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:11 PM
AO and Wimbledon :sad: :smash: :bigcry: :o

I don't feel much sad in RG, cuz I just didn't have the faith in her throughout the match, I knew she would just LOSE :silly:

Foot's Fingers
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:12 PM
AO lost to Patty

miffedmax
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Anytime you miss a shot at a Grand Slam, it's tough. Lena was playing so well until Pierce pulled that injury crap at the USO. Two straight trips to the USO finals would have been tough for the Lena Haters to swallow.

AO was #2. Lena was so hot (no pun intended) in the early part of the year I really thought she'd make a good run.

Wimby and FO were tough, but I felt runs to the Sweet 16 were actually slighty better than her midseason form, though the choking was bad.

Philly and Pacific (was that the one she lost the final to JHH) were strong tournaments where she played well but lost to two very good champions. Locked up her YEC spot in Philly, too. I'd call it a good tournament.

Dementinator
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:31 PM
you are right max ,as usual ,thinking back ,Philly really isnt a big deal ,now i see it in the cold light of day ,seemd sad cos she was serving for it ,but she didnt have match points or anything ,its just how tennis is ,its why its infuriating and exciting at the same time.Same thing happend to Davenport at USO ,she did have MP too ,but that time Lena won through..

lovlenad
Nov 7th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Pacific (was that the one she lost the final to JHH) were strong tournaments where she played well but lost to two very good champions. Locked up her YEC spot in Philly, too. I'd call it a good tournament.it's family circle cup,Lena lost to Henin in the final.

~~*Elena.D*~~
Nov 7th, 2005, 04:05 PM
AO: Patty def. Lena 6-7 7-6 6-2 :o
RG: LenaL def. Lena 7-6 5-7 7-5 :sad:
Wimbly: Myskina def. Lena 1-6 7-6(9) 7-5 :fiery:
UO: Mary def. Lena 3-6 6-2 6-2 :mad:

~Dementievaitis~
Nov 7th, 2005, 04:06 PM
1. AO, 1st set+2nd set 4-0 and eventually blown away
1 again. Wimbledon, lost to Myskina again, wasted MPs and forgot how to seve it out

2. French Open, serving problem again. In addition, she was finalist last year which I thought she might win this year.

3. Schiavone, Peng, a spainish player named ? and Pzheke (wrong spelling) - only impressions, maybe more. Players who Elena should kill damn easily.

4.last night - a complete blow away. But I won't forget how she managed to be back from 1-4. Can't serve it out? just got used to.

Not in list:
USO, she played well against Lindsay. Apart from cheating, Pierce did play really solid in 2nd & 3rd setand it's not Elena's fault to lose

Fed Cup SF lost to Venus - led 2-0 and would have a must win after that match. There's no way for Elena to fight seriously

Family Circle Cup - clay queen Justine. just a loss to a repectful and better player.

Danči Dementia
Nov 7th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I dont know well but Lena defeat in AO it hurt alot but the one inthe USO it hurt even more because after that she won the first set I already see her in the final kiking sharapova or clijsters ass but then.............................................. ..... everryone kn
knows what hapen

Mathijs
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:17 PM
It's philly for me, followed by Mary demolishing Lena's chances at the USO

iced gem
Nov 7th, 2005, 07:47 PM
US Open - damn Mary's injury timeout!
but yesterday at Philly was heartbreaking as well! Poor Lena!

parn2257
Nov 7th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I think both us open and Philadelphia final.
also I can see that everyone think the same.

cerbero
Nov 8th, 2005, 08:59 AM
C'mon guys this thread is depressing... we don't need this;)

Paco
Nov 8th, 2005, 11:49 AM
1. Wimbly: Myskina def. Lena 1-6 7-6(9) 7-5 (it was so sad - the match was won and lost)
2. UO: Mary def. Lena 3-6 6-2 6-2 (
3. AO: Patty def. Lena 6-7 7-6 6-2 (Big chnce of win but wasted. I didn't see it so it's not so sad for me ;) )

TiK-Tee
Nov 8th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Us Open

doujyr
Nov 8th, 2005, 11:03 PM
u s open

damn you pierce rot in hell :mad: :fiery:

iine:
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Yeah, definetely that Match against Pierce at the US Open. Elena was winning that match before Pierce took this long long long injury break! Elena totally lost her momentum there. It was just unfair tactics by Pierce.>:(

doujyr
Nov 9th, 2005, 01:32 PM
don't forget the cheating at 1-1 3rd set, when elena served an ace and pierce claimed she wasn't ready. elena df'ed and got broken. ok, a top sportsperson should have the mental toughness to deal, but pierce's cheating still makes me mad. destroy her tonight, elena!!!

sandra_c
Nov 9th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I cannot vote coz i dunno what to chose between the USO semi and the Philly final i cried at both :sad:

selyoink
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:40 AM
The US Open semis for sure b/c she had that match won until Mary's antics.

parn2257
Nov 10th, 2005, 03:55 AM
that she juse lose to mary in YEC

Veritas
Nov 10th, 2005, 01:42 PM
Wimbledon was the worst. Up 6-1, 5-1 and even held matchpoints in the 3rd set. Complete and utter meltdown. Obviously Lena's prone to choking once in a while - it's just unfortunate that it comes at the most important time possible :(