PDA

View Full Version : YEC 1 win away

donwalsh
Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
with the quality points Lena would get by beating Peschke or SpecialK, she would get 100 points, 2 points ahead of Venus.

Dementinator
Nov 2nd, 2005, 08:25 PM
lets hope she does ,Vees hoping too ,will save her $125,000 for a no show

Paco
Nov 3rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Yeah, let's hope she can do it

Mathijs
Nov 3rd, 2005, 06:21 PM
well i am with ya guys, Hope she does it too C'mon Lena do it :yeah:

giocab
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:00 PM
i hope she can beat kveta now, if she wasn't so tired it wouldn't be any problem but at this point i don't know, i hope she can win and take the damn spot soon!!!!

LCS
Nov 3rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
Send her to the moon with your powerful forehand...

strato
Nov 4th, 2005, 06:53 AM
To me Lena has failed in trying to qualify for the WTA Championship...
Even if she beats Peschke, she reaches #9 and deserves not to play among the best players this year. :sad:

parn2257
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:48 AM
i know that she can do it

Dementinator
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Even if she beats Peschke, she reaches #9 and deserves not to play among the best players this year. :sad:

well lets hope she doesnt listen to you then ,thats not the attitude to have now is it...

SloKid
Nov 4th, 2005, 12:14 PM
High standards you have as Yoda would say. But Lena is still worthy of playing in the YEC. Have faith in her and she will come through big. :lol:

:bowdown: Elena :worship: Dementieva

LCS
Nov 4th, 2005, 01:21 PM

How dare you..... :fiery: She deserves it because she worked for it...and Venus would also be in it because Justine withdrew..because otherwise the places would be all filled by now...

JC Federer
Nov 4th, 2005, 02:34 PM
It's not her fault that Justine withdrew... however, this does make for an interesting rematch. Peschke was last to beat her. Just a week ago, in fact.

SloKid
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:01 PM
It's not her fault that Justine withdrew... however, this does make for an interesting rematch. Peschke was last to beat her. Just a week ago, in fact.
It was my fault Justine withdrew, I got her put in jail so Lena could play ;)

Seriously now injuries are a part of sports, if/when Lena qualifies for the YEC it will still be a great achievement.

Mathijs
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:16 PM
I really hope Lena can do it, but i am really a bit unsure :(

strato
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:25 PM
:eek: Please don't be mad at me !! ;)
Lena is almost qualified as she leads Kveta 5-1 in the third set... :bounce:
Of course I'm glad that she makes it to LA, but remember that without Justine's decision, we all could not see more of Lena this year. :hearts: :drool:
I just hope now that next year she's in the 8 players and fully deserves her place !! :)

Paco
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:52 PM
So she did it .Well done :woohoo:

donwalsh
Nov 4th, 2005, 08:08 PM
just for you strato,

if lena beats petrova in the semis and mauresmo in the finals, she will get enough points to pass petrova to get to #8.

i agree that she has not had the best year. her best matches were in the fed cup final where she earned 0 ranking points. because of that, i certainly don't think she is "undeserving" of a spot in the YEC. that, plus the "traveshamockery" in the US Open semis.

It is very conceivable that there may be more withdrawals from the YEC due to injury, and that Venus may still play or even Nathalie Dechy. Dechy has had a very solid year, and I feel she would be no less deserving of a spot if she were to get in as a result of injuries to other players.

JC Federer
Nov 5th, 2005, 08:44 AM
just for you strato,

if lena beats petrova in the semis and mauresmo in the finals, she will get enough points to pass petrova to get to #8.

How does that work? Nadia qualified before Lena did. Lena didn't qualify until the SF of this tournament. So if Lena (who at the beginning of this tournament had not yet qualified) can pass Nadia, how did Nadia qualify last week?

SloKid
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:13 AM
How does that work? Nadia qualified before Lena did. Lena didn't qualify until the SF of this tournament. So if Lena (who at the beginning of this tournament had not yet qualified) can pass Nadia, how did Nadia qualify last week?
I think it is because it was clear then that Venus won`t play in Philly and cannot overtake Nadia, so Nadia was assured at least to be #9 (#8 without Justine).

@m@nd@
Nov 5th, 2005, 10:57 AM
:woohoo: lena's season not over yet :D