PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay has withdrawn from Philly

Lindsayfan32
Nov 2nd, 2005, 02:11 AM
Lindsay has withdrawn from Philly with the flu. Hope she gets better in time of YEC next week. It does have the added bonus if that's the right word that the YEC don't start until Wednesday so it gives her extra time to get better.

Here is an article I found.

Davenport, Sharapova withdraw from Advanta Villanova, PA (Sports Network) - American Lindsay Davenport and Russian Maria Sharapova have been forced to withdraw from this week's Advanta Championships.

Davenport, the top seed, is suffering from the flu, but doesn't plan to be out of action very long.

"I am looking forward to getting healthy and defending my year-end No.1 ranking at the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships in Los Angeles next week," said Davenport.

Sharapova, the two seed, suffered a right thumb sprain during off-court training and is also banking on playing next week as well.

"I am concentrating on getting healthy and plan on defending my Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships title next week in Los Angeles," said Sharapova.

Both players had first-round byes for the Advanta Championships.

Both Davenport and Sharapova's next scheduled event is the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships, November 8-13 at the Staples Center.

11/01 16:44:59 ET

Let start sending Lindsay good vibes so she is well enough to play next week.

Andrew..
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:09 AM
You're about four hours too late.

fnuf7
Nov 2nd, 2005, 07:14 PM
Aww, that's a shame but hope she recovers quickly and fully so she can whoop arse at YEC!