PDA

View Full Version : Linz SF: (4)P.Schnyder defeats A.Ivanovic 7-5 6-2

Munchen
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:36 PM
:bowdown: Patty defeats Ana yet again. :cool:

:sad: Ana :sad: Great fighting in the first set. :kiss:

:hug: Another great tournament by Ana :hug:

:devil: Patty :worship: Welldone. Congrats you probably have reached YEC. :hearts: :angel:

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:37 PM
I love you still Ana :kiss:
At least there was a fight ;)

marmite1
Seems like it was an easy win for patty :yeah: hope she takes the title and doesnt let anyone get in the way.

SloKid
Not the best of matches.
Well done Patty, hope the injury is nothing serious. :yeah:
What can I say, better luck next time Ana :shrug:

Munchen
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
I love you still Ana :kiss:
At least there was a fight ;)

Yes, very tough first set. :bounce:

Ana was very close :sad: :sad:

Calliope.
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Anci :sad: Better luck next time :kiss:

©@®eLess
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Ana can't you just read her plan

it's always

Deep serve on the backhand size 15-0
!st serve fault then, deep one in the middle 30-0
then it's normal serve and then she hits a ball to-the-mars-and back and pulls you out of the court
and then you get nervous and make a mistake.

Same serve game everytime Anci!!!!! Can't you just read it!!!!!!!!! Little mind games!!!!

But anyway poor play for my dear Anci. Net play is awful! Kouharsky should resign after this!

blumaroo
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Expected. Nice to see Ana trying to throw in some variety. It kind of worked since she took more games than the previous times. Too bad she made too many errors. She really needs to stabilise her serve more.

cometz9
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Ana :bigcry: still can't figure out how to beat Patty, there'll be other times. Is Linz Ana's last tournament for the year? Congrats to Patty for solidifying her spot at YEC, can't wait to see her play

charmedRic
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Better Luck Next Time Ana. ::hug::

jonny84
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Well done Patty - guess this means that you will make the YEC! What a great year!

fammmmedspin
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Expected. Nice to see Ana trying to throw in some variety. It kind of worked since she took more games than the previous times. Too bad she made too many errors. She really needs to stabilise her serve more.

I thought that too. Most of the time Ana was awful - in miss or whatever do I do now mode- but there were odd games and points where she seemed to be learning to play Patty tennis.

The WTA should offer Patty a lot of money just to hang around another 5 years and act as demonstrator to the new kids on the block - she makes them look silly enough to get the point over that their games are one dimensional and some do learn things.

RenaSlam.
As expected.

Soon enough Ana will turn the tables on the veteran.

iPatty
Patty :worship:. I think she is assured a spit now no matter what. If she wins tomorrow then she will pass Justine and become number 6! Now go Nadia and make my dream final come true.

Ana :sad: A terrible match from both but Patty made less errors.

hablo
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:48 PM
well done Patty !!! :woohoo::bowdown:

Leopold Stotch
well done to ana for reaching another semi.

Bubba08
Ana hadn't much sucess whit Patty :sad:
Congrats Patty, this tier 2 is your :wavey:

SloKid
Patty :worship:. I think she is assured a spit now no matter what. If she wins tomorrow then she will pass Justine and become number 6! Now go Nadia and make my dream final come true.

Ana :sad: A terrible match from both but Patty made less errors.
I hope she doesn`t spit...People don`t like her as it is. ;)
Ugly match, nice win, huh Greg? Now if only Nadia can do it.

vogus
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:50 PM
I'll say it again after watching this match. Ivanovic has got a long long way to go. Vaidosova is a much more complete player right now.

Patty played a pretty good match, good tactics, very stingy with the UEs, and hit the big forehand when she had it. She just makes Ivanovic look so god-awful slow out there.

lauryn
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Ana :(

©@®eLess
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I'll say it again after watching this match. Ivanovic has got a long long way to go. Vaidosova is a much more complete player right now.

Patty played a pretty good match, good tactics, very stingy with the UEs, and hit the big forehand when she had it. She just makes Ivanovic look so god-awful slow out there.

Well if you say that imagine how must: Golovin, Jankovic, Srebotnik, Asagoe and Paszek feel- should they retire instantly?? Vaidisova hrdly plays Tier I and Tier II. Ana rarely plays Tier III or lower, Despite everything both of them didn't beat any in form top player. Ana has a 10% advantage for beating Mauresmo at Rolland Garros- but the rest both beat at-the moment top10 Zvonareva-but she is now ranked bellow them, Ana beat Kuzzy-but she's not playing her best... So in order to know who is better we have to wait the play Davenport or Kim who are at the top of the game!

vutt
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:56 PM
LOL Ana! So even injured Patty was to strong for her!

Congrats Patty!

GoSandrine
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:56 PM
Congrats Patty! :kiss: :banana: :D

Better scoreline from Ana :)

terjw
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Well it was a pretty awful match. A few games in the second set were good but they were few and far between. I'm worried about Patty's wrist though. Will she actually play the final? I don't think she should risk doing serious damage. I'd want her OK for the YEC.

hingis-seles
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Go Patty!

Kimdsay
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Ah, this was not a good match... :(
So many unforced errors from Ana and a few terrible games... :sad:
I mean, she has such a potential, she's really talented, and yet she's not improving lately - when I saw her
in Zurich last year, I was so impressed and I was sure she will end this year in
Top 10! :unsure:
Anyway, I hope she will change something soon, and start playing better! :)

And Patty, hope the wrist will be ok, and that she'll be able to play
her game in the final... With Nadia on the other side of the net! :D

Ceze
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:20 PM
congrats Patty :worship:
good luck for tomorrow ;)

Jackson.
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Patty is on fire!! :bolt:

Leopold Stotch
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Well if you say that imagine how must: Golovin, Jankovic, Srebotnik, Asagoe and Paszek feel- should they retire instantly?? Vaidisova hrdly plays Tier I and Tier II. Ana rarely plays Tier III or lower, Despite everything both of them didn't beat any in form top player. Ana has a 10% advantage for beating Mauresmo at Rolland Garros- but the rest both beat at-the moment top10 Zvonareva-but she is now ranked bellow them, Ana beat Kuzzy-but she's not playing her best... So in order to know who is better we have to wait the play Davenport or Kim who are at the top of the game!

Don't think she'll be too disappointed with her year's work nor her performances in the last few tournaments after coming back from an injury. Started the year around 100 ends it in the top 20. Could have made the masters with better tournament selection and no injury. Ana's heading all the way to the top.

Sadka
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:56 PM
:sad: Ivanovic ..

jfk
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM
No way can anyone base Ana's overall potential on her matches with Patty, who is a very unique and difficult player to match up against when you are just starting out.

If anything, Ana showed that she is starting to figure out Patty's game. Patty's serve was on today in the second set and Ana didn't figure it out. If she had done that or if Patty's serve was a little off, this match would have been 3 sets.

Ivanovic and Vaidisova are about even right now IMO, but Vaidisova hasn't played enough tennis against the elite.

DevilishAttitude
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I only saw the 1st set and to be truthful I can't see Ana ever winning Patty. Patty was terrible and clearly having problems but Ana kept giving it back with stupid errors. She kept moonballing which worked then missed the volley :(

1st set had 9 breaks of serve in 12 games :o

Derek.
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Ana :(

pla
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:18 PM

As much as I like Nicole, Ana is slightly ahaid of her. Did you see the difference in the net skills? That is a clear advantage of Ana, and of course the mentality.

Nice it's almost the end of the season cause otherwise I would miss too much- I'll be very much away for months.

Great tournament for Ana!

Vut
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:34 PM
:sad: Ana

Sevenseas
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Offf, ne yaptın, Ana!?!?!?! :sad: :mad: :sad:

Some horrible match and disappointing performance that was from Ana!!! Too many unforced errors, inaccurate shots near the baseline and the net, no real tactic whatsoever! She was totally lost there in the second set! :eek: Even my belief or forced optimism for Ana can’t help me here. One thing I know for sure is that I can’t bear to watch another frustrating, torturous match from this favorite of mine again! :sad: :mad: :sad:

hablo
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
well it took four matches in order for Ivanovic to beat Mauresmo (H2H is 1-3)...
maybe that's what it will take for her to beat Patty :p:devil:

yukon145
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:20 PM
yes Patty!

LefandePatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
well it took four matches in order for Ivanovic to beat Mauresmo (H2H is 1-3)...
maybe that's what it will take for her to beat Patty :p:devil:

Patty is 4-0 against Ana ;)

hablo
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM
I guess the wta is slow in updating ;)
cause I checked before posting :p
then it will take a fifth match for Ana then :haha::devil:

cerbero
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Ivanovic is still learning, i think next year she may become a much more serious threat

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:32 PM
CONGRATS PATTY! :worship: :bounce:

Natasha250688
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:56 PM

Lol Patty is to Ana what Ana is to Tatiana :lol:

Irish
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Ana :banghead: :sad:

Corswandt
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:31 PM
Ivanovic played shite on the final games of the first set and particularly on the first games of the second. Some terrific shots troughout, but overall a trainwreck.

If she wants the big $$$$ and magazine covers, she must put some work into becoming more consistent.

Schnyder amazing footwork and agility as ever. Some laughably bad shots due to her stupid injury.