PDA

View Full Version : Who do you think will not win a match in the YEC

Rub
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:01 AM
the above choices are the most probable to go there... venus is not playing phil so i picked up elena to get in...

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:09 AM
Amelie and Justine.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Momo has lost her last two three matches in two sets. The last 4 were complete thrashings, so she's my choice. :sad:

Plus, she can't stand.

Chunchun
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:14 AM
Aveitnemed Anele :o

RenaSlam.
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Patty.

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Justine because she's injured.

kabuki
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Justine cuz shes not going. Probly

PaulieM
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:00 AM
sadly i think it could happen to amelie, the way she's been playing lately :o

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:40 AM
How did 9 people vote for Patty when she is one of the most in-form players on tour? Hantuchova had 2 MPs against Linds and Patty just beat Dani 6-2, 6-1 :o. At least Patty will make the YEC, unlike Serena :rolleyes:

auntie janie
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Justine, because I doubt she will show up. But if she is pressured into showing up by the WTA, I believe she will be grumpy and tetchy and will lose badly right away.

Am looking forward to seeing you next year, Justine. Be happy! :kiss:

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Elena Dementieva:

bis2806E.Dementieva, jfk, Rub, strawberry.babou

:haha:

azmad_88
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:51 AM
Patty was picked simply because shes been playing like a train all this while..
no rest too...
she was a finalist in zurich..most probably a finalist here...then again she is going to philly....
if she didnt play too well in those tourny is different..
the fact she played the full week...she could be facign fatigue....

marmite1
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:53 AM
Maria.S

clonesheep
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:56 AM
Justine will be a no show. She hates competing at the end of the year when it's time to rest and prepare for the next season. She qualified for YEC last year but chose not to play and ended up being fined a big amount of money (some say $120,000). She will probably do the same this year.

Amelie, according to herself, has already run out of gas. She will probably show up but retire soon after.

Serena might not show up but choose to stay home to rest and prepare for AO 2006.

Dementieva, if qualified, will do lousy as she used to in previous YECs.

I say these 4 will not win a match.

FaceyFacem
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:56 AM
i think no one, i think there is a good chance that the worst is 1-2 for any given person...but if i have to choose i pick amelie

Brooks.
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:06 AM
well patty and dementieva both better hope they are in the same group b/c that would mean at least one of them could win a match :tape: :lol:

Brooks.
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:08 AM
How did 9 people vote for Patty when she is one of the most in-form players on tour? Hantuchova had 2 MPs against Linds and Patty just beat Dani 6-2, 6-1 :o. At least Patty will make the YEC, unlike Serena :rolleyes:

Australian Open champ > tier 3 queen....got it? :)

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:17 AM
Australian Open champ > tier 3 queen....got it? :)

I know right! Is it a requirement for a Peng fan to be a dumbfuck? :retard:

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:19 AM
I know right! Is it a requirement for a Peng fan to be a dumbfuck? :retard:
:smash: :rolleyes:

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:20 AM
:smash: :rolleyes:

LOL I just wanted to see how fast I could get you in here. :angel:

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:23 AM
LOL I just wanted to see how fast I could get you in here. :angel:

Nice save 'attempt' :smash: :mad:

LefandePatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:42 AM
Mauresmo

Rub
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:51 AM
and kim has no votes yet... these voters are honest! :devil:

Bubba08
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I hope I am wrong but I think LenaD :sad:

TomTennis
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:36 AM
well i wanted to vote for both patty and elenad, but it went to elenad, but if she plays they way she did against clijsters in filderstadt then she might have a chance.

crazillo
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Patty.. She's the worst player out of them. She needed like 8 events more than the others to qualify and has hardly had any reeeeally big wins. Except for Sharapova.

terjw
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:44 AM
well patty and dementieva both better hope they are in the same group b/c that would mean at least one of them could win a match :tape: :lol:
How is it decided which group the players go in?

Dementinator
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
i will go for patty ,as shes here my sheer number of tournaments ,she IS ver consistant ,but has hardky beaten ANY top players ,except a sluggish Maria on clay ,and Lena D once this year , Lenas beaten her 3 times tho since then.

Elena possibly too as her history at YEC is not good at all ,although shes the only one to have been here 5 times in a row ,possibly 6 soon.

Majeka
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:00 PM
I don't have a clue. We'll see what's going to happen.

Greenout
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I don't have a clue. We'll see what's going to happen.

Not too sure if JHH is going to L.A; but I'd bet she'll win one at least against PATTY if it kills her. :p

And if she doesn't than.... JHH will have Carlos kill Patty.

DragonFlame
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:05 PM
justine because she's not going, if she's going she will win a match though. :)

Greenout
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:07 PM
justine because she's not going, if she's going she will win a match though. :)

Who told you she's not going? I haven't a clue! Maybe Pierre-Yves needs a new part for his formula-1 car, and a spare $200,000 under the IKEA sofa can help. Besides- she doesn't need his bitching and whining. :tape:

Dexter
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Maria :tape:

Greenout
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Maria :tape:

No. She'll play Patty too! :tape:

Smackie
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:40 PM
I would say Patty. She is the less threatening player among the eight quoted. I am sure the other 7 elites would think the same.

Seriously, how many big wins has she bagged this year???? I honestly don't know but not a lot I'd say.

Can someone give H2H against the other 7?

LefandePatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Patty.. She's the worst player out of them. She needed like 8 events more than the others to qualify and has hardly had any reeeeally big wins. Except for Sharapova.

Yeah for you, Petrova would deserve more this spot... :tape:
sure, she played so much better :o :help:
Which top players did she beat ? Mauresmo maybe? ( :tape: ). she has always the easiest draws, that's why she reaches 1/4 in tournaments.

That's ok. Patty will shock you all in LA. :)

iPatty
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Yeah for you, Petrova would deserve more this spot... :tape:
sure, she played so much better :o :help:
Which top players did she beat ? Mauresmo maybe? ( :tape: ). she has always the easiest draws, that's why she reaches 1/4 in tournaments.

That's ok. Patty will shock you all in LA. :)

:bowdown: (Except for the Petrova part :mad: ;) :p)

borisy
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Justine will be a no show. She hates competing at the end of the year when it's time to rest and prepare for the next season. She qualified for YEC last year but chose not to play and ended up being fined a big amount of money (some say $120,000). She will probably do the same this year.

Amelie, according to herself, has already run out of gas. She will probably show up but retire soon after.

Serena might not show up but choose to stay home to rest and prepare for AO 2006.

Dementieva, if qualified, will do lousy as she used to in previous YECs.

I say these 4 will not win a match.

Noone invited her anyway :lol: :lol: :lol:

FoxyliciousKhat
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM
This is my first time posting here. I wish Venus would have qualified as she's my favorite WTA player along with Serena, Lindsay, Kim, Elena and Myskina, but not playing Philly means her chances are dim unless Justine pulls out.

To answer the question I think Patty and Petrova (if she makes it should could by winning her first WTA tournament tomorrow move to #8). However, I think all this playing will take its toll on them. Patty has already played 24 tournament and Petrova 22. MoMo could win a match or two but that's about it. She's already claiming to be tired but is still playing Philly although she's already qualified. Dementieva also might struggle as she's played a lot of tennis and is also citing fatigue but it yep you got it right playing Philly.

Justine on the other hand only problem right now to me is confidence, if she does decide to play I can;t really say what will happen.

Kim is clearly the favourite here, with Lindsay and Sharapova. If Kim win this she's well on her way to the 2005 WTA player of the year.

Foxy

cometz9
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:27 PM
This is my first time posting here. I wish Venus would have qualified as she's my favorite WTA player along with Serena, Lindsay, Kim, Elena and Myskina, but not playing Philly means her chances are dim unless Justine pulls out.

To answer the question I think Patty and Petrova (if she makes it should could by winning her first WTA tournament tomorrow move to #8). However, I think all this playing will take its toll on them. Patty has already played 24 tournament and Petrova 22. MoMo could win a match or two but that's about it. She's already claiming to be tired but is still playing Philly although she's already qualified. Dementieva also might struggle as she's played a lot of tennis and is also citing fatigue but it yep you got it right playing Philly.

Justine on the other hand only problem right now to me is confidence, if she does decide to play I can;t really say what will happen.

Kim is clearly the favourite here, with Lindsay and Sharapova. If Kim win this she's well on her way to the 2005 WTA player of the year.

Foxy

Welcome aboard :wavey:

cometz9
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:33 PM
I would say Nadia if she qualifies, she has a losing records to all these players
0-4 Kimmie
0-6 Lindsay
1-7 Justine
1-3 Momo
2-4 Patty
0-3 Maria
she does have a 6-3 h2h vs. Lena D :eek: and is 2-2 against Pierce which could change now that Mary is playing much better

FoxyliciousKhat
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Thanks Cometz9

Foxy

crazillo
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:18 PM

Foxy

Very nice post. Welcome from me, too. :wavey:

Rub
Oct 30th, 2005, 12:47 AM
and patty leads the votes... maybe you guys know she would have an injury! :devil: