J. Jankovic (8) vs. T. Panova
M. Washington vs. M. Shaughnessy
I. Benesova vs. A. Sugiyama
A. Mauresmo (3) vs. BYE

N. Vaidosova (7) vs. Qualifier
K. Koukalova vs. A. Rolle (WC)
S. Stosur vs. L. Raymond
M. Sharapova (2) vs. BYE
Not the best of draws, you have possibly Vera in the second round, although she is struggling lately, but then it could be Peschke :scared: or of course Patty...

parn2257
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:36 PM
what! so elena will be play at Advanta!!!

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:43 PM
well to be honest ,its the kind of draw i would expect ,theres a lot of good players here ,so it cant possibly be easy,but if Elenas ok now ,she can make semis, but if of course shes burned out ,well may not get anywheres ,but its worth a shot.

She shouldnt push herself too hard ,not worth it ,just be steady ,try and serve well and things will be fine.

giocab
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:21 PM
good luck lena!! i hope you'll do great here!!!

itzhak
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:25 PM
In the situation right now, The race is between Lena, Venus and Nadia. Lena must do 1/2 final to pass Venus and hope that Nadia won't get more points than her. The draw is not bad at all. I assume that Nadia won't pass Lindsay, so if Lena will get the 1/2, she will be no. 8 in the race and that meaning- LA, here we come...

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:29 PM
and its really looking like theres gonna be two withdrawals ,so i think the chances of going to L.A are pretty high

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Doing semis Elena will pass to Venus (defends 68 points QF Philly 04 ) or maybe winning her first match . Who knows ?

Ranking
Venus 2695
Elena 2595

Porsche Race
Venus 2628
Elena 2528

Mathijs
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Well well, again Patty in the QF?, darn that's the the 100th time this year, but okay let's hope on some great things...

We'll take the 2nd round first, bye isn't that hard to beat in the first round, she can use that to practice a little.....
both players are easy to beat so i can see no probs here, only hope for one very great tournament by Lena!!...

evinrude15
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:38 PM
so finally it's philadelphia ;) well hope a good tournament and not too tired for it

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Not the best of draws, you have possibly Vera in the second round, although she is struggling lately, but then it could be Peschke :scared: or of course Patty...

At her best, Lena can beat anyone in the world. Anyone.

Isn't that why we're all here?

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Don't mind my previous post; it was addressed rather at myself and my defeatism.

JLDementieva
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:14 AM
I think right now for Elena is how bad she wants to be in the YEC. If you really wants to qualify, then I'm quite confident she'll do well here, if not, who knows...

Dementirilenko
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Good Luck Lena!!! The draw isn't that easy, but I think its ok.

Paco
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:18 PM
Good luck Lena.
In my opinion draw isn't bad. MAybe it's not great

evinrude15
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
so for the race.....what happen if Justine and Venus say that they will not play????? did Elena will play it ???

Corswandt
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:34 PM
so for the race.....what happen if Justine and Venus say that they will not play????? did Elena will play it ???

They will be replaced with Nadia and Lena. But Nadia is likely to overtake Lena on the rankings even if she doesn't win the Linz final tomorrow.

itzhak
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:34 PM
Somehow I don't see Lena in YEC...She now must do 1/2 or even final to have real chance..

SloKid
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:57 AM
The draw just got a bit easier as Patty withdrew from Philly to rest for the YEC after her wrist injury in Linz.

Paco
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:43 AM
The draw just got a bit easier as Patty withdrew from Philly to rest for the YEC after her wrist injury in Linz.
well, maybe it an be more serius and she will not play also in YEC :p

SloKid
Oct 30th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Don`t count on it, she is playing in the Linz finals today. She is just resting and not wanting to risk anything...

JC Federer
Oct 31st, 2005, 08:54 AM
Didn't Vera Z beat her recently?

Dementinator
Oct 31st, 2005, 09:07 AM
beat who, Elena? if thats who you mean then no ,they only played once in the 4th rnd of USO '04 ,where Elena lost first set (nothing new there) before going on to murder Vera in the next two (nothing new there either)..

I f u mean Patty ,then not sure ,maybes ,Pattys good ,but her record with top players is atrocious ,she has been riding on easy draws lately.

SloKid
Oct 31st, 2005, 01:36 PM
Thank god that Lena is not playing doubles in Philly.

Corswandt
Oct 31st, 2005, 02:22 PM
Pattys good ,but [...]she has been riding on easy draws lately.

Totally. At Zürich, I had to wonder - is this just astonishing luck, or corruption?

SloKid
Nov 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Good luck against Bachmann today Lena.
You should have no problems in winning this one, I hope... :yeah:

Mathijs
Nov 2nd, 2005, 04:49 PM
Best of Luck against Bachmann today Lena, i know you can do it, so just do it :bounce:

SloKid
Nov 5th, 2005, 07:07 PM
Lena is through to the final :woohoo:
Nadia won`t play due to injury

giocab
Nov 5th, 2005, 08:55 PM
she going to the final rested, that's good, that way she can easy kick amelie or nicole's ass

SloKid
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Lena will play an exhibition against Mashona instead. How :retard:ed is that? Why can`t she rest for tommorow...

doujyr
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:48 PM
Lena will play an exhibition against Mashona instead. How :retard:ed is that? Why can`t she rest for tommorow...

you're kidding me???

SloKid
Nov 5th, 2005, 09:59 PM
No, and it is on live stream, so you can watch it...

SloKid
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:05 PM
Who is getting excited...Me, me, me :bounce: :crazy:

Job's tears
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:16 PM
ME TOO :)

donwalsh
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Why would resting necessarily be better than getting a little work in? I would think that there would be no forcing anyone to play, but having Nadia withdraw just before the match after you had worked out earlier and geared up for the match, to then just put your rackets in your bag may not necessarily be good anyway. Even with no match, players probably sub another workout, so they exhibition probably made no difference to Lena and a big difference to fans.

Paco
Nov 6th, 2005, 02:44 PM
ME TOO :)
And me :D

Mathijs
Nov 6th, 2005, 03:49 PM
I second that!

okay SS show the excitement from the front to the back 1..2..3.. here we go *SS Jumping up and down and making extremely high waves...*