PDA

View Full Version : The Seles Incident

baico
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Does anyone has the Seles incident on his computer? and could upload it?

yukon145
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
why the hell would you want to watch someone get physicaly hurt like that?

Dexter
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:01 PM
why the hell would you want to watch someone get physicaly hurt like that?You never know how pathetic people can be :tape: :rolleyes:

SloKid
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:09 PM
That is just sick dude!

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Why is that sick?? It's no different than anyone watching on the news.

Nicjac
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Well, if you really want to watch that *sighs* just type it into Google and the video turns up.

I was there BTW, and I wish I could get the images out of my head - 12 years later.

Darop.
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Why is that sick?

It was an important moment in tennis and as Knizzle said it's not different than watching it on the news :confused:

SloKid
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Sorry, but I grow up cheering for Monika and that was cruel then and is still now :sad:

Darop.
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:17 PM
i can't find it even on google :confused:

jfk
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:25 PM
On the news, they don't show actual stabbings. Watching Seles get stabbed is very different. It's similar to how people wanted to watch the beheadings of kidnapped Americans and others that happened in Iraq.

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:32 PM
On the news, they don't show actual stabbings. Watching Seles get stabbed is very different. It's similar to how people wanted to watch the beheadings of kidnapped Americans and others that happened in Iraq.

If it was caught on video they would. They show people getting shot if they catch it on film.

R&J
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:36 PM
When we get to 1993 in our mini series, we will do a clip on the horrible attack :(

Martian Willow
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:55 PM
If it was caught on video they would. They show people getting shot if they catch it on film.

Can you post some? I'd love to see!!!!!!!

Jakub
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:56 PM
there are pictures available on one of Monica`s site from that attack :sad:

patricio
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:58 PM
When we get to 1993 in our mini series, we will do a clip on the horrible attack :(
thank you Ronny (or James)
I think that blocking that out of our minds or off Monica's career is just being stupid. Dont censor bad things, lets pay attention ... dont be fools

SelesFan70
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:19 PM
Maybe the poster has never seen what happened...a man stabs Monica in public in front of thousands of people then walks away later thanks to the German legal system.

baico
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:23 PM
you are right SelesFan70, i never saw it, only couple of pictures

i want to see it(not see monica suffering :() because it changed women tennis in many ways ...

Calimero377
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Well, if you really want to watch that *sighs* just type it into Google and the video turns up.

I was there BTW, and I wish I could get the images out of my head - 12 years later.

I was there as well.

But I only heard Seles scream. And then we all saw the blood stain on her shirt and how she sat down in the middle of the court. Did you watch more? Were you a witness for the police or the D.A.?

Calimero377
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:38 PM

I have watched the Zapruder film many times. They show it on TV again and again and again.

Calimero377
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Maybe the poster has never seen what happened...a man stabs Monica in public in front of thousands of people then walks away later thanks to the German legal system.

That from a U.S. poster!

Do we want to discuss the U.S. legal system, Dumbo?

marmite1
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:43 PM
That from a U.S. poster!

Do we want to discuss the U.S. legal system, Dumbo?

All legal systems have their faults; however, the U.S. legal system is laughable sometimes :lol: (but not when people are executed).

Kart
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:58 PM

i want to see it(not see monica suffering :() because it changed women tennis in many ways ...

Don't be ridiculous.

Grachka
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:00 PM

:o :tape:

Nicjac
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:11 PM
I was there as well.

But I only heard Seles scream. And then we all saw the blood stain on her shirt and how she sat down in the middle of the court. Did you watch more? Were you a witness for the police or the D.A.?

No, I wasn't an official witness. I was someone working on that tournament and had a break - so I watched that match.

I remember him coming down, then looking some other way. Suddenly I saw her (Monica) move on court holding her back. It was terrifying and I wish - till today - I could stop that. Then - everything stopped by itself.

We were questioned, I made my proposition, but as I didn't see the initial attack I couldn't give - or enable - further evidence.

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:47 PM
I was there as well.

I apologize to everyone in this thread, but............:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Nicjac
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I apologize to everyone in this thread, but............:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:

Somehow I do believe that you cannot comprehend what happened in1993.

Well, I wish I couldn't.

Bubba08
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Bad things happen everydays, we don't need to remember those kinds of tragedies to feel poeple 's pain :rolleyes:

Dana Marcy
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:02 PM
Does anyone has the Seles incident on his computer? and could upload it?

Incident? Try TRAGEDY.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:05 PM
I was there as well.

Oh, my god. :scared:

R&J
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:54 PM
who really is Calimero377 ? :eek:

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:07 AM

Either hes a liar - or :scared:

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:19 AM
All legal systems have their faults; however, the U.S. legal system is laughable sometimes :lol: (but not when people are executed).

Actually I read in a U.S. legal magazine (yes!) that the attacker probably would have got a suspended term in the U.S. as well. In another Western European country almost certainly. As a lawyer I simply HATE it when people who don't know SHIT about the Seles case make those dumb remarks.

Brooks.
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:19 AM

oh he's posted the actual ticket stub from the match on here before...he kept it :tape: :scared:

Pureracket
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Cali,
As delusional as you are and as much time as you spend on this thread, you REALLY expect us to believe that you're a lawyer?

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:21 AM

I destroyed all evidence linking me to GŁnther ....

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:23 AM
oh he's posted the actual ticket stub from the match on here before...he kept it :tape: :scared:

:unsure:

Knizzle
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:23 AM

No comment.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:24 AM
Somehow I do believe that you cannot comprehend what happened in1993.

Well, I wish I couldn't.

For Knizzle it is only a joke. The Stabbing is instrumental only to denigrate Graf.

For everyone who has heard Seles' scream that day live it is indeed something different...

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:24 AM

Someone who takes security in hiding behind a computer :wavey:

Stamp Paid
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:27 AM
For Knizzle it is only a joke. The Stabbing is instrumental only to denigrate Graf.

For everyone who has heard Seles' scream that day live it is indeed something different...

HE'S MAKING IT A GRAF THREAD! DONT LET HIM!

Knizzle
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:29 AM

What do I need to denigrate Steffi for, you were there, you always act like Seles was being a big baby after the stabbing and you have the nerve to say I think it's a joke?? You're psycho over Steffi just like the person who stabbed her.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:30 AM

The perennial kick in your ass.

You remind me of the folks who make a living by telling conspiracy theories about the Kennedy assassination and who are mocking a great president with that.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:37 AM

I collect tickets of sports events. The one from the Citizen Cup 93 quarter finals on April 30 is indeed a collector's item. Some people even say that this day "changed tennis history". I don't agree with them though.

Pureracket
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:40 AM
She was playing against one of the Maleeva Sisters, right? I remember coming home to watch the news, and I just remember poor Monica in anguish.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:48 AM
What do I need to denigrate Steffi for, you were there, you always act like Seles was being a big baby after the stabbing and you have the nerve to say I think it's a joke?? You're psycho over Steffi just like the person who stabbed her.

At first I was devastated because of the incident. In Germany, a German attacker, everything because of Steffi.

Later I heard why the IMG propaganda machine and Seles' lawyer made of this "incident". I noticed that Seles didn't reveal her medical files to the German court. I heard of dozens of death threats against Steffi from Seles "fans". I read what Karoly Seles said about Steffi. I heard the Seles camp lie about Steffi not trying to contact Seles after The Stabbing. I read what Seles said about Steffi in her book "From Fear to Victory". I read what Karoly Seles said about the Graf tax affair.

After that I went gaga when Steffi beat Monica 3 times in front of her U.S. home crowd (USO 95, USO 96, YEC 98). Only Hingis FO 99 was better ...
:)

guyinsf
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:57 AM
The most fucked up thing about that is that the stabber got like no jail time at all or very little. Very fucked up and I don't blame Monica for boycotting all the German tournaments after that.

R&J
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:54 AM
The perennial kick in your ass.

You remind me of the folks who make a living by telling conspiracy theories about the Kennedy assassination and who are mocking a great president with that.

You are such a freak :lol:

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:06 AM
The most fucked up thing about that is that the stabber got like no jail time at all or very little. Very fucked up and I don't blame Monica for boycotting all the German tournaments after that.

Exactly....

April 1993

Gunther Parche, a jealous German fan of #2 Steffi Graf, stabbed teenage phenom and women's #1 Monica Seles in the back with a knife when Seles had won 10 of the last 12 biggest events -- and 11 of the last 14 biggest events -- in women's tennis between 1990 and 1993.

9 months later ...

January 1994

A month before the XVII Winter Olympics were to begin in Lillehammer, Norway in February 1994, Tonya Harding's ex-husband, Jeff Gillooly, clubbed fellow female figure skater Nancy Kerrigan in the knee. In the end Nancy Kerrigan went on to win the silver medal, behind Oksana Baiul of the Ukraine. Tonya Harding finished 8th and was banned from the world of figure skating by the U.S. Figure Skating Association (USFSA) a few years later.

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:18 AM

Very True indeed. :yeah:

TomTennis
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:22 AM
well im not sick but i want to see it in a way. i just want to know what happened.

OMG Nicjac and Calimero...you guys were THERE! I know that you guys couldnt have dont, but i would have LOVED to punch that guy in the face!!!! soooo much. i swear if i saw him on that day being dragged out by the police i would have kicked and batted him silly. And im not that big a Seles fan!

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:55 AM

What led Gunther and Cali to violently attack Monica in the back with a sharp knife? There has to be a strong motive for them to specifically pick Monica among the hundreds of girls playing on the women's tour at that time.

Why was Monica the target of the assasination attempt by these two obsessive jealous nationalist German fans? What was really so SPECIAL about her?

HERE's why.....

-------------------- MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS

#1 SELES WON-----------------------------#2 GRAF WON

1990-- WTA Tour Championships
1991-- Australian Open
1991-- French Open
------------------------------------------------ 1991 Wimbledon
1991-- U.S. Open
1991-- WTA Tour Championships
1992-- Australian Open
1992-- French Open
------------------------------------------------- 1992 Wimbledon
1992-- U.S. Open
1992-- WTA Tour Championships
1993-- Australian Open

polishprodigy
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:06 AM
I didn't know until reading Maleeva's interview, that she was Seles' opponent on that frightening day.

I saw Monica in Toronto, she is so well loved by our city and country. It was great to see her happy :)

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:08 AM
What led Gunther and Cali to violently attack Monica in the back with a sharp knife? There has to be a strong motive for them to specifically pick Monica among the hundreds of girls playing on the women's tour at that time. Why was Monica the target of the assasination attempt by these two obsessive jealous nationalist German fans?

HERE's why.....

-------------------- MAJOR CHAMPIONSHIPS

#1 SELES WON-----------------------------#2 GRAF WON

1990-- WTA Tour Championships
1991-- Australian Open
1991-- French Open
------------------------------------------------ 1991 Wimbledon
1991-- U.S. Open
1991-- WTA Tour Championships
1992-- Australian Open
1992-- French Open
------------------------------------------------- 1992 Wimbledon
1992-- U.S. Open
1992-- WTA Tour Championships
1993-- Australian Open

Graf made only 2 of those 10 finals Seles won.
Post-Stabbing Graf made 14 of 17 finals in major tourneys she played. And won 13 of them.
Graf is 5-2 H2H in finals EVEN when Seles was#1.

Go figure ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:10 AM
I didn't know until reading Maleeva's interview, that she was Seles' opponent on that frightening day.

I saw Monica in Toronto, she is so well loved by our city and country. It was great to see her happy :)

Did she play an exhibition there?
How big was the crowd?
8,000 or so?
Did they broadcast the entire match on national TV?

Just asking ....

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:21 AM
Post-Stabbing Graf made 14 of 17 finals in major tourneys she played. And won 13 of them.
Graf is 5-2 H2H in finals EVEN when Seles was#1.

Go figure ...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Are you referring to the German combo wins over Monica? :lol:

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:34 AM
Cali,
As delusional as you are and as much time as you spend on this thread, you REALLY expect us to believe that you're a lawyer?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:56 AM

:yeah:

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Calimero, shut your mouthhole. thanks.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Calimero, shut your mouthhole. thanks.

"Monica's going to milk this sucker dry. Tennis is just a stepping-stone. Her real goal is being a star."
(Mary Carillo, on the Seles stabbing, August 1993)

:wavey:

ampers&
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:10 AM
:speakles: :unsure:

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:11 AM
"Monica's going to milk this sucker dry. Tennis is just a stepping-stone. Her real goal is being a star."
(Mary Carillo, on the Seles stabbing, August 1993)

:wavey:

1999 Roland Garros,

Chris Evert: "[Monica] then really got cheated out of a lot of Grand Slams. She was really dominating women's tennis, dominating Steffi Graf. As I said before, she won seven out of eight Grand Slams and then got stabbed and was out for 27 months. Her assailant got his wish, that Steffi Graf be Number One, and sure enough, Steffi regained the Number One position when Monica was out of the game. So he got his wish."

Dick Enberg: "Who knows how many titles she would own had she remained in full health?"

Chris Evert: "Well, a lot more than nine Grand Slams, I'll tell you that. That's so not fair, when you look at Steffi's 21 (22) and Monica's nine, it's very unbalanced, and it shouldn't be."

:lol:

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:12 AM
:speakles: :unsure:

Do you think I should throw it away .... ?

ampers&
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Do you think I should throw it away .... ?
No, no, no, no, no...
If I were you, I would totally keep it.:D :yeah:
No....don't throw it away.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:19 AM
1999 Roland Garros,

Chris Evert: "[Monica] then really got cheated out of a lot of Grand Slams. She was really dominating women's tennis, dominating Steffi Graf. As I said before, she won seven out of eight Grand Slams and then got stabbed and was out for 27 months. Her assailant got his wish, that Steffi Graf be Number One, and sure enough, Steffi regained the Number One position when Monica was out of the game. So he got his wish."

Dick Enberg: "Who knows how many titles she would own had she remained in full health?"

Chris Evert: "Well, a lot more than nine Grand Slams, I'll tell you that. That's so not fair, when you look at Steffi's 21 (22) and Monica's nine, it's very unbalanced, and it shouldn't be."

Chrissie said that on U.S. TV (she was paid by them). Of course she knows what U.S. tennis fans want to her about her countrywoman M. Seles.

What Chris really thinks when no-one pays her you can see in my avatar.

Evert knows that Seles had no chance against Graf on grass and on U.S. hardcourts. And that Graf played far better at AO 94 than at AO 93 (look at the results in earlier rounds in both years). So maybe FO? There we have to consider that Graf has a 90 % and Seles only a 85 % winning percentage on clay. OK, MAYBE one FO for Seles at the expense of Graf (93 or 95).

And Evert of course knows how Graf's success was reduced by the 1990/92 Graf blackmail scandal that derail Steffi a lot in those years. She said that on TV. German TV ....

Geisha
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:05 PM

I know. I'd like to watch it, too. Obviously, I don't want to see anybody get stabbed, but I would like to see the atmosphere, crowd, etc.

Geisha
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Chrissie said that on U.S. TV (she was paid by them). Of course she knows what U.S. tennis fans want to her about her countrywoman M. Seles.

What Chris really thinks when no-one pays her you can see in my avatar.

Evert knows that Seles had no chance against Graf on grass and on U.S. hardcourts. And that Graf played far better at AO 94 than at AO 93 (look at the results in earlier rounds in both years). So maybe FO? There we have to consider that Graf has a 90 % and Seles only a 85 % winning percentage on clay. OK, MAYBE one FO for Seles at the expense of Graf (93 or 95).

And Evert of course knows how Graf's success was reduced by the 1990/92 Graf blackmail scandal that derail Steffi a lot in those years. She said that on TV. German TV ....

You can't say stuff like that. It doesn't really prove anything. If anything, it almost proves that Graf wasn't stressed at the 94 AO, because Seles wasn't there. She knew that Arantxa, Sabatini, and Martinez would be her biggest threats. Who knows? Maybe she played a moonballer than was hitting to her backhand all the time in 93. The year later, she plays someone who hits 40 MPH serves. It is all about draws, especially when it comes to scorelines. This is a fact. Seles won more Majors and Year-End Championships titles from 1990 - stabbing. She was the better player, even if she wasn't leading in their Head-to-Heads from that point.

Geisha
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:13 PM
1999 Roland Garros,

She is stating the facts. We just don't know. I'll tell you one thing- Hingis would not have dominated 1997 had Graf and Seles been healthy. Their injuries both treated them out of a lot of Grand Slams, but it was Seles who was attacked. It wasn't like she quit the game for 27 months because of an injured knee. She was stabbed. Does anybody know was that feels like? Does anybody know the emotions that goes with something of that nature? No. Nobody does.

Geisha
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I collect tickets of sports events. The one from the Citizen Cup 93 quarter finals on April 30 is indeed a collector's item. Some people even say that this day "changed tennis history". I don't agree with them though.

It did change tennis history. HELLO! WAKEY WAKEY! Let's stab Venus at the 2000 US Open SF, just before she plays Hingis. Lindsay and Martina win their fourth or sixth Slams. That is changing history.

Billy Moonshine
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:48 PM
I will not lose my time replying to his obvious, dull and pathetic barkings, to his absurd attempts to discredit Seles... I do have a life to live, does he? :wavey: :wavey: :wavey:

Pretty long post for someone who claims to have a life!

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM

Ma'am, t's HISTORY....the more you argue, the more psychotic you sound...... :tape:

In the end, everyone will remember one thing......Monica was number one, Graf* number two, and the stabbing by a JEALOUS Graf fan changed that...... :lol:

tennislover
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:23 PM
Why is that sick?

It was an important moment in tennis and as Knizzle said it's not different than watching it on the news :confused:

I agree

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:57 PM
It did change tennis history. HELLO! WAKEY WAKEY! Let's stab Venus at the 2000 US Open SF, just before she plays Hingis. Lindsay and Martina win their fourth or sixth Slams. That is changing history.

Let's stab Graf in December 1996.
Serena in August 2003.
Venus in October 2001.
Hingis in March 1999.
Austin in October 1981.
Sabatini in May 1991.
Davenport in February 2000.
Pierce in February 1995.
ASV in November 1994.
Capriati in December 1991.
Chang in summer 1989.
Wilander in December 1988.
McEnroe in October 1984.
Roddick in October 2003.

Or Seles in May 1993.

Calimero377
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Ma'am, t's HISTORY....the more you argue, the more psychotic you sound...... :tape:

In the end, everyone will remember one thing......Monica was number one, Graf* number two, and the stabbing by a JEALOUS Graf fan changed that...... :lol:

No.
Graf winning FO 93 did it.

tennis aus
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:16 PM
No.
Graf winning FO 93 did it.

Nope Ma'am, the stabbing of the higher ranked player by a VERY jealous fan of the lower ranked player DID it. And EVERYBODY knows it. :lol: