PDA

View Full Version : Venus put herself in a...

SerenaSlam
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
sticky situation....Personally I think she just needs to announce that she is done for the year. She doesn't want to play the YEC but she doesn't have the "attitude" of lil sis b/c we know Serena regardless will w/drawl in a second no questions if ands or buts. But Venus on the other hand makes it this big ordeal for all of us, and i honeslty think she doesn't want 2 play the YEC so she is trying her best to "not qualify" instead of having 2 go through the "w/drawl" phase..... What yall think?

jonny84
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Interesting point of view - I suppose if she doesn't qualify - she won't get fined as well. Anyhow if she doesn't qualify she surely will have to be an alternate.

Bankhead Bounce
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:29 PM
sticky situation....Personally I think she just needs to announce that she is done for the year. She doesn't want to play the YEC but she doesn't have the "attitude" of lil sis b/c we know Serena regardless will w/drawl in a second no questions if ands or buts. But Venus on the other hand makes it this big ordeal for all of us, and i honeslty think she doesn't want 2 play the YEC so she is trying her best to "not qualify" instead of having 2 go through the "w/drawl" phase..... What yall think?

On point! :rocker: Many of the WS fans are calling it like that but it's all good. :cool:

venus_rulez
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Or it could be that the two are different in that Serena wants the attention and wants everyone to know what she's doing, Venus could give a shit about that, hence why she might make "such a big ordeal" about this.

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Or it could be that the two are different in that Serena wants the attention and wants everyone to know what she's doing, Venus could give a shit about that, hence why she might make "such a big ordeal" about this.

:rolleyes:

kaki
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:37 PM
2 differents persons,and so 2 different behaviours.However,I agree with the fact that it looks like she "doesn't want" to qualify.Good for her if she thinks she needs to stop now in order to fully rest and come back strong next year.

bellascarlett
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM
that's exactly what i thought...that she'd rather wait for people like petrova and dementieva to overtake her in the rankings (which is most likely to happen given that they are playing philly). This way she would be spared of having to officially withdraw. Well, if she really does not feel like playing YEC, it is a good plan because as I said, the Russians seem to be really hungry to get to the championships and as of now seem destined to be there. I mean it could also be that Venus knows she wont make it far enough in Philly with her injury - that's if she is still badly injured - and thus could still be overtaken by either Russian. So I think she's making a wise decision - just having a wait and see attitude.

K-Dog
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
I personally think that Venus doesn't want to be worn out by the time her McDonald's Tour (something very close to her heart) starts and I think that she doesn't want to be injured during in it like when Serena was last year. The YEC has never meant that much to Venus anyway. The only time u could tell it meant something to her was in 2002 when she had to withdraw against Kim in the semis and she cried because I think she wanted to win that tournament because she had lost all those major finals that year.

Ay
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Goodness, what awfully ignorant and limited statements most of you are making! Tennis players provide entertainment for observers such as our selves. Apart from doing that, they also have personal lives. These 2 are mutually exclusive. When Venus does not play because of an injury, someone has to say that it is an excuse. If she plays with the injury someone will say that she is stupid. Do you understand my point? What it all comes down to is that if a player feels that they are better served, physically or otherwise, fans should be able to comprehend. Perhaps there are other factors which know not of. Speculation is just simply foolish!

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:22 PM
or to put it another way ,players play for THEM not us ,if they wanna play great if not ,its their decision not ours. if Vee isnt that interested in playing ,well she knows what shes doing, no one better than her knows that ,we can only speculate..

SerenaSlam
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:36 PM
Goodness, what awfully ignorant and limited statements most of you are making! Tennis players provide entertainment for observers such as our selves. Apart from doing that, they also have personal lives. These 2 are mutually exclusive. When Venus does not play because of an injury, someone has to say that it is an excuse. If she plays with the injury someone will say that she is stupid. Do you understand my point? What it all comes down to is that if a player feels that they are better served, physically or otherwise, fans should be able to comprehend. Perhaps there are other factors which know not of. Speculation is just simply foolish!
i never said it was an excuse...my whole points is that venus wants to physically get to that 100% point and she is not there right now and prob has planned that her year as well is over like serena's, but the fact that she makes it an "ordeal" where as serena will just come out and let ya know straight up....

TomTennis
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:18 AM
mmm. i think she is genuingly injured...and perhaps wants to give it one last go at the YEC for 2005. I think she is injured and just wants to see what happens.

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:23 AM

:worship:

azmad_88
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:26 AM
well...she might not be the alternate as well..because petrova is doing well in linz...petrova could go up and dementieva could go up next week,,

Billy Moonshine
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:17 AM
but the fact that she makes it an "ordeal" where as serena will just come out and let ya know straight up....

Venus isnt making it an ordeal, you are!

Rocketta
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:41 AM

:worship: :worship:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:02 AM
Oh Venus! http://btmusic.org:2710/images/smilies/domina.gif Get to those YEC! http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_24.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414CGAU)

marmite1
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:05 AM
Oh Venus! http://btmusic.org:2710/images/smilies/domina.gif Get to those YEC! http://smileys.******************/cat/10/10_1_24.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414CGAU)
:lol:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I'm highly disappointed that Venus chose to take the rest of the year off without informing her fans first, but like she says...."it is what it is". See ya in 2006 Vee :wavey:

TYnis
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
Venus will be at the Championships! Don't worry. I know. :)!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Venus will be at the Championships! Don't worry. I know. :)!

Don't get your hopes up, I'm done getting my hopes up for this year. Just keeping it real.

davidmario
Oct 29th, 2005, 03:48 PM
come on vee. seeing you at the YEC would be so fantastic.

njnetswill
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:06 PM
I know the Williams don't care about rankings....but if you give Schnyder and/or Petrova the chance to rack up points both Williams could be seeded out of the top 8 at AO.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:11 PM
I know the Williams don't care about rankings....but if you give Schnyder and/or Petrova the chance to rack up points both Williams could be seeded out of the top 8 at AO.

That actually might be a good thing, if they're both seeded out of the top 8. Maybe they won't be in the same 16 yet again.

SerenaSlam
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:24 PM
That actually might be a good thing, if they're both seeded out of the top 8. Maybe they won't be in the same 16 yet again.
i was going 2 say the same thing....but also the fact that like u said rankings don't bother them they bother the players b/c they want them ranked high so they don't have to worry about them early on.

i don't think venus is going 2 go and i don't want her 2 go....she should rest up for Mickey Dz tour and AO

Paneru
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:40 PM

Just what I've been saying! :cool:

And the only one's making a "big ordeal"
about things is people around here who
need to get the hell over it!

Besides, why in the hell would she feel
the need to announce anything!

Venus already said her injury is better and it
was just a matter of fitness and being ready
for Philly. She was optimistic but obviously
she didn't feel in the right condition.

And besides that, she'll still atleast be an
alternate and most likely be in LA anyway.

Just a case of people have little to fill their time with
and acting as if Venus owe's them something!

Venus never asked them to be shit to her and therefore
owe's them nothing. And the door is there and don't let
it hit ya' in the ass on the way out! :wavey:

Don't like it,
I really don't give
a damn right now!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:49 PM
Just what I've been saying! :cool:

And the only one's making a "big ordeal"
about things is people around here who
need to get the hell over it!

Besides, why in the hell would she feel
the need to announce anything!

Venus already said her injury is better and it
was just a matter of fitness and being ready
for Philly. She was optimistic but obviously
she didn't feel in the right condition.

And besides that, she'll still atleast be an
alternate and most likely be in LA anyway.

Just a case of people have little to fill their time with
and acting as if Venus owe's them something!

Venus never asked them to be shit to her and therefore
owe's them nothing. And the door is there and don't let
it hit ya' in the ass on the way out! :wavey:

Don't like it,
I really don't give
a damn right now!

I think some of us are just reading deeper into knowing that Venus wasn't planning on playing at all for the rest of the year. We know Vee's patterns...we're not hating on her for it. Just slightly disappointed.