PDA

View Full Version : Will Nancy Loeffler-Caro (or other Bagel Girls) be in Quebec City

pierce0415
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:48 PM
Nancy played in the qualifying draw in 2001 and 2003 but was not accepted in 2002 (and won her first round match against Karen Fodera 61 62 :tape: )and 2004. If the pattern holds, then she should be there again this year :D.

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM
I hope so. :D

Elizabeth Freeman-Young wasn't committed. :(

raquel
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Nancy's in the qualie draw :D

She plays a wildcard Alizee Paradis in 1R.

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:37 AM
Nancy's in the qualie draw :D

She plays a wildcard Alizee Paradis in 1R.

The girl who lost to Lizzy? :speakles:

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Go Nancy!

raquel
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:40 AM
The girl who lost to Lizzy? :speakles:
Yes. Alizee's lost her last two matches 6-0, 6-0 so Nancy's not gonna be the only Bagel girl in that match. Nancy could win a match again :D

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:44 AM
Nancy winning a match :bolt:

Can someone explain to me:

If Nancy can get directly in the qualies draw, why is there a need for WC in the qualies draw? Isn't Nancy one of the lowest ranked players on the WTA tour? Also does this mean that anyone w/ some tennis skill can be in the Quebec City qualies draw?

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:44 AM
http://img497.imageshack.us/img497/6083/help7cw.gif

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Are my reading this correctly? An 18 year old Canadian junior lost to a 50 year old 62 63 :tape: ? Is this the best juniors Canada has to offer :p

Oneofakind0490
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:45 AM
Alizee is young. i feel bad that shes lost to Elizabeth:tape:

Wiggly
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:46 AM

If Nancy can get directly in the qualies draw, why is there a need for WC in the qualies draw? Isn't Nancy one of the lowest ranked players on the WTA tour? Also does this mean that anyone w/ some tennis skill can be in the Quebec City qualies draw?

Yes :tape: WC could have be give to anyone on the planet because they are all unranked and 2 others players and the draw who don't have WC are unranked :tape:

Wiggly
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Are my reading this correctly? An 18 year old Canadian junior lost to a 50 year old 62 63 :tape: ? Is this the best juniors Canada has to offer :p

No, Tetreault is good. Now Wozniak is on Pro Circuit and she destroy everything :)

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:47 AM

yes they had unranked players, so anyone could have said i want to play and got in. They have WC's beacuse the tourny has 4 wc's to hand out. Even if they are not needed.

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:49 AM
No, Tetreault is good. Now Wozniak is on Pro Circuit and she destroy everything :)

but still

the fact that one of the top 10 Canadian juniors lost meekly to a 50 Year Old Bagel Girl :rolleyes:

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:50 AM
yes they had unranked players, so anyone could have said i want to play and got in. They have WC's beacuse the tourny has 4 wc's to hand out. Even if they are not needed.

:o Can a female poster on this board make a case for getting into Quebec qualies next year then :confused:

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:51 AM
but still

the fact that one of the top 10 Canadian juniors lost meekly to a 50 Year Old Bagel Girl :rolleyes:

who said alizee was in the top 10 juniors :lol:
she got in coz shes from quebec and wanted to play. There are alot better players then her, but none of them wanted to play.

pierce0415
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:52 AM
who said alizee was in the top 10 juniors :lol:
she got in coz shes from quebec and wanted to play. There are alot better players then her, but none of them wanted to play.

Why not? Quebec is their only chance to get into a WTA tour event outside of Tier I Montreal / Toronto?

Don't they want as much WTA tour experience as possible rather than challenger and satallite experience?

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:52 AM
:o Can a female poster on this board make a case for getting into Quebec qualies next year then :confused:

um probably not, next qualies will most likely look better, yec will be in europe meaning all the americans not involved in it will stay in north america and play quebec most likley.

tennisIlove09
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:54 AM
um probably not, next qualies will most likely look better, yec will be in europe meaning all the americans not involved in it will stay in north america and play quebec most likley.

ARe you going this year Shaun?

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:55 AM
Why not? Quebec is their only chance to get into a WTA tour event outside of Tier I Montreal / Toronto?

Don't they want as much WTA tour experience as possible rather than challenger and satallite experience?
well i think sharon ran out of events, both ekats were no shows, don't know were chantal beetham is. A lot of canadian players don;t show for this event unless you are from quebec or in directly, because typically quali wcs will go to quebec girls. No one new that this would happen

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:55 AM
ARe you going this year Shaun?
yup, my bus leaves at 6 am tomorrow :lol:

GoDominique
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:02 AM

Nancy is unranked but she still has ranking points. So after all ranked players have been put into the draw and there are still spots left, these go to the players with no ranking but ranking points.

Pengwin
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM
I bet Nancy's match will be packed :lol:

auntie janie
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:03 AM

Yes, but didn't they take the wild cards from Québec only, rather than from all of Canada? I think the nation of Canada has some better players than these, no offense to these ladies. :cool:

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:06 AM
Yes, but didn't they take the wild cards from Québec only, rather than from all of Canada? I think the nation of Canada has some better players than these, no offense to these ladies. :cool:
well yes, but i think another thing which i was told, that if you didn't commit to the event you wern't going to get a wc no matter what. But yes the quali wc's usually go to quebec girls. We usually just have 4 quebec wcs who are good enough to get them, not random players ive never heard of.

auntie janie
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Ah, thanks, ~Canuck~.

Here is what the tournament site says about the wild card choices:

"De par la vocation du Challenge Bell qui est de participer au développement du tennis féminin, quatre laissez-passer ont été octroyés pour accéder au tournoi. Cette année, quatre Québécoises viendront combler ces places très convoitées. Ce sont Valérie Tétreault et Jillian O’Neill, de même que deux joueuses de la région, Marie-Pier Huet et Alizée Paradis."

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:12 AM
Ah, thanks, ~Canuck~.

Here is what the tournament site says about the wild card choices:

"De par la vocation du Challenge Bell qui est de participer au développement du tennis féminin, quatre laissez-passer ont été octroyés pour accéder au tournoi. Cette année, quatre Québécoises viendront combler ces places très convoitées. Ce sont Valérie Tétreault et Jillian O’Neill, de même que deux joueuses de la région, Marie-Pier Huet et Alizée Paradis."

thats who were suppost to get them :lol:
but most of them got in on there own, so they gave it to no names to fill the spots at the end is my guess.

auntie janie
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:23 AM
thats who were suppost to get them :lol:
but most of them got in on there own, so they gave it to no names to fill the spots at the end is my guess.

:lol: Well I hope they have fun. I hope they can win some points, if not any games! :eek:

~CANUCK~
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:24 AM
:lol: Well I hope they have fun. I hope they can win some points, if not any games! :eek:
exactly, its a thrill of a life time for them. Im sure they will enjoy it no matter what