PDA

View Full Version : Who here thinks Amelie is too good than what her acheivements say?

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:41 AM
i would just love to see amelie win a slam. i think she's too talented not to get at least 1. if only she could get her mental game together, i really think she's gonna be one of the best. she has a very good game... until she crumbles...

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:42 AM
i dont think shes that great she cant beat the big names like Clijsters, Davenport, Williams Sisters and you have to to win a slam.

Drimal
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:46 AM
I prefer 17 titles to a Grand Slam! :devil: :lol:

thelittlestelf
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I do!

tennisrox
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I think she's far more talented than her achievements.She should have won at least one slam by now.

Bubba08
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:50 AM
She has so much talents, she deserves to win at least a slam :D

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM
what talent does she have shes got a pretty good backhand but that is about it i dont see anything else in her game that is that great.

Ceze
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:53 AM
I do ;)

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Talented she is, but it takes more than talent to win Grand Slam tournaments. It takes a little luck and a lot of mental fortitude.

Amelie is only as good as her record and tournaments won indicate.

suzie
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Count me in! :lol:

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:07 AM
She's a great player:D :worship: @ those 17 titles:)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:08 AM
i still think she aint nothing special and i really doubt she will ever win a slam but proove me wrong.

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:15 AM
i still think she aint nothing special and i really doubt she will ever win a slam but proove me wrong.

:yeah: hope she could prove you wrong... and me too... because i doubt she could ever win now...

crazyroberto6767
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:07 PM
what talent does she have shes got a pretty good backhand but that is about it i dont see anything else in her game that is that great.
:rolleyes: You only have to go back to Wimby to see she is supremely talented. Lately her game, and especially her forehand, have been off. If not for Martina in 99 and not her best match, she really could have won the AO. She overpowered Lindsay in the semis, it seems like so long ago that she was more powerful than the top players. Even with her current form, which is clearly not the best of her career, she could win Wimby. Of course, the big question remains, is she mental tough enough? I truly think she is, but she needs to give herself some chance in a final.

borisy
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:22 PM
I do!

marmite1
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I think we would all want to see amelie win a slam :)

Supersolly
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Isnt that a double negative? So you think she is something special then, lol :D

I think shes too talented to not have won one. I also think if she sorts out her inner demons and nerves, she'll get one!

Ambrosia
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:45 PM
i would just love to see amelie win a slam. i think she's too talented not to get at least 1. if only she could get her mental game together, i really think she's gonna be one of the best. she has a very good game... until she crumbles...

I think nearly everyone agrees with you. Momo's time will come! :)

Sonja
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:38 PM
i dont think shes that great she cant beat the big names like Clijsters, Davenport, Williams Sisters and you have to to win a slam.

She has beaten all of the above so she CAN do it. I recognize that she doesn't have a winning record against them, but who does? They're great players! My point is, she does have the ability. ;)

MinnyGophers
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:56 PM
like someone said if you go back to Wimby where she probably performs the best under pressure, you wouldnt be able to say that she can't beat the likes of Serena or Davenport ( she did beat Venus this year at the finals in Antwerp) because she clearly was able to go toe to toe with them until her nerves/injuries caught up to her.
I would say that she is probably the most unluckiest top player because she shoud have won one by now, if it werent for the string of injuries that have been afflicting her, and more if she wasnt to mentally fragile in big moments. So what if she has a losing head to head against the top of the top players? In a slam, she wont be facing them all one after the other.
So yeah, I believe Amelie is way too good not to have won at least one, but i truely she still has a lot of time to achieve that.

PaulieM
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:08 PM
her results definitely don't reflect her talent. and she definitely has the game to win a slam, and it's sad that she hasn't.

timafi
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:11 PM
She's a great player:D :worship: @ those 17 titles:)
yeah what about her silver medal?
seems everybody keeps on forgetting that? :confused: :confused:

lloyders76
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:25 PM
olympics barely had a tier1 field and whe was mauled in the final against a player totally lacking in match play

i'm a real fan of her game, she's one of the few to play with guile but 4 semis in nearly 7 yrs and at the age of 25 probably says it all for her chances of a GS win

if anything her main achievement flatters her, reaching no 1 with only one slam semi appearance in the previous 12 mths can only be attributed to injuries to other players and her consistency on the tour, which can only be applauded of course

hablo
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:31 PM
yes, much more talented than what her accomplishments reflect !!!!

I hope she wins a slam before she retires.

Supersolly
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:32 PM
25 and past it? Lol, thats funny. What about Mary Pierce? she was hardly on the radar last year, and this season shes been storming through. She got to the US open final at 30! Whos to say Ame cant do the same, but go one step further and win it?

stenen
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:57 PM
yes, much more talented than what her accomplishments reflect !!!!

I hope she wins a slam before she retires.

I agree!

Salut! :wavey:

LeRoy.
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I think so too ....but i just hope that she wins at least ONE GS in her career.(if that one could be RG then it would be great) :yeah:

Jem
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:40 PM
I enjoy watching her play, but I think her game's a bit overrated. I've never bought into the idea that she would win a slam some day. Given the way today's game goes, though, it wouldn't totally surprise me. I would never have picked Myskina to win a slam neither, or even Dementieva to reach a final. As to why I say her game is overrated, there seems to be a lot of hiccups in it -- she's subject to some breakdowns. And let's not even talk about her mental fragility. I remember when she played Serena in the Wimbledon semifinal a couple of years ago and played almost as well as she could. And she still lost. To me, that's her in a nutshell. Good player, but not good enough to go all the way at a grand slam.

LindsayRulez
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:49 PM
I dunno...of course she is a great talent, but I don't feel she's good enough to win a slam :(

Dana Marcy
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I enjoy watching her play, but I think her game's a bit overrated. I've never bought into the idea that she would win a slam some day. Given the way today's game goes, though, it wouldn't totally surprise me. I would never have picked Myskina to win a slam neither, or even Dementieva to reach a final. As to why I say her game is overrated, there seems to be a lot of hiccups in it -- she's subject to some breakdowns. And let's not even talk about her mental fragility. I remember when she played Serena in the Wimbledon semifinal a couple of years ago and played almost as well as she could. And she still lost. To me, that's her in a nutshell. Good player, but not good enough to go all the way at a grand slam.

I disagree. Momo's problems IMO are all mental. Her game is fine, she has lots of variety. When she isn't injured, she covers the court very well. I think the Slam will come though I don't see her winning more than two.

Kart
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Amelie :hearts: doesn't need a grand slam win to vindicate an already fantastic career.

nemesi
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Her best strategy is moving forward and playing volleys. So if she find the right state of mind, the first slam could be Wimbledon.
And if she try to do something about her forehand and leaving the insane attitude to camp 5 feet behind the baseline......she could win everything.

kiwifan
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Not to pile on but those of us old enough to remember back in that Aussie O when Lindsay and Chucky were in awe of her...

...you would have thought she had at least 2 Slams in her future.

If she never wins a Slam she will be remembered as an underachiever. :shrug:

*JR*
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Not to pile on but those of us old enough to remember back in that Aussie O when Lindsay and Chucky were in awe of her...

...you would have thought she had at least 2 Slams in her future.

If she never wins a Slam she will be remembered as an underachiever. :shrug:
Like Drew Bledsoe, I guess. (Who finally started giving away games with INT's for Dallas last weekend). :p Anyhow, Martina II was a trash talker worthy of the NBA, so you can't take her seriously with that stuff. (Plus, she won their final "12-5").

MinnyGophers
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Like Drew Bledsoe, I guess. (Who finally started giving away games with INT's for Dallas last weekend). :p Anyhow, Martina II was a trash talker worthy of the NBA, so you can't take her seriously with that stuff. (Plus, she won their final "12-5").

but Momo trashed her the next time they played.

Volcana
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:26 PM
"You are what your record says you are." - Bill Parcells

*JR*
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:06 PM
but Momo trashed her the next time they played.
Someday the Momosapiens here will accept a simple tennis reality: Slams are different than anything else. :rolleyes:

morningglory
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:08 PM
Amelie has a nice clay game and great athleticism... shame the claycourt slam is played in her home country... and the pressure drives her nuts... otherwise, she'd won a clay slam by now...

Volcana
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Amelie has a nice clay game and great athleticism... shame the claycourt slam is played in her home country... and the pressure drives her nuts... otherwise, she'd won a clay slam by now...Following that up, look at her record at RG in the past five years (since she injured her back and started changing her game, and her training), vs the other slams

2005 ROLAND GARROS.. R32 IVANOVIC...... L 6-4 3-6 6-4
2004 ROLAND GARROS.. QTR DEMENTIEVA.... L 6-4 6-3
2003 ROLAND GARROS.. QTR SERENA........ L 6-1 6-2
2002 ROLAND GARROS.. R16 SUAREZ........ L 6-2 2-6 6-4
2001 ROLAND GARROS.. 128 KANDARR....... L 7-5 7-5

2001 AUSTRALIAN OPEN R16 VENUS......... L 6-2 3-6 6-3
2001 WIMBLEDON...... R32 TANASUGARN.... L 6-4 6-4
2001 US OPEN........ QTR CAPRIATI...... L 6-3 6-4
2002 AUSTRALIAN OPEN QTR CAPRIATI...... L 6-2 6-2
2002 WIMBLEDON...... SMI SERENA........ L 6-2 6-1
2002 US OPEN........ SMI VENUS......... L 6-3 5-7 6-4
2003 US OPEN........ QTR CLIJSTERS..... L 6-1 6-4

2004 AUSTRALIAN OPEN QTR ZULUAGA....... L W/O
2004 WIMBLEDON...... SMI SERENA........ L 6-7 7-5 6-4
2004 US OPEN........ QTR DEMENTIEVA.... L 4-6 6-4 7-6
2005 AUSTRALIAN OPEN QTR SERENA........ L 6-2 6-2
2005 WIMBLEDON...... SMI DAVENPORT..... L 6-7 7-6 6-4
2005 US OPEN........ QTR PIERCE........ L 6-4 6-1

The difference is stark. Away from RG, 10 of her 12 slam losses in the last five years were to multi-GS winners. At RG, 4 of her 5 losses were to non-GS winners.

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:45 PM
:wavey:

MinnyGophers
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Someday the Momosapiens here will accept a simple tennis reality: Slams are different than anything else. :rolleyes:

oh and maybe someday you will learn to read.
where did i say they were different????

azmad_88
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:48 AM
she was close to winning those matches outside RG as well

Against serena wimbledon semi 2004
Against davenport wimbledon semi 2005\
Against Dementieva us open quarters 2004

she still showed sign of nerves..
i still dont understand why she is nervous sometimes...
especially to players that she know she can beat...

SS6888
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I'm personally not a huge fan, but I hope she wins at least one slam in her career, she really deserves it, just can't choke when it matters most!

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 29th, 2005, 06:47 AM
I definitely don’t think MoMo is more talented than what her achievements indicate, I feel she’s equal with her accomplishments. She’s won a nice amount of tournaments and she’s done relatively well in the slams. I don’t see Mauresmo as a multiple slam winner, or in the league of her generation’s tennis superstars. Her combined H2H against JCap, JuJu, Serena, Vee, Maria, Clijsters, and Lindsay isn’t even .500 (50%). If we separated the players into tiers Mauresmo would be the top person in the tier below the other players mentioned. I’m not saying she doesn’t have the talent to win a slam, she may very well win one. I also should add that I love to watch her play. She is very capable on the courts and on her better days she can make it competitive with every player on tour. She will secure wins against the games best if she plays them enough because she’s a great player. I just don’t think she is better than what she’s achieved.

I do still feel that Kim's game is worthy of a couple more slams. In my eyes Kim is better than her achievements...and I say this knowing all that she's already achieved.

Kart
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:43 AM

Perhaps, but not from you :yawn:.

hablo
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I definitely don’t think MoMo is more talented than what her achievements indicate, I feel she’s equal with her accomplishments. She’s won a nice amount of tournaments and she’s done relatively well in the slams. I don’t see Mauresmo as a multiple slam winner, or in the league of her generation’s tennis superstars. Her combined H2H against JCap, JuJu, Serena, Vee, Maria, Clijsters, and Lindsay isn’t even .500 (50%). If we separated the players into tiers Mauresmo would be the top person in the tier below the other players mentioned. I’m not saying she doesn’t have the talent to win a slam, she may very well win one. I also should add that I love to watch her play. She is very capable on the courts and on her better days she can make it competitive with every player on tour. She will secure wins against the games best if she plays them enough because she’s a great player. I just don’t think she is better than what she’s achieved.

I do still feel that Kim's game is worthy of a couple more slams. In my eyes Kim is better than her achievements...and I say this knowing all that she's already achieved.
I don't get the point of that part . Why would you combine the H2H of all those players ?? :lol:
her H2H vs Capriati is 7-4!
why did you include Maria in it too!! they've only played once and H2H is 1-0
and her H2H against Juju is 3-4
ok, her H2H versus the others is pretty bad though :bolt::o

*JR*
Oct 29th, 2005, 10:59 PM
oh and maybe someday you will learn to read.
where did i say they were different????Its you who should learn to read, I'm afraid. (Indeed you didn't say that Slams are different; I did, you moron). :silly:

Amelie :hearts: doesn't need a grand slam win to vindicate an already fantastic career.Rose colored glasses, anyone? :lol:

I prefer 17 titles to a Grand Slam! :devil: :lol: In the open era, nobody wins only Slams. :smash:

You Momosapiens are as hopeless as the Annaholics. :ras:

LUIS9
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:03 PM
she was close to winning those matches outside RG as well

Against serena wimbledon semi 2004
Against davenport wimbledon semi 2005\
Against Dementieva us open quarters 2004

she still showed sign of nerves..
i still dont understand why she is nervous sometimes...
especially to players that she know she can beat...

Yes those two wimbledon matches show precisely what a great game she has, especially her volley game. She had both Serena and Davenport rattled there until the match got to a crucial stage, and then she saw that winning was well within her grasp and a chance to get to another slam final.:( :sad:

Rub
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:44 PM

you're a kim fan of course! :devil::wavey:

Kart
Oct 30th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Rose colored glasses, anyone? :lol:

Coming from you ?

:haha: :haha: :haha:

It's 'rose tinted' BTW.

MinnyGophers
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Its you who should learn to read, I'm afraid. (Indeed you didn't say that Slams are different; I did, you moron). :silly:

Rose colored glasses, anyone? :lol:

In the open era, nobody wins only Slams. :smash:

good then maybe you can live us alone and go jerk off somewhere else.

LesViolettes
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Judging by her game and past results, yes, Amélie should have a slam by now. Coulda shoulda woulda eh? Things don't always go the way they should on paper.

marmite1
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Judging by her game and past results, yes, Amélie should have a slam by now. Coulda shoulda woulda eh? Things don't always go the way they should on paper.

Thats life.

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 01:50 AM
yet you love us :haha:

*JR*
Oct 30th, 2005, 11:56 AM
yet you love us :haha:
In fact, some of you I do. (Joui, Griff, and yourself being prime examples). :angel: Other I find tiresome in terms of their abject lack of humor (Minny, Sonja, and Kart for instance). :yawn:

Kart
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:07 PM
In order to find humour in something, it has to actually be humourous, not mind-numbing and repetitively dull.

stenen
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:46 PM
In fact, some of you I do. (Joui, Griff, and yourself being prime examples). :angel: Other I find tiresome in terms of their abject lack of humor (Minny, Sonja, and Kart for instance). :yawn:

At first I thought you were funny but as Kart puts it your humour has become mind-numbing and repetitively dull.

creep
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:49 PM

I thought she was the best? Wasn't she world number one?

I think she had the talent to win a few slams, she really missed an opportunity at Wimbledon when Maria won the title that year. Do I think she can win a slam? No. Will she prove me wrong? Probably.

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:51 PM
she really missed an opportunity at Wimbledon when Maria won the title that year.
I agree.

creep
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:55 PM
I agree.

You should retract this immediately. Agreeing with me doesn’t help your board reputation at all. ;)

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 03:57 PM
You should retract this immediately. Agreeing with me doesn’t help your board reputation at all. ;)
Too late! :p

*JR*
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM
At first I thought you were funny but as Kart puts it your humour has become mind-numbing and repetitively dull.
OK, lack of humor isn't the correct phrase. Being thin-skinned is. Certain players (active, or in one case, retired) who've underperformed compared to expectations have cult-like followings here. (Momo is clearly one of them). So when their cheerleaders turn the "spin cycle" on in GM, I like to point out the truth. Then said self-enslaved devotees of the player act like I called their own mothers a bad word or something. :rolleyes:

creep
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:26 PM
OK, lack of humor isn't the correct phrase. Being thin-skinned is. Certain players (active, or in one case, retired) who've underperformed compared to expectations have cult-like followings here. (Momo is clearly one of them). So when their cheerleaders turn the "spin cycle" on in GM, I like to point out the truth. Then said self-enslaved devotees of the player act like I called their own mothers a bad word or something. :rolleyes:

Do you talk like you type, very fast? :)

stenen
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:30 PM

I don't consider Momo having a cult like following on this particular board. Maybe on her fan board but not here. :rolleyes:

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:34 PM
I don't consider Momo having a cult like following on this particular board. Maybe on her fan board but not here. :rolleyes:
me neither.
I mean it's hard to even have a long thread going about her on gm.

*JR*
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:43 PM
me neither.
I mean it's hard to even have a long thread going about her on gm.Uh, in numerical order (recently)

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=198511

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=199832

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=199834

http://www.wtaworld.com/showthread.php?t=200023

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Uh, in numerical order (recently)

what? so many ! :eek:

stenen
Oct 30th, 2005, 04:50 PM

I suppose you and I have a difference definions of what cult is? Those threads don't show anything special I wouldn't find in other players' threads.

Shenanigans
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:06 PM

Amélie has a fan base like Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine etc have a fan base there is nothing cult about it, it has absolutely nothing do with her "underperforming" alot of her fans have been fans since 1999 when it looked like she would have won a slam by now, other fans she has picked up along the way cause they like her game and like her personality, I don't think people support her cause they feel sorry for her.

Supersolly
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Amélie has a fan base like Serena, Venus, Kim, Justine etc have a fan base there is nothing cult about it, it has absolutely nothing do with her "underperforming" alot of her fans have been fans since 1999 when it looked like she would have won a slam by now, other fans she has picked up along the way cause they like her game and like her personality, I don't think people support her cause they feel sorry for her.

I agree, Im a relatively new fan of Momo, from like the beginning of the year, although ive thought she was a great player for a lot longer. I dont feel sorry for her, but I believe, she has the right attitude towards sport. People should look up to her a lot more, the type of person she is, I think thats why people support her so much, they can see shes a nice person as well as an amazing athlete and doesnt need to slag off her opponents! She seems to have a very strong character, a lesser person could and probably would have been totally destroyed by the comments shes had to endure on her coming out, and the Martina and Lindsay comments! She also, on her day has the most amazing game to watch. Thats just my opinion though, and im sure a lot of people disagree.

suzie
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:25 PM

And you're probably the main responsable for the "cult" since you're the one making the threads get longer and longer by posting the same in each and every one. You're turning too predictable in your statements, stop repeting yourself.

Kart
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:42 PM
So when their cheerleaders turn the "spin cycle" on in GM, I like to point out the truth.

No, you like being a killjoy.

<!Society!>
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:53 PM
hahaha for a start mauresmo hasnt beaten Lindsay davenport in 5 years, how can she be a worthy, talented player if in 7/8 encounters shes failed to win one. shes poor

<!Society!>
Oct 30th, 2005, 05:57 PM
check her stats against the top players, clijsters leads h2h 8-2, davenport leads 11-3, serena leads 9-1 and venus leads 5-3. shes poor

stenen
Oct 30th, 2005, 07:26 PM
check her stats against the top players, clijsters leads h2h 8-2, davenport leads 11-3, serena leads 9-1 and venus leads 5-3. shes poor

Once again selective choices of players.
Of current top 10 players you didn't mention.

Sharapova, Mauresmo leads 1-0
JHH, JHH leads 4-3
Pierce, Mauresmo leads 4-3
Venus, Venus leads 5-3
Dementieva, Mauresmo leads 6-4
Schnyder, Mauresmo leads 10-5
Petrova. Mauresmo leads 3-1

hablo
Oct 30th, 2005, 07:47 PM
Once again selective choices of players.Of current top 10 players you didn't mention.

Sharapova, Mauresmo leads 1-0
JHH, JHH leads 4-3
Pierce, Mauresmo leads 4-3
Venus, Venus leads 5-3
Dementieva, Mauresmo leads 6-4
Schnyder, Mauresmo leads 10-5
Petrova. Mauresmo leads 3-1

:bowdown:

*JR*
Oct 30th, 2005, 08:55 PM
No, you like being a killjoy.
Only when the "facts in full context" bears that out. For example, I've never bashed Venus, Serena, Justine, Sharky, Sveta, Linzi, Kim (for her game, as opposed to the old "Elke wildcard racket") just to pick some @ random. And JHH is the only one of the bunch I'm a real "fan" of.

But when a fanbase takes a player who's been a force on the tour for 8 years now, averaging just ova 2 titles a season, with her only Slam final due for its 7th anniversary next Jan. and a jerk like you calls that a "great career", sure I'll be a killjoy. Especially when she's had the same coach for almost 4 years and is petrified of, OMG, change. :rolleyes:

The excuses the "Momosapiens" make are quite stale now; you folks treat the fact that she has mental meltdowns in Slams like it was some kind unfair burden put on her, not a sign of failure. And "the pressure of her coming out" is a bunch of crap. The French Fans embraced her, and the great Martina I :worship: had "carried that cross" and ovacome it B4 Momo ever turned pro.
:bs:

flyingmachine
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:10 PM
25 and past it? Lol, thats funny. What about Mary Pierce? she was hardly on the radar last year, and this season shes been storming through. She got to the US open final at 30! Whos to say Ame cant do the same, but go one step further and win it?
I agree. :worship:

stenen
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Especially when she's had the same coach for almost 4 years and is petrified of, OMG, change. :rolleyes:

I suppose math is not your strongest subject. She has had the same coach 3 years 5 months and 3 weeks.
However I do think she needs a new coach because it's a relatively common thing that after 2˝-3 years things tend stagnate.

The excuses the "Momosapiens" make are quite stale now; you folks treat the fact that she has mental meltdowns in Slams like it was some kind unfair burden put on her, not a sign of failure. And "the pressure of her coming out" is a bunch of crap. The French Fans embraced her, and the great Martina I :worship: had "carried that cross" and ovacome it B4 Momo ever turned pro.

The only person who put some pressure on her to come out was her gf back then. The pressure she might have felt about her coming out became afterwards when the press were having a number of field days about it. For young person who's lived all her life relatively protected, a reaction like that can be quite overwhelming. But did it cause her problems or pressures that would have affected her tennis all these year, hardly.

MinnyGophers
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:47 AM
Only when the "facts in full context" bears that out. For example, I've never bashed Venus, Serena, Justine, Sharky, Sveta, Linzi, Kim (for her game, as opposed to the old "Elke wildcard racket") just to pick some @ random. And JHH is the only one of the bunch I'm a real "fan" of.

But when a fanbase takes a player who's been a force on the tour for 8 years now, averaging just ova 2 titles a season, with her only Slam final due for its 7th anniversary next Jan. and a jerk like you calls that a "great career", sure I'll be a killjoy. Especially when she's had the same coach for almost 4 years and is petrified of, OMG, change. :rolleyes:

and WHY OH WHY do you give a SHIT oh great asshole??
If we annoy you so much how about you ignore us instead of coming into every Momo threads and stir up shit with her fans???
oh wait nevermind you are a pathetic fool with nothing else on his hands to do. Why dont you just go outside and get beat up or something.

MinnyGophers
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:49 AM

thats because you start up shit in them and it needs at least twenty pages for you to finally shut up.

MinnyGophers
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:53 AM

Maybe my lack of humor has to do with you not being funny at all. Sorry to spoil your dreams.

Geisha
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:58 AM
I totally see why Mauresmo hasn't won a Slam. I mean, I think she's achieved more than her talent suggests. I don't see much talent in her game, other than when she plays on clay. If she had a mind, then I think she would have won a Slam, but I think she would have been considered overrated. In an era of Justine, Kim, Venus, Serena, Maria, and Lindsay, I see that she was just about under them in terms of talent and achievements.

middy
Oct 31st, 2005, 01:01 AM
I think Amelie will win Wimby next year if she gets over her current hurdles, grass is her best surface, allez Amelie :bounce:

stenen
Oct 31st, 2005, 09:35 AM
I totally see why Mauresmo hasn't won a Slam. I mean, I think she's achieved more than her talent suggests. I don't see much talent in her game, other than when she plays on clay. If she had a mind, then I think she would have won a Slam, but I think she would have been considered overrated. In an era of Justine, Kim, Venus, Serena, Maria, and Lindsay, I see that she was just about under them in terms of talent and achievements.

I totally see it differently. She has achieved less than her talent suggest. The fact you see her talent only when she plays on clay just goes to show how little you know about her talent because her best surface is grass. :p

Bubba08
Oct 31st, 2005, 09:39 AM
This thread will never end. :yawn: :rolleyes: :eek:

stenen
Oct 31st, 2005, 09:42 AM
This thread will never end. :yawn: :rolleyes: :eek:

Oh this is nothing. You should see some of the "who is the greatest player", "Graf vs Navratilova" and Amélie threads that were solely kept going by "Amé and her fans"-obsessed house guest *JR*. :lol:
Don't read the if it makes you tired.

*JR*
Oct 31st, 2005, 11:29 AM
thats because you start up shit in them and it needs at least twenty pages for you to finally shut up.The day the Gutless Genevan (belatedly) fires Coach Courteau, I'll shut up and wait a good long while 2C what happens.
:angel:

Kart
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:00 PM

Whatever.

My opinion that Amelie has had a great career doesn't make me humourless or a jerk but as usual it's your way or no way at all.

If you can't argue a point without name calling then I wouldn't rush to look for Amelie's next cheering thread to look for failure - just re-read some of your own lame posts.

sapir1434
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:04 PM
I'm sure... but thats clear she has a problem in her head... in this phase i don't really think she will can win a slam, but i always belive in her ;)

MinnyGophers
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:33 PM
The day the Gutless Genevan (belatedly) fires Coach Courteau, I'll shut up and wait a good long while 2C what happens.
:angel:

did they both run over your kids or something :rolleyes:

flyingmachine
Oct 31st, 2005, 07:59 PM
I think her chances of winning a slam will have to wait till Wimblendon. :rolleyes:

Rub
Nov 1st, 2005, 01:11 AM
i think i have never seen amelie argue a point... she's so silent...

hopefully she unleashes everything she has... what does that mean? :retard:

LesViolettes
Nov 1st, 2005, 02:00 AM
Come on. She's one of the steadiest top 5 players out there. She's finished the last four years in the top 10 and the last two in the top 5; this hardly shows a lack of talent. Mathematically speaking, she should have won a slam by now (when was the last time we had a multiple-slam winner? The last God knows how many have been won by different players). And tennistically (my fav word) speaking, she should have won one as well. Saying she's not good enough isn't going to wash. The fact is, she hasn't. Will she ever? Don't know. Nobody knows. We won't know until she wins one or retires. This is all pretty redundant.