PDA

View Full Version : Least talented player in the top 30?

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Just curious :)

tennisrox
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:39 AM
You need talent to get to the top 30 :p

Grachka
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
I'm not feeling it from Gisela Dulko.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:41 AM
yeh obvously they all got there with hard work and talent no need to start stupid topics like this.

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM
yeah of course theyve all got talent but there are gurls with loads of talent and there are gurl with less talent that have to work harder..

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:02 AM
yeh but still its pretty stupid to make a topic about whos less talented than who to me its pretty disrespectful as all who have got there deserved it or they wouldnt be there i dont like a few players who are there but i still think they got there with good play.

Grachka
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:05 AM
(s)He's not asking what players are untalented, (s)he's asking who is the least talented out of all them. Big difference.

jonny84
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I suppose it is the ones who haven't as yet won a singles title - but to be fair if you reach the Top30 then you pretty are much extremley talented.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:10 AM
(s)He's not asking what players are untalented, (s)he's asking who is the least talented out of all them. Big difference.

no kidding :rolleyes:

i still think its stupid but whatever if you all wanna talk bout who is the least talented go ahead.

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:11 AM
yeh but still its pretty stupid to make a topic about whos less talented than who to me its pretty disrespectful as all who have got there deserved it or they wouldnt be there i dont like a few players who are there but i still think they got there with good play.

I don't mean to be disrespectful, and yes of course all the players deserve what they have achieved, and i would be happier about getting to the top 30 working hard than not having to work so hard because of talent. And just because some people don't have as much talent as other people doesn't mean they don't play well, it just means they have to work harder and im not being disrespectful by asking who is the least talented because getting to the top 30 is not anything negative just because you don't have much talent.

RedCap999
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:11 AM
i ain't gonna put a name down

suzie
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:16 AM
which are the criteria for "talent"? weapons, type of game/best surfaces, attitude? and where's the border between "talent" and hard work? Maybe discussing specific shots could make some sense.

I'm not feeling it from Gisela Dulko.
Sorry to desagree. What makes her less talented then the others?

Grachka
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:22 AM

i still think its stupid but whatever if you all wanna talk bout who is the least talented go ahead.
Its about as stupid as discussing who is most talented, its not as if anyone is changing the world here.

And for the record, I am indebted to you for giving me permission to talk about it :worship:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM
Its about as stupid as discussing who is most talented, its not as if anyone is changing the world here.

And for the record, I am indebted to you for giving me permission to talk about it :worship:

No worries atleast weve got that sorted :rolleyes:

Too bad Obata aint in Top 30 cause shes hella talented :lol:

Grachka
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Too bad Obata aint in Top 30 cause shes hella talented :lol:
Oh yes, good relevant point well made :haha:

I'm the first to say that Saori will never make the top 30, but yeah, its too bad :)

Martian Jeza
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I won't say it otherwise badreps on their way :p

borisy
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:55 AM

I think it's a great topic and it's asking for a comparison, not asking who is untalented...

We don't need Internet nannies to tell us what to write.

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Medina Garrigues - she works so hard that's why she is there, but that's cos she's giving 100%, if she would give less like most other players do, she wouldn't be ranked anywhere near as high.

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Medina Garrigues - she works so hard that's why she is there, but that's cos she's giving 100%, if she would give less like most other players do, she wouldn't be ranked anywhere near as high.

Yeah I think I agree with that. She started when she was 13, didn't she?

Love your avatar btw.:)

DevilishAttitude
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:26 PM

I agree. Medina is a good clay player but she doesn't have many weapons and has one of the worst serves in the Top 50 speed-wise.

Interesting fact about her, according to her bio on WTAtour.com she learned to play tennis all by herself. Like me ;)

The other player is Kirilenko. I know she's won a Tier 2 but her game will never stand up to a hard-hitting in-form player.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:35 PM
omg!cant believe obatafan said gisela. have u seen her play? she has almost all the weapons. bh a bit suspect, but great serve, great FH and really good volleys. PLUS she's an all surface player. her problem is that she can never put them all together on a consistent basis. but i've seen a couple matches where she has and :eek: amazing.

Penglover
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:24 PM
JJ, she just played many tournaments to get into top 20.

Penglover
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Dechy too, wonder how she can be in top 20. She plays like Na Li.

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:39 PM
hmm least talented ,lets see...

ah got it!

Kim Clijsters ,no talent at all!! :lol:

(total bollocks of course ,but sorry ,I just couldnt help myself)

in top 30 = plenty of Talent

PaulieM
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:02 AM
if you think it's so stupid then why waste your time posting in the thread? :confused:

Dominic
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I agree. Medina is a good clay player but she doesn't have many weapons and has one of the worst serves in the Top 50 speed-wise.

Interesting fact about her, according to her bio on WTAtour.com she learned to play tennis all by herself. Like me ;)

The other player is Kirilenko. I know she's won a Tier 2 but her game will never stand up to a hard-hitting in-form player.
Are you kidding, I saw medina play only twice and I was shocked at how well she played. And it was on hard court against two of the biggest hitters, Kuznet and Davenport. She could hit many winners against both of them and the two matches were very tight.

Mudbone
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I would have to say Ai Sugiyama...Really hustles and is fundamentally sound...But she has no outstanding athletic talents...She plays a lot and fights hard when she is healthy....IMHO, she is not very talented...

Sonf@
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:08 PM
LOL you obviously talk without knowing anything...

First of all, that WTA stat is wrong. Anabel started playing when she was 7 yo, but at 12 she stopped for six months because she would get too nervous in the court. However she returned.

Anyone that saw her matches this year against Henin-H, Mauresmo (twice), Kuznetzova, Davenport or Dementieva would agree that she has loads of talent and she can get even better results.

Volcana
Oct 29th, 2005, 05:16 PM
This topic is a every bit as valid as 'who's the most talented?'

However, by 'talent', do you mean what you're born with, or what you learn?

ClaudiaZ-S
Oct 29th, 2005, 06:52 PM
no doubt ! Vaidisova

DevilishAttitude
Oct 29th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Are you kidding, I saw medina play only twice and I was shocked at how well she played. And it was on hard court against two of the biggest hitters, Kuznet and Davenport. She could hit many winners against both of them and the two matches were very tight.

I didn't see her match against Kuznetsova, but I saw her match against Davenport wasn't tight 6-3 6-2. Lindsay didn't play well but still over-powered Anabel. And she didn't hit that many winners. I can see why she's reached this far due to her movement and hard-work but I don't think she'll get any further. :)

timray
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:00 PM
I would have to say Ai Sugiyama...Really hustles and is fundamentally sound...But she has no outstanding athletic talents...She plays a lot and fights hard when she is healthy....IMHO, she is not very talented...

You are so wrong it is not even funny!

timray
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:04 PM

I agree with you completely.

AlexBarrington
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:12 PM
Dechy!!!

pcrtennis
Oct 29th, 2005, 07:31 PM

WRONG! I'm thinking you don't know what the word "talent" means....

Cersei
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:12 PM

First of all, that WTA stat is wrong. Anabel started playing when she was 7 yo, but at 12 she stopped for six months because she would get too nervous in the court. However she returned.

Anyone that saw her matches this year against Henin-H, Mauresmo (twice), Kuznetzova, Davenport or Dementieva would agree that she has loads of talent and she can get even better results.
:worship:

Alvarillo
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:24 PM

di q si coño! :worship:

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:24 PM
That's hard, because all of the top 30 are talented. Maybe you mean who's the luckiest player in the top 30???

pcrtennis
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
This is such an negative thread....

Also, Medina Garrigues is definitely NOT untalented....

Babolatpro880
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:47 PM
:lol: Just to settle this, I saw Dulko vs. Medina Garrigues in New Haven, and it was one of the most entertaining matches I've seen. Dulko is most definitely talented, especially at the net, and Medina Garrigues has a terrific backhand and should be higher than she actually is.

Medina's attitude, however, is :o

Zauber
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:59 PM
most talented least talented who has the best shots who has the lausiest shots

who started earliest who started latest
somewhat intresting for tv shows
But irrelevant as to how good a player they are
The whole package determines who good somone is.
That is why we play the game. To see who the good players are
Watch the games. Watch the sport
Dissection may be informtive but it kills the subject

©@®eLess
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:02 PM
JJ not talented- try 3 finals this year- see JJ vs. Lindsay- Dubai finals-one of the best matches this year!

gmak
Oct 29th, 2005, 09:32 PM
not a good thread :rolleyes:

to be a top-30 player you have to be talented :shrug:

Sonf@
Oct 29th, 2005, 11:54 PM
bump:p

Jenny.C.Fan
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:35 AM
dechy

itzhak
Oct 30th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Somehow I don't getting excited from Tatiana Golovin...she's not bad at all but I think that she is belonging to top 40 or 50 for now...