PDA

View Full Version : 2005 has got to be Kim's year!

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:14 AM
who disagrees?

TomTennis
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:15 AM
i woudnt disagree.

she is practically the only player that you could give that award to, seen as though everyone else is injured.

Jakeev
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:20 AM
A Slam, three Tier 1 titles and four lower Tier titles. Plus wins over just about everybody except for I think Serena Williams.

Yeah I would say it was her year.

The closest rival to her is Lindsay Davenport who has won 6 titles and was a finalist in four others, including two Slams.

Maria Sharapova would be third considering she has made it to the quarters or better of every event she entered.

Justine Henin Hardenne and Mary Pierce would be right behind them along with Venus and Serena.

Kunal
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:23 AM
i dont think there is any scope for anybody to disagree.

she has won the most number of tournies. i think.... lindsay must be up there.

but when somebody say this is X person's year.....i would think that person would have won at least 2 grand slams that year.

so depends on what kind of yardstick u are measuring performances

Lindsayfan32
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:25 AM
Yes you are dead right Kim deserves to be year end number 1. But by a wierd ass ranking system it may not happen. I am a big Lindsay fan but facts are facts Kim deserves it more than Lindsay. What would piss me right off would be Maria end the year number 1. If Kim gets it its great. But Lindsay is in the box seat to get it right now as there are new points on from Zurich and coming in Philly and very little in YEC. Kim can't get full points this week either.

Jakeev
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:26 AM
i dont think there is any scope for anybody to disagree.

she has won the most number of tournies. i think.... lindsay must be up there.

but when somebody say this is X person's year.....i would think that person would have won at least 2 grand slams that year.

so depends on what kind of yardstick u are measuring performances

This is true. Kim won bigger titles than Lindsay this year, but overall, Linds has been more consistent on a week to week basis.

Still, it's those big titles that Kim won that gives her the edge I think.

Bubba08
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:28 AM
who disagrees?
You don't have to ask, everyone agree :drool:

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
This is true. Kim won bigger titles than Lindsay this year, but overall, Linds has been more consistent on a week to week basis.

Still, it's those big titles that Kim won that gives her the edge I think.

:yeah:

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:29 AM
Yes you are dead right Kim deserves to be year end number 1. But by a wierd ass ranking system it may not happen. I am a big Lindsay fan but facts are facts Kim deserves it more than Lindsay. What would piss me right off would be Maria end the year number 1. If Kim gets it its great. But Lindsay is in the box seat to get it right now as there are new points on from Zurich and coming in Philly and very little in YEC. Kim can't get full points this week either.

kim is getting full points this week.....her points from hasselt last year came off some weeks ago

but i agree with u, lindsay's gonna end no1

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:40 AM
i think Kim will end year #1 shes only got points to gain from now on so if she wins the YEC like i think she will she will do it.

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM
i think Kim will end year #1 shes only got points to gain from now on so if she wins the YEC like i think she will she will do it.

i hope so

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:57 AM

even if she wins YEC, alot depends on how lindsay does. as long as lindsay does decent, it's not gonna happen:(

LefandePatty
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I agree.

RedCap999
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:11 AM
kim has won so many singles title. i can't believe she;s the same girl i met in 2002, who was love struck with lleyton

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
I think it depends how well Maria is and what side shes on if she is on Davenports side then she will give her trouble.

stijntje
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:12 AM
even if she wins YEC, alot depends on how lindsay does. as long as lindsay does decent, it's not gonna happen:(

how many points did Lindsay gain last year at het YEC?!

beauty_is_pink
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:14 AM
I agree! :worship:
it's her comeback year

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:19 AM
how many points did Lindsay gain last year at het YEC?!

not sure, but she won 1 match in the round-robin and didnt advance

stijntje
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
I really hope Kim will be number 1...

that would be so great...

in February she even was outside the top-100 :rolleyes:

Lemonskin.
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:35 AM
not sure, but she won 1 match in the round-robin and didnt advance
She beat Dementieva and Serena in the RR

She won 2 matches.

terjw
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:39 AM
Definitely Kim's year - better than her wildest dreams when she made her return at Antwerp back in February.

Thank you for your comment that Kim deserves it more than Lindsay. I think that as well. But the reason she isn't is a combination of two things:

The rankings lag behind the reality.
Lindsay has just played really well lately and won her last two tournaments (as well as consistent throughout the season).
As for your comment on Maria - I was happy for her when she first got that #1. It's really that she deserved it earlier this season rather than still having it all those weeks after the USO. I'm pretty certain Maria won't regain her #1 this year. She's slipped to #3 now. The YEC from last year is the main reason she's still been ranked #1 recently - she's got all those YEC points from last year to come off so she can't really improve her points tally there even if she wins.

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM
She beat Dementieva and Serena in the RR

She won 2 matches.

sorry, my mistake. i was thinking 2, but wondering how she won 2 and did not advance

borisy
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM
I think it's Lindsay's year. She defeated twice in slams and Kim's best result in a GS not counting US Open is the 4th round whereas Davenport reached two quarters and two finals.

stijntje
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
I think it's Lindsay's year. She defeated twice in slams and Kim's best result in a GS not counting US Open is the 4th round whereas Davenport reached two quarters and two finals.

but Kim only played 3 GS this year...

and she was playing Roland Garros with a taped knee...

Lindsay did though deserve the win at Wimbledon...

vutt
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Yeah, probably! :)

...but if Lindsay will win YEC and will remain #1 then it's not that clear any more...

borisy
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:05 PM

Well you can't speculate about how she would do at the Australian so if someone's not fit enough to play then they lose it...

Is someone, let's say Serena won all the 4 slams in a year and then next year she couldn't play the first 3 and won the US, could we say well she didn't play the first three but she would win them if she played. Results are not decided according to ifs.

xin_hui
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:11 PM

ignore him....i've never seen him say anything complimentary to kim

terjw
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:50 PM
Really there's more to this question than I first thought. I think it's more or less universally thought to be Kim when we are at this point in time.

When it comes to the rankings and the race it's very likely to be Lindsay at the year end. Lindsay would have to do badly at the YEC and not make the final for it to be Kim.

But what about who we'll actually think after the YEC?

If Kim wins the YEC - say she beats Lindsay in the finals but Lindsay stays #1 in the rankings - Kim will have 9 - probably 10 - wins this year plus a slam and H2H versus Lindsay 2 wins and 2 defeats. I think the vast majority will regard Kim as #1 despite the rankings saying Lindsay.

If Lindsay say defeats Kim to win the YEC - I think there will be a few of us saying Kim - but I think most ppl will switch to Lindsay who will have at least 7 wins to nearly catch up with Kim with 8 (probably 9). Also Lindsay would then have won their H2H the last 3 times they played. Kim fans like me will point to USO and total wins if it is greater.

stijntje
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:50 PM
ignore him....i've never seen him say anything complimentary to kim

ok, thanks for the advice ;);)

marmite1
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I think she has done pretty well this year. However, I find it hard to decide who has had the best year.

Kimdsay
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:55 PM
Well, I'm (obviously :) ) big Kim & Linds fan so I'll be happy
whoever ends the year as No1, but I can't decide who would I like to do it more...
Coz both of them definitely deserve it - Kim with her amazing comeback,
being ranked 132 in March, and her amazing matches, and Linds
playing better than ever, winning her 51st title... :cool:

I just hope she'll be playing for a few more years, and that Kim will change her mind about retirement plans in 2007.!

borisy
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Really there's more to this question than I first thought. I think it's more or less universally thought to be Kim when we are at this point in time.

When it comes to the rankings and the race it's very likely to be Lindsay at the year end. Lindsay would have to do badly at the YEC and not make the final for it to be Kim.

But what about who we'll actually think after the YEC?

If Kim wins the YEC - say she beats Lindsay in the finals but Lindsay stays #1 in the rankings - Kim will have 9 - probably 10 - wins this year plus a slam and H2H versus Lindsay 2 wins and 2 defeats. I think the vast majority will regard Kim as #1 despite the rankings saying Lindsay.

If Lindsay say defeats Kim to win the YEC - I think there will be a few of us saying Kim - but I think most ppl will switch to Lindsay who will have at least 7 wins to nearly catch up with Kim with 8 (probably 9). Also Lindsay would then have won their H2H the last 3 times they played. Kim fans like me will point to USO and total wins if it is greater.

If Kim wins YEC, even if she finishes the year as no.2, I think she'll deserve to be named the player of the year. Otherwise my vote goes to Lindsay.

Shenay La Soul
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:14 PM
Not sure. Her edge over Davenport is that Clijsters won the Slam. It's a toss-up to me.

Brαm
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:37 PM
Kim's best result in a GS not counting US Open is the 4th roundWhy leave out the US Open? :o :lol: At least Kim owns a slam! Linday doesn't!

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:53 PM
Not sure. Her edge over Davenport is that Clijsters won the Slam. It's a toss-up to me.

that's right... :yeah:

oh how a grandslam makes things so BIG...

if serena hadn't won the AusOpen, people will be saying she's gone, and that this is her worse year and things like that... but if you really think about it, serena didn't win anything and didn't perform any good this year except that Grand Slam... but anyhow, she's serena williams

Rub
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:57 PM
If Kim wins YEC, even if she finishes the year as no.2, I think she'll deserve to be named the player of the year. Otherwise my vote goes to Lindsay.

exactly :yeah:

azmad_88
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:21 AM
well..soon or later kim is going to get there i hope at the start of 2006..
so if she dont get it this year..so lets be patient yea?
nevertheless she had a remarkable year...
she might sweep alot of awards too
Player of the yeaR? Comeback player of the year? Most improved player of 2005?
at least that could go to her cabinet..
with the prize money to nearly 3.5/3.6 millions..thats infact an icing on the cake..
and remember the prize money at YEC is huge...so provided she does well there..
we could see a 4 million digit to kim's name by the end of the year..and yeah SHE EARNED IT THROUGH SINGLES EVERYONE!!...i still remember in 2003 when she beat justine in the prize money everyone complaint she played doubles...but now she infact beat justine's money in 2003 and most probably beat her own record of money's earn..which stands at 4 millions something..

LUIS9
Oct 29th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Results wise yes, I mean a slam and 2 big tier 1s is awesome by itself. (she also won another tier 1) Shes been so consistent, excluding her clay season and her mishap in wimbledon. It doesnt have to be her year in my opinion it is her year.:p

Volcana
Oct 29th, 2005, 02:14 AM
who disagrees?I'd disagree. Roland Garros and Wimbledon are noth likely to elude her, just for a start. As for OZ, if everybody starts the year healthy and rested, I'll bet real money she loses to the first Williams sister she faces at OZ.

xin_hui
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:38 AM
I'd disagree. Roland Garros and Wimbledon are noth likely to elude her, just for a start. As for OZ, if everybody starts the year healthy and rested, I'll bet real money she loses to the first Williams sister she faces at OZ.

i guess u are talking about 2006.....but we are talking 2005 here;)

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 29th, 2005, 04:43 AM
KIM had a very good year, id say it was "Her" Year!http://smileys.******************/cat/23/23_30_109.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414CGAU)

Mary also had a great year, too bad she couldnt grab the Slams. Ah well! http://smileys.******************/cat/23/23_28_100.gif (http://www.******************/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm414CGAU)

Zauber
Oct 29th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Yes definitly she has been the best.
please If perhaps but if only is irrelevant.
All that counts is what you accomplish. Oh she does it in style too.
And of course she had to work through no adversities as all the other players who would have done better only if if if if

Rub
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Yes definitly she has been the best.
please If perhaps but if only is irrelevant.
All that counts is what you accomplish. Oh she does it in style too.
And of course she had to work through no adversities as all the other players who would have done better only if if if if

nice :yeah: