PDA

View Full Version : Serena Williams- ER (to guest star on an upcoming episode)

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Just got done watchin' ER and they showed the clips for next weeks, and or upcoming weeks, of brand new episodes of ER. It looks as though John Stamos join the cast, and Serena Williams will be guest staring in an episode.

Appologies in advance if this is old news. I looked but couldn't find it posted anywhere. This will be Serena's biggest television show to date. Although ER has been on the air for 12 years it's still a top 20 show. I'm one of the few who still tune in regularly and I'm counting down the days.

On the preview they showed her and she had a few lines of dialogue, but I was so busy screamin' I couldn't tell you much more. Stay tuned...

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:15 AM
Dang, that's HUGE. Even to just guest star on ER. I doubt they would pick her just cause she's Serena Williams.

PaulieM
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:29 AM
guest starring on ER is a big deal, congrats to serena. i'll try and check it out. :)

StarDuvallGrant
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:29 AM
That's my girl :clap2: Go Serena, go Serena, go Serena :worship:

Spunky83
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:30 AM
:lol: cool! Wondering why she has to pay a visit to the emergency room...

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:50 AM
I went to my favorite ER board to get some additional info and it turns out it might not be next weeks episode. In the scene I saw there was some horrible plane crash. I reckon Serena was one of the survivors. The have a log of upcoming episodes and next weeks epy doesn't have anything to do with a plane crash, although two episodes later this will happen:

A normal day in the ER, and an abnormal realization that Abby and Luka wake up together in his bed. But quickly they are called into work because two planes have collided and crashed into an urban area.

Neela and Pratt are at the scene of a huge disaster from two planes that collidedin mid-air, causing a crash in an urban area – several buildings involved and lots of hurt people. At one point, Neela is trapped by flames and looses her walkie talkie. She helps a fireman get out victims.

With the number of incoming from the disaster, Sam brings Haleh back. Eve tells Sam it is about time (she made a strong decision like that). Clemente is running triage in the ambulance bay.

One patient was walking his dog and she is missing. Another wants to call his fiancee but decides not to go through with the wedding. Another dies with family around.

It's possible they were showing scenes of upcoming episodes of ER, so at this time I can't verify the date that her episode will air. If anyone can confirm the date please post it in here.

Paneru
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:01 AM
Very exciting for Serena! :)

Penne1
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Serena's episode is meant to air on November 13th. TV Guide revealed that last week I think. Double check though - TV Guide aren't always right LOL!

ETA: It could actually be the 27th??

Williams Rulez
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
how exciting! i think i'm gonna get tt episode... :)

Kunal
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:57 AM
i have a feeling that serena is going to be a bad actress.

i hope i am wrong...

GoDominique
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:18 AM
As long as her part requires some :rolleyes:, she will be fine. :)

Zl@tko
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Go Serena!

hotandspicey
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:00 AM
:yeah: for Rena! I won't miss seeing that episode. Luv that girl! :hearts:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:07 AM
good on her i hope she doesnt stop her focus on tennis though

lauryn
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:08 AM
I'll be watching :D

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it :D

barmaid
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:37 PM
good on her i hope she doesnt stop her focus on tennis though

She already has:rolleyes: while she's there maybe she can undergo a knee examination and see if its "healed" enough to play tennis, however her priorities seem to be with acting at the moment:hearts:

barmaid:wavey:

ampers&
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:48 PM
haters are so :retard:. :rolleyes:
anyway, congrats to Serena :yeah:.

pinkfrog
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:50 PM
i just check imdb and e.r. isnt listed, but i noticed she was on law & order svu so i added that episode to my netflix que so hopefully i can watch it on monday:)

Veenut
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:08 PM
Wow!!! Go Serena!!! Who else could just end their season and switch to another career?

Martian Jeza
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:13 PM
haters are so :retard:. :rolleyes:
anyway, congrats to Serena :yeah:.

I'm a hater but you can come to me smoke some weed ;)

Helen Lawson
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:29 PM
I had a bit part in this episode, and gave Serena some career tips between takes. She's really sweet and receptive to advice from a legend like me.

Anyway, the episode wasn't about a plane crash. Serena plays this woman who has chronic neck-strain from having a huge rack, and ends up in the ER after painting the ceiling of her apartment has made her almost unable to move from the strain. Anyway, there's this whole thing about whether she ought to get breast reduction. The guy who plays her husband is against it and suggests that if she has it done, it might mean the end of their marriage. But then the doctors tell her that it's her body and stuff and her decision and if her husband only loves her for her boobs, then maybe it's not a great marriage, so Serena has a couple of really good scenes where she's like contemplating her marriage and future. I won't give away the ending!

I play an old lady staying in the ER who won't stop smoking and is making everyone's life in the ER hell with her constant bitching, complaining, or ordering people around. It was a real easy acting job for me, practically playing myself!

marmite1
Oct 28th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I'm a hater but you can come to me smoke some weed ;)
:)

ampers&
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:57 PM
smoke some weed ;)
:drool:

Sally Struthers
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I haven't watched ER in years but I'll be sure to tune in for this.

Bankhead Bounce
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:33 PM
Can't stand the show but if Rena gonna be on then I'm there. :rocker2:

raquel
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:04 PM
I still love ER so will definitely look forward to seeing Serena in it. They should introduce Serena as a love interest for Mekhi Phifer's character. That would be hot :drool:

venus_rulez
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:21 PM
GO Serena!

le bon vivant
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
It'll be my first and last time watching ER. Just like when she was on L&O:SVU

earthcrystal
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:46 PM
I doubt they would pick her just cause she's Serena Williams.

More than likely, that's precisely why she was cast..because she's Serena Williams, a high-profile celeb. November is a SWEEPS month, and all the shows try to book high-profile guests. It's all about ratings.

I'm also one of the few that haven't deserted this show. I'll be interested to see how Serena does. Jury's still out for me as to whether or not she'll pull off an acting career for the long term, but she gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

volta
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Go Rena :worship: :worship: :worship: :hearts:

moon
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:30 PM
I haven't watched ER in years but I'll be sure to tune in for this.

ditto.

DevilishAttitude
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Wonder if she'll be involved in a car crash. Car crash - TV, you get the picture ;)

Although I like ER so :p

Meesh
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Two years ago I won tickets from the radio to fly to LA and watch the taping of this Lifetime cop show (The Division). Serena had been there the week before me as a guest star! :mad: I got to eat lunch with the cast and stay there for two nights w/ a friend. (FREE!!) Anyways.... the cast said that Serena was no nice and had a great time. I missed her episode but heard she did a great job!

Knizzle
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM
More than likely, that's precisely why she was cast..because she's Serena Williams, a high-profile celeb. November is a SWEEPS month, and all the shows try to book high-profile guests. It's all about ratings.

I'm also one of the few that haven't deserted this show. I'll be interested to see how Serena does. Jury's still out for me as to whether or not she'll pull off an acting career for the long term, but she gets the benefit of the doubt for now.

Yeah, but others already on the show are HIGHER profile celebrities than Serena which is why I thought that. What do they need Serena for other than her just being right for the role?? :shrug:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Time and day and channel in the US?

controlfreak
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Serena Williams & John Stamos :haha:

ER has really hit rock bottom this time! Serena should be embarrassed too. The only person who wins in this situation is John Stamos. Go Jesse! :lol:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:15 PM
will definitely be watching that episode:)

auntie janie
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:00 AM
I had a bit part in this episode, and gave Serena some career tips between takes. She's really sweet and receptive to advice from a legend like me.

Anyway, the episode wasn't about a plane crash. Serena plays this woman who has chronic neck-strain from having a huge rack, and ends up in the ER after painting the ceiling of her apartment has made her almost unable to move from the strain. Anyway, there's this whole thing about whether she ought to get breast reduction. The guy who plays her husband is against it and suggests that if she has it done, it might mean the end of their marriage. But then the doctors tell her that it's her body and stuff and her decision and if her husband only loves her for her boobs, then maybe it's not a great marriage, so Serena has a couple of really good scenes where she's like contemplating her marriage and future. I won't give away the ending!

I play an old lady staying in the ER who won't stop smoking and is making everyone's life in the ER hell with her constant bitching, complaining, or ordering people around. It was a real easy acting job for me, practically playing myself!

:lol: I can't wait to see it!!

RVD
Oct 29th, 2005, 12:34 AM
YES! That's my girl. She's able to juggle careers and still be a top celeb. :bounce:

Graf-aholic
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:24 AM
I watch ER regularly so I will see Serena in episode 8 that showcases the big plane crash. ER airs on Thursdays. Serena's episode will be on Nov.17 in fact.