it's official now she just made it :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
good luck Momo
hope u feel better enough

Tatanka
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:42 PM
Good luck!

Bubba08
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:44 PM
I am not sure that is a great news whit the current play 's level of momo :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

marmite1
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:46 PM
I think it was inevitable to be honest.

Shenanigans
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Congrats Amélie, let's hope her little break has done her good and she can find her form, bonne chance!

manu32
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:50 PM
great risk for her......

griffin
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Now, lets see which Momo shows up - the CFA (Confident French Amazon) or her evil twin, the CFH (Charming French Headcase).

(I know it's a language thing, so I don't mean to pick Bubba - but the idea of having a "level of Momo" is just cracking me up right now:lol:

suzie
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:53 PM
It was a matter of time really... Let's hope for the best.

Bette_Midler
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:54 PM
congrats :bounce:

manu32
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:56 PM
how much GS winners in YEC???serena?? justine?? venus?? thanks to kim.......

mauresmofan
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:58 PM
Yea it was inevitable she's played very well this season if you scratch her last 2 "performances".

Good luck Momo - and don't forget to bring a tennis racket with you to LA!

Ceze
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Congrats Amélie, let's hope her little break has done her good and she can find her form, bonne chance!:yeah: Allez Amélie!!! :D

pierce0415
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Mauresmo Clinches Berth in Tour Championships

Former top-ranked pro gives the prestigious eight-player singles field four No. 1 players; doubles duo Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur claim second spot in four-team doubles field; final three singles spots and last two doubles places still to be decided for season-ending event at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles

ST. PETERSBURG, FL USA – French tennis star Amelie Mauresmo has secured a spot in the prestigious season-ending Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche at STAPLES Center, along with the doubles team of Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur, the Tour announced today.

Mauresmo, who held the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour’s No. 1 ranking as recently as last year, is one of four current and former No. 1 players in the field, joining Maria Sharapova, Kim Clijsters and Lindsay Davenport, as well as two-time Grand Slam champion Mary Pierce, in Los Angeles, CA Nov. 8-13. This will be Mauresmo’s third straight appearance in the Championships and the fifth of her career. She posted her best result in 2003 when she reached the final. She is currently fifth in the latest Porsche Race to the Championships standings with 3,033 points and a match record of 48-16

Mauresmo, ranked fourth in the latest Sony Ericsson WTA Tour rankings, started the year strong and has been solid throughout the year. She reached the semifinals or better in four of her first six tournaments and has reached two finals in her last five tournaments. In all, she has played in five finals this year, winning twice, with her biggest victory so far being the prestigious Telecom Italia Masters Roma.

A fierce battle is being waged for the remaining three spots in the singles field with one more event (next week’s Advanta Championships in Philadelphia) left in the season. Justine Henin-Hardenne, Patty Schnyder, Venus Williams, Elena Dementieva and Nadia Petrova are wrestling for the last three invitations and are separated by only 518 points in what is likely to be a down-to-the-wire finish.

In doubles, Raymond and Stosur earned a place in the field, joining Cara Black and Liezel Huber. Raymond and Stosur are currently second in the Porsche Race to the Championships with 1,866 points. After joining forces this summer, they have won four of their last six tournaments, including the US Open. The last two berths in the four-team doubles field are still up for grabs and potentially won’t be decided until the final days of the race.

The top eight singles players and top four doubles teams in the final Porsche Race to the Championships standings qualify for the Sony Ericsson WTA Tour Championships presented by Porsche. The singles winner will earn $1 million and a Porsche to be donated to charity, making this one of the richest prizes in women’s sports history.

CrossCourt~Rally
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:04 PM
:D Congrats MOMO! :bounce:

stenen
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:08 PM
It was a matter of time really... Let's hope for the best.

Yes it was. Good luck Amélie!

sapir1434
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Congrats momo and good luck!! i hope you feel better now and you will can do thw best!! ;)

souam
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Now, lets see which Momo shows up - the CFA (Confident French Amazon) or her evil twin, the CFH (Charming French Headcase).

(I know it's a language thing, so I don't mean to pick Bubba - but the idea of having a "level of Momo" is just cracking me up right now:lol:
:yeah:

I hope CFA will be the one...
:angel:

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:46 PM
But will she play?

dylan24
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:07 PM
i hope she plays kim first.
clijsters will shove 2 bagels up momo's ass

morningglory
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:32 PM
HMMM.... Amelie, maybe you'd better not play if you're not feeling yourself...... but I believe by the time the tournament comes you will :) ....
Please, please be in Maria's half... :devil:

charmedRic
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM
Congratulations to Mauresmo.

hablo
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:33 AM
great!!! (I guess it was inevitable :p)
I really want her to take the rest of the season off :mad:

hablo
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:34 AM
i hope she plays kim first.
clijsters will shove 2 bagels up momo's ass
you're mean!!! :lol:

~ The Leopard ~
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Good luck, Amelie!

Linnie
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:52 AM
Good luck Momo - and don't forget to bring a tennis racket with you to LA!
Not to mention her mind - and her forehand :angel:

Allez CFA! ;) :D

LesViolettes
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:57 AM
Yay!! Go Amélie! Congrats!

jonny84
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:55 AM
That's good news for Amelie - although it was expected she would qualify for the YEC! :bounce:

Bumsby
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:20 AM
I don't have very high expectations but you never know what might happen with Amélie, if she does remember to bring the racket (and the service, and the forehand ;)) with her to LA.

I hope she'll manage to win a match at least, so she can reach that 400 figure

stenen
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:51 AM
I don't have very high expectations but you never know what might happen with Amélie, if she does remember to bring the racket (and the service, and the forehand ;)) with her to LA.

I hope she'll manage to win a match at least, so she can reach that 400 figure

It's going to be interesting to see how she plays in Philly next week.

Ceze
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:54 AM
It's going to be interesting to see how she plays in Philly next week.will she? :confused:

stenen
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:56 AM
will she? :confused:

Yes. My opinion about that is :rolleyes:

Ceze
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Yes. My opinion about that is :rolleyes:lets hope its a good sign ;)

Bumsby
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I thought she was going straight to LA... maybe she's rested already :)
and thinks it's better to play a warm up.

stenen
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:04 AM
lets hope its a good sign ;)

I hope so. Yet I can't help thinking; what if she doesn't do well? Then she's going to have even more load on her shoulders when she goes to YEC.
I try to remain positive but it has a touch of :scared: to it.

stenen
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I thought she was going straight to LA... maybe she's rested already :)
and thinks it's better to play a warm up.

She made the decision late last night.

suzie
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Philly? :scratch:

Drimal
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Allez Amélie! :bowdown:

Lol first everybody seems to withdraw from YEC (Justine, Amélie, Venus and Elena) and at the end everyone will play at the Championships. :lol:

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:43 AM
i dont think she will make much of an impact but we will see

Bubba08
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Everything will be better in the YEC Momo :wavey:

hotandspicey
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:50 AM
she might do better at yec than she's done all year! ;)

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:51 AM
i just think if shes in kims side she will be smashed if shes in lindsays side she will get smashed.

galadriel
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Momo :bounce:

Linnie
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13016109.htm

She's in ;)

griffin
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:19 PM
http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/13016109.htm

She's in ;)

Uh huh. Do you know what I'm going to say, or do I need to post it?

Linnie
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Uh huh. Do you know what I'm going to say, or do I need to post it?
*reading griff's mind*
:tape: :scared: :bolt:

;)

marmite1
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:06 PM
i just think if shes in kims side she will be smashed if shes in lindsays side she will get smashed.

If she doesnt get either of those on her side :eek: it would be a miracle.

MinnyGophers
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:58 PM

but then again, not a lot of people dont get smashed by them cough**6-0/6-0**cough**
the point is?

Irish
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:13 PM
Congrats Amelie! :D