PDA

View Full Version : 2005 - Year Of Retirement?

crazillo
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:17 PM
In the last couple of years, only a very few really notable players went away. But this year there are sooo many. Next year there will hardly be any veterans anymore if that continues. It's sad to see them go all at once I think. :(

I really don't like 2005 for some reason...

patricktav2003
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:04 PM
I just agree with you!!!!

Geisha
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:19 PM
True, there are many players retiring, but the tour will still have plenty of veterans.

Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Ai, Nathalie, are still in the game. I like that players like Suarez, Ruano Pascual, Martinez, Callens, etc. are all retired/considering retirement, because they aren't producing many good results and it gives a chance for the players like Golovin to not have to play old-timers' games.

jfk
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:24 PM
True, there are many players retiring, but the tour will still have plenty of veterans.

Lindsay, Venus, Serena, Jennifer, Ai, Nathalie, are still in the game. I like that players like Suarez, Ruano Pascual, Martinez, Callens, etc. are all retired/considering retirement, because they aren't producing many good results and it gives a chance for the players like Golovin to not have to play old-timers' games.
Only Lindsay, Jen, and Ai are true veterans from those you listed.....at least compared to those who are retiring this year.

Amy Frazier and Lisa Raymond are still around. Chanda will hopefully come back. Kveta Peschke is having a great year and should play for a few more. Asagoe has been stumbling, but I suspect she'll stick around for a few more years, being a late bloomer and all.

The rest of the veterans (Dally, Craybas, etc.) are struggling or just not that relevant.

Oh, and ummm, Mary Pierce is still around. Can't forget about her.