PDA

View Full Version : What a scheduling from Arvidsson

ghosts
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:59 PM
This year she played six 25k challengers (lost in three of them in round 1) and one 10k challenger

on the other hand she reached twice the second round of a Grand Slam tournament and played three WTA Tour quarter-finals !!!

She played against six non Top 500 players but also against five Top 20

;)

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:02 PM
They said on ES that she was close to quitting the game at the start of the year if I heard it correctly. Financial problems and such preventing her from really putting 100% in tennis, but now she has reached her highest ranking, so it was good she carried on.

Scotso
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Yes, Sofia had problems... but what a good run to end the year! :D

vogus
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:17 PM
They said on ES that she was close to quitting the game at the start of the year if I heard it correctly. Financial problems and such preventing her from really putting 100% in tennis, but now she has reached her highest ranking, so it was good she carried on.

I can't believe that Sweden's #1 female player could have trouble finding sponsorships. Tennis is supposedly so popular in that country. With all the men's success, it's bizarre that their women have fared so poorly.

tenn_ace
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:19 PM

what's her highest ranking? it'd be too bad to lose a talented player like her.

Where is the Swedish Tennis Association in all this? :rolleyes:

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:22 PM
Her highest/current ranking is 81.

salima
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:54 PM
I can't believe that Sweden's #1 female player could have trouble finding sponsorships. Tennis is supposedly so popular in that country. With all the men's success, it's bizarre that their women have fared so poorly.

In Sweden tennis is a man's sport. THe tennis girls have up until now had very little or on attention in media. Last year the Swedish tennis fed. launched new ideas on getting the women up. In this work Aasa Svensson is a key person

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:57 PM
I always wondered why there were no or very little Scandinavian female players out there.

salima
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:19 PM
I always wondered why there were no or very little Scandinavian female players out there.

for 2/3 of Scandinavia you can blame the climate for that:lol:

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:23 PM
They can always play indoors... :shrug: