PDA

View Full Version : Hasselt:Misa Krajicek (NED/68) fires 18 aces past Lucie Safarova (CZE/55) 6-4 3-6 6-3

jochem
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Wow, QF for Misa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! After her title win in Tshkent she is doing great business and this is great for her ranking as well at the end of this season!!!!!! :p :worship: :bounce:

SilK
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:19 PM
She powered her way into the Quarters with 18 aces :eek:

Munchen
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:20 PM
:woohoo: Great effort Misa!! :yeah:

Keep it up! :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

jochem
She powered her way into the Quarters with 18 aces :eek:

18 aces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Meeek
:banana: Well done :worship:

blumaroo
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Very good performance from Misa. Maybe playing close to home is a significant factor ;) Next up Dechy or Vinci.A win is possible but she should at least bring the level she showed today.

grmbl
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Wow.. Great match! A lot of winners from both sides! Well done Misa (and Lucie). :woohoo:

Drimal
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Well done little Misa! :bigclap: :clap2:

SilK
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:23 PM
18 aces!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Yes, it was crazy! And than we're not even talking about the serves that weren't returnable, on which Lucie could only get her raq behind it and that's it.

Her placement is amazing. I was shocked by it myself.

Dan23
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Nice going Misa :hatoff:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Misa :eek: :hearts: :worship:

jochem
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:30 PM
What will this do to her ranking??? Anyone know???

Thea
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:33 PM
Gooo Misa! :bounce: :bounce:

lee station
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Wow! :D

yes_sir
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:54 PM
18 is pretty darn good.
Wait until she fully develops, that serve will be a huge weapon.

suzie
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Estoril revenge? :devil:

Well done girl! :yeah:

kabuki
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:07 PM
I'm hoping for big things from Misa next year. :bounce:

DragonFlame
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:34 PM
woehoe!!!!!!!! :bounce: :worship: bring on wimbledon! :devil:

DutchieGirl
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:42 PM
:bounce: Hopefully she'll have to play Dechy and will have a good match! ;)

Bubba08
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:47 PM
18 aces, we don't see that really often on women 's tour :tennis:

Dexter
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:48 PM
Yay!!! Great victory Misa :banana:

Congratz :yeah: :D

..ikke..
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Well done Misa :bounce:
18 aces :bolt:

SilviaFan
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:17 PM
Well done Misa !!! :clap2:

Purple Rainbow
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:40 PM
This was a magnificent effort! The quarters will be an even bigger test, but so far there is no telling how good a player has to be to beat Misa. Maybe she can compete with the likes of Dechy, that would be awesome! :)

Meeek
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:47 PM
http://img430.imageshack.us/img430/7973/kraji9os.th.jpg (http://img430.imageshack.us/my.php?image=kraji9os.jpg)

DutchieGirl
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:49 PM
:yeah: It was also posted in Misa's thread in the Dutch forum! ;) It's a great pic though! :D

Meeek
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:57 PM
It was missing here :p ;)
Maybe I should check it out there ;)

Mark Spruce
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:58 PM
18 that is great.

Helped me get some nice VVVVVVVvcash!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark

DutchieGirl
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:02 PM
It was missing here :p ;)
Maybe I should check it out there ;)

:haha: Nah, it's :cool: that ya posted it here! :D

vutt
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:10 PM
WOW 18?!!

Congrats!

Mailin
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Well done Misa :yeah:

jochem
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Wait untill Misa fires 20 aces in beating Dementieva whahahaha

Maria Croft
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Congrats Misa!

18 aces! :eek:

That's amazing!

DutchieGirl
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Wait untill Misa fires 20 aces in beating Dementieva whahahaha

hmm on top of Lena's 20 df's that should make for a quick match! :angel:

Mercury Rising
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:58 PM
She's awesome :worship: :yeah:

dania
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:14 PM
Well done girl!

Dinkie
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:07 PM
After Big Brenda we now have Mighty Misa. Oh no, that would be a name for Sesil. ;)

Well done girlie!!! Always a chance against Dechy.

jj74
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Come on Misa my vcash is very gratefull, i'll bet on you more in the future

Minotaur
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Poor Lucie. Getting ace-whooped....

Two breaks of serve were enough to send her home but i like the girl anyway.

Good luck to Misa.

With so good serve game she has a chance to beat Dechy.

SS6888
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:33 PM
WOW! 18 Aces! and I bet on Lucie too, but it must've been a great match from both!

Pheobo
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM
18 aces! I really want to see her play now...

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:25 AM
WOW! 18 Aces! and I bet on Lucie too, but it must've been a great match from both!

:haha: You need to have faith! ;)

Prizeidiot
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:37 AM
So she's got her brothers' serve

She's a surprising player, is Misa. Actually, I'd put her as one of those who on sight, you wouldn't think would fire down that many aces and winners (she looks her age)

I'd like to think that when she grows a little, she'll do better than some of the other up and comers that are around at the moment.

hwanmig
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:38 AM
Her brother must have made her serve tons of aces everyday.

:cool:RICHARD GASQUET:cool:

Ceze
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:47 AM
congrats Misa :worship:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:43 AM
Her brother must have made her serve tons of aces everyday.

Actually they only really got to know each other the last 2 years... but he has been helping her with her serve and volley. Oh and they do live in different countries mostly...Richard in NL and Misa and her family in Czech Rep.

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM
So she's got her brothers' serve

She's a surprising player, is Misa. Actually, I'd put her as one of those who on sight, you wouldn't think would fire down that many aces and winners (she looks her age)

I'd like to think that when she grows a little, she'll do better than some of the other up and comers that are around at the moment.

:scratch: She IS pretty tall... which helps in the serving department! ;)

Prizeidiot
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:57 AM
:scratch: She IS pretty tall... which helps in the serving department! ;)
She's not like 6 feet tall is she? (this isn't sarcasm, I honestly don't know :confused: ) If so, dismiss the stuff I write below.

When I imply that she's not that big, I'm comparing her to other juniors like Vaidisova and Ivanovic, who are physically, fairly intimidating, or even a Mirza, who's fairly solid in build.

I have a feeling Misa still has a bit of filling out to do. ;)

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:01 AM
She's not like 6 feet tall is she? (this isn't sarcasm, I honestly don't know :confused: ) If so, dismiss the stuff I write below.

When I imply that she's not that big, I'm comparing her to other juniors like Vaidisova and Ivanovic, who are physically, fairly intimidating, or even a Mirza, who's fairly solid in build.

I have a feeling Misa still has a bit of filling out to do. ;)

No, she's not 6 feet tall. She's 1.77m according to WTATour... which is still about 5'10" or so. That's quite tall, and according to her she's been told she won't grow much more by the doctors when they operated on her knee. I never stood next to Nicole or Ana, but Misa seemed tall to me, but then I am short (5'4") so maybe it was just coz of that, but I'd hardly say she was small. and Misa's pretty "solid" (although she seems to have lost some weight since her injury). :D

So I'm not sure what filling out she has left to do? :scratch:

Prizeidiot
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:16 AM
No, she's not 6 feet tall. She's 1.77m according to WTATour... which is still about 5'10" or so. That's quite tall, and according to her she's been told she won't grow much more by the doctors when they operated on her knee. I never stood next to Nicole or Ana, but Misa seemed tall to me, but then I am short (5'4") so maybe it was just coz of that, but I'd hardly say she was small. and Misa's pretty "solid" (although she seems to have lost some weight since her injury). :D

So I'm not sure what filling out she has left to do? :scratch:
Well, you're a bigger fan of her than me (I haven't been offered a lift from her :p) so I'll go with what you're saying.

Yeah. I'm about 1.77m as well, so maybe that's why I didn't think so much of her height. I don't know, I probably considered her brother and figured she might reach something closer to his height.

I think Ana is something like 6'0, and Nicole may be even a little taller?

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:23 AM
Well, you're a bigger fan of her than me (I haven't been offered a lift from her :p) so I'll go with what you're saying.

Yeah. I'm about 1.77m as well, so maybe that's why I didn't think so much of her height. I don't know, I probably considered her brother and figured she might reach something closer to his height.

I think Ana is something like 6'0, and Nicole may be even a little taller?

yeah but don't forget that Richard's only her half bro - they don't have the same mum, so only the possibility of having half the same gene pool in the first place! ;)

I'm sure Nic's around 6 foot, dunno how tall Ana is to tell the truth! ;)

Sharapova's_Boy
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Lucie :sobbing:

Good luck against Nathalie, Misa. :D

CooCooCachoo
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Lucie :sad:

Misa :eek: Impressive, those aces.

bellascarlett
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
sorry for my cluelessness, but why is Michaella representing the netherlands if she lives in the czech rep? was she born in the netherlands? and can you give me some sort of back story on her like how did both she and her half brother get involved in tennis. dad's influence? sort of a recent tennis fan so i dont know much.

Whatzup
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:07 AM
She's born in Delft, in The Netherlands. She still lives in the Netherlands, in Almere. But the family also lives in Tjechie sometimes. But she's Dutch!

GertAlert
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:01 AM
sorry for my cluelessness, but why is Michaella representing the netherlands if she lives in the czech rep? was she born in the netherlands? and can you give me some sort of back story on her like how did both she and her half brother get involved in tennis. dad's influence? sort of a recent tennis fan so i dont know much.
Eh.. because she's dutch!! She was born here and lived here until she was 7 or 8 years old, then she moved to Prague. Her mother still lives here, but her father moved back to the czech republic. So sometimes she stays in Holland (I know she did when she was injured) but when she's training she stays in Praque. And yes, it's her dad's influence. So she and her half-brother got involved in tennis through her father. (He's a 'bit' of a pushy parent sometimes, he was with Richard and they split up for years because of that. He seems to be more relaxed with MichaŽlla though.)

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:14 AM

uhh because she is Dutch... just coz she lives (mostly) in Prague doesn't mean she's Czech! :p She was born and lived in NL until she was 9. Then her family moved to CZE, but she chose to play for NL, coz she still felt Dutch as she grew up there...

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Eh.. because she's dutch!! She was born here and lived here until she was 7 or 8 years old, then she moved to Prague. Her mother still lives here, but her father moved back to the czech republic. So sometimes she stays in Holland (I know she did when she was injured) but when she's training she stays in Praque. And yes, it's her dad's influence. So she and her half-brother got involved in tennis through her father. (He's a 'bit' of a pushy parent sometimes, he was with Richard and they split up for years because of that. He seems to be more relaxed with MichaŽlla though.)

Actually Misa said in an interview that it was her Mum who first started her with tennis when she was 3, and her dad only took over some years later... ;)

And are you saying that Misa's Mum lives in NL, and her, her Dad and her bro in Prague? :confused:

GertAlert
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Actually Misa said in an interview that it was her Mum who first started her with tennis when she was 3, and her dad only took over some years later... ;)

And are you saying that Misa's Mum lives in NL, and her, her Dad and her bro in Prague? :confused:
Ha, well if Misa says her mother started the tennis I can't argue with that. :)
And yes! From what I've read her mother lives in Almere in the Netherlands and the rest of her family in Prague. But please correct me if I'm wrong!!! ;)

daffodil
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:28 AM
How fast is this bitch's serve?

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Ha, well if Misa says her mother started the tennis I can't argue with that. :)
And yes! From what I've read her mother lives in Almere in the Netherlands and the rest of her family in Prague. But please correct me if I'm wrong!!! ;)

hmm I never read about that. I actually assumed that her Mum was Czech too coz her name is Pavlina right? Doesn't sound like a Dutch name to me... but I thought that they family still lived together? :shrug:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM

well I think you should know how fast your own serve is!

GertAlert
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:31 AM
:rolleyes:

Eh... who are you talking about??? :fiery:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM
:rolleyes:

Eh... who are you talking about??? :fiery:

themself of course! ;)

GertAlert
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:34 AM
themself of course! ;)
:haha:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:36 AM
:haha:

well unless they meant Lucie? :scratch: :angel:

Martian Jeza
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:37 AM
She has a bit of her brother in her tennis game :p :worship:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:38 AM
She has a bit of her brother in her tennis game :p :worship:

:yeah: Very true - but he has been helping her for the last 2 years so... you'd expect that a bit. :D

Louis Cyphre
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Wimbledon is waiting for you Misa :yeah:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:40 AM
Wimbledon is waiting for you Misa :yeah:

and I shall be there too hopefully! ;)

Louis Cyphre
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:43 AM
I wish i can be there too but I doubt it :sad: ...we`ll see

Martian Jeza
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:44 AM

And 101% fit : No more injuries pls :fiery:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:46 AM
I wish i can be there too but I doubt it :sad: ...we`ll see

hehe I will go to Rosmalen at least! :D

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:47 AM
And 101% fit : No more injuries pls :fiery:

yeah I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath for that... I mean look at Richard! :scared: ;)

vutt
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:58 AM
hm, it seems that inkymisafan has wonderful ability to turn every Misa result thread into chat thread :sarcastic:

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:06 PM
hm, it seems that inkymisafan has wonderful ability to turn every Misa result thread into chat thread :sarcastic:

people ask questions about her, I answer... got a problem with it? Tell someone who cares!

jochem
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Misa already hit 3 aces in two service games against Dechy!!!!! :eek: 2-all

jochem
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:34 PM
and now a love game to a 3-2 lead!! This tournament is already a success for her so she can play all the way!!!

jochem
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:45 PM
ace no.4 and a 5-4 lead for Misa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Misa is really serving amazing :eek: :eek:

jochem
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:48 PM
6-4 for Misa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Killing return on Dechy's serve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jochem
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:52 PM
Ace no.7 for Misa

DutchieGirl
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:39 PM
12 aces today! ;)