PDA

View Full Version : Rackets

Lee-Waters
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:45 AM
Do you think Elena should stop using the RDX500 now or should she change racket sponsors?

Swiss Ivo
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:59 AM
Do you think Elena should stop using the RDX500 now or should she change racket sponsors?

I was curious and bought me also RDX500!
I think for Lena it`s absolutly O.K.! :yeah:

Lee-Waters
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Is it a good racket?

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Lleyton hewitt had one or has one ,and so did Danni to as far a I know ,it seems a good racket ,ask Evinrude ,shes got one ,but just dont expect Forehands like Elena ,unless you are .

a/ Built like Elena
b/ A top ten player
c/ your Intitials are E. D
d/ You live in Moscow
e/ You have a yorkshire terrier called Patrick

Paco
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:28 PM
Lleyton hewitt had one or has one ,and so did Danni to as far a I know ,it seems a good racket ,ask Evinrude ,shes got one ,but just dont expect Forehands like Elena ,unless you are .

a/ Built like Elena
b/ A top ten player
c/ your Intitials are E. D
d/ You live in Moscow
e/ You have a yorkshire terrier called Patrick

hehe, great

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:40 PM
I can't stand Yonex rackets, and truly believe that the worst thing that ever happened to Lena and Prince was when they screwed up her contract, leaving T.O.B. to be the standard bearer for the original oversize.

(Horrible confession: I'm trading in my aged Prince for a new Shark Turbo. I actually considered going with the DB just so I wouldn't have the same racket T.O.B. endorses, but it's just too good a fit for me. Sorry to my other faves [Nastya and Roger] but I dislike Heads and Wilson almost as much as Yonex.)

On the other hand, my doubles partner uses a Yonex and thinks Princes are too heavy and stiff.

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:50 PM
give Elena a wooden paddle ,she can still make magic with it..

P.L.B.
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Yonex does not make a grip size big enough for me :(
But I got one anyway and made it bigger.

Mathijs
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Nahhh Lena should stick with Yonex, why leaving Yonex?, IMO that's not a solution....

I use Dunlop Cyclone, maybe i would ever use Yonex, but for the time being i will stick with my Dunlop....

miffedmax
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM
Yonex does not make a grip size big enough for me :(
But I got one anyway and made it bigger.

Yes, what is it with the conspiracy to drive those of us with large hands out of the game?

When I bought my old racket (20 years or so ago) you could walk into your local pro shop and grab a racket with a 4 5/8" or even 4 3/4" grip off the shelf.

This time I had to go digging into the very back to find one that's a measly 4 1/2" that I can overwrap. I asked the guy if I could find or even order a 4 5/8" grip and he looked at me like I'd asked him to engage in conjugal relations with a goat. "4 5/8"? You mean a 4 1/2"?" he finally said.

I looked online and couldn't find any bigger grips at a number of places and finally gave up.

Did I miss some kind of an edict that smaller racket grips are somehow better for you?

Seriously, I'd don't know and would like to.

evinrude15
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:51 PM
yes I'm playing with the RDX 500 because of You Know Who ;) actually it's a quite good racket but for good player, I play in tournament , the racket had a lot of power you don't have to hit too hard , the ball leave the racket quite fastly with no need of big power and when you can hit a big one , well the ball goes very very fast. I like this racket and if Elena change I will also ;)

Chunchun
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:32 AM
:shrug: I know nothing about rackets, but i guess things won't change much even tho she changes her racket :tape:

JC Federer
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:20 AM
Changing your racquets is quite a serious thing... It takes time to adjust to them, and you may never make the adjustment. And you may need to relearn your strokes.

Pete Sampras was always afraid of changing his. He needed to get a bigger one to have better chances at the French, but he refused to change in case it might destroy his game.

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Elena does NOT need to change her rcket ,its the last thing she should do ,shes already changing her service motion and thats having an effect and will take ages to adjust ,so keep the Yonex RDX500 ,In Elenas hands its a thing of wonder!

Prizeidiot
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I can't stand Yonex rackets, and truly believe that the worst thing that ever happened to Lena and Prince was when they screwed up her contract, leaving T.O.B. to be the standard bearer for the original oversize.

(Horrible confession: I'm trading in my aged Prince for a new Shark Turbo. I actually considered going with the DB just so I wouldn't have the same racket T.O.B. endorses, but it's just too good a fit for me. Sorry to my other faves [Nastya and Roger] but I dislike Heads and Wilson almost as much as Yonex.)

On the other hand, my doubles partner uses a Yonex and thinks Princes are too heavy and stiff.
What is T.O.B? I'm guessing The Other Blonde?

I'm a prince person myself. I don't think the RDX 500 is too bad for Elena, considering that she's fairly strong.

But maybe a racket with more feel would be good for her. She doesn't really need power, maybe more control. Actually, why not one of those Babolat Aero Pro Drives? They're really really responsive to spins. She uses one of them, maybe her crappy slice second serve would be a weapon :p

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:20 PM
What is T.O.B? I'm guessing The Other Blonde?

Yes. T.O.B. refers to another slightly taller Russian blonde who plays a Prince and has been to half as many slam finals as Elena.

SloKid
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:25 PM
I always thought T.O.B stood for the obnoxious bitch :shrug:
Just kidding... :lol:

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:32 PM
thats a good one Slokid! and Prize "shes fairly strong" is a bit like saying the Atlanic Ocean is "fairly big" that is a huge understatement..

miffedmax
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:32 PM
I always thought T.O.B stood for the obnoxious bitch :shrug:
Just kidding... :lol:

It could stand for that if you want it to! :devil:

I really have nothing against Masha, except 1) Yuri's coaching and 2) she's not Lena.

Of course, #2 applies to the entire rest of the WTA.

leeber
Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:52 PM
is it good to use?? *curious*

Prizeidiot
Nov 4th, 2005, 07:51 AM
is it good to use?? *curious*
Depends.

It's a heavy racket, very stiff, so you can get power out of it, but not so much feel.

miffedmax
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Well, I finally got my hands on my Shark Turbo.

It is one sweet racket. I actually found myself thinking "Hey, maybe TOB isn't so bad if she's using this sweetheart." Then I returned to my senses.

Dementinator
Nov 4th, 2005, 03:11 PM
thank god for that