PDA

View Full Version : should elena stop for the season now or go on to phily/l a?

doujyr
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
do you think elena should go on to phily and/or l a?

(NB this was posted after her defeat at linz)

El Dirko
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:49 PM
She should stop now, have some rest, spend some time with a sports psychologist and then next year come back physically and mentally tougher than she's ever been.

evinrude15
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM
I think she was really really tired today , Every one see it on TV, she was smiled some time but she was really tired, like journalist say, see Elena like this is not goood, wta calendar is too hard, she need some rest I think for having a good 2006 year ;) and also a good train before

marmite1
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:05 PM
No.

giocab
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:43 PM
if she plays philly she'll kill herself, i mean, she can't possibly handle 5 tourneys in a row, plus the YEC, and lets face it, if she get very very very very very very lucky she get a spot from withdraws... but i'm not very confident... and with today's lost is possible that nadia manages to pass her...
so i think lena needs to rest now, i think she's mentally down at the moment too, so is best to lay low...
that's what i think anyway :)

Chunchun
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:50 PM
If she keeps play like this, then she must stop the season :angel:

she just has 67 pts to defend in LA anyway :crazy:

P.L.B.
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:33 AM
"I'm just going home now. Vacation is starting for me. It was a long season and I just feel so tired of travelling and flying, so I need some time at home with my family."

parn2257
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM
I think this is enough for her. She had a long season. She should get some rest after what she been and get ready for the next season. :worship:

Swiss Ivo
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:05 AM
"I'm just going home now. Vacation is starting for me. It was a long season and I just feel so tired of travelling and flying, so I need some time at home with my family."

By, by, P.L.B.!!! :wavey: :drive:
Have a nice time at home!!! :drool:
I think at moment about the same! :scratch:

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:23 AM
err sorry Ivo ,but P.L.B was qouting Elena there ,thats what she said in her interview yesterday :lol:

Perhaps he should have made that clearer! or maybes he IS off on Vacation too?

Swiss Ivo
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:32 AM
err sorry Ivo ,but P.L.B was qouting Elena there ,thats what she said in her interview yesterday :lol:

SORRY! :lol: :lol: :lol:

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:04 PM
If there is no YEC this year for her she will go there next year with no points to defend...

iced gem
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Yes, I think she should end the season now, have a nice long rest and come out ready to go in 2006. :bounce:

JC Federer
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:05 PM
She already decided she's going home.

I think she should have skipped Linz to play Philly instead.

She might still get called back to LA though.

Swiss Ivo
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:26 PM
The last news from Linz:
Lena is not going home!
She will go to Philedelphia 100%!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:29 PM
is that true?

doujyr
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:30 PM
yes, just heard that on eurosport commentary.

bad decision :confused:

Paco
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:31 PM
I don't think that Lena should play in Philly, but if it YEC will be place for her, why not?

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:32 PM
wellll perhaps she knows she has to go to LA anyways as standby ,so may as well play there ,maybe? well what ever ,we are behind her 100% she doesnt give up does she...

lovlenad
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Our girl is crazy. :unsure: :unsure:

May the luck and power with our super Lena!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:03 PM
well shes no ordinary girl is she ,can u REALLY see her sat on her pretty ass ,knitting or something for the next 8 weeks? Playing sudoku? watching DVDs? pootling around the house? no ,neither can I ,shes an all out Action girl ,extremely physical ,and likes playing.

I dont think shes gonna go hell for leather,she will simply see how it goes,maybe get a win or two in ,who knows ,I have faith in her descision..

P.L.B.
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:02 PM

:lol: No, my next vacation is not until December 23. I will be more clear next time!

evinrude15
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:56 PM
well shes no ordinary girl is she ,can u REALLY see her sat on her pretty ass ,knitting or something for the next 8 weeks? Playing sudoku? watching DVDs? pootling around the house? no ,neither can I ,shes an all out Action girl ,extremely physical ,and likes playing.

I dont think shes gonna go hell for leather,she will simply see how it goes,maybe get a win or two in ,who knows ,I have faith in her descision..

SNOWBOARD TIME :bounce: :bounce: :lol: :lol: and nastya behind in sledge (not sure it's the good words :( )

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 27th, 2005, 11:05 PM
No way .

Elena must be fight til' the end while some possibility exists

JC Federer
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:23 AM
Why the change of mind?

Dementieva-fan
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:09 AM
No!

Elena still can qualify for YEC....I mean Venus withdrew from Philly, Justine won't go...so there is a chance Elena will qualify!!

SloKid
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:29 AM
OK, so Lena could qualify, but is it really worth it?

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:02 PM
well ,i suppose it will mean she wil be there for the 6th year in a row ,not many have done that ,in fact shes the only one as far as I know.

If she gets to play ,there will be no pressure from me ,if she tanks badly ,dont care ,will be nice for her to at least have the chance ,but as long as she donsent push too hard...

Dementieva-fan
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:40 PM
OK, so Lena could qualify, but is it really worth it?

Yes sure...I mean every point should count even the YEC!!

But I don't know...it's Lena's decision so.. :angel: :angel:

evinrude15
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:45 PM
Can I change my choice for the "no" :lol: :lol: well finally she play philadelphia..........She is a surprise girl ;) :worship:

Mathijs
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:49 PM
Can I change my choice for the "no" :lol: :lol: well finally she play philadelphia..........She is a surprise girl ;) :worship:

hehehehe Evin ur not alone, i voted as well for no, but i guess there's no way we could or can change it :awww:

Dementinator
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:50 PM
so did I!! doesnt listen to her crew does she!

SloKid
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:07 AM
Now it is obvious that when she said those things in Linz she still had a hot head. Now when things have cooled down a bit she realized that the will to win is stronger then the fatigue I guess.
Go Lena go! :bounce:

Dementinator
Oct 29th, 2005, 08:54 AM
I have said this before about elena ,dont let the pretty face and big blue eyes fool you ,shes a big sweetheart ,but shes tough ,she knows what she wants and is not as passive as I think some think she is..

After her loss inLinz she was probably feeling low ,then she realised she still has a good chance ,and prob has to go to LA qualified or not ,so may as well pass thru Philly.

Dont get in Lenas way! she will squash you like a bug...

Kiss of Death
Nov 4th, 2005, 06:45 AM
'Course she should play on! It might've been a long season but, if she's fit, what's 2 more weeks? If she can psyche herself up she could actually do quite well in LA. The field is full of players with injury and/or mental doubts... she should make the most of her opportunity. Life's short.

JC Federer
Nov 4th, 2005, 02:35 PM
If she wins the championships, it would be the best season of her career.