PDA

View Full Version : Amelie To Do ATP Masters Series Paris Draw on Friday @ 18:00

pierce0415
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Paris-Bercy in brief

New withdrawals, new main draw entrances and Amélie Mauresmo to carry out the draw: get the latest news from Paris-Bercy.

The 20th BNP Paribas Masters tournament, which begins on Saturday 29th October on the courts of the Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy, has suffered five new withdrawals. They are the Swiss Roger Federer (torn right ankle ligament), Spain’s Rafael Nadal (tendonitis of the knee), the Russian Marat Safin (tendonitis of the knee), the American Andre Agassi (personal reasons), and the Spaniard Carlos Moya (injured right shoulder).

These withdrawals mean that Filippo Volandri (ITA), Gael Monfils (FRA), Davide Sanguinetti (ITA), Nicolas Massu (CHI) and Andrei Pavel (ROM) will now be included in the main draw for the BNP Paribas Masters 2005.

The Australian Lleyton Hewitt, meanwhile, has still not confirmed his participation to the organisers.

From the French perspective, Gael Monfils now joins Sebastien Grosjean in the main draw for the Parisian autumn tournament. Their numbers should soon be swelled by other French players benefiting from wildcards (due to be announced very shortly), while in the event of any further withdrawals, the next in line for entry to the tournament proper is Paul-Henri Mathieu.

Amelie Mauresmo to perform draw

French number one Amelie Mauresmo, currently taking it easy after a particularly packed season, is to carry out the draw for the BNP Paribas Masters 2005.

She will do so in the presence of the Chairman of the French Tennis Federation, Christian Bîmes, and Baudouin Prot, the BNP Paribas Chairman, on Friday 28th October at 18:00.

Bette_Midler
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :D

manu32
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:53 PM
poor tournament.....i remembered a few years ago the quality of bercy's.....not interesting now ....

Jenny.C.Fan
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:55 PM
this happened last year to paris and madrid indoors with loads of players pulling out. Great for ame to do the draw though :)

griffin
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Hmm. One the one hand, I find her willingness to work with the WTA, the FFT and tennis bodies in general to promote the sport admirable.

On the other, I wish she'd tell them to kiss her ass she's got enough of her own needs to deal with, go spend some quality time with her dog and get her head in gear to take care of her own tennis.

or maybe I just need coffee

timafi
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Hmm. One the one hand, I find her willingness to work with the WTA, the FFT and tennis bodies in general to promote the sport admirable.

On the other, I wish she'd tell them to kiss her ass she's got enough of her own needs to deal with, go spend some quality time with her dog and get her head in gear to take care of her own tennis.

:worship: :worship: :worship:
yeah agree with every words here,she does so much for the fft indeed

marmite1
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Its still kool.

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:48 PM
:)

améliemomo
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:49 PM
griffin you are completly right.

Hope Amé to make a good draw for the french players,especially Gael Monfils that I appreciate.

nemesi
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Hi everyone. :wavey:

Totally agree griffin. :worship:

flyingmachine
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:44 PM

I'm agree.

Lapin
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Thanks for the article pierce0415! :D

Amélie!! :yeah:

Pengwin
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:12 AM
Amelie :inlove:

Bette_Midler
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:20 AM
Hmm.

Yes Griff, you do need coffee! hahaha :devil: I don't agree with what has been said already. I think it is very important that Amélie helps at this sort of thing, that she is acknowledged in France for her support of the ATP masters series. Afterall, Momo loves Paris and all things French - the Master is French and in Paris, so Momo is a great choice of player to help at this occasion, and also it's great for the French Tennis Federation to use a WTA player to help promote this tournment. With all of the diva withdrawls of ATP players, it's very cool that Amelie wants to help promote the Paris Bercy tourney! :bounce: Also I'm sure over the years Momo has had a lot of money help from the FFT (and to give a little bit of her time is a positive thing) and of course, she gets publicity from it too! :D

Btw: Knowing the sort of person Amélie is, I'm sure she will have Sophia with her there, maybe she will even get her to lend a paw and assist with the draw too!! hahaha :lol:

griffin
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Yeah, I hope Sophia's there, too - and I hope she grabs her mama by the trouser leg and pulls her out of the room.

Like I said, I think it's admirable that she's willing to help. I just think she needs to do a better job of setting limits and saying "non" parfois.

now go get me a cup...and maybe a nice muffin, too ;)

marmite1
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Yeah, I hope Sophia's there, too - and I hope she grabs her mama by the trouser leg and pulls her out of the room.

Like I said, I think it's admirable that she's willing to help. I just think she needs to do a better job of setting limits and saying "non" parfois.

now go get me a cup...and maybe a nice muffin, too ;)

:lol:

Munchen
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:41 PM
Agassi, Marat & Roger all out. :(

Bumsby
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:51 PM
Maybe she's actually happy that they asked her, considers it a fun thing to do while she rests, and just doesn't want to think about her own tennis for a while.

marmite1
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Maybe she's actually happy that they asked her, considers it a fun thing to do while she rests, and just doesn't want to think about her own tennis for a while.

true: its not like it is strenuous to pick balls out of a bag (or however they do it in tennis).

timafi
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Yes Griff, you do need coffee! hahaha :devil: I don't agree with what has been said already. I think it is very important that Amélie helps at this sort of thing, that she is acknowledged in France for her support of the ATP masters series. Afterall, Momo loves Paris and all things French - the Master is French and in Paris, so Momo is a great choice of player to help at this occasion, and also it's great for the French Tennis Federation to use a WTA player to help promote this tournment. With all of the diva withdrawls of ATP players, it's very cool that Amelie wants to help promote the Paris Bercy tourney! :bounce: Also I'm sure over the years Momo has had a lot of money help from the FFT (and to give a little bit of her time is a positive thing) and of course, she gets publicity from it too! :D

Btw: Knowing the sort of person Amélie is, I'm sure she will have Sophia with her there, maybe she will even get her to lend a paw and assist with the draw too!! hahaha :lol:
well said :worship: :worship:
what a lucky damn dog that Sophia
my gosh I'm jalous of a dog :eek: :lol: :lol:
sorry I'm under meds folks :lol: :lol: :lol: