PDA

View Full Version : See? This is why my girl is separated from the Top Players.

Chunchun
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM
She just lacks consistancy. Look at Kim and Lindsay, they seldom lost, and they rarely lost at some early rounds. :rolleyes: If they meet some tough players, they still manage to pass through. Elena, on the other hand, can not control her form and play when she meets someone like Hantuchova, Schiavone, or Peschke.

She has been very consistent this year. She has quite a good spring season and then a horrible Clay/Grass/US Summer, then suddenly, she has some big wins from USO onwards, defeating Davenport, Clijsters and have some wins in Fed Cup final.

Finally, I hope Elena will just learn something from this, and play better from now! :D

marmite1
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:17 PM
I think she would be sooo soo much better if she can improve her server; im not implying that she hasnt already tried it.

No Name Face
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:19 PM
100% agree. she needs a coach...she is so supremely talented, not anyone wins a 6-2 set off of clijsters or a 6-1 on davenport or a 6-0 on capriati...

she is a headcase though. she doesn't go crazy but you can see she doubts herself. also, her game is so high risk that when she's off, she loses. she needs to develop her finesse game more...her dropshots are pretty bad sometimes. maybe a slice backhand too? and the serve? :help: who knows. she needs a coach....i could see her winning AO, FO, and USO with a coach..

goldenlox
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:26 PM
She's not consistent. That's why she made 2 slam finals in a year, but only won 1 tournament that whole year, and only 4 total.
Very talented athlete, but every match is an adventure.

miffedmax
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM
Lena D. is just a cruel, sadistic monster who loves to torture her fans.

It's almost become a test of wills: Lena D. trying to crush us all and us refusing to go away.

But hey. I'm a Cubs fan. I understand futility.

Elena, you can never defeat me. I will be loyal forever.

Sevenseas
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:54 PM
She just lacks consistancy. Look at Kim and Lindsay, they seldom lost, and they rarely lost at some early rounds. :rolleyes: If they meet some tough players, they still manage to pass through. Elena, on the other hand, can not control her form and play when she meets someone like Hantuchova, Schiavone, or Peschke.

She has been very consistent this year. She has quite a good spring season and then a horrible Clay/Grass/US Summer, then suddenly, she has some big wins from USO onwards, defeating Davenport, Clijsters and have some wins in Fed Cup final.

Finally, I hope Elena will just learn something from this, and play better from now! :D

Thatís exactly my argument about her, starting from the early days of her career to this day. Once Elena manages to keep her game in a consistent level continuously, she will get much better results than ever.
Iím very much disappointed with her loss today, but hopefully she will come back stronger next time. Just focus more, Elena!!! :D

Danči Dementia
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:49 PM
I hope during this vacations that she will go to work wtih richard krajicek and who knows maybe next year she will serve like a demon
GO LENA, GO I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER NO MATTER WHAT

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:55 PM
dementieva-krajicek need to be unseperable in terms of serve coaching

Sonja
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:58 PM

Classic line and perfect for another player I'm familiar with ;)

Thanks goldenlox!

stenen
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:08 PM
Classic line and perfect for another player I'm familiar with ;)

Now who could that be? :scratch: ;)
:rolls:

Maryamator
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:12 PM
i must admit elena is extremely talented her groundstrokes are like WOW her serve is starting to improve, she should be a lil more consistent..

vwfan
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:25 PM
is she finished for the year?

-Sonic-
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM
eurosport says she's going on vacation, so quite possibly.

Chunchun
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:01 PM
eurosport says she's going on vacation, so quite possibly.
awww no YEC :sad:

but it's good, she will probably lose 3 matches in a row again there :retard: :D

peanuts
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:22 AM
She's not consistent. That's why she made 2 slam finals in a year, but only won 1 tournament that whole year, and only 4 total.

Yeah. I couldn't agree more.

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:48 AM
The interesting and frustrating thing about Elena is that she doesn't differentiate or discriminate. You can never tell by her scorelines who she's playing and typically there aren't too many easy rounds. She can play some low seed and end up winning 7-6,4-6,7-6 then turn around and beat a top 20 player in straight sets. Summed up best by goldenlox.

SIN DIOS NI LEY
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:01 AM
In Elena I see that lack some which defines this sport: to take advantage of the opportunities that appear

To take advantage when the draws are opened, to take advantage when she is the seeded 1 or 2 in a tourney ( like this week ) , when your rival in a Grand Slam final is someone called Svetlana Kunetsova , etc , etc ..

Kunal
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:20 AM
she's got truck loads of talent.

she's gotta give 20% more than what she is giving right now.

switz
Oct 27th, 2005, 10:25 AM
yes but people have been saying this about Elena since the days of the Sanex board.

I remember after the year she made the US Open semis and Olympic final everyone said she was going to to move to the top 4 for next ten years. i almost got my head bitten off by some well known supporter for saying Elena might struggle to back up her results because her game had major weaknesses. She ended the year outside the top 15 from memory and has been up and down ever since.

nobody can say she doesn't have one of the best games at it's peak - but she's failed time and again to show she can reproduce. she's only got a couple of years to turn it around and have the career she should have.

she seems committed at least.

sixfeetfree
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:27 PM
She'll get it straightened out.... She has too much talent not to.