Oct 26th, 2005, 04:05 PM
eror parade from Lena

:fiery:

marmite1
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:06 PM
oh dear

jfk
Fantastic performance by Kveta! She did everything in that match....had pace and angles on her shots, played the net well, ran down every ball, etc. And she didn't choke (though helped by a terrible last game by Dementieva).

TheBoiledEgg
Kveta played good but then again she didnt have much to beat

Lena was awful at best :mad:

Dementieva-fan
:(:(:(:(:(

bis2806
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:07 PM
And Elena still thinks she can get to no.1 like this?

DragonFlame
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:08 PM
demolition, not really. elena played like crap :o she must be tired after all those tournie's:awww: the stupid lineman made 2 lousy mistakes to give kveta a break at 5-5 in the second set too!!!!!!!!!!!! :( she fought so hard for the YEC and now it's not even sure she gets in yet.... this sucks. this tournament is crap now.

Duramont
Elena :smash: :banghead: :help:

Fortunately I didn't bad on you! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Bye bye YEC for Elena! :hysteric: :crying2:

No one of my faves will play YEC this year! Oh I really miss fantastic year 2004 and hate this damn year 2005! :ras: :ras: :ras:

Congrats to Kveta Peschke though! :kiss:

martinafan
Kveta: GREAT result! :D

Good luck in your next match!!! :D

What a great comeback she's had this year! VERY impressive! :D

Pengttaya
Goddam she had a choiec to be interviewed in German or English and she chose German! goddam these cleevr players and their multilingual abilites

xXSarajevoXx
Kveta played very well :yeah: take the title!

jonny84
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:09 PM
This is a shocker! Elena needed to go far in Linz to have a stab at the YEC!!!

You have got to hand it to Kveta though! Playing really well.

Well this means now that Nadia does have a realistic stab at the title. No seeded players in her way to the final!!

Pengttaya
Does she play sugiyama next? if so she jhas a great chance of goin even further

rrfnpump
as I said before, Lena is not the same after her Clijsters-win
her serve is just horrible and gets worse in every match she plays
dont really know whats wrong with her after Filderstadt (Peng Shuai also was not the same after her Clijsters-win)

but Kveta played really good!
great win :hug:

Dementinator
well thats bad,lena blew her chance to win this ,gonna be crap now ,no players left worth a shit in this tourney...well done Kveta u played well

Elena ,have a rest now ,forget YEC ,take the season off adn come back in 2006..

köj-č
owww.. how horrible..!!! :fiery: :banghead: :bigcry:
i think she feels underpressured to safe her place in YEC... :sad:

but Kveta did a very good job! felicitation! ;)

lizchris
What a performance from Kveta! :eek: :bolt:

Congrats and good luck against either Sugiyama or Dulko! :kiss:

Elena :scared: I hope that your YEC place is safe :scared: If not then :smash:.

Right now, she is on the outside looking in. Venus can secure the last spot by playing in Philly and going deep in the tournament. If that happens, her only way of qualifying is if JHH or someone else withdraws.

blumaroo
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Kveta was outhitting Elena. Elena wasn't good but definitely not as bad as last week against Myskina. Hopefully Kveta won't lose the next round.

pierce0415
I think Elena still has a good chance for YEC :rolleyes: She will probably take WC for Philidelphia now after this result

Plus Nadia may lose 1R too :tape:

vutt
Well, I have been under impression that Elena D. is offensive player with powerful off the ground game. This match was anything but that.

Congrats Kveta!

No Name Face
keep throwing away potential titles elena... :rolleyes:

how can she beat clijsters, mauresmo, schynder, davenport, pierce and myskina in like two months and then lose to schiavone and peschke in draws where she has CAKEWALKS to the title?

UDACHi
YEC is gunna suck this year..

No offense but, PATTY SCHNYDER!? :fiery:

No Name Face
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM

at least she's consistent. elena has been brilliant recently and then she does this...if she doesnt make the YEC, it's definitely elena's fault. ugh. straight sets by peschke!? not to diss kveta, but elena was on form up until recently...

treufreund
Goddam she had a choiec to be interviewed in German or English and she chose German! goddam these cleevr players and their multilingual abilites

is she married to an Austrian or German? or lives in a german-speaking country? or both?

pierce0415
Elena D fans, I know it is better to be safe than sorry but RELAX, she will probably be in YEC somehow :D

Nadia is even more prone to throwing away titles she should win
Plus I really don't think Justine will be playing YEC and maybe Amelie will pull out also :devil:

DragonFlame
i'm so sad and mad :sad: :fiery: crappy tournament, and yec will probably be crappy now too... hate the damn injuryyear and this stupid 2005! it's been a horrible year for woman'stennis to my oppinion :mad:

Sevenseas
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:14 PM
What a terrible match that was!!!!! :eek: :mad: Elena!!!!! :sad: :mad: :sad:

jonny84
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:16 PM

But to be fair to Patty - she has had a brilliant season. Check out her WTA Bio for the year and you will see why she deserves to qualify for the YEC. :bounce:

UDACHi
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Elena D fans, I know it is better to be safe than sorry but RELAX, she will probably be in YEC somehow :D

Nadia is even more prone to throwing away titles she should win
Plus I really don't think Justine will be playing YEC and maybe Amelie will pull out also :devil:

I think Justine and someone else (Maria, Amelie, Nadia's supposedly hurt) will pull out so all Elena would need is a top 10 finish. She's got a tight grip on the top 10 and maybe top 9.

Hant11
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:17 PM
congratulations kveta

but elena :sad: :sad:

http://img431.imageshack.us/img431/6923/kveta2db.jpg

Lachrymarum
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
And Elena still thinks she can get to no.1 like this?
I know.....I don't get it. I like Elena and all....but she is way too inconsistent.
Really don't think she'll make it to the YEC (unless, of course, people pull out).

UDACHi
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:18 PM
But to be fair to Patty - she has had a brilliant season. Check out her WTA Bio for the year and you will see why she deserves to qualify for the YEC. :bounce:

But I like Elena better.. :sad: :lol: :angel:

rightous
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Good Job Kveta, good to see another veteran putting into some good later year performances:)

Bubba08
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:19 PM
the tournament won't have a great winner :eek:
so stupid, you had more than a chance to take part in YEC Lena :o
She should have played less and better :rolleyes:

jonny84
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
But I like Elena better.. :sad: :lol: :angel:#

I like Elena too!

Vut
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Elena :sad:

Bubba08
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:24 PM
so stupid, you had more than a chance to take part in YEC Lena :o
She should have played less and better :rolleyes:

davidmario
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:25 PM
is she married to an Austrian or German? or lives in a german-speaking country? or both?
She is married to a german, Thorsten Peschke. She lives in Berlin and in Prague it's 4 hours by car.
Eurosport didn't broadcast the interview:mad: What did she say?

Kveta has such an amazing pace:yeah:. She makes Dementieva's game look slow :lol:

I'm so happy right now. 17 winners compared to dementieva with 10.
And someone here said dementieva made tons of errors...Kveta comitted 31UEs and Dementieva 31, too;)
But Kveta had a net conversion of 20/28 :eek:

Go Kveta,:hug:

Knizzle
As expected.

LefandePatty

Hey, Patty is a great player :cool:

LefandePatty
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Lena :(
But that's a great win for Kveta :yeah:

Wojtek
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Kveta :woohoo:

pla
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
What can I say?! :sad: :fiery: Great win for Kveta, but this shouldn't be like this for Elena- please girl I know you won against Kim like this but you also lost the next round. Hire a coach that will give you the little thingy you need to be consistent.

doujyr
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM
on her form since beating clijsters elena does not deserve to get to l a.

also it's all gone bad since she made that announcement about being no 1. serve her right for being so arrogant.

:sobbing:

xan
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:33 PM
:fiery: Elena had a good chance to take this title!

She played badly against Sveta, no aggression, hitting everything out and double figures in double faults.

I think she was stunned by Sveta's really aggressive play from the start. Sveta was always putting on pressure, serving well, hitting hard acccrate shots, coming to net to close down points, and hitting a lot of good angles that kept Elena running round the court. There were a couple of signs of nerves from Sveta, but Elena couldn't take advantage and break serve.

Sveta won it by keeping up the pressure and never letting Elena settle. Elena was just not aggressive at all.

Mightymirza
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:35 PM
well anyways I think lena is getting tired after playing this much suddenly after the USO...I just hope she doesnt develop some injury..She should speculate how important is YEC for her..

améliemomo
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:37 PM
Glad to see that elena is an human being and not a machine.

Take some rest elena or you will be injured and really not play the YEC.

vettipooh
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Fantastic performance by Kveta! She did everything in that match....had pace and angles on her shots, played the net well, ran down every ball, etc. And she didn't choke (though helped by a terrible last game by Dementieva).I agree. She played quite a notch above Elena, who couldn't keep up with Kveta's pace. Did you see that drop shot which had Elena running like crazy and Kveta still hit a return winner, after Elena got to it? That was awesome. :sad: for Elena, but Kveta deserved the win.:yeah:

davidmario
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:42 PM
:fiery: Elena had a good chance to take this title!

She played badly against Sveta, no aggression, hitting everything out and double figures in double faults.

I think she was stunned by Sveta's really aggressive play from the start. Sveta was always putting on pressure, serving well, hitting hard acccrate shots, coming to net to close down points, and hitting a lot of good angles that kept Elena running round the court. There were a couple of signs of nerves from Sveta, but Elena couldn't take advantage and break serve.

Sveta won it by keeping up the pressure and never letting Elena settle. Elena was just not aggressive at all.
Her name is KVETA from Kvetoslava :fiery:

itzhak
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Lena will have to go to LA as alternative player. Justine doesn't want play YEC but she will have to pay lot of money so it is still in doubt. all the others will be there, so the question is How good will make Petrova- good tournament and she will be above Lena and in good position for YEC...

bellascarlett
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Gosh Elena just continues to blow perfect chances! While she may be tired, I really think this should have been a relatively easy tournament for her. Just unbelievable how she could let herself and others down like this. The losses could be attributed to the fact that she may be pressuring herself a little because in the past few tournaments, she's shown that she has done her best - winning matches - when you did not expect her to. And so much for announcing to the world that she'd be number one... :rolleyes: she spoke too soon...

miffedmax
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM
For 2006, I think Lena needs a serious coach, and a lighter schedule.

And she needs to play a few lower Tier tournaments to build up confidence in her retooled (partly) serve. Though you wouldn't know that from today's result.

Now I'm off to pound my head against the wall some more.

Brαm
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:50 PM
That's pretty bad for someone who thinks she can be no.1 :o :devil: ;)

partbrit
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:01 PM
Wow! I was so pleased for Kveta. I knew she could do it.

I am in Paris right now, and I can't tell you what a treat it is to turn on the TV almost any time and see WTA tennis. I saw the second set and wish I'd seen the entire thing.

Irish
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
I don't believe this... :sad:

Kveta, an impressive win. :D

Elena :sad: :eek:

DevilishAttitude
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:08 PM
Kveta :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Very capable of beating the op players on her day :D

Don't understand why all the Demented fans are shocked. Elena's not exactly consisent.

I'm sorry to say but you have been Kvetoslavainated :fiery: :)

Dexter
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:00 PM
OMG :eek: I can't believe it :eek: I mean it's like yay! Great victory Kveta - I'm fan of her so I'm quite happy. But it's so bad for Elena :( How it comes she can beat player like Kim Clijsters in such a great match and next she loses to Francesca, Kveta (nothing against them)

Good luck Kveta in the QF :yeah: :D

meyerpl
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM
A. It happens to every player, even number 1.

B. They all think they can be number 1. If not, they may as well stay home.

pla
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:11 PM

Oh please, you shoot to the one who's already down (to translate from another language). Very gallant :tape:

iced gem
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Oh dear Lena :mad: - I think she really needs a rest.....

But all credit to Kveta who played well and took her chances.

Maryamator
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:41 PM
go kveta:)

pav
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
That Pesky Kveta is destoying the Russian Federation(well some of Them anyway :sad: )well done to Her though!

I was :sad: ing too much to congratulate Her for Her win over a certain:sad: baby yesterday

gmak
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:45 PM
ugh lena :sad: :( :mad: i knew it :fiery:

i think she should take the rest of the year off and forget about LA

Jenny.C.Fan
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:03 PM
nice one kveta, you've almost guaranteed patty's place in la :).

dylan24
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:34 PM
way to go dementieva.
you'll surely win a GS just like momo
when hell freezes over

Scotso
Oct 26th, 2005, 10:49 PM
Amazing win, Kveta :worship:

keep up the great tournament :D

Pheobo
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:18 PM
LLEENNNAAAAA :sad:

patricktav2003
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
amazing Kveta back to back great victories !!!!!:):)<
so I think she do not need those chalengers to play in with those results

Munchen
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:16 AM
Elena :sad: :sad:

Penglover
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:30 AM
elena :nerner:

SS6888
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:13 AM
ELENA :fiery: :o better luck next time! kveta was too good for you today! i hope you still make yec! as for this tourney, patty or ana better take it!! :bounce:

@m@nd@
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:22 AM
what the fuk! :mad::fiery::o....elena....:sad:

LucasArg
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:35 AM
Well done Kveta!!! :worship: :worship: :worship:

Prizeidiot
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Well, I guess its a good thing if Elena doesn't qualify for the YEC then...

She probably shouldn't have even player Linz

Have a rest

hwanmig
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Elena sucks, I will not support her anymore. Just like JCF, Elena won't receive support from me until she fixes whatever thing that prevents her from winning. Hasta Luego Lena

:cool:Richard Gasquet:cool:

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Elena sucks, I will not support her anymore. Just like JCF, Elena won't receive support from me until she fixes whatever thing that prevents her from winning. Hasta Luego Lena

:cool:Richard Gasquet:cool:

and I am sure Elena lies awake at night worrying about that! :lol:

good to know who the true fans are ,first sign of trouble and off they go! well bye bye and dont bother comming back Either when things improve..

hwanmig
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:53 PM
and I am sure Elena lies awake at night worrying about that! :lol:

good to know who the true fans are ,first sign of trouble and off they go! well bye bye and dont bother comming back Either when things improve..

Elena had her chances, and FYI I was a true fan of Elena, And I mean from the first time I saw her play. That was in the 4th round of the US open 2003 against Capriati. That match really had me started to watch and play tennis mostly because Elena had the most unbelievably gorgeous body I had ever seen. But I think its time I actually expend my emotions to someone who actually makes effort to improve there game. Elena still makes tons of DF and her serve is still a liability despite all the talk of improving it.

and I am sure Elena lies awake at night worrying about that! :lol:Frankly she wont mind if she lose you too.

first sign of trouble and off they go!First sign, more like hundreds of em wrap in nice packages of double faults.

I support players based on whether they are convenient for me to do so. I see my emotions as investments and so far I have not rip the same Return Of Investment as The Williams fan, the Belgians Fan, Amelie's, Mary and many others. But I would be lying if I said I'd ignore here completely, I just wouldn't care anymore if she wins or not.

:cool:RICHARD GASQUET:cool:

Dementinator
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:07 PM
Elena had her chances, and FYI I was a true fan of Elena, And I mean from the first time I saw her play. That was in the 4th round of the US open 2003 against Capriati. That match really had me started to watch and play tennis mostly because Elena had the most unbelievably gorgeous body I had ever seen. But I think its time I actually expend my emotions to someone who actually makes effort to improve there game. Elena still makes tons of DF and her serve is still a liability despite all the talk of improving it.

Frankly she wont mind if she lose you too.

First sign, more like hundreds of em wrap in nice packages of double faults.

I support players based on whether they are convenient for me to do so. I see my emotions as investments and so far I have not rip the same Return Of Investment as The Williams fan, the Belgians Fan, Amelie's, Mary and many others. But I would be lying if I said I'd ignore here completely, I just wouldn't care anymore if she wins or not.

:cool:RICHARD GASQUET:cool:

ike I said ,who gives a flying fuck!

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:14 PM
No comment on this match...

parn2257
Oct 28th, 2005, 06:48 AM
elena had the best chance to win this, but it was just a bad day for her I guess