PDA

View Full Version : Maria Sharapova featured in Italian Vogue (October) Pictures inside.

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Here are the pictures I found. :D

http://www.mariaworld.net/iv.jpg

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan181.jpg

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan182.jpg

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan183.jpg
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan187.jpg

:kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick:

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan186.jpg

:kiss: :hearts:

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan185.jpg

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan184.jpg

:kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick:

Sorry if this has already been posted. :angel:

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:35 PM

This is my favourite :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :inlove:

Williams Rulez
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:37 PM
wow... they're gorgeous... :hearts:

JuchuKai
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:41 PM
:drool: :lick:

Munchen
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:43 PM
:drool: They are different, she does look beautiful in the pics though.:hearts:

Dementirilenko
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Extremly beautiful pics, thx for that.

adam_ads_n
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
She certainly looks much better than live :P

PamShriver
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
WOW!!! She is SMOKIN!!!:smoke:

In my mind Maria is the most beautiful creature to ever pick up a racket!

aNYthing
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Those are definately some hot pics...

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:05 PM
HOT! HOT! HOT! :devil:

"MMMM....Nicest Legs Ive seen in a while " :drool:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:07 PM
WOW!!! She is SMOKIN!!!:smoke:

In my mind Maria is the most beautiful creature to ever pick up a racket!

Yes, i 2nd that! ;)

Dementieva is another natural beauty! :hearts: :hearts:

ToeTag
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I have a different opinion.
Maria is a lovely girl, but not in those pics. So-called "fashion" magazines have a really bad habit of making good looking women and girls look hung over or like crack-heads.

:rolleyes: @ the photographer and the nymrods who publish these types of pics and mags.
I would really love to see some nice black and white pics of Maria. Some glamour stuff...like they did back in the 40's.

Chriskip
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:43 PM
I agree with Rbc......plus Maria does not appear to be naturally photogenic. Her poses, even the most casual, always seem forced, its almost like you can see them physically putting her in the position they want and begging her to STAY THERE

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I third that, those look like the pics that didn't make the cut.

Mudbone
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Thats not beauty in my neck of the woods!!!! Terrible photos by the way!!

MrDouble Faulter
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:08 PM
gorgeous!

Hant11
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:12 PM
beautiful photos! i wait the hqs :)

marmite1
2nd from last foto looks awful.

DA FOREHAND
HOT! HOT! HOT! :devil:

"MMMM....Nicest Legs Ive seen in a while " :drool:
bitter LOL

LOOK AT HER ALL HUNCH over like that. sorry that's not putter her best foot forward

Munchen
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:18 PM
bitter LOL

LOOK AT HER ALL HUNCH over like that. sorry that's not putter her best foot forward

You are still attacking posters in other threads, how ridiculous. :rolleyes: :o

You seriously need to grow up and keep your arguments in other threads. foxylicious wasn't asking for your opinion. :)

MrDouble Faulter
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:20 PM

You seriously need to grow up and keep your arguments in other threads. foxylicious wasn't asking for your opinion. :)

dont worry about them bitter people :worship:

Majeka
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
The one photo saying "smashing beauty" isn't all that bad. The smokey eyes look is cool but I don't like the other pictures because they look unnatural.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:28 PM

nor am i asking for yours... :tape:

Belmont Lad
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:42 PM
second pick is the best one, she looks extremely good. Maria is a pretty girl, but most of the poses look wooden and forced and her eyes look a little dead. not really the right kind of layout for her. but still, nice to see a different look. now if she had done the layout in italian vogue with dani last year in the same kind of clothes and poses, that would have been hot!

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM
3RD PIC LOOKS like she was a cock tease and some dude threw her out of his car.

She would be eleminated from ANTM

bellascarlett
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM

These two are beautiful. They should have kept it to two pages then and not gone overboard with the dark theme. And funniest of all is how out of place the sneakers look in the pictures where Maria is wearing them! :lol: Maria is really model material but like I said in another thread, she really has to work on expanding the number facial expressions she makes in these fashion photos as they are selling her as not just a sports star but someone who could potentially be a great model. Some poses look so awkward and not in a good modely way.

SJW
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:03 PM
i dont like them. she looks like a crackhead. she's much prettier than these pictures would suggest. her poses are awful. sack the photographer, you have Maria Sharapova in black and white. how he managed to fuck that one up i dont know.

Rocketta
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I don't know what to say.....:tape:

Maria is very pretty but how does a photographer manage to turn a vibrant 18 year old into the walking dead? :scared: Maybe that's what's in this season???? :scratch:

Don't blame Canada or Maria blame the photographer...;)

tennisluver99
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:30 PM
She looks stoned.

new-york
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:32 PM
she looks different, i really like those, the b&w, nice.

esp this one.

~~*Elena.D*~~
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:49 PM
wow...hot!

AngelaHaynesFan
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM

esp this one.

Quick! Call the physio, she's suffering from tennis elbow.

AngelaHaynesFan
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:00 PM
She's very beautiful but, why is she impersonating Dinara Safina in the 6th photo?

MrDouble Faulter
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:03 PM
notices how all the people who bash her and williams haters?

*laughs out loud*

u know, maria would still look better than V & S even if she was bald and hit by a bus ;)

bellascarlett
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:06 PM
eeew is that last picture a see through dress? it could probably be the strong lights causing her boob to show through.

faboozadoo15
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:11 PM
i think theres an artsy flair about thesde pictures, but they certainly aren't the most peutiful picures we've seen of her.
her legs are just amazing though... absolutely the best.

squash
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:33 PM
These pictures do Maria no justices! What silly photos!

dania
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:36 PM
She looks O.K.,not the best pics I`ve seen of her,but they`re O.K.

Mike_T
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.mariaworld.net/scan184.jpg

Looks like she’s flashing a nip. Any HQ’s?

TatiAnnahølic
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:55 PM
I'm sorry but she looks like a Zombie :scared:

le bon vivant
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:59 PM

If I wasnt an uber Serena fan, this would sho'll be my avatar right now. :o

decemberlove
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:01 PM
I like them. They are different from the usual bubblegum pop photos she does. The sneakers need to go, though. Ick.

She should get her hair done like that more often.

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:25 PM
pretty typical artsy high fashion vogue shots....

maria doesn't look bad i just don't really like them

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:35 PM
hey she stole my shoes! :lol:

wipeout
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:15 PM
Photographer: "I want more slouching! Look grumpier! That's it!"

Most of the photos don't really do Maria justice. The close-up is good though.

The Daniela ones were ever stranger as you mostly couldn't see her face... so what's the point of her even being there?

Infiniti2001
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I have a different opinion.
Maria is a lovely girl, but not in those pics. So-called "fashion" magazines have a really bad habit of making good looking women and girls look hung over or like crack-heads.

:rolleyes: @ the photographer and the nymrods who publish these types of pics and mags.
I would really love to see some nice black and white pics of Maria. Some glamour stuff...like they did back in the 40's.

Exactly!! It's like all those Gwyneth Paltrow spreads where they have to make her up and light her like she's someone else entirely in order to promote the myth that she's beautiful. Call me a hater, but those pics don't even remotely look like Maria-- must be some newbie photographer :rolleyes:

tennisluver99
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Only good thing about the photos is the good airbrushing job on the zits.

Maria Croft
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:36 PM
I love them :hearts:

This look is so different, it's really beautiful :kiss:

Andy.
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:42 PM
Hot pix and great legs

Dominic
Oct 26th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Woohoo she looks gorgeous. Actually the only thing negative about the pics is that they're in black and white.

PaulieM
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:41 PM
she looks nice in most of the pics, although she makes the same face in most of them, a little to constipated/angr,y miss tyra would not approve;) the first(title picture) picture, and the last picture are the best ones, she looks pretty. :)

dinhd82
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:00 AM
i dont really like these pics

RVD
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:04 AM

If I wasnt an uber Serena fan, this would sho'll be my avatar right now. :oThis is the only pic that I can truly call beautiful. She has sweet features here. Her eyes are sexy and smoldering, and her lips are damn near perfection. A very sexy pic for sure

All the others look like she's definitely on crack. What's up with that?!

Dan23
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:34 AM

please grow up :rolleyes:

Dan23
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:37 AM

If I wasnt an uber Serena fan, this would sho'll be my avatar right now. :o
instead you have some old guy?? :o :scratch:

;)

Munchen
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:55 AM
pretty typical artsy high fashion vogue shots....

maria doesn't look bad i just don't really like them

Exactly :wavey: They are 'typical vogue artsy pictures'

Not the best Photos of Maria, but they are very different from what she has done in the past. :)

I don't think many posters read Vogue or have read it before. ;)

ampers&
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:02 AM
I think she looks HOT.
:drool: :hearts:

Pengwin
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:06 AM
i dont like them. she looks like a crackhead. she's much prettier than these pictures would suggest. her poses are awful. sack the photographer, you have Maria Sharapova in black and white. how he managed to fuck that one up i dont know.

:SJW: :SJW:

Orion
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:24 AM
They're mixed. Artistically, the theme is better than Hantuchova's shoot last year, but they setup isn't as nice. Hantuchova's were high-fashion, ultra-planned shoots, and Maria's seem a little...scattered. The shoes need to be consistent.

She's got a lovely face, and those legs are knockout. Venus and Anastasia have some competition...

@m@nd@
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:31 AM
she looks hawt

go hingis
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:32 AM
She looks beautiful, Maria Next top tennis star and next top model. lol

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 27th, 2005, 03:03 AM

:retard:

Grow Up. :rolleyes:

Krystell
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:05 AM
I don't know what to say.....:tape:

Maria is very pretty but how does a photographer manage to turn a vibrant 18 year old into the walking dead? :scared: Maybe that's what's in this season???? :scratch:

Don't blame Canada or Maria blame the photographer...;)

PEOPLE, let me give you a clue, it's called ART, that is ART photography, she's supposed to look "different" the poses are supposed to look "posed", the vibe is supposed to be artifical and dark. Those pics weren't supposed to make her look all natural or sunny, like some teen magazine ad promoting toothpaste! She looks fantastic and I like the photographer's artistic vision...........

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:58 AM
PEOPLE, let me give you a clue, it's called ART, that is ART photography, she's supposed to look "different" the poses are supposed to look "posed", the vibe is supposed to be artifical and dark. Those pics weren't supposed to make her look all natural or sunny, like some teen magazine ad promoting toothpaste! She looks fantastic and I like the photographer's artistic vision...........

wow, I didn't know that....I've never seen an art picture before...:tape:

btw, that was sarcasm....I know what it's suppose to be and frankly I love b&w art photos but those suck...

Xanadu11
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:12 AM
She looks nice, but you could probably get alot of the tall, thin, normal looking WTA girls, without any irregular feartures and make them look like that.

I am not a hater, i really like Maria but beauty magazines piss me off.

gentenaire
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:44 AM

btw, that was sarcasm....I know what it's suppose to be and frankly I love b&w art photos but those suck...

I couldn't agree more.

drake3781
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:46 AM

I agree, I think they suck, and it's not cause I don't appreciate art photos or know what Vogue is like.

morningglory
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:01 AM
again Maria looks like a seductive vampire.... dunno... It's ok I guess...
but I don't think the 'dark and shabby' look suits Maria that much... I love it better when she smiles

Rub
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:03 AM
:hearts:

tennis aus
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:51 AM
awesome pics!

cindy
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:21 AM
this pics are great the photographe have done a great job!!! realy
I can't understand the ones who think that the pics "suck"...she is perfect on it esp the one where she is wearing a jean's...

skanky~skanketta
Oct 27th, 2005, 02:42 PM
i'm not feeling them. she should really wear better stuff seeing that she has a fantastic figure.

patricktav2003
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:06 PM
The pics are pretty but i think they are making Maria looking to old!!!
yeah she is 18 !! hello she can look 18 not 30

Krystell
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:15 PM

You think they "suck" that's your opinion and your welcome to it. Alot of other people appreciate the photographer taking some chances with the mood and poses. I think she looks wonderful, and I think these photos came off well. Unfortunately, from reading most of the bashing comments here, it's easy to see that alot of people here don't really "get it" when it comes to fashion and art photography.
Either that or they just want to bash, Maria. Either one doesn't surprise me.

Rocketta
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:36 PM
You think they "suck" that's your opinion and your welcome to it. Alot of other people appreciate the photographer taking some chances with the mood and poses. I think she looks wonderful, and I think these photos came off well. Unfortunately, from reading most of the bashing comments here, it's easy to see that alot of people here don't really "get it" when it comes to fashion and art photography.

I know it's my opinion that's why I gave it....and there are just as many people who hate this photographer's vision as those who love it. I don't have a problem with you loving the pictures. Could dislike of Maria cloud a person's opinion? Sure just as much as liking Maria clouds people's opinions.

For the record, I think the photographers use of slouching positions with the dour look on her face to be contrived...I also think the use of the black make-up around the eyes to repetitive. I dislike the fact that this photographer took a female who is very tall and chose the most slouchy positions possible instead of finding a vision that could somehow possible incorporate the beauty of being tall and strong. I think the concept of the sallow drug nymph has been done ad nauseum. However, what I dislike the most about these photos is that they scream to me "Hey I'm a cool on the cutting edge photographer"...which of course makes them not cool and hardly cutting edge...imho.

So, I'm glad you like them...I'm glad you think they are great....I don't. :shrug:

charmedRic
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Very artistic.

SJW
Oct 27th, 2005, 09:58 PM

so you think people are welcome to their own opinion...but if they think the pictures suck they know nothing about fashion and art photography?

righhhhhhhht

F-R-E-A-K
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:10 AM
Fuck Off arguing in my Thread. :)

Everyone has their own opinion.

!<blocparty>!
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:15 AM
The sneakers need to go, though. Ick.

LMAO. I was amazed nobody had picked up on this on the opening page. I thought I was gonna be the first person to mention it :p

You're right though, the trainers look fucking awful, so out of place. The one with the jeans is actually pretty good, but then you look at her shoes.

They're not too bad overall though, I love the one King. quoted.

tennisIlove09
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:17 AM
Wow. She looks hot

Krystell
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:18 AM
so you think people are welcome to their own opinion...but if they think the pictures suck they know nothing about fashion and art photography?

righhhhhhhht

I think if a person freaks out about the dark tone and odd postures and plays on darkness and light, and the avant garde presentation, it's obvious they don't know much about Art photography. So yes, I think they probably don't know much about it. But they are welcome to think the pictures suck, if they want to!

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I think if a person freaks out about the dark tone and odd postures and plays on darkness and light, and the avant garde presentation, it's obvious they don't know much about Art photography. So yes, I think they probably don't know much about it. But they are welcome to think the pictures suck, if they want to!

:haha:

and let me guess the posters who are saying she looks awesome....they know all about Art Photography...right? :lol:

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2005, 12:35 AM

oh btw, someone who doesn't think art photography is very subjective and one person's good is another's junk doesn't know much about art photography either. :rolleyes:

Krystell
Oct 28th, 2005, 01:02 AM
oh btw, someone who doesn't think art photography is very subjective and one person's good is another's junk doesn't know much about art photography either. :rolleyes:

Not really. Because alot of the complaints were about the style of the photos and the poses. And that's a certain genre of photos, it's a certain "art form" within photography. It would be like bitching about an Impressionistic painter because the painting was too ethereal or too non-realistic. DUH! All reactions to Art are subjective..... but it would be more intelligent for the person to just say they hate that type of Photography rather than dissing the photos for those elements and saying it made Maria look like she was on "crack" or whatever.

middy
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Gorgeous pictures, she looks really good

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2005, 03:13 AM
Not really. Because alot of the complaints were about the style of the photos and the poses. And that's a certain genre of photos, it's a certain "art form" within photography. It would be like bitching about an Impressionistic painter because the painting was too ethereal or too non-realistic. DUH! All reactions to Art are subjective..... but it would be more intelligent for the person to just say they hate that type of Photography rather than dissing the photos for those elements and saying it made Maria look like she was on "crack" or whatever.

get real...you don't get to decide what's an appropriate reason to not like a photo...Lord...:lol:

Junex
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:07 AM
get real...you don't get to decide what's an appropriate reason to not like a photo...Lord...:lol:

I agree with Krystell and i guess its you who had to stop acting like you knew anything and get real..... :rolleyes:

photoshoot is not only what gets to appear in the magazine..these are a lot of takes maybe hundreds or more, so its not fair to say the photographer sucks because the look of the model is not right. FYI, its not the photographer who decides what gets to be on the magazine...just so you know, there are a bunch of people othe than the editor.

the make-up...why does Maria look like a "crackhead"...or a "zombie"...
haven't you realized that maybe that was the main theme of this photography?

and besides, it isn't the photographers fault, he didn't do the make-up...

but the angles are perfect...and the lightings and the B&W classical goth aspect is impressive...

but whatever...anyone who believes that Serena Williams is a good designer doesn't know about fashion anyway....

so expected..... :wavey:

Rocketta
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:22 AM
I agree with Krystell and i guess its you who had to stop acting like you knew anything and get real..... :rolleyes:

photoshoot is not only what gets to appear in the magazine..these are a lot of takes maybe hundreds or more, so its not fair to say the photographer sucks because the look of the model is not right. FYI, its not the photographer who decides what gets to be on the magazine...just so you know, there are a bunch of people othe than the editor.

the make-up...why does Maria look like a "crackhead"...or a "zombie"...
haven't you realized that maybe that was the main theme of this photography?

and besides, it isn't the photographers fault, he didn't do the make-up...

but the angles are perfect...and the lightings and the B&W classical goth aspect is impressive...

but whatever...anyone who believes that Serena Williams is a good designer doesn't know about fashion anyway....

One, I think the photos shown here stink, suck...that's my opinion...don't like it...:shrug:

Two, I clearly pointed out I did not like the photographer's vision .... here's a shocker that's my opinion.

Three, what does Serena have to do with these photos?

Four, find a post where I called Serena a great designer...you'll be hard pressed to find a post by me discussing Serena designs other than liking it or not liking it....which I've come down on both sides of the fence.

Five, for you to even attempt to bring Serena up....lame and childish. No one even put down Maria but Lord if you don't worship at the alter of these photos there's an issue...

Seven, haven't you realized by now it's the photographers theme & composition that I don't like by now? Duh! :retard:

Eight, certain people's need to have someone who doesn't like the photos say that they do has extended the negativity in the thread much longer than it needed to be but...oh well...if you want to continue the discussion. :lol:

and finally...

Nine, speaking of expected....the "well Serena is blah blah blah" argument was expected..... and so so so so L-A-M-E and must be a stock answer because if you knew what you were talking about you would know that argument has nothing to do with me. :rolleyes:

cheo23
Oct 28th, 2005, 04:56 AM

http://www.mariaworld.net/scan183.jpg
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

:kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick: :kiss: :hearts: :drool: :lick:

Oh my GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool: :lick: :drool: :worship: :hearts:

Thanks FREAK For these Wonderful pictures of Miss Maria Sharapova

She looks absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!

Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

& Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Go Miss MASHA!!! WE LOVE U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hearts:

Sharapower
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:45 AM
The photos make her look very "sexual" ...

I love it !!!

TF Chipmunk
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:59 AM
Those poses are....:unsure: special...:scratch:

But her facial expressions :tape:

I liked the first one though, and then it all went downhill there :o

ceiling_fan
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:44 AM

esp this one.

"ow my arm"

leinink
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
I like them. They are different from the usual bubblegum pop photos she does. The sneakers need to go, though. Ick.

She should get her hair done like that more often.

I agree. I think it speaks well for the photographer that she looks like she actually has a deep personality.

gentenaire
Oct 28th, 2005, 05:52 PM

Avant garde? It's not as if he's tried something knew, as if he's being original. Like one of the first in this thread remarked, these days it's common for photographers to make their models look like crack whores, with those silly 'sultry' looks, and it's a trend several in this thread don't like. So because we don't like this trend, we know nothing about art?
And it's not only that it's hardly original, the poses simpy don't work for Maria. A good photographer will do everything to make the model look good. When he notices the model isn't comfortable with certain poses, he should let the model try other poses. He didn't do this here. He didn't use the model as an inspiration, he simply wanted a certain look, whether the model looked good in it or not. His so called 'artistic' vision took priority over Maria and that is wrong, IMO. The first picture is nice, all the others suck!

SJW
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:35 PM

classic example of someone who has no argument. Serena has nothing to do with this thread, retard.

carot
Oct 28th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Lorenzo Bringheli knows his stuff, excellent pics! :cool: More please!

DragonFlame
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:28 PM
it looks like she's being possesed by a demon or something:scary: her eyesliner, the poses, the mascara it's to my oppinion nothing for maria. i really don't think this fits maria. they should have done it totally different in my oppinion. she looks much better when they show her as a young beauty or a sophisticated girl. when i look at these foto's i really don't see maria. she looks evil why i think lust, desire and young would fit her much better. :) i like only 2 of those pictures. hope they image her a lot different next time...

bellascarlett
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Well I guess that was clearly the point - for maria to somehow be unrecognizable. And obviously, whether people like it or not, it worked. Maria's probably tired of doing her usual I'm-a-beautiful-tennis-player shoots. She enjoys modeling I think and probably loved exploring a different side of it. And I don't think she was thinking of pleasing everyone when she did this.

Krystell
Oct 28th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Avant garde? It's not as if he's tried something knew, as if he's being original. Like one of the first in this thread remarked, these days it's common for photographers to make their models look like crack whores, with those silly 'sultry' looks, and it's a trend several in this thread don't like. So because we don't like this trend, we know nothing about art?
And it's not only that it's hardly original, the poses simpy don't work for Maria. A good photographer will do everything to make the model look good. When he notices the model isn't comfortable with certain poses, he should let the model try other poses. He didn't do this here. He didn't use the model as an inspiration, he simply wanted a certain look, whether the model looked good in it or not. His so called 'artistic' vision took priority over Maria and that is wrong, IMO. The first picture is nice, all the others suck!

Photographers, even in high fashion, are not always trying to make the model look "good"....... sometimes they go for the freakish, the strange, the bizarre, in their work. It's part of the art. But in my opinion, the photos look great, and they are rather avant garde, because he's taking a tennis player that has a youthful wholesome look, (and athletes don't have the heroin chic image that healthy athletes do!) and presenting her in this really goth way that we're not used to with some photos that even suggest some things that are unexpected. And the shoes are a nice touch. I think Maria looks great, it would be hard for any photographer to make her look "bad" anyway.

Munchen
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:52 PM
Lorenzo Bringheli knows his stuff, excellent pics! :cool: More please!

Hooray!! :bounce: :bounce:

Junex
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:18 PM
classic example of someone who has no argument. Serena has nothing to do with this thread, retard.

Serena's "fashion design" has nothing to do with this yes, but its a good medium to gauge the Royal court's fashion sense which unfortunately is zero, none.....

and oh i have an argument, you only forgot to quote it.... :wavey:

s#!t+y head!!!! :p

DA FOREHAND
Oct 31st, 2005, 12:43 PM
shitty head? that's new

SJW
Oct 31st, 2005, 01:07 PM
Serena's "fashion design" has nothing to do with this yes, but its a good medium to gauge the Royal court's fashion sense which unfortunately is zero, none.....

did i even say she was a great designer? no, so you have no reason to bring Serena into this thread. :retard: and i highly doubt you have a better fashion sense than me, that i'd put my house on.

Portobello
Oct 31st, 2005, 01:25 PM

this pic's so damn hot :hearts: :kiss:

thesupernova
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:27 PM
does anyone have the actual magazine? i looked on ebay and cant find it. PM me if you do and we'll talk $$$

le bon vivant
Oct 31st, 2005, 05:30 PM

I love when they (haters) respect the title. :drool:

F-R-E-A-K
Nov 4th, 2005, 05:32 AM
this pic's so damn hot :hearts: :kiss:

My fave aswell! :hearts: