PDA

View Full Version : 2006: Third Year of Belgian-Williams Combo?

Paneru
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Think we'll see it for the third
time this coming year?

Australian Open: Serena Williams
French Open: Justine Henin-Hardenne
Wimbledon: Serena Williams
US Open: Justine Henin-Hardenne

Wimbledon: Venus Williams
US Open: Kim Clijsters

I'd personally like for a Kim/Venus
06' ala 03' Justine/Serena. :cool:

With Venus retaining Wimbledon
and winning one of the two she
hasn't yet.

kaki
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I would like Vee to win 3:OZ,the french and wimbledon.Some on can dream,don't badrep me for my wishes.Thanx

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:29 PM
Venus wins AO & WIM :hearts:

Kimmie FO & US :kiss:

I really want Kimmie or Venus to win AO! :bounce:

Williams Rulez
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:55 PM
if they're healthy... i think so! :)

justine has had such amazing results on clay... venus is clearly e best on grass... with serena and kim being great on hardcourts... so i think its possible... :)

-VSR-
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:37 PM
I would LOVE for Venus to win Wimbledon and AO/FO!

timafi
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:38 PM
time this coming year?

hasn't yet.

Naustradadumbass :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shonami Slam
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:56 PM
well - Amelie, Lindsay and one random russian will have thier say regarding the AO.
RG is the Justine territory, but Petrova has shown great results there in the past, Amelie might finally break her home-town spell and Pierce is so strong there.
the Wimbledon tourny is always going to be about lindsay, sharapova and venus - but I think Kuznetsova might find herself at home there, just my feeling.
and the USopen - if it doesn't go Lindsay's way i'll be so sad. Elena D always has a say there while Kim proved she feels home on hardcourts.

it might all go for a grand slam, it might be taken by 3 different russians again - it won't be a belguim/williams affair again, that's what i feel.

AkademiQ
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Want Venus to repeat at Wimbledon and win something she hasn't already. Serena I would love to see win the US Open.

timafi
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Mauresmo has a greater chance at winning Wimbledon before she stops choking and wins RG
when she wins Wimbly,then the choking fest will stop and she'll show some balls and win RG

vwfan
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:09 PM
time this coming year?

hasn't yet.
That would be nice, althought I'd prefer Venus to win the first three of the year and then have Serena and Kim battle it out for the U.S. Open!

vwfan
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Three titles for Venus are what I'd like to see most; if she gets these, everything else is gravy!
Australian Open, Antwerp and the diamond racket, and Wimbledon.

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I hope not.

Bubba08
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM
It would be better for the tour if this doesn't happen, if there could have first GS winner and other unexpected, it would be more entertaining :D

jonny84
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure if it will happen to be honest. I think that a Russian will win a slam again - possibly Sharapova winning at Wimbledon again. Maybe Dementieva or Mauresmo will break their duck and win their maiden Grand Slam.

Sir Stefwhit
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Well since two of the four happen to be my favorite players I'd be dancing on the clouds if Kim and Serena not only took all the slams in 06, but battled it out in the finals of all four slams.

The likelyhood of that is slim, but a boy can dream...

Knizzle
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:29 PM
How about another year of Williams/Williams domination, with them splitting the 4 slams??

Paneru
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Naustradadumbass :lol: :lol: :lol:

:retard: :p

Jen&RobbyFan
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:14 PM
nah... how about an all american? :devil:

Aussie Open: Serena
French Open: Venus
Wimbledon: Lindsay
Us Open: Jen

;) :p

LeRoy.
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:19 PM
i want another '02 from Serena :D

Havok
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:20 PM
It's likely. There are really only a handful of players who can beat the 4 mentioned above (Davenport, Sharapova, Pierce or maybe Dementieva if she gets hot or Mauresmo if her head is actually screwed on for a big slam match). I think Clijsters is a given, Venus is a bit of a question mark, but Serena needs some rededication/fitness to do, and Justine just needs to stop catching virus after virus :o.

SJW
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:20 PM
i want another '02 from Serena :D
that would be better. or at worst let Venus and Kim win one each :)

LeRoy.
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:23 PM
I'd love this

AO
Serena def. Venus 6-1 6-1

RG
Serena def. Justine 6-2 6-1

Wim
Serena def. Maria 6-0 6-1

US Open
Serena def. Kim 6-2 6-2

LeRoy.
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:25 PM
that would be better. or at worst let Venus and Kim win one each :)

Yeah :yeah: that would be OK ;)

Havok
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:29 PM
I'd love this

AO

RG

Wim

US Open
Serena def. Kim 6-2 6-2
That would SUCK (not the winner, the aweful scorelines).

jenny161185
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:30 PM
If It happens which I think It easily could do - Id say it will go -

Oz Open - Kim

French Open-Justine

Wimbledon - Venus

USOpen - Serena

LeRoy.
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:31 PM
That would SUCK (not the winner, the aweful scorelines).

Not if you are a Serena fan it won't. ;)

QUEENLINDSAY
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:53 PM
The tour is too deep to be dominated by now!!!!

specially Lindsay and Maria have a lot to say!!!

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:07 PM
I'd love this

AO

RG

Wim

US Open
Serena def. Kim 6-2 6-2

Damn I would have to change my underwear if that happened. :drool:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
aus-serena
french-serena or venus
wimbldeon-serena
us open-venus

cartmancop
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Venus & Kim playing the finals of every major with Venus winning the AO & FO & Wimbledon:) that would be nice

morningglory
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:48 PM
I still have my doubts about Serena, as much as I like her and all :tape:
Justine is still a question mark about her health, but I haven't seen anyone who could match her level on clay so far... Kim just might grab a couple more... Venus? well... we'll see....
All in all I'd say about a 2.5 percent chance that everyone you said will win their respective slams

~Cherry*Blossom~
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:00 PM
How about another year of Williams/Williams domination, with them splitting the 4 slams??

:worship:

This will be my fave scenario!!

Venus winning the Austrailian and French

Serena winning Wimbledon and US

(or Venus taking the US and Serena winning her 2nd French ;) )

That would be PERFECT!!!!!

daffodil
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:01 PM
NO.

The year of the S. WILLIAMS!

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:10 PM
AO-maria or kim

FO-elena d. shut up, it can happen!

WIM-venus :worship:

USO- serena. i'm not sure why but i want her to win it.

Knizzle
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Venus & Kim playing the finals of every major with Venus winning the AO & FO & Wimbledon:) that would be nice

Venus losing to Kim in the final of a major?? Where's the throw-up smiley when you need it. :tape:

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:31 PM
Venus losing to Kim in the final of a major?? Where's the throw-up smiley when you need it. :tape:

:lol::lol::lol:

DragonFlame
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:32 PM
well, i'm kinda hoping for a little twist! :D
australian open: justine henin-hardenne / elena dementieva / one of the youngsters(vaidisova/ivanovic/krajicek(one can hope :p )
french open: justine henin-hardenne
wimbledon: lindsay davenport
US open: elena Dementieva

VSFan1 aka Joshua L.
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:43 PM
I could definitely go for Venus winning Wimbledon and AO, but I'd love all 4 for her ;)

timafi
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:06 PM
AO:Cappy
RG:Mauresmo(yeah I said Mauresmo)(she 2nds Juju on clay)
Wimbledon:Mauresmo
UO:Pierce

Orion
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:14 PM
I'd like a nice mix of results. My dream would be:

AO: Vaidisova def. Sharapova 3-6, 7-5, 6-4
FO: Clijsters def. S. Williams 7-5, 6-3
Wi: Davenport def. Kuznetsova 6-3, 6-4
US: Capriati def. S. Williams 4-6, 7-5, 7-6(7) after saving multiple match points

Davenselesport
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:19 PM
My top names of 2006:

Clijsters
Mauresmo
Davenport
Ivanovic

the wildcard: Hantuchova :)

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 10:30 PM
I'd like to see Serena winning AO, Venus winning FO, Serena winning Wimby and Venus winning the USO :D

new-york
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:57 AM

:o not if Venus doen't take at least two, lol.

i want Venus to win Wimbly every Year.

For the rest....umm i would like her to win the french one time, facing Justine in the final, just because that's not expected (we can tell :lol: ).

saki
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Well, last year was the only one that was genuinely a Williams-Belgian combination.. 2003 was a Serena-Justine combination which I find a more likely repeat if both players are fit and healthy.

Allez Joosteen
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:29 PM
Just as long as Joosteen wins one (or more) of the '06 Slams I'll be happy. :banana:

tennisboi
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I can't see a repeat of the willys and the belgians- Serena has a lot to do to get back to full fitness, Justine is set to struggle again with the virus (though no one has her equal on clay), I'm yet to be convinced that Venus is back to her best, had Davenports back not gone at Wimbledon she would probably be only holding Istanbul this year. Also Maria, Mary and Lindsay are going to be deadly dangerous not to mention the other Russians who will almost certainly get going again. This is just my humble opinion guys so no offence meant to anyone and I will be the first to come on here if I'm proved wrong.

honeyke
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:14 PM
AO: Clijsters
FO: S . Williams
Wi: Clijsters or Davenport
UO: Clijsters or V. Williams

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I can't see a repeat of the willys and the belgians- Serena has a lot to do to get back to full fitness, Justine is set to struggle again with the virus (though no one has her equal on clay), I'm yet to be convinced that Venus is back to her best, had Davenports back not gone at Wimbledon she would probably be only holding Istanbul this year. Also Maria, Mary and Lindsay are going to be deadly dangerous not to mention the other Russians who will almost certainly get going again. This is just my humble opinion guys so no offence meant to anyone and I will be the first to come on here if I'm proved wrong.
Why do you have to call them the "willys"?

bello
Oct 26th, 2005, 11:35 PM
Its possible they are the best four players in the game when all healthy..would be so good if they were all healthy for a full season to see what would happen and how the rankings would go

venus_rulez
Oct 27th, 2005, 04:32 AM
I'd definitely like to see one more year of All Williams Finals as long as Venus takes WImbledon and either Australia and or the French.

Billy Moonshine
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:06 AM
No.
2006 Predictions
Oz open : Davenport
RG : Pierce
Wim: Sharapova
US: Capriati.

ampers&
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:13 AM
I'd love this

AO

RG

Wim

US Open
Serena def. Kim 6-2 6-2
:drool:
AWESOME
OR
Serena Winning USO and AO:worship:
Venus winning winning FO (finally) :bounce:
Maria winning Wimbledon :D :woohoo:

LucasArg
Oct 27th, 2005, 05:36 AM
I would say YES. They are the best players on tour:)

bellascarlett
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:30 AM
Well to the thread question: I certainly hope not! :)

I hope players who actually give much more importance to the tour and not just show up during grand slams win more.

Obviously nothing is really guaranteed to happen especially with all the injuries. I just hope everyone will be healthy and ready for the big fights next year. The way I think the slams would go...hmmm...actually the way I would like the slams to go:

Australian Open: As a fan, I'd like to see Maria take this. She should have won it this year. Well at least she should have gotten into the finals. Luck was just not on her side when she really needed it. She played better than Serena, but credit to Serena for fighting for every point. But throughout the game you just got the feeling that both girls knew Maria had the upper hand and it was really up to her to close the match out. Serena in the end had nothing to lose I think and didn't have the frustration from throwing away several match points like Maria did. Anyway, it's done so I just hope Maria avenges that loss and wins the AO.
If it's not Maria that raises that trophy, I'd like to see Lindsay do it even if her game does not excite me at all. She somehow deserves a slam after playing so well the past few years and it will be a good manner in which to exit - that's if she's retiring next year.

French Open: Hmmm...I think I'd go with Mary Pierce. Just love her game. Amazing year this year. Hope she finally delivers in a slam final. Such amazing power and smart play for someone her age.

Wimbledon: Maria :lol:

US Open: I guess it would be too much to ask for if I said Maria again. lol. So if Maria gets Wimbledon, then I'm fine with another player winning the UO. I think Kim might be able to do it again. Just hope she'd cut back on relying on her defensive play. Also, this may be wishful thinking, but if she could just be consistent enough, Elena D. has the potential to do it. Poor girl needs to back up her claim about being number one. :)

Zauber
Oct 27th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Half of one Kim and Venus will be there and maybe probably Justin.
I have great doubts about Serena. Monica Seles never could make it quite back once she put on the pounds and her movement slowed. Same might be true for Serena.

KimC&MariaSNo1's
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:32 AM
i think it will just be the Year of Clijsters shes gonna win em all i really hope she does she deserves too.

Greenout
Oct 27th, 2005, 08:36 AM
i think it will just be the Year of Clijsters shes gonna win em all i really hope she does she deserves too.

Yes, it's true. Justine is planning her retirement announcement soon. :sad: