PDA

View Full Version : Jim ":scared:" Pierce working with.... Andy Roddick..

grmbl
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
New Coach For Roddick?
10/25/2005

Andy Roddick may be considering working with a controversial coach who has Grand Slam credentials. It has been reported that a new coach may be added to Roddick's roster, not to replace current coach Dean Goldfine, but to supplement Goldfine's input.

The candidate?

Jim Pierce, Mary's controversial father, who many credit for his daughter's resurgence that has resulted in trips to the French Open and U.S. Open finals and a return to the top five in the WTA Tour rankings for the first time since 2000.

Jim Pierce's role would be as a coach's coach to advise on big match strategy and to expand on Roddick's game, which is built around a big forehand and a bigger serve.

http://www.sportsmediainc.com/tennisweek/index.cfm?func=showarticle&newsid=14144&bannerregion

pierce0415
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Well Andy and Mary have similar games (big serve, big groundstrokes) so this is good for Andy.

But at tournaments where both Andy and Mary play, does this mean that Jim will be there too? :confused:

Mark Spruce
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM
I have to disagree with one thing in the story though. I would credit David Pierce with Mary's return to great form not her father.

Mark

Brooks.
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:14 PM
he must be getting desperate :tape: ...then again i would too if im supposed to be the best american player and i have been playing the way he has been the last couple of months :o ...seriously the guy's game was overrated to begin with and the only chance he has the win another slam at this point is if roger is injured...and he can serve his way to a wimbledon title...the rest of his game is average at best...

Spunky83
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Get rid of Dean, Andy...and Jim Pierce?!? Until now it´s just one source saying that, so probably not true. We´ll see :rolleyes:

sebbe
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
I have to disagree with one thing in the story though. I would credit David Pierce with Mary's return to great form not her father.

Mark

Great post again there;)....can only agree!!

timafi
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:18 PM
my gosh Andy Roger makes u that scared that ur running to a lunatic like Pierce?

charmedRic
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:35 PM
Yikes.

PointBlank
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Id love to see Pierce/Roddick in mixed doubles. :p. Someone from the other team would die.