PDA

View Full Version : Which current player will end her career with more GS singles titles than Serena?

Volcana
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Naturally, you have to keep in mind that Serena may win a few more. The other note of interest is that Serena Williams and Justine Henin-Hardenne are less than six months apart in age. And both are injury prone.

Knizzle
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:12 AM
None of them, but the only one with a chance is Serena's sister.

Andy.
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:29 AM
Sharapova is a chance if she can have an injury free career

ivanovic
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:32 AM
Ana Ivanovic (scg)

LucasArg
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:55 AM
Venus;)

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Venus.

Sharapova hopefully has many years ahead of her and will continue to improve her game making it possible for her to win more slams.

Billy Moonshine
Oct 25th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Henin

tennisrox
Oct 25th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Venus.Doubt sharapova will.Maybe one of the new players,but its far too early to tell.

Williams Rulez
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:06 AM
i doubt anyone will... venus maybe... but i doubt it. esp if serena picks up her game and wins a few more...

dinhd82
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Venus

BUBI
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Henin.

tennislover
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:32 AM
Navratilova of course :angel:

Summer_Snow
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Navratilova of course :angel:

:worship: That's for sure!!

Maybe Henin or Sharapova...Venus is also possible

lynch79
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:27 AM
I think Henin. But it's hard to say, since Serena will win other Slams.

skanky~skanketta
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:44 AM
None of them, but the only one with a chance is Serena's sister.:rolleyes:

your life is gonna be so dull once the sisters retire.

rightous
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Hard to say but Henin definely has the game and talent whether her body lets her is another matter entirely.

I'm not totally convinced on the new breed as yet, I have to wait and see

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Sorry i dont think Serena is the "Be all" and "End all" of Womens tennis. I think many current players have the chance to grab more GS than her.

Tennis will live on way past Serena, and there will be MANY more champions!

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 11:57 AM
If she stays at 7 or 8, Venus and Henin can
Its too early to say what kind of impact Sharapova will have. With that "Mary Pierce on crack" game she has, who knows?
If Serena breaks into double digits, it will take another girl as talented as Serena is to win more.

volta
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Its too early to say what kind of impact Sharapova will have. With that "Mary Pierce on crack" game she has, who knows?
If Serena breaks into double digits, it will take another girl as talented as Serena is to win more.
LMAO :haha: :haha: :haha:

saki
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Justine has had a pretty awful year and she still finished with a RG title. Even if she continues to have this kind of year every year until she retires (at around 30), she'll still finish her career with about 12 GS titles. Serena is probably more likely to retire early and, taking into account that she'll miss some time for injuries, I think it's reasonable to speculate that Serena and Justine will finish their careers with about the same number of GS titles. Venus is just as injury prone as the other two and is older so I think her chances are slim to top Serena or Justine in the end but still plausible. It's too early to say with Maria and Sveta but I think both are very talented and both are still young enough that they're possibilities.

ampers&
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
It all depends how Serena does in the next few years.
IF she remains healthy and in shape, she could easily win 2 grands slams per year for the next 3 maybe 4 years. That would bring her total to around 13-15.
If so, no one would be able to catch up with her.
As of right now, I don'tsee anyone else dominating the was Serena did.
People with the best chance to top Serena (as of RIGHT now) are Henin-Hardenne, Venus, and Maria.

Maryamator
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
venus..
and well nicole vaidsova shes still young and shes won few titles already so..

jfk
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:25 PM
Venus has a better shot over JHH? For what reason would that be?

Definitely JHH. She's younger, more consistent, and works harder (or, at least, used to). I could see her matching Serena's current total, but Serena probably has at least 2 more slams in her, so that would be tough to beat.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:26 PM
that's a scary picture of Maria you're using as an avatar...jenkies! :tape:

Sharapova would have to improve in leaps and bounds to win 6 more grand slam titles.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:30 PM
Sorry i dont think Serena is the "Be all" and "End all" of Womens tennis. I think many current players have the chance to grab more GS than her.

bitter much? :tape: :rolleyes:

Dan23
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Mary Pierce this time?? :p

Ryan
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:40 PM

Sharapova would have to improve in leaps and bounds to win 6 more grand slam titles.

to be fair, Serena had to improve by leaps and bounds to win 6 more Grand Slam titles after 1999.

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Mary Pierce this time?? :p

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes, Maria is like Mary Pierce, except with consistency.

rjd1111
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Definitely JHH. She's younger, more consistent, and works harder (or, at least, used to). I could see her matching Serena's current total, but Serena probably has at least 2 more slams in her, so that would be tough to beat.

Because Venus is a much better player. 7-1 H2h

SpikeyAidanm
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:43 PM
Ivanovic.

jonny84
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Kim could - it isn't beyond the realms of possibility. She has eight left before she retires at the end of 2007. So she could walk away with nine!

Grachka
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:44 PM
LOL @ everyone choosing their favourite players.

I think Saori is a shoe-in for this prize, watch out for the Saochin-Slam next year :drool:

Penglover
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
peng :yeah:

Sam L
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:46 PM
I think only Sharapova can.

Dan23
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:49 PM

:spit:
You could say things like that about anyone :lol:

Maria is Maria :cool:

SelesFan70
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:53 PM
Venus or Justine can catch her.

Calimero377
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Monica Seles!
:worship:

Billy Moonshine
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:57 PM
LOL @ everyone choosing their favourite players.

I think Saori is a shoe-in for this prize, watch out for the Saochin-Slam next year :drool:

Hardly! I cant stand Henin but i recognise she has more talent than that all brawn no brain act Serena.

bellascarlett
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:12 PM
hmmm...hopefully Maria can...if she stays healthy and continues to have the same passion for winning. Comparing Serena's record a year after her first win in 1999, I'd say Maria is on the right track and her results show more consistency than Serena's in 2000. So who knows? maybe. But given Maria's reputation, I'd say she would already be considered great with about 5 or so to her name. That would be enough to silence those who refuse to see her as more than a hyped up pretty-faced tennis player who got to number world one by default. And because of this, it is all the more that I wish for Maria to win more grand slams.

vwfan
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:24 PM
it all depends on who can stay injury free and whether Serena is able to regain her form. If she regains form, she will be competitive on every surface (though there are far more players who have better clay court games than she does).
Venus has the best chance if she can find a stretch of more than a few months were she is injury free. But what a injury-prone two years: ankle sprain, arm/wrist injury, flu, and now knee injury! So Venus is both injury-prone and takes a while to get into her groove after injury.
Henin may get another clay court title, but I don't see her getting to the finals of other tournaments unless she has another year where Venus and Serena are injured or out-of-form. Then she will still have to deal with Maria, Davenport, and Kim in the short-term and the young big hitters.
Maria may get her game on track too; she is certainly a consistently good hitter and rarely goes out early in a tournament, so she can't be written out especially since she will have several years where neither Davenport, Venus, Serena, Kim and Justine on clay will be around.

Chunchun
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:26 PM
:shrug: Vee maybe.

Ballbasher
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Vania King,Aleksandra Wozniuak,Victoria Azarenka,Marina Erakovic ...

lucashg
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:34 PM
Justine has the best chance of all, Venus still can catch her, but I too think Serena will win more slam(s).

It's hard to figure out these youngsters, but Sharapova has the best chance of them. It's still too early to judge Ivanovic, Vaidisova, Karatantcheva, Peng and the like, they're still to cause a big impact on the tour.

Kuznetsova certainly has talent, but I don't see her winning 7 slams, unless she improves A LOT both on her game and mainly on her head, and she's also injury prone, especially having a heavy body like that.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
bitter much? :tape: :rolleyes:

And what is it i have to be bitter about? LOL:haha:I have no doubt Serena is a GREAT player.

My point is although Serena is a GREAT player, she ISNT and WONT be the BEST player ever. :rolleyes:

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM

:rolleyes:

Serena had to improve by LEAPS and BOUNDS to win her next 6 GrandSlam titles. :kiss: :wavey:

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:48 PM
And what is it i have to be bitter about? LOL:haha:I have no doubt Serena is a GREAT player.

My point is although Serena is a GREAT player, she ISNT and WONT be the BEST player ever. :rolleyes:

LOL no, thats the bitterness right there. Even if Serena was the best player ever, you still wouldnt want her to be, so you would never admit it anyway.

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:54 PM

When did Mary win Wimbledon????

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:56 PM

She didn't.

Bubba08
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Amelie in another life ;)

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:58 PM
LOL no, thats the bitterness right there. Even if Serena was the best player ever, you still wouldnt want her to be, so you would never admit it anyway.

Well she ain't the best. :wavey:

So they'll never have to worry about 'admitting' it. :)

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:03 PM
hmmm...hopefully Maria can...if she stays healthy and continues to have the same passion for winning. Comparing Serena's record a year after her first win in 1999, I'd say Maria is on the right track and her results show more consistency than Serena's in 2000.

It took Serena about three years after her breakout performance at the 1999 US Open to make her mark in 2002. A lot of people are already writing off Maria, however, like you said, Maria had a better Sophmore season after her Wimbledon win than Serena did after her 1999 Us Open. During Maria's sophmore season, she made it to the semi's of 3/4 grand slam tournaments.

If there are two players currently playing that have the mental fortitude to surpass Serena, it will be Justine or Maria. Whether or not that happends will largely depend on Serena. If Serena can get herself back into shape and refocus on tennis....no one will surpass her.

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:04 PM

Shes the best of whatever talent is out there now.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:06 PM

I think i need glasses, cant see no bitterness! :kiss:

If Serena WAS, (which she's not) the best player ever, i would be happy for her as much as i was happy for Steffi/Martina N when they BECAME the greatest players in the world. :worship:

The fact is i like watching Serena play, she is a great player when she is fit, i just dont see the need for constant comparison threads, about the same 2 girls all the time, when there are much worthier champions. It just gets a bit much. :yawn:

Hang on! How about i start a thread????

Which current player will end her career with more GS titles than Myskina? :smash:

Dan23
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Debatable of course ;)

Brooks.
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:11 PM

what's with all these kim fans lately.... :lol: ...its just one us open title.. :o :)

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM

LOL thats why she is still constantly winning Tier 1 and 2 titles. :rolleyes:

Its great she won a GS this year, but what since? :shrug: And thats the "BEST" talent out there now? Fool! :haha:

Dan23
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:13 PM
She didnt but I think King. was talking style wise
...I dont see it though :angel:

Brooks.
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
LOL thats why she is still constantly winning Tier 1 and 2 titles. :rolleyes:

Its great she won a GS this year, but what since? :shrug: And thats the "BEST" talent out there now? Fool! :haha:

since when does talent have anything to do with results...last i checked she's the only active singles player to have won 4 slams in a row....what you honestly think kim is gonna win 4 slams in a row :tape: :lol:

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:18 PM
what's with all these kim fans lately.... :lol: ...its just one us open title.. :o :)

Whats with all these childish obsessed Williams Fans? :o

You children are soo soo rude. :tape:

My post was not negative towards Serena in anyways. :rolleyes:

This is exactly the reason I don't get involved in these stupid threads. :o

You state your opinion and get attacked by obsessed fans.

Brooks.
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:20 PM
Whats with all these childish obsessed Williams Fans? :o

You children are soo soo rude. :tape:

My post was not negative towards Serena in anyways. :rolleyes:

This is exactly the reason I don't get involved in these stupid threads. :o

You state your opinion and get attacked by obsessed fans.

well then stop making smart ass remarks :)

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:24 PM
well then stop making smart ass remarks :)

:lol: What replying to this?

This was my reply and its very much true. :)

Serena had to improve by LEAPS and BOUNDS to win her next 6 GrandSlam titles. :kiss: :wavey:

Truth Hurts? :kiss:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:28 PM
since when does talent have anything to do with results...last i checked she's the only active singles player to have won 4 slams in a row....what you honestly think kim is gonna win 4 slams in a row :tape: :lol:

Whoever said i was a fan of Kim?

LOL Let me Quote!

Shes the best of whatever talent is out there now

LOL she so isnt! If she was where is she? The YEC? Umm...no! :tape:

Serena has GREAT results noone is doubting that. VeeReeFan, maybe its past your bedtime child. :rolleyes:

Volcana
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Justine has had a pretty awful year and she still finished with a RG title.Couldn't that sentence just as easily have had 'Venus' and 'Wimbledon' or 'Serena' and 'OZ' in it, and still have the next sentence be exactly the same?Even if she continues to have this kind of year every year until she retires (at around 30), she'll still finish her career with about 12 GS titles.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but it seems to me your arguement rides entirely on retirement.[QUOTE=vwfan]it all depends on who can stay injury free and whether Serena is able to regain her form. If she regains form, she will be competitive on every surface (though there are far more players who have better clay court games than she does).Stretching my imagination wildly, I can only think of one. Two if you count Mauresmo.

Aquanetta
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Which current player will end her career with more GS singles titles than Serena?

Possibly BOTH Kim and Justine.

Serena's great frontrunner but nothing is guaranteed these days because she is no longer the dominant player that she used to be. She'll win a few more Slams but so will Kim and Justine who have the drive and talent to surpass Serena in total Slams.

Mudbone
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:10 PM
Obviously Venus is the only current player that has a chance...The field is getting deeper and more talented each year...It is unlikely, any of the young players will win the 10-12 slams it will take to surpass Serena...You have to be stupid to think Serena wont win at least 10...Venus has five@25 so she has a chance to add a few more....IMHO, the era of dominant players is over....Just too many athletic and talented players around now!!! With women's tennis being the top female sport, i see the trend of more talented players continuing....The Navratilovas, and Grafs of the world wouldn't win 7 slams versus todays field

Grachka
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:22 PM
I'm still hoping that my mother can beat Serena for a GS title, but she's still reeling from apparently losing the weigh-off :( ;)

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM

LOL Let me Quote!

Serena has GREAT results noone is doubting that. VeeReeFan, maybe its past your bedtime child. :rolleyes:

Fans of lesser tennis players are so bitter. :lol::lol::lol:

SJW
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:24 PM
none. it'll be hard enough to win one slam soon enough, never mind about 7+. especially when everyone is crocked half a year.

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM
I'm still hoping that my mother can beat Serena for a GS title, but she's still reeling from apparently losing the weigh-off :( ;)

OMG, I apologize for the crack about your mom!! :lol::lol::lol: Serena prolly is fatter than her. :angel:

You and bloc_party are like elephants: you never forget anything.

SJW
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:26 PM

if there will be many more champions, whats the chance of all of them winning more than 7 slams (bearing in mind Volcana said current players)? your logic confuses me :)

AkademiQ
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM

They were always like this :lol: Don't be fooled by "nice", "sweet" Kim as their faves. It doesn't translate to them.

Knizzle
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:45 PM

your life is gonna be so dull once the sisters retire.

My life wasn't dull before them, it won't be dull after them. :p

SerenaSlam
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:16 PM

sounds like what people were bitching when Navy and Evert and Steffi were around but as you can see no one has caught up w/ them yet but eachother.

i think serena will win about 4 or 5 more slams. she will make it 2 10, whether or not she wants 2 keep going past 10 is up 2 her.

Grachka
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:28 PM
OMG, I apologize for the crack about your mom!! :lol::lol::lol: Serena prolly is fatter than her. :angel:

You and bloc_party are like elephants: you never forget anything.
Hmmmmm, perhaps you are right, I should really get over it and move on with my life....:awww:. Beware though, my mum has an awesome forehand down the line that would tie Serena in knots. Speshly as Mama Obatafan is so nimble :angel:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Hmmmmm, perhaps you are right, I should really get over it and move on with my life....:awww:. Beware though, my mum has an awesome forehand down the line that would tie Serena in knots. Speshly as Mama Obatafan is so nimble :angel:

Are u the "secret" child of Jennifer Capriati??????? :eek:

Bubba08
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:32 PM
Vaididsova could do so, if she keeps it up :)

DA FOREHAND
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:57 PM

Actually she didn't. She beat the world #1 to win her frist slam in 99, the game she played for that Slam would have put her in position to win all of her proceeding slams.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:58 PM

Keeps what up? What has she done?

Brooks.
Oct 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM

LOL Let me Quote!

:lol: ...thanks for the bad rep...its the most immature thing i've read in quite some time :kiss:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:11 PM
noone.

Stamp Paid
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:12 PM
:lol: ...thanks for the bad rep...its the most immature thing i've read in quite some time :kiss:

lol..what did yours say? :lol::lol:

crazyroberto6767
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:54 PM
As for the whole Serena being the end all player, that's not what this thread is about. It's simple, what current (don't count Monica she's not really current) has more slams than Serena? No one, so why would we ask who is going to surpass anyone else? Serena is the player of this era, and you can't deny that no matter how much you dislike her. I understand where people think you are bitter foxylicious, because your first post was completely irrelevant. As for the original question, I don't think anyone will pass Serena's total, only because I think she'll add more. I would be *very* surprised if she ends her career before 10 slams. Venus could go crazy and win Wimby/US Open a few more times, but I don't think Serena would let herself be passed by a sibling. Justine, barring any amazing return to fitness, will only win the FO in the next few years, if that. I don't see her getting more than 2-3 grand slams in her future. I could be very wrong though, who knows?

Munchen
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Actually she didn't. She beat the world #1 to win her frist slam in 99, the game she played for that Slam would have put her in position to win all of her proceeding slams.

Oh please. :o Your just one obsessed fan. :lol:

Regardless of how she played in US OPEN 99, She never sustained that level of play throughout the next couple of years to 'win all those proceeding slams', therefore, she worked hard to improve her fitness and tennis game throughout the next couple of years.

If you are telling me Serena hasnt improved from 1999, you a seriously in need of major HELP.

She's not winning the GS Titles as easy as she was back in 2002. Heck this girl can't even play more then 2 events in a row without getting some sort of "injury" or "virus", which is dissapointing. :(

:wavey:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:40 AM
As for the whole Serena being the end all player, that's not what this thread is about. It's simple, what current (don't count Monica she's not really current) has more slams than Serena? No one, so why would we ask who is going to surpass anyone else? Serena is the player of this era, and you can't deny that no matter how much you dislike her. I understand where people think you are bitter foxylicious, because your first post was completely irrelevant. As for the original question, I don't think anyone will pass Serena's total, only because I think she'll add more. I would be *very* surprised if she ends her career before 10 slams. Venus could go crazy and win Wimby/US Open a few more times, but I don't think Serena would let herself be passed by a sibling. Justine, barring any amazing return to fitness, will only win the FO in the next few years, if that. I don't see her getting more than 2-3 grand slams in her future. I could be very wrong though, who knows?

Finally.... an intelligent post! ;)

I never said that this thread was about Serena being the "ALL" of tennis. I quite like Serena "when she plays" so this is why im so amused. :tape: I do understand WHY Serena was chosen as she is a CURRENT player with the most GS. The thread is about players who will END THEIR CAREER with more slams than Serena. Not who currently has more than her.

I really believe that her AO slam in 2005 was a great fighting win. She has done nothing else this year to back up the win. She did nothing in preparation for the slam, although she won Beijing in 2004 after the US.

She is a GREAT FIGHTER! Thats what gets her to win. I really dont think that Serena will return to her "Serena Slam" best.

I wont deny she may have 1-2 more slams in her, but no more than that. I think she is too pre-occupied with OFF court events and she is having ALOT of injury problems. Her schedule is already restricted enuf with all of these injuries, so its going to take ALOT of fighting and hard work for her to win these other "3" slams to make 10.

Im not going to bother anymore, William's Trolls get a bit much!

Goodluck Rena! :hearts: :kiss:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:44 AM
if there will be many more champions, whats the chance of all of them winning more than 7 slams (bearing in mind Volcana said current players)? your logic confuses me :)

Perhaps your own logic confuses you? :tape: Who says all champions will win 7 GS or more? :rolleyes:

Irish
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:20 AM
Monica Seles :kiss: and possibly several more.

Serena!
Oct 26th, 2005, 01:34 AM
Nobody, maybe VENUS but highly unlikely

dreamgoddess099
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:15 AM
Whoever has enough balls to sneak into her house, creep past her pit bull, and steal her GS trophys that's who. Seriously, anybody can end their career with more GSs than Serena, but the reality is no current player on tour has yet to prove they can match her let alone pass her. Doesn't matter that she's only won one title this year, she managed to win the right one to lengthen her lead. Some of you aren't bitter at Serena, you're bitter at your own favs. Serena's taken a break the past two year and allowed everyone the oppurtunity to play catch-up and you favs still haven't matched her. Makes you wanna cry doesn't it. :sad:

Havok
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:22 AM
If she doesn't win a single Slam anymore: Venus, Henin, Sharapova
If she does keep on adding to them: somebody we haven't heard of yet, if at that :o.

PaulieM
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:32 AM

i must have missed where the the thread starter said that then. asking which players will win more slams than her doesn't imply that it's impossible for someone to do so or that she's the best, it's just a question. i could ask who will win more slams any player that's won multiple slams and it wouldn't mean anything close to the fact that the tour revolved around them or that they were the best. it seems to me that you jumped the gun a little :shrug:

PaulieM
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:38 AM
Finally.... an intelligent post! ;)

I never said that this thread was about Serena being the "ALL" of tennis. I quite like Serena "when she plays" so this is why im so amused. :tape: I do understand WHY Serena was chosen as she is a CURRENT player with the most GS. The thread is about players who will END THEIR CAREER with more slams than Serena. Not who currently has more than her.

I really believe that her AO slam in 2005 was a great fighting win. She has done nothing else this year to back up the win. She did nothing in preparation for the slam, although she won Beijing in 2004 after the US.

She is a GREAT FIGHTER! Thats what gets her to win. I really dont think that Serena will return to her "Serena Slam" best.

I wont deny she may have 1-2 more slams in her, but no more than that. I think she is too pre-occupied with OFF court events and she is having ALOT of injury problems. Her schedule is already restricted enuf with all of these injuries, so its going to take ALOT of fighting and hard work for her to win these other "3" slams to make 10.

Im not going to bother anymore, William's Trolls get a bit much!

Goodluck Rena! :hearts: :kiss:

your original post is the one that first mentioned anything about serena being the end all, be all of tennis, the original post of the thread said nothing about that. so how that was your reaction to someone asking which current player people think will win more slams than her is i think what is confusing some people. why combat a statement that was never made?

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:11 AM

Like who?

:scratch: I don't think that was the question.

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:20 AM
your original post is the one that first mentioned anything about serena being the end all, be all of tennis, the original post of the thread said nothing about that. so how that was your reaction to someone asking which current player people think will win more slams than her is i think what is confusing some people. why combat a statement that was never made?

My fight is that she isnt the all of tennis as we still have active players on the tour who have more GS Singles Titles than her. Why not use them to compare? Thats the fight!

WHY choose Serena as a comparison "Tool" when Serena does not hold the number 1 spot for GS titles for "Current" Players?

Monica is still a 'Current' player, who has not yet retired and holds 8 GS Titles. :) Yet has unfortunately been injured for the last 2 years or so.

Also Martina Navratilova is still playing on the tour! So why no mention of her? Sure she is not playing singles, but she is a "Current" player on the WTA tour. :wavey:

So if you want points, you got em!:kiss:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:24 AM
Like who?

:scratch: I don't think that was the question.

Whoever seems to get a mention in this thread, you williams fans contradict! So whats the point? :kiss:

I NEVER said it was! ROFL :haha:

:cuckoo:

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:26 AM
You took the words right out of my head. :worship:

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:32 AM
I really believe that her AO slam in 2005 was a great fighting win.

Why is this slam win always qualified like this? Because of what Mary Carillo said? :haha: She didn't play better, she just fought harder? :retard: If you don't play well enough to win you can't win no matter how much you fight. Fight goes with the game itself. Fight merely ups your level of play. But, you have to have the better game to execute it.

She is a GREAT FIGHTER! Thats what gets her to win.
First she beat everyone with just power. Now she's beating people (when she's fit and healty) with fight. :lol:

I really dont think that Serena will return to her "Serena Slam" best.

Why not?

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:33 AM
Whoever seems to get a mention in this thread, you williams fans contradict! So whats the point? :kiss:

Translated, you don't know.

I NEVER said it was! ROFL :haha:

:cuckoo:

Then why bring it up? :retard:

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Translated, you don't know.

This is why i dont bother....:rolleyes: You can never have a civilized conversation with some of you "William's Trolls". :retard:

Enjoy your day! :wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:44 AM
This is why i dont bother....:rolleyes: You can never have a civilized conversation with some of you "William's Trolls". :retard:

Maybe it's because you don't know how to be civilized. I haven't insulted you, yet you find it necessary to insult me because you can't maintain the argument you started with your wisecrack about Serena.

AkademiQ
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:58 AM

I don't know why you bother either. Evidently you don't even try hard enough to differentiate who you are actually having a discussion with. I'm amazed at how low the math skills are for some people on this message board and how lazy and spineless they are to the point that they bring in a whole fanbase to cover their ass when they are the ones trolling but can't hold their own :retard:

PaulieM
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:59 AM
My fight is that she isnt the all of tennis as we still have active players on the tour who have more GS Singles Titles than her. Why not use them to compare? Thats the fight!

WHY choose Serena as a comparison "Tool" when Serena does not hold the number 1 spot for GS titles for "Current" Players?

Monica is still a 'Current' player, who has not yet retired and holds 8 GS Titles. :) Yet has unfortunately been injured for the last 2 years or so.

Also Martina Navratilova is still playing on the tour! So why no mention of her? Sure she is not playing singles, but she is a "Current" player on the WTA tour. :wavey:

So if you want points, you got em!:kiss:

why use serena? why not? did it ever occur to you that maybe the particular poster wanted to know who people think will win more slams than serena in particular, not who will win more slams than the current player with the most slams. it's an entirely different question. i could ask who of the youngters people think will win more slams than justine, venus, or anybody else by the end of their career and that in no way implies that they are any kind of benchmark for greatness. no need to mention martina or monica because we already know that they have more slams(currently and for martina she more likely than not always will), the thread asks for predictions out of those for whom the answer isn't currently yes. it seems pretty clear to me that you made an assumption, and you know what they say about people who assume... :wavey:

faboozadoo15
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:08 AM
sharapova duh.

Mightymirza
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Juju

LostGlory
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Ana Ivanovic

@m@nd@
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:17 AM
i think venus might. if justine recovers she has a good shot too. maria may also be able to win many GS singles titles as long as she stays injury-free

oddkayla
Oct 26th, 2005, 08:22 AM
Justine has had a pretty awful year and she still finished with a RG title. Even if she continues to have this kind of year every year until she retires (at around 30), she'll still finish her career with about 12 GS titles. Serena is probably more likely to retire early and, taking into account that she'll miss some time for injuries, I think it's reasonable to speculate that Serena and Justine will finish their careers with about the same number of GS titles. Venus is just as injury prone as the other two and is older so I think her chances are slim to top Serena or Justine in the end but still plausible. It's too early to say with Maria and Sveta but I think both are very talented and both are still young enough that they're possibilities.

I always thought that Henin would, but this attitude of "ME AGAINST THE WORLD" and her injuries will make it difficult.

It is going to be harder, not easier for Henin to win slams consistently as she has been in the past few years. And yes i do believe her victim mentality is also making her sick!

terjw
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I think Serena's 7 GS's as it stands now will be good enough for her to not be overtaken by the current players. The only other possibilities IMO are Venus or Maria - Maria's got more time to do it and we don't know for sure what opposition she'll have in the future.

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what Foxy says. Except I'd go further - as far as Serena winning even one more slam I wouldn't be surprised either way if she did or if she never won another. IMO it's not a foregone conclusion. Like a number of other non Sisters fans I believe they are no longer the force they once were - it's ridiculous to claim they are based on GS titles they were winning 3 years ago. Times move on. Everyone agrees the sisters are still capable of pulling out the stops and winning when it comes to a slam. They are certainly dangerous. But comebacks are rare in all sports - they are always much harder than players and fans think.

The trouble Foxy and Munchen have found is that there is no point in having a discussion with some ppl if all they get is:

Personal insults - Foxy is bitter, what's up with Kim fans? - these were the very first responses - a sure sign of a weak argument if that's what you have to resort to.
Serena is the greatest and has 7 titles and the grand slam. Yes and largely based on 3 years ago in 2002-2003. Noone's arguing about her achievements back then.
She won the AO. - Yeah months ago and what else this year?

fOxYLiCiOuS
Oct 26th, 2005, 10:12 AM
I think Serena's 7 GS's as it stands now will be good enough for her to not be overtaken by the current players. The only other possibilities IMO are Venus or Maria - Maria's got more time to do it and we don't know for sure what opposition she'll have in the future.

I'm pretty much in agreement with most of what Foxy says. Except I'd go further - as far as Serena winning even one more slam I wouldn't be surprised either way if she did or if she never won another. IMO it's not a foregone conclusion. Like a number of other non Sisters fans I believe they are no longer the force they once were - it's ridiculous to claim they are based on GS titles they were winning 3 years ago. Times move on. Everyone agrees the sisters are still capable of pulling out the stops and winning when it comes to a slam. They are certainly dangerous. But comebacks are rare in all sports - they are always much harder than players and fans think.

The trouble Foxy and Munchen have found is that there is no point in having a discussion with some ppl if all they get is:

Personal insults - Foxy is bitter, what's up with Kim fans? - these were the very first responses - a sure sign of a weak argument if that's what you have to resort to.
Serena is the greatest and has 7 titles and the grand slam. Yes and largely based on 3 years ago in 2002-2003. Noone's arguing about her achievements back then.
She won the AO. - Yeah months ago and what else this year?

Couldnt put it any better! :p Surely thats simplified enough! :tape: Thanx terjw :kiss:

Calimero377
Oct 26th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Vaidisova perhaps.

After all she was born in the same country as the greatest-ever female tennis player. :worship:

Allez Joosteen
Oct 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Justine Henin Hardenne.

Next question.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:25 PM
Oh please. :o Your just one obsessed fan. :lol:

Regardless of how she played in US OPEN 99, She never sustained that level of play throughout the next couple of years to 'win all those proceeding slams', therefore, she worked hard to improve her fitness and tennis game throughout the next couple of years.

If you are telling me Serena hasnt improved from 1999, you a seriously in need of major HELP.

She's not winning the GS Titles as easy as she was back in 2002. Heck this girl can't even play more then 2 events in a row without getting some sort of "injury" or "virus", which is dissapointing. :(

:wavey:

Sit down STFU, and learn something while I put it on the board for you.

Serena Williams was good enough to win all of her slam titles w/the game she had in winning the 99 US Open. Where did I say she didn't improve? In 99 She was already beating the very best players on tour, and had matchpoints on Hingis the very first time they played, and has always in LIndsay's own words "kicked my ass", so no she didn't have to improve by leaps and bounds. Sharapova does.

NEXT :wavey:

Munchen
Oct 26th, 2005, 02:32 PM

Serena Williams was good enough to win all of her slam titles w/the game she had in winning the 99 US Open. Where did I say she didn't improve? In 99 She was already beating the very best players on tour, and had matchpoints on Hingis the very first time they played, and has always in LIndsay's own words "kicked my ass", so no she didn't have to improve by leaps and bounds. Sharapova does.

See, another typical, rude, contradicting response by a very immature Williams Fan.

Go learn some manners, who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me or any other posters like that.

You need to learn some RESPECT.

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Monica Seles!

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Vania King,Aleksandra Wozniuak,Victoria Azarenka,Marina Erakovic ...

Say whaaa...

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:12 PM

Dude, it's 9 GS titles if you include her post-stabbing career. :)

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:20 PM

Serena was a markedly better player when she won everything in 2002-2003 than she was when she won US Open 1999. She lost to Elena Likhovtseva at the AO in 2000 :retard:. Lindsay, who "always gets her ass kicked" won their US Open match in 2000 6-4, 6-2. Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck (2001 Wimbledon QF) through much of 2001 (see losses to Hingis and Capriati) up until the Canadian Open win over JenPot, which turned things around completely for her.

She DID improve by leaps and bounds to get that Serena Slam because after the 1999 US Open, her game took a nosedive. Just look at the results.

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Out of the current crop of chicks, I don't see anyone getting past Rena. SJW made a good point of injuries becoming the norm for players in the future, leading to decreased total Slam singles titles.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:25 PM
Nothing after the stabbing counts, you of all people should know this.

DA FOREHAND
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:26 PM
:rolleyes: :wavey: See, another typical, rude, contradicting response by a very immature Williams Fan.

Go learn some manners, who the fuck do you think you are to talk to me or any other posters like that.

You need to learn some RESPECT.
I am DA FOREHAND

what more do you need to know? :wavey:

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:57 PM
Serena was a markedly better player when she won everything in 2002-2003 than she was when she won US Open 1999. She lost to Elena Likhovtseva at the AO in 2000 :retard:. Lindsay, who "always gets her ass kicked" won their US Open match in 2000 6-4, 6-2. Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck (2001 Wimbledon QF) through much of 2001 (see losses to Hingis and Capriati) up until the Canadian Open win over JenPot, which turned things around completely for her.

She DID improve by leaps and bounds to get that Serena Slam because after the 1999 US Open, her game took a nosedive. Just look at the results.
I disagree that Serena's and Maria's sophmore years are so starkly different. Seems to me they are pretty evenly matched, although Maria did a little better at the slams than Serena.

In 2000 Serena won three Tier II titles Hannover, Los Angeles and Tokyo [Princess Cup]. She made the finals of the Paris indoors and lost to Tauziat 75 62 while suffering with a right knee ligament injury (the same knee she had surgery on in 2003 for the same injury). She also made the finals of the Canadian Open where she lead Hingis 60 20 before retiring in the third set with inflammation of small bone in the base of her left foot. In the slams, she lost in the 4th round to Elena Likhovtseva, didn't play RG or any other tournaments until Wimby because of a meniscus tear in her left knee. She made it to the semis of Wimby losing to Venus. She only lost 13 games on her way to that semi-final, which according to the WTA is the least amount of games lost since Evert lost 10 in 1976. That same year, she and Vee won the doubles title and the Olympic gold medal in doubles. She also made the quarter-finals of the US Open that year losing to Lindsay the No. 2 seed.

Now, let's take a look at Maria's sophmore year. She won the Pan Pacific, her first Tier I, Doha a Tier II and Birmingham a Tier III. She made the final of Miami and lost to Clijsters. In the slams, she made it to the semis of the AO losing to Serena, she made it to the quarters of RG losing to Justine, she made it to the semis at Wimby losing to Venus and she made it to the semis of the US Open losing the Kim.

So, all in all I'd say they were about even with Maria having the slight edge of gaining the No. 1 ranking.

Much to the chagrin of those who say that Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck in her sophmore year, I think her record that year speaks for itself in that she was no more a choker or emotional wreck than Maria was this year. Compared to a more focused, fit and hungry Serena in 2002, it would seem that Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck 2000, because she was so crisp and dominating in 2002. But, compared to Maria in her sophmore year and knowing the record of both, I'd be remiss in saying that. I wouldn't say she had to improve talent-wise by leaps and bounds because according to her record her sophmore year, the talent was there. She just had to get out of her own way, channel the talent and focus.

Which is why, if we are to compare Maria and Serena, I think Maria could possibly match Serena's GS by the time she is Serena's age. She's on her way.

P.S. Regarding Serena's slam record in 2001, I don't think you can call making three quarter finals and a final in the slams being a choker and an emotional wreck either.

PaulieM
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:24 PM

perhaps you should go back and read the first page and note what was said by posters before foxy's original post. my problem is that nobody in this thread said anything about serena being the grestest, until foxy's original post that said serena wasn't the end all and be all of tennis etc. he/she assumed that's what the thread starter was implying by creating this thread, that's what i take issue with. i don't doubt the fact that there are several players than could possibly win more slams than serena, and i didn't see the thread starter say anything to the contrary. foxy assumed that the thread picked serena as its topic because they consider her feat to be the best, rather than just because they might like serena and be curious about who people think will win more slams. foxy came in here with preconceived notions as to the original poster's view of serena's achievements because he/she assumed that as a williams fan they see her as the end all and be all of tennis, which there is no evidence for. it's the assuming without any evidence to provoke that assumption that i have an issue with, nothing else. :wavey:

Calimero377
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:26 PM

Post-Stabbing doesn't count.
Seles was not the same player anymore.

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:43 PM
Nothing after the stabbing counts, you of all people should know this.

We count the wins and the titles. It's the losses that don't count after the stabbing. :devil:

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:46 PM
Post-Stabbing doesn't count.
Seles was not the same player anymore.

You're too late. Yet again.

hingis-seles
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:54 PM
I disagree that Serena's and Maria's sophmore years are so starkly different. Seems to me they are pretty evenly matched, although Maria did a little better at the slams than Serena.

In 2000 Serena won three Tier II titles Hannover, Los Angeles and Tokyo [Princess Cup]. She made the finals of the Paris indoors and lost to Tauziat 75 62 while suffering with a right knee ligament injury (the same knee she had surgery on in 2003 for the same injury). She also made the finals of the Canadian Open where she lead Hingis 60 20 before retiring in the third set with inflammation of small bone in the base of her left foot. In the slams, she lost in the 4th round to Elena Likhovtseva, didn't play RG or any other tournaments until Wimby because of a meniscus tear in her left knee. She made it to the semis of Wimby losing to Venus. She only lost 13 games on her way to that semi-final, which according to the WTA is the least amount of games lost since Evert lost 10 in 1976. That same year, she and Vee won the doubles title and the Olympic gold medal in doubles. She also made the quarter-finals of the US Open that year losing to Lindsay the No. 2 seed.

Now, let's take a look at Maria's sophmore year. She won the Pan Pacific, her first Tier I, Doha a Tier II and Birmingham a Tier III. She made the final of Miami and lost to Clijsters. In the slams, she made it to the semis of the AO losing to Serena, she made it to the quarters of RG losing to Justine, she made it to the semis at Wimby losing to Venus and she made it to the semis of the US Open losing the Kim.

So, all in all I'd say they were about even with Maria having the slight edge of gaining the No. 1 ranking.

Much to the chagrin of those who say that Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck in her sophmore year, I think her record that year speaks for itself in that she was no more a choker or emotional wreck than Maria was this year. Compared to a more focused, fit and hungry Serena in 2002, it would seem that Serena was a choker and an emotional wreck 2000, because she was so crisp and dominating in 2002. But, compared to Maria in her sophmore year and knowing the record of both, I'd be remiss in saying that. I wouldn't say she had to improve talent-wise by leaps and bounds because according to her record her sophmore year, the talent was there. She just had to get out of her own way, channel the talent and focus.

Which is why, if we are to compare Maria and Serena, I think Maria could possibly match Serena's GS by the time she is Serena's age. She's on her way.

P.S. Regarding Serena's slam record in 2001, I don't think you can call making three quarter finals and a final in the slams being a choker and an emotional wreck either.

Uhh...I wasn't saying Serena and Maria's sophomore years are starkly different. Infact, I find it odd how they're on more or less the same path. DA FOREHAND was going on and on about how Serena was playing the same game and needed no improvement to get to her achievement of the Serena Slam, which I was disagreeing with.

Serena choked away a lot of matches in 2001. AO QF, she led Hingis 4-1 and had points for 5-1. She lost it 8-6 in the fifth. RG 2001, she lost the first set, but came back and won the second against JenPot, only to go down in the third. At Wimbledon, she served for the match against JenPot up 7-6, 5-3 only to go down 6-7, 7-5 6-3 and on the verge of tears, clutch her stomach (the upset stomach) and run off the court. She was perpetually ill with some ailment or the other (some of which was due to her hypochondria). She was a drama queen and seemed very fragile emotionally. All that changed post-Wimbledon 2001 (with the exception of the loss in LA to Monica after having 6 matchpoints!). It's not the results she had in 2001, but the way she lost those big matches.

LeRoy.
Oct 26th, 2005, 05:55 PM
no one . :angel:

Denise4925
Oct 26th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Uhh...I wasn't saying Serena and Maria's sophomore years are starkly different. Infact, I find it odd how they're on more or less the same path. DA FOREHAND was going on and on about how Serena was playing the same game and needed no improvement to get to her achievement of the Serena Slam, which I was disagreeing with.

Serena choked away a lot of matches in 2001. AO QF, she led Hingis 4-1 and had points for 5-1. She lost it 8-6 in the fifth. RG 2001, she lost the first set, but came back and won the second against JenPot, only to go down in the third. At Wimbledon, she served for the match against JenPot up 7-6, 5-3 only to go down 6-7, 7-5 6-3 and on the verge of tears, clutch her stomach (the upset stomach) and run off the court. She was perpetually ill with some ailment or the other (some of which was due to her hypochondria). She was a drama queen and seemed very fragile emotionally. All that changed post-Wimbledon 2001 (with the exception of the loss in LA to Monica after having 6 matchpoints!). It's not the results she had in 2001, but the way she lost those big matches.

Uhh, I didn't say that you said it, but others have in the thread, so I was addressing that in my response to you and your accusation of Serena being a choker and a wreck emotionally.

You discredit Hingis abilities in saying that Serena choked away the match at the 2001 AO. There have been times when players have fought back to win points when they are down. Would you characterize Hingis loss to JenCap at the 2001 AO a choke when she had match point in the second set? Did you see the match? Was it all on Serena's racquet or did Hingis get some winners to come back and win the match? And since when did women start playing five sets? :confused: At RG wasn't that the year JenCap went on to win the RG? Maybe she was too good on clay for Serena on that day, which is not to say that Serena choked the match away in the third set. Did she have match points and lose it? The 2001 Wimbledon match I saw against JenCap, and she did have a stomach ache because she had to leave the court to take a bathroom break.

I didn't see her as being perpetually ill, but she had injuries and ailments like any other human being. People do get sick, you know and I think it's presumptuous of you to say that some of her illnesses were due to hypochondria, a psychological disorder I wasn't aware that she was diagnosed with. Do you have the diagnosis from the doctor or where we can see it online? Otherwise, do you know Serena well enough personally to ascertain that she's a hypochondriac? Also, I've never seen such drama or someone as fragile emotionally as Hingis at the '99 French Open.

But, let me get this straight, you are saying that because of three losses in the second week of three slams against three higher seeded players, she should be characterized as a choker and a drama queen who was an emotional wreck. Whatever you say. :)

fammmmedspin
Oct 26th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Kim could - it isn't beyond the realms of possibility. She has eight left before she retires at the end of 2007. So she could walk away with nine!

Kim can beat anyone currently in the top ten and retirement, poor form. injuries and loss of interest are weakening the field rather than improving it. The top Russians find her a difficult opponent and the younger opposition don't playany better and do it less consistently.

If she hung around into her late 20s and her health held up you can see her getting up to Monica levels in the GS stakes - sounds as if it won't happen though.

If it isn't Kim it will be difficult as any of the next generation faces a lot of other members of the same generation at about the same level and the top Russians are more inconsistent and will get i each others way.

hingis-seles
Oct 27th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Uhh, I didn't say that you said it, but others have in the thread, so I was addressing that in my response to you and your accusation of Serena being a choker and a wreck emotionally.

You discredit Hingis abilities in saying that Serena choked away the match at the 2001 AO. There have been times when players have fought back to win points when they are down. Would you characterize Hingis loss to JenCap at the 2001 AO a choke when she had match point in the second set? Did you see the match? Was it all on Serena's racquet or did Hingis get some winners to come back and win the match? And since when did women start playing five sets? :confused: At RG wasn't that the year JenCap went on to win the RG? Maybe she was too good on clay for Serena on that day, which is not to say that Serena choked the match away in the third set. Did she have match points and lose it? The 2001 Wimbledon match I saw against JenCap, and she did have a stomach ache because she had to leave the court to take a bathroom break.

I didn't see her as being perpetually ill, but she had injuries and ailments like any other human being. People do get sick, you know and I think it's presumptuous of you to say that some of her illnesses were due to hypochondria, a psychological disorder I wasn't aware that she was diagnosed with. Do you have the diagnosis from the doctor or where we can see it online? Otherwise, do you know Serena well enough personally to ascertain that she's a hypochondriac? Also, I've never seen such drama or someone as fragile emotionally as Hingis at the '99 French Open.

But, let me get this straight, you are saying that because of three losses in the second week of three slams against three higher seeded players, she should be characterized as a choker and a drama queen who was an emotional wreck. Whatever you say. :)

* Hingis came back and played some smart tennis, but Serena made a bunch of impromptu errors and which allowed Hingis back in, and that was fatal. Oh, and Serena had food poisoning during this match, which the press was told of afterwards. This prompted Hingis to say that Serena should be more of a professional and watch what she eats. :lol:

* Serena lost the third set to Jennifer 6-2, IIRC. I saw the match though and I Serena really could have/should have won that one. But, that was a time when JenPot owned Serena so I guess we could scratch that one off.

* The loss at Wimbledon was a choke. Plain and simple.

* Serena herself had admitted to being a hypochondriac.

* Those three GS losses, complemented by her strange losses in matches she would normally never lose as well as her behavior during that time period indicated that she was emotional and dramatic during that phase, which she grew out of. I remember the commentators for the JenPot match at Wimbledon (my coverage) complaining about Serena's "theatrical behavior" which I found mean considering she was ill. ;)

Pump-it-UP
Oct 25th, 2012, 11:58 PM
Bump.

http://images61.fotki.com/v443/photos/8/1730108/9278513/2qc14s9-vi.gif

NashaMasha
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:06 AM
IF she remains healthy and in shape, she could easily win 2 grands slams per year for the next 3 maybe 4 years. That would bring her total to around 13-15.
People with the best chance to top Serena (as of RIGHT now) are Henin-Hardenne, Venus, and Maria.

and this post was in 2005 :) Awesome

KournikovaFan91
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:07 AM
Ana Ivanovic (scg)

:tape:

I'm DEAD

brickhousesupporter
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:10 AM

It took Serena about three years after her breakout performance at the 1999 US Open to make her mark in 2002. A lot of people are already writing off Maria, however, like you said, Maria had a better Sophmore season after her Wimbledon win than Serena did after her 1999 Us Open. During Maria's sophmore season, she made it to the semi's of 3/4 grand slam tournaments.

If there are two players currently playing that have the mental fortitude to surpass Serena, it will be Justine or Maria. Whether or not that happends will largely depend on Serena. If Serena can get herself back into shape and refocus on tennis....no one will surpass her.

Justine Henin Hardenne.

Next question.
http://i48.tinypic.com/4qiql4.jpg

......LBV shame on you.......

shoryuken
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:11 AM

sharapova duh.

Juju

Justine Henin Hardenne.

Next question.

http://i.minus.com/iNwPzklxvs9oL.gif

Stonerpova
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:17 AM
How I wish I could have been here during Maria Mania :inlove:

Volcana
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:37 AM
Bump.In my defense, in 2005, it was a rational question. She barely beat Sharapova in the OZ final. And she won NOTHING in 2006.

Of course, after that, they brought her back to her home planet ( She's from the same planet as Dennis Rodman) and made her like, twice as smart on the court. I might add, IMHO, Venus should have demanded FOUR Wimbledons to sign off on that, not just two, but Venus is a 'protective older sister' to the stereotype.

LeRoy.
Oct 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM
no one . :angel:

On point 7 years ago. :worship:

Some people who claim to be hardcore Serena "fans" should be ashamed of themselves for saying some of the things they have said in this thread. :o :facepalm:

ampers&
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:14 AM

and this post was in 2005 :) Awesome
http://i51.tinypic.com/j5d11e.jpg

I hate how I used to form my posts like Paneru though. And I called ROD "Venus" then. The shame. :sobbing:
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cYuvmwqI2Tv5rxP.gif

Alejandrawrrr
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:18 AM
Three more slams and she will have the total slam count of all three predicted players(Venus, Justine, Maria) combined :inlove:

Nicolás89
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Amelie in another life ;)

Spot on.

donellcarey
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:22 AM
Justine Henin Hardenne.

Next question.

:haha:

donellcarey
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:24 AM
http://i51.tinypic.com/j5d11e.jpg

I hate how I used to form my posts like Paneru though. And I called ROD "Venus" then. The shame. :sobbing:

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/cYuvmwqI2Tv5rxP.gif

:unsure: It's the right thing to do.

fedhingis67
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:26 AM
This thread!

http://i.imgur.com/VaGyx.gif

Galsen
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:29 AM
Bump.

http://images61.fotki.com/v443/photos/8/1730108/9278513/2qc14s9-vi.gif

YEW AINT SHEET. :haha:

ampers&
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:36 AM
:unsure: It's the right thing to do.
http://i42.tinypic.com/c43kw.jpg

OK Darnell.

donellcarey
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:49 AM
This Amanda gif is repeating itself so many times like EVERYWHERE:tears:

Mo u ain't shit:sobbing:

Shinjii
Oct 26th, 2012, 01:54 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mcdbpnwbMG1qfoat7o3_250.gif

Galsen
Oct 26th, 2012, 02:02 AM
This Amanda gif is repeating itself so many times like EVERYWHERE:tears:

Mo u ain't shit:sobbing:

:sobbing:
I love Amanda. :hearts:

donellcarey
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:24 AM
:sobbing:
I love Amanda. :hearts:

She's okay for me:lol:

Thiudans
Oct 26th, 2012, 11:38 AM

No shame. That is her NAME, after all. :rolleyes:

Veesus
Oct 26th, 2012, 02:53 PM

#oop!

ampers&
Oct 26th, 2012, 02:58 PM
No shame. That is her NAME, after all. :rolleyes:

Rodtards. :tears:

andyjason
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:11 PM
Really no one can pass Serena

Pova is only 4 slams right now, and she is 25,
some poeple think she can pass Serena???
Serious?????????

Thiudans
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Rodtards. :tears:

I'm not a "Rodtard". "Rod" means nothing to me. I'm a fan of Venus and I'm a fan of Serena, except I know how to be respectful. And also, if I dislike someone, I can actually find a reason to do so, I won't just go along with some banal, stupid trend.

Yes.

ampers&
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:24 PM
I'm not a "Rodtard". "Rod" means nothing to me. I'm a fan of Venus and I'm a fan of Serena, except I know how to be respectful. And also, if I dislike someone, I can actually find a reason to do so, I won't just go along with some banal, stupid trend.

Yes.

Whatever you say, manure. :tears:

NashaMasha
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:25 PM
Really no one can pass Serena

Pova is only 4 slams right now, and she is 25,
some poeple think she can pass Serena???
Serious?????????

they had rights to think so in 2005 , in 2006 when she wasn't injured

Now she can pass Hingis, Henin, Venus only..... good goals, much to work on court , really :)

Serena can pass 18-Slam winners, so they both have their own goals

Thiudans
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:29 PM

Whatever you say, manure. :tears:

Manure, indeed. Attracting horse shit flies like yourself.

andyjason
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:32 PM
they had rights to think so in 2005 , in 2006 when she wasn't injured

Now she can pass Hingis, Henin, Venus only..... good goals, much to work on court , really :)

Serena can pass 18-Slam winners, so they both have their own goals

Pova is 4 slams now, Serena is 15
even pova win 1 slam each year in the next 5 years, she will just be 9 slams when she is 30.

Ya, Pova can pass Hingis, Henin, Venus if she strive for it.
But I guess Vika will end up more slams than Pova

ampers&
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Manure, indeed. Attracting horse shit flies like yourself.

Check your reps. :hearts:

NashaMasha
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Pova is 4 slams now, Serena is 15
even pova win 1 slam each year in the next 5 years, she will just be 9 slams when she is 30.

Ya, Pova can pass Hingis, Henin, Venus if she strive for it.
But I guess Vika will end up more slams than Pova

just open a thread about Vika's future double digit Slam record...

It will be funny to bump 7 year later :)

pov
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:42 PM
In my defense, in 2005, it was a rational question.
Agreed. The only idiocy is by whoever bumped this thread.

JeMa
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:46 PM
Vika if Serena retires in 2013. I see her winning 3 a year with no Serena.

NashaMasha
Oct 26th, 2012, 03:47 PM
Vika if Serena retires in 2013. I see her winning 3 a year with no Serena.

Why not 4 a year? 5 "Grand Slams" in 5 years..... Steffi Graf will be jealous

forehand27
Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:06 AM
Nobody current will for sure.

forehand27
Nov 2nd, 2012, 07:08 AM
Justine has had a pretty awful year and she still finished with a RG title. Even if she continues to have this kind of year every year until she retires (at around 30), she'll still finish her career with about 12 GS titles.

Nope