PDA

View Full Version : Too much pressure on such a young upcoming player?

Sinnet
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:45 PM
Alexus Jones, being renowned as the top player in the world at her age (age 8) is receiving an awful lot of attention and hype for someone so young. Her website (http://alexusjones.com) is all talk about how she's the future of tennis. Isn't she a bit young to be saying that? And isn't that putting a lot of pressure on her to perform big?

Do you think she has any chance at actually becoming the next, say, Serena Williams?

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:48 PM
"trains 6 hours a day 6 days a week" :eek:

i dunno, i think it's a little much for a little girl. i think her parents or whoever are trying very hard to make her the next serena williams.

Dawn Marie
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:59 PM
WOW! I was at first like this girl has a bright future. Then I kept scrolling down and I was like this is a phoney web site. She can't possibly know all these famous coaches and actually train with them. Then I realized this kid has alot of people in her corner who are going to make her a star. She has raw talent.

Yet, she is so young and she could burn out. I am actually looking forward to see how she develops on the WTA tour.

Anyway, I think she is gonna be good. Just a feeling she has DIVA written all over her. She seems to have that X factor.:)

cartmancop
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:30 AM
Is there anywhere on that site that shows results of tournaments etc. I found an Alexus Jones on the Florida USTA ranks that played one small tournament in the G10s & killed everybody... I guess that's her:)

also found her name on tennisinformation.com where she played a couple of G14s & won 2 & lost 2 I think in October.

netgain
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Is there anywhere on that site that shows results of tournaments etc. I found an Alexus Jones on the Florida USTA ranks that played one small tournament in the G10s & killed everybody... I guess that's her:)

also found her name on tennisinformation.com where she played a couple of G14s & won 2 & lost 2 I think in October.
8 Years old winning in the 14 age group. I would say that is somthing special. :bounce:

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:24 AM
:worship: Incredible. :eek:

PaulieM
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:41 AM
she seems like she should have been on that show sports kids moms and dads :lol: she's got a lot of big people behind her at a very young age which can often mean a ton of pressure. she seems to be doing well so far and i hope it all works out well for her. she's really cute and as long as she loves tennis then all the best to her. :)

netgain
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:48 AM
:worship: Incredible. :eek:I see on her website that Vera Zvonareva's coach Lex Carrington has also coached Alexus. With top coaching like this how can you go wrong. Not offten will you see a top WTA touring coach working with an 8 year old.

Oneofakind0490
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:52 AM
I liked the site when it had music. Now it doesnt:fiery:.

Anyway I expect this topic to turn into if her parents are evil people or not:rolleyes:

netgain
Oct 26th, 2005, 03:57 AM
I liked the site when it had music. Now it doesnt:fiery:.

Anyway I expect this topic to turn into if her parents are evil people or not:rolleyes: I hope not because then we have to say the same about ever tennis champion's parents in the past 20 years. Williams Sharapova ETC.

Zauber
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:54 AM
tooooo early