PDA

View Full Version : who shall my new favourite be????

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
Now Silvia has played her last tennis match, I need to find a new favourite player! No one will ever come as close as Silvia but I need a favourite.

I like Lindsay, Alina and Ana and I need to chose between these three :bounce:

iPatty
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:29 PM
I think Ana. You'll have a longer chance to support her since she is just a kid :wavey: Bye Silvia!

alwayshingis
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Yeah, I love Lindsay, but you should join a bandwagon that still has a while left on it.

marmite1
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:34 PM
lindsay.

Majeka
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Lindsay.

lucashg
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Lindsay :hearts:
I do like Ana too :D

Alina Jidkova? Not.

Pengttaya
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Someone who dosnt just bash the ball.....

Sam's Slave
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:42 PM
lindsay

Helen Lawson
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Little Masha!!!

beauty_is_pink
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:43 PM
Ana :D

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Little Masha!!!

um no!

Dexter
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Ana :)

FaceyFacem
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:53 PM
ana for sure...do you really want your favorite retiring so soon? and alina has no hope, sorry to say...it's all about the ivanovic, plus she's way hot

marmite1
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:57 PM
ana for sure...do you really want your favorite retiring so soon? and alina has no hope, sorry to say...it's all about the ivanovic, plus she's way hot

Thats the only point i agree with.

Louis Cyphre
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Dulko,Golovin,Sesil,Lil Masha,Ivanovic,Nicole,Lena D :D and a lot more

TheBoiledEgg
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM
i guess from those 3 its not gonna be a blonde ;)

MLF
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Why not Silvia's fellow Italian Roberta Vinci? Youngish ( in terms of WTA experience ), on the way up, nice all court game like Silvia's and a friend of the lady too.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
The reasons for each are :-

Lindsay plays simular to me, in the fact she hits hard with hardly any mobility, she is such a polite person and deserves so much to get that extra slam. She seems like such a nice person and the only top player I like!

Alina was sooo nice to me in Toronto! She signed an autograph just for me after losing to Asagoe and then later signed her towel for me after losing doubles! She is such a figther.

Ana is just stunning!!! When I saw her for the 1st time in Toronto, my mouth fell to the floor. I love her forehand and her fighting spirit and after the match with Bartoli she thanked the fans for being great, which I thought was cool

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:05 PM
i guess from those 3 its not gonna be a blonde ;)

nah, not a blonde kinda guy ;) ;) ;) ;)

Helen Lawson
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:05 PM
um no!

Big Masha??

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Why not Silvia's fellow Italian Roberta Vinci? Youngish ( in terms of WTA experience ), on the way up, nice all court game like Silvia's and a friend of the lady too.

I cant seem to warm to Robi, I saw her at wimbledon and didnt like her

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:06 PM
Big Masha??

even worse!!!! lol

flyingmachine
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Why not just support all three players. :)

RenaSlam.
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:08 PM
Ana I.

meyerpl
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Do you want to start drinking? I mean DRINKING? Go with Myskina. Take my word for it.

marmite1
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM
Do you want to start drinking? I mean DRINKING? Go with Myskina. Take my word for it.

:lol: if you want to start drinking go for Myskina.

Dexter
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The reasons for each are :-

Lindsay plays simular to me, in the fact she hits hard with hardly any mobility, she is such a polite person and deserves so much to get that extra slam. She seems like such a nice person and the only top player I like!

Alina was sooo nice to me in Toronto! She signed an autograph just for me after losing to Asagoe and then later signed her towel for me after losing doubles! She is such a figther.

Ana is just stunning!!! When I saw her for the 1st time in Toronto, my mouth fell to the floor. I love her forehand and her fighting spirit and after the match with Bartoli she thanked the fans for being great, which I thought was coolWhy not support all of them? :)

Btw. Ana has 20 votes in the poll now :D

Helen Lawson
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:16 PM
even worse!!!! lol

Svetlana is kind of needy right now but with obvious potential.

Lena D, each week will be an adventure.

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Why not support all of them? :)

Btw. Ana has 20 votes in the poll now :D

i will support them all of course, but I am the type of person who needs a favourite lol

Dexter
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:20 PM
i will support them all of course, but I am the type of person who needs a favourite lolJust take a look @ poll's result ;)

new-york
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:25 PM
support Ana, she's a young and you'll begin with her a whole new story after closing one.

tenn_ace
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Ana is definitely a long-term "solution" to your problem let alone being a great player, a great potential, a very mature lady and an incredible beauty

TomTennis
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
FEFan, i say support them all. Its good to ahve more than one favourite, because that way you dont have to wait till they are playing, if you have 3, chances are one of them is playing every week. lol

My Fav is Venus! Second is Serena, third is Lindsay. So i get to see them all play tennis alot. (but if Venus plays Lindsay, i cheer for Venus, if she plays Serena, it depends. - too compilcated to go into. lol)

Dont hold a poll asking everyone else who YOu should support. You need to support someone that interestes you, that you can get involved in if they are playing a match etc.

Go with your instinct!

KoOlMaNsEaN
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:27 PM
Ana!

meyerpl
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:28 PM
:lol: if you want to start drinking go for Myskina.

Hey, I didn't get a liver the size of a Volkswagen rooting for just anybody.

thelittlestelf
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:31 PM
I think that's for you to decide ;)

Farina Elia Fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:35 PM
FEFan, i say support them all. Its good to ahve more than one favourite, because that way you dont have to wait till they are playing, if you have 3, chances are one of them is playing every week. lol

My Fav is Venus! Second is Serena, third is Lindsay. So i get to see them all play tennis alot. (but if Venus plays Lindsay, i cheer for Venus, if she plays Serena, it depends. - too compilcated to go into. lol)

Dont hold a poll asking everyone else who YOu should support. You need to support someone that interestes you, that you can get involved in if they are playing a match etc.

Go with your instinct!

I like all three for different reasons, I asked because I almost need advice lmao.

It sounds stupid, but I feel that im grieving Silvia's retirement and I need to find a new favourite to almost forget about Silvia not playing again

meyerpl
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:42 PM
O.K. Seriously, I'd suggest Ana because her career is in front of her and looks very promising. It's really exciting when your favorite player's career rises. It's pretty sad when it wanes and ends. Go with a younger player if you're really going to put your heart into it.

TF Chipmunk
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Justine ;) or Nastya ;) or Nadia ;) or ALG :hearts:

marmite1
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Hey, I didn't get a liver the size of a Volkswagen rooting for just anybody.

:lol:

@m@nd@
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:43 AM
ana :)

bello
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:08 AM
Ana, you'll have a whole career to follow!!

switz
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:37 AM
Alexandra Stevenson? If you want to be an individual.

roscoe111
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Go with Alinka. She has far more in common with Farina-Elia than either Lindsay or Ana do. Jidkova is a hard-working veteran without the god given talent of a top ten player.
But she never gives up and is really fun to watch
She also has an Italian coach and might even be prettier than Silvia.

If you're Welsh you have a natural inclination to cheer for the underdog.
Alina's middle name is Cerys! (I made that up)

PaulieM
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:12 AM
it's going to be a tough choice, if only this poll had someone that was leading by a mile :p

Munchen
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:44 AM
No point with Lindsay. IMO over the next 12-18months I believe she'll retire. :(

Go with a Rising, Talented, young player. :D

Ana Ivanovic. :kiss:

Chrissie-fan
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:12 PM
You don't "choose" a favorite player. They choose you so to speak. It's inevitable. You see her (or him) and you immediately know,SHE'S the one. In other words,just follow your heart. :smoke:

Now Silvia has played her last tennis match, I need to find a new favourite player! No one will ever come as close as Silvia but I need a favourite.

I like Lindsay, Alina and Ana and I need to chose between these three :bounce:

pla
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:18 PM
You don't "choose" a favorite player. They choose you so to speak. It's inevitable. You see her (or him) and you immediately know,SHE'S the one. In other words,just follow your heart. :smoke:

So true!

You can't choose Farina Elia Fan, it will come from itself. I am happy I had already a very strong fave before Maggie retired but it was like a crash over one persons personality, game and brain. ;) Wait for yours, it will come (maybe it's Ana, the way you explains it ;) )