PDA

View Full Version : Justine Henin-Hardenne doesn't want to go to the YEC!

Dementieva-fan
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Justine Henin wants to drop 3 places in rankings
As it it is now, Justine Henin-Hardenne must participate at the Masters in November in Los Angeles. But that's not what the Belgian wants.

Justine Henin-Hardenne rested these days in Monaco. The number six of the WTA-list wants to be fit, before she's back in the competition.

Henin doesn't really want to compete at the Masters, as the start on november the 7th in LA.

Official article::

Justine Henin hoopt drie plaatsen te zakken
ma 24/10/05 - Zoals het er nu voorstaat, moet Justine Henin-Hardenne in november deelnemen aan de Masters in Los Angeles. En daar heeft de Belgische weinig zin in.

Justine Henin-Hardenne rust dezer dagen op haar lauweren in Monaco. De nummer zes van de WTA-lijst wil volledig fit zijn, vooraleer ze weer in competitie treedt.

Henin heeft dan ook weinig zin in de Masters, die op 7 november beginnen in Los Angeles.

source: http://www.sporza.be or http://www.vrtnieuws.net/sport_master/tennis/wta_toernooien/051024_henin_masters/index.html

Dexter
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Allez JuJu :hug: Do what you feel!

arn
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:59 PM
makes sense :)

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I truly believe that the top ten of the WTA should boycott the tournament as an act of solidarity. So many players injured and ill.

saniafan2005
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:08 PM
just checking...new user

Williams Rulez
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:13 PM
so she is forced to play? but is she really turning up?

Slumpsova
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:14 PM
she still has injury :shrug:

besides this is the tournament where you have to play at least 3 matches. i don't think Justine and Carlos can handle more than 1 lost per tournament. that is why she won't play unless she is 10000000% fit :p

lauryn
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:18 PM
The article also said if Justine qualifies but doesn't show up, she'll have to pay a 250 000 € fine :eek:

Greenout
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:19 PM
:haha:

She hasn't said anything yet! This is a stupid article. Besides, they only talk to the French papers Le Soir, and DH. The Flemish media get's everything after.

Don't be surprised if she doesn't show up in L.A, and takes that fine on the chin. (ouch!)

Williams Rulez
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:29 PM
The article also said if Justine qualifies but doesn't show up, she'll have to pay a 250 000 € fine :eek:tt's some heavy fine! :eek:

RenaSlam.
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:31 PM
Oh well.

:wavey:

marmite1
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:33 PM
The article also said if Justine qualifies but doesn't show up, she'll have to pay a 250 000 € fine :eek:

That is seriously harsh.

Wimanna
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM
:haha:

She hasn't said anything yet! This is a stupid article. Besides, they only talk to the French papers Le Soir, and DH. The Flemish media get's everything after.

Actually, their source IS Le Soir ;)

The Crow
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
This is just the interpretation of vrt teletext. Justine hasn't said anything yet to the best of my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong)

Magdalene
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Doesnt she have the option of withdrawing if she is really injured/not fit? The fine is really hefty... especially if she knows that she is not fit and probably not able to compete at 100%..

Lady
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:07 PM
She payed this fine last year, if it's necessary, she'll pay it this year as well.

But she hasn't said anything yet, now she'll have to show up just to prove this teletext wrong! :p

Spunky83
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:08 PM

Seriously?!? How sick is that?!?

fammmmedspin
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM
All she has to do is say "I feel tired" to get out of playing - the virus history will do the rest.
Turning up is a different matter. if the doctor says she can travel and is OK for that why shouldn't she do her bit supporting the tour?

It could be interesting with her Momo and venus sitting watching.

hablo
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:23 PM
this is infuriating :banghead:

I still think Momo should withdraw from YEC too, but to have to pay this kind of fine...

Poor Juju and Momo :hug:

Brooks.
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
don't go Justine....Venus needs the spot :) ...besides you probably won't win a tournament you don't even want to be at ;)

lynch79
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:37 PM
Justine will be there (and Venus too, I hope).

lucashg
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:51 PM
WHAT!

I don't think she'll be there, unfortunately. I so wanted her to play, but unfit and injured... just doesn't make all that sense to play if she can't properly or doesn't want to. I think she'll end up playing the fine again, and it's a joke how big it is! ¬¬

LOL - Justine, Amelie and Venus watching the YEC matches together. If the three of them won't play and Serena is done for the season, who the heck will show up?

hablo
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:54 PM
WHAT!

I don't think she'll be there, unfortunately. I so wanted her to play, but unfit and injured... just doesn't make all that sense to play if she can't properly or doesn't want to. I think she'll end up playing the fine again, and it's a joke how big it is! ¬¬

LOL - Justine, Amelie and Venus watching the YEC matches together. If the three of them won't play and Serena is done for the season, who the heck will show up?
why?? they have to be there even if they're not playing ?? :lol::p

stenen
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM

Because WTA is run by a bunch of sadists http://yelims.free.fr/Sexe/Sexe32.gif

joz
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:02 PM
As much as we all like to complain about the WTA... its tour provides a lot for players...holding tournaments around the globe, promoting the tournament and the players to the media. The tour does a lot to make the players stars... why shouldn’t it demand they play the ending "Best Players" tournament. The success of that tournament is directly related to the success of the tour. OTH, maybe to "shorten" the season the YEC should be cut. If players don't support it... fans won't support it.

As for injured players being required to be there, what's the big deal... they all honor commitments to sponsors, modeling, movies etc. when they are injured so why not this?

The players joined the tour knowing the rules... if they don't like those rules then don't sign on as a member of the tour. The players also have the ability to change rules, and for good or bad... often do vote new rules in and old ones out. I don't think the tour is evil to try to enforce the rules that players agreed to by becoming a part of the tour.

I think we have some top players who are tired or injured and who are just sounding off when asked questions... they understand it's there responsibility and something they committed to, and they understand that they have an option to pay a fine too.

maryc
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Is this the sort of "fine" that Sharapova had to pay for
the Acura Classic? What was it? She "paid" $100,000 US,
but that came out of the $600,000 US commitment bonus
she got from the Acura Classic?

Or is the YEC a different sort of beast?

Mary

hablo
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Because WTA is run by a bunch of sadists http://yelims.free.fr/Sexe/Sexe32.gif
I can't believe that players would have to pay a fine if they are injured or too tired to play!
that can't be right!

komorli
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:37 PM
What is with these articles? Justine hasn't said a thing about not playing the YEC....

:rolleyes:

vwfan
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Justine has been known to hype an injury or illness prior to a big tournament and then do just fine; her recent results, however, show that since leaving the clay she has barely been able to find her footing on other surfaces. We'll only know when the final draw is out!

JonBcn
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Blimey, you could spend your whole life mowing down pedestrians whilst drunk driving, and you still wouldn't get fined as much as if you committed the heinous crime of not going to a tennis tournament.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM
I think it is so barbaric for Justine to have to pay a fine if she isn't fit enough to play the YEC. :rolleyes:

Fingon
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:49 PM
The players joined the tour knowing the rules... if they don't like those rules then don't sign on as a member of the tour.

sure, and the wta is a dictatorhip, they will sacrificy their careers if they don't want the rules, what world do you live in?, that's what they do for a living, I don't like many rules in my workplace, so should I leave? The do not have a choice.

The players also have the ability to change rules,

whatever.

and for good or bad... often do vote new rules in and old ones out. I don't think the tour is evil to try to enforce the rules that players agreed to by becoming a part of the tour.

first of all, the wta only applies the rules when it suits them, most of the rules say the tour reserves the right to modify the rule without notice, and they have done that plenty of times.
Players are consulted only regarding very few issues, tournament directors and sponsors have a much greater influence.

I think we have some top players who are tired or injured and who are just sounding off when asked questions... they understand it's there responsibility and something they committed to, and they understand that they have an option to pay a fine too.
Of course they understand it, it doesn't mean they agree with it.
If the wta had a light clue on how to manage the tour it wouldn't be in the sorry state it is now. And things are going to get worse before they get better. I truly believe Larry Scott head is on the line, because sponsors and tournament directors are getting sick of top players not showing up because of injuries or whatever reason, and the wta has failed to address the problem. Some tournaments are pretty upset with the wta, some sponsors are upset as well, and most of the top players are, under those circumstances I don't see Larry Scott surviving too long, especially because he has no clue on how to manage the tour, and that will be the wta's finest day, whoever else comes behind him cannot be as bad, they can only get better.

cheo23
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:57 PM
Justine has been known to hype an injury or illness prior to a big tournament and then do just fine; her recent results, however, show that since leaving the clay she has barely been able to find her footing on other surfaces. We'll only know when the final draw is out!
:retard: :rolleyes: No she has not been known to HYPE an injury or illness...her illness & injuries are REAL..for u're information Queen Justine has been struggling w/ her hamstring since Warsaw. Thank U & have a Good DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

tennisjunky
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
people shouldn't blame fans for not coming out to support an event the top players dont even want to play. justine should think before she speaks. it's better to just say she's concerned about her health, than to say she wants to drop in the ranking to avoid having to play. that's just pathetic.

Carmen Mairena
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:16 PM
Fuck the WTA Justine! Have a nice rest and come back when you feel you're ready! :bowdown: :kiss: :hug:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
probably she doesnt want to be beaten by kim again :angel:

améliemomo
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:26 PM
this is infuriating :banghead:

I still think Momo should withdraw from YEC too, but to have to pay this kind of fine...

Poor Juju and Momo :hug:

I think the same.

YEC should be boycotted against the WTA.Its too much for them.

flyingmachine
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:36 PM
That's a lot. :eek:

flyingmachine
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:40 PM
people shouldn't blame fans for not coming out to support an event the top players dont even want to play. justine should think before she speaks. it's better to just say she's concerned about her health, than to say she wants to drop in the ranking to avoid having to play. that's just pathetic.
Offically, as far as anyone is concerned Justine hasn't speak anything of that matter.

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
well if Justine doesn't play then she better not do any charity tours because according to some on here....you shouldn't do that if you can't support the tour in the fall. :tape:

CoryAnnAvants#1
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:49 PM
If Justine is truly injured and the tour is making her play, I would go and then just say fuck em. Tank all three matches, don't move if the ball goes beyond her arms length, lose all the matches under an hour, and save $250,000 that way.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:51 PM
well if Justine doesn't play then she better not do any charity tours because according to some on here....you shouldn't do that if you can't support the tour in the fall. :tape:
well don't you worry about that. cuz according to most on this board Justine is only a coldhearted bitch who doesn't respect others; so she certainly doesn't do charity. :tape: oh, and jufans are "wanna be martyrs". just so yo know.

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Can't you EVER shut up? You are the most annoying and bitter cow this board has ever seen.

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM
well don't you worry about that. cuz according to most on this board Justine is only a coldhearted bitch who doesn't respect others; so she certainly doesn't do charity. :tape: oh, and jufans are "wanna be martyrs". just so yo know.

I'll remember that. ;)

Knizzle
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Can't you EVER shut up? You are the most annoying and bitter cow this board has ever seen.

Don't talk to her like that, you don't know her. You can't talk about nodody being annoying and bitter and as for cows, check ur username.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM
I'll remember that. ;)
thankx, please do, cuz being a Jufan is hard enough as it is already.
we really have all the bad luck of the world, just like our fav.
we're ugly, we're allways ill and we totally run ourselves into the ground
but we mean well, so please spare us, our pray for our souls ;)

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Don't talk to her like that, you don't know her. You can't talk about nodody being annoying and bitter and as for cows, check ur username.
I know her well enough to come to that conclusion, thank you. :)

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM

:tape:

btw, please don't quote, it's on ignore...:bounce:

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
thankx, please do, cuz being a Jufan is hard enough as it is already.
we really have all the bad luck of the world, just like our fav.
we're ugly, we're allways ill and we totally run ourselves into the ground
but we mean well, so please spare us, our pray for our souls ;)

ah, life's not that hard...if you're like your fav then at least you're rich. ;)

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM
she shouldn't play, it would be heartbreaking for her

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:03 PM
ah, life's not that hard...if you're like your fav then at least you're rich. ;)
yeah but i just got fined $250 000 for not showing up in college this morning :bigcry:

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:05 PM
yeah but i just got fines $250 000 for not showing up in college this morning :bigcry:

ah but sleeping in was worth it wasn't it and besides you can handle it....you're rich. :wavey:

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:05 PM
GoDom, you have sunk to a new low. Congrats.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:08 PM
ah but sleeping in was worth it wasn't it and besides you can handle it....you're rich. :wavey:
true ;) but I got this wax statue and it doesn't even look like me (maybe that's a good thing tho ;) ) ahhhhhhh! my life sucks. last semester I studied so hard i got a virus and now i'm like... declining :eek: :sad:

SJW
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:10 PM

its the case of pots and kettles my friend... pots and kettles.
re. JHH. dont go. pay the fine. you're a millionnairess anyway, the tour needs you more than you need to play the YEC ;)

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:16 PM
its the case of pots and kettles my friend... pots and kettles.
I'm not your friend. :)

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:17 PM
GoDom, you have sunk to a new low. Congrats.
Because I offended your darling Crocketta? Thanks but I have done that before. :)

SJW
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM
you're not really a pot or a kettle either. figure of speech. brilliant concept :)

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:21 PM
you're not really a pot or a kettle either. figure of speech. brilliant concept :)
Then you should try to master it. :)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:25 PM
I'm not your friend. :)

I don't think anyone is your friend, you're a sick sad pathetic person :)

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:26 PM
Because I offended your darling Crocketta? Thanks but I have done that before. :)

She's not my darling Rocketta, and I am quite sure that she can take of herself.

That post was just rude and uncalled for, even by the wonderful standard you have previously set.

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:27 PM
I don't think anyone is your friend, you're a sick sad pathetic person :)
Don't talk to me like that, you don't know me. You can't talk about nodody being sick sad pathetic.

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:30 PM
That post was just rude and uncalled for, even by the wonderful standard you have previously set.
Rude? Yes, as intended. Uncalled for? Nah.

SJW
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Then you should try to master it. :)

"the pot calling the kettle black" is a very well known saying. :o

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Don't talk to me like that, you don't know me. You can't talk about nodody being sick sad pathetic.

What's with the double negative in your sentence?? Horrible, horrible grammar. Loser.

GoDominique
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:02 PM
What's with the double negative in your sentence?? Horrible, horrible grammar. Loser.
Tell that to Knizzle, whom I was quoting. :)

charmedRic
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:03 PM
This is ridic.

lucashg
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:08 PM
pigam :lol: :yeah:

Joana
oh, and jufans are "wanna be martyrs". just so yo know.

What do you expect, we're Just Teenies anyway. :shrug:

Rocketta
true ;) but I got this wax statue and it doesn't even look like me (maybe that's a good thing tho ;) ) ahhhhhhh! my life sucks. last semester I studied so hard i got a virus and now i'm like... declining :eek: :sad:

C'est La Vie! Nothing stays the same unfortunately....but just think at least you have a husband that does the decorating for you. :D

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Tell that to Knizzle, whom I was quoting. :)

You were quoting me stupid.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:12 PM
C'est La Vie! Nothing stays the same unfortunately....but just think at least you have a husband that does the decorating for you. :D
too bad he gave me herpes :shrug:

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM

no one's perfect. :tape:

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM

:speakles:

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:15 PM
You were quoting me stupid.

GoDom is probably cackling and rubbing his hands together as I type this.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM
no one's perfect. :tape:
true, but my backhand is, for sure

Joana
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:32 PM

He's gay and only using you for money. And you're not friendship material either.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:38 PM
And you're not friendship material either.
I know, els callens told me (and all belgian newspapers). els :bowdown:

Joana
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:44 PM
I know, els callens told me (and all belgian newspapers). els :bowdown:

I know, if Els :bowdown: says it, it's got to be the truth.
But alas, you also cheat all the time.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:51 PM
I know, if Els :bowdown: says it, it's got to be the truth.
But alas, you also cheat all the time.
well my professor didn't ask me about the cheating. it's his job to ask.

meyerpl
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:53 PM
What the hell. I guess a million dollars isn't enough money to get excited about anymore, let alone $250.000. There was a time when any player would have crawled onto the court to play for that kind of money.

TF Chipmunk
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:54 PM
:eek: I'm surprised soemthing about Justine has sparked 3 pages worth of comments, in GM no less :o

Joana
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:56 PM
well my professor didn't ask me about the cheating. it's his job to ask.

You got that covered, alright.
But by all means, you fake your injuries too.

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:57 PM
:eek: I'm surprised soemthing about Justine has sparked 3 pages worth of comments, in GM no less :o
most of them provided by MOI ;)

pigam
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:59 PM
You got that covered, alright.
But by all means, you fake your injuries too.
I will have to ask my daady euhm coach carlos what to answer, cuz i don't know what to say anymore :sad:

Pheobo
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:03 PM
The WTA is being extremely unreasonable here, if they want players to show up more they should give tha players an off season so they're not always sick or injured.

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:23 PM
I will have to ask my daady euhm coach carlos what to answer, cuz i don't know what to say anymore :sad:

don't worry he'll stand up for you and let everyone know that 10 years ago, Els kicked your backpack on the way to school and therefore she's just jealous. :angel:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:33 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is this 250 000 € and how much is it in American dollars?

Greenout
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:17 PM

This is what you get for being so clingy, whiny, unfriendly and impossible to hold a conversation with.

Better ask your coach what to say, but do it in French, since that's the only
language you can understand, and barely write or read, err..allez? :tape: :tape:

Melly Flew Us
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:36 PM
i've completely lost the point of this thread.

allez christine!

TF Chipmunk
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:37 PM
i've completely lost the point of this thread.

allez christine!
:haha: That is so old :rolleyes: :p

TF Chipmunk
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:38 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is this 250 000 € and how much is it in American dollars?
I think someone posted it as $150,000 for not showing up :wavey:

K-Dog
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:39 PM
Well we are going to have Justine and Amelie at the YEC then and neither are ready to compete against the best. We will also have the tournament whores like Elena and Patty too. Venus will be left out and she deserves to be there. If I was the WTA, I would do what the ATP does: allow the Grand Slam champs in if they stay in the top 20 in the race.

Larry Scott is an idiot and if he wants to expand the sport he needs to have some balls. If a player is injured, then they don't have to pay anything. He needs to change the ranking system so that these stupid tournament whores who play 2 times more than anyother top player don't get in because they play so much. The qualifiers this year should be are: Kim, Justine, Venus, and Serena. The other top 4 players then qualify after that. If Serena doesn't want to play, then fine. The next player in line gets in. This way Lindsay, Maria, Amelie, and Mary P. all make it. Those are the top eight this year, PERIOD!!! Maybe then either Elena, Patty or Nadia qualify for the championships.

If the champioships are w/o Venus, who besides Maria are they going to have to sell tickets? If Venus isn't in, expect record lows in attendance in a tennis event EVER!! The qualifiers are prob going to be Lindsay, Kim, Maria, Amelie, Mary, Justine, Patty, and Elena. Elena and Patty because they are tournament whores and neither especially Elena D. have performed well enough to be in. Not to mention Venus raped Elena on clay this year and actually won a tournament. Larry Scott should step in and say that if Elena doesn't win one of her final tournaments, Venus as the Wimbledon Champ gets in over her. I've said enough. This years YEC are going to be stupid!!

fammmmedspin
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:58 PM

Yes thats the point. players that would be there playing if not injured have to promote the tour and turn up. Two alternates who didn't get in also have to turn up just in case someone falls over at the last minute.
We could have as many palyers sitting watching as playing if we had worse case on injuries.

Its obviously so that they can get the people they want promoting the event and the tour. You suspect its designed to catch big stars like Venus and serena who they want on TV - now Maria is around in that role it makes sure Maria turns up for the photographers and TV even if she can't play. They probably don't want Christine but they can't have a rule that says the people we want for PR must come so it catches everyone.

Presumably if you were bedridden or couldn't travel a doctor could write a note - but then you would be in trouble if you were seen not being bedridden...

fammmmedspin
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:03 AM
The WTA is being extremely unreasonable here, if they want players to show up more they should give tha players an off season so they're not always sick or injured.

Justine had the best part of a year off and half this year. it makes little difference to the virus if she has a longer break at christmas.

fammmmedspin
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:30 AM
Well we are going to have Justine and Amelie at the YEC then and neither are ready to compete against the best. We will also have the tournament whores like Elena and Patty too. Venus will be left out and she deserves to be there. If I was the WTA, I would do what the ATP does: allow the Grand Slam champs in if they stay in the top 20 in the race.

Larry Scott is an idiot and if he wants to expand the sport he needs to have some balls. If a player is injured, then they don't have to pay anything. He needs to change the ranking system so that these stupid tournament whores who play 2 times more than anyother top player don't get in because they play so much. The qualifiers this year should be are: Kim, Justine, Venus, and Serena. The other top 4 players then qualify after that. If Serena doesn't want to play, then fine. The next player in line gets in. This way Lindsay, Maria, Amelie, and Mary P. all make it. Those are the top eight this year, PERIOD!!! Maybe then either Elena, Patty or Nadia qualify for the championships.

If the champioships are w/o Venus, who besides Maria are they going to have to sell tickets? If Venus isn't in, expect record lows in attendance in a tennis event EVER!! The qualifiers are prob going to be Lindsay, Kim, Maria, Amelie, Mary, Justine, Patty, and Elena. Elena and Patty because they are tournament whores and neither especially Elena D. have performed well enough to be in. Not to mention Venus raped Elena on clay this year and actually won a tournament. Larry Scott should step in and say that if Elena doesn't win one of her final tournaments, Venus as the Wimbledon Champ gets in over her. I've said enough. This years YEC are going to be stupid!!

Maria is vital - which is why they have this rule to catch walking injured who otherwise wouldn't bother to support the tour. I suspect an LA crowd would be happy enough with Lindsay doing well. If they have Maria playing I suspect the media won't notice Venus - it just confuses the story. People worldwide like Kim, CA fans love Lindsay and the media will focus on Maria anyway.

Venus won a GS 4 months ago. She has done little since and lost to a player currently ranked in the sixties in her most recent match. Dementieva has recently beaten the player who stopped Venus in her two tournaments before that and has a good recent record against most of the rest of the field. Schnyder has more wins on tour than practically all the top 10 in 2005 and has a career history of being able to beat top players when she is in form - she showed in a Tier 1 final last week she is in form. Your maths seems to be poor as Dementieva and Schnyder have played nothing like twice as many tournaments as the average player - unless you think the players who play least are average rather than abnormal. Dementieva has actually only played one over the 17 tournaments that count for the ranking. Rewarding players who support the tour by doing what they should do - play - seems a good idea.

Bottom line if Venus is fit she has had plenty of recent chances to secure her position. if she isn't there is no point in her playing at the YEC.

Rub
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:04 AM
hope justine can be 100% next season!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:19 AM
Venus won a GS 4 months ago. She has done little since and lost to a player currently ranked in the sixties in her most recent match. .

Venus' last lost was to Clijsters at the US Open, what the F*CK are you talking about???

Junex
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:56 AM

her charity event has been cancelled months ago...

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Yes thats the point. players that would be there playing if not injured have to promote the tour and turn up. Two alternates who didn't get in also have to turn up just in case someone falls over at the last minute.
We could have as many palyers sitting watching as playing if we had worse case on injuries.

Its obviously so that they can get the people they want promoting the event and the tour. You suspect its designed to catch big stars like Venus and serena who they want on TV - now Maria is around in that role it makes sure Maria turns up for the photographers and TV even if she can't play. They probably don't want Christine but they can't have a rule that says the people we want for PR must come so it catches everyone.

Presumably if you were bedridden or couldn't travel a doctor could write a note - but then you would be in trouble if you were seen not being bedridden...

Yeah, but the YEC is held in LA of all places and Maria is not well-liked in that neck of the woods so turn out with her alone will be nil. Lindsay turning up may help, but not as much as if Venus and Serena were there and that's just the truth. :shrug:

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:12 AM
Venus' last lost was to Clijsters at the US Open, what the F*CK are you talking about???
That's what makes his post so incredible. Especially the part about Maria being the center of attention in LA.

AkademiQ
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:14 AM
That's what makes his post so incredible. Especially the part about Maria being the center of attention in LA.

Funny because of all the love CA girl Serena got in each match last year at the YEC. So much so that her supporters in the crowd were recognized each and every single match she played.

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:18 AM
Funny because of all the love CA girl Serena got in each match last year at the YEC. So much so that her supporters in the crowd were recognized each and every single match she played.
Are you talking about Serena?

Knizzle
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:20 AM

He's an idiot who in an effort to try and prove that Venus isn't good enough, checked Venus' activity for this year and hurriedly saw an L by w/o by her name and ran back here as fast as he could to use it against Venus thinking it was an actual loss. This just proves he knows nothing about Venus, a player he's currently trying to discredit.

AkademiQ
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:21 AM
Are you talking about Serena?

Yes. Serena will and has her supporters wherever she goes, especially in CA as was exhibited last year. For fammmm to spin it otherwise is just flat out ridiculous just like his other claims.

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:22 AM
Yes. Serena will and has her supporters wherever she goes, especially in CA as was exhibited last year. For fammmm to spin it otherwise is just flat out ridiculous just like his other claims.
Well, spin is his name and spin is his game. :lol:

Rome
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:23 AM
Who care if she plays.

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Who care if she plays.

I do, because that might be Venus' free ticket into the YEC.

Rocketta
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:42 AM
Who care if she plays.

um, now this is just a guess but I will say, "her fans?" :shrug:

TF Chipmunk
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:29 AM
um, now this is just a guess but I will say, "her fans?" :shrug:
I think the majority of us want her to rest ;)

hwanmig
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:45 AM

You seem to be attacking Elena as if it would be her fault if Venus would not qualify for YEC. Elena is not a tournament whore you idiota :lol: ,she's only on her 18th tournament for the year. You sound very desperate and for your info. YEC is not a popularity race, if it was then I'd accept that Elena is not even top 20. If the wta does not sell tickets I'd bet with my life that when you wake up tommorow you would still have a roof over your head. Get it and you sound very desperate dude, Chill :cool: .

:p ELENA DEMENTIEVA & RICHARD GASQUET :p

Lady
Oct 25th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I think the majority of us want her to rest ;)

That's still caring! ;)

And no, I don't want her to rest. Is she tired? From what - not playing? ;)

I want her to heal and to train as hard as she can! :p

TF Chipmunk
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:01 AM
That's still caring! ;)

And no, I don't want her to rest. Is she tired? From what - not playing? ;)

I want her to heal and to train as hard as she can! :p
Rest up that pathetic little hammy :rolleyes:

Greenout
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:11 AM
You seem to be attacking Elena as if it would be her fault if Venus would not qualify for YEC. Elena is not a tournament whore you idiota :lol: ,she's only on her 18th tournament for the year. You sound very desperate and for your info. YEC is not a popularity race, if it was then I'd accept that Elena is not even top 20. If the wta does not sell tickets I'd bet with my life that when you wake up tommorow you would still have a roof over your head. Get it and you sound very desperate dude, Chill :cool: .

:p ELENA DEMENTIEVA & RICHARD GASQUET :p

It's not the popular opinion of many Justine supporters. I like Elena alot, and would be happy if she took BOSSY's berth in the YEC. In fact, Justine herself is very fond of Elena D.

I wonder how they held a conversation because according to Els Callens, Justine is impossible to speak to, and Elena is one of many generic Russian tennis players that can barely read two words in a book. :p

propi
Oct 25th, 2005, 06:28 AM
Tale a rest, Justine after all you've won a GS and that's what counts :kiss:
As long as you show next year in Madrid everything will be ok... what makes me wonder about American players next year in Madrid for YEC :o

Zauber
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:16 AM
This is the kind of pressure on players that is detrimental to the sport.
A job. A business. But not a sport.
So much for sport fans. I dont watch a sport to see people crawling for money.

switz
Oct 25th, 2005, 08:33 AM

it's euros. about $300 000 US.

terjw
Oct 25th, 2005, 09:51 AM

But that was one factual error in an otherwise very well reasoned post. It doesn't alter fammmedspin's basic point which is spot on. The WTA is absolutely right to insist on players turning up to promote the event even if they can't play. It is absolutely right to impose fines. And they will be absolutely right when they don't use their WC. The YEC will be fine with the players who qualify even if Venus, Serena, Justine don't play.

As to some poster suggesting Justine should just play and make no attempt to play any ball out of her reach - she would make a lot of enemies. Imagine if you paid to see the match and she did that. Completely unprofessional - she won't of course do that - but she would have to be disciplined further if she did.

Some ppl need to realise that no player is bigger than the WTA. The players need the WTA more than the WTA needs any one player.