PDA

View Full Version : The new #1. Congratulations, Daven :)

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:41 AM
#1. Daven :yeah: probably she will hold it until the end of this year. She def Maria like 6-0 6-0 this year. :rolleyes:

#2. Kim :hearts: H2H, kim leads/def Maria 4-0 :haha:

#3. Maria :lol: :bigclap:

#4 Always MoMo :sad:

#5 Great comeback and magic pigtail: Mary Pierce. :banana:

Myskin
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:51 AM
I definatly think Maria should not finish No. 1. But doesn't it depend on Clijsters performance over the next couple of weeks- because can't she overtake Davenport?

Not that I want her to, Davenport has played great tennis this year!

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:00 AM
I definatly think Maria should not finish No. 1. But doesn't it depend on Clijsters performance over the next couple of weeks- because can't she overtake Davenport?

Not that I want her to, Davenport has played great tennis this year!

Good point :yeah:

Sadly, she didnt get 2 GS this year.

tenn_ace
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:03 AM
new?

Geisha
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Lindsay! ! ! :)

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:53 AM
Where's all that talk about a "slamless" #1?????

Or is that talk only reserved for Maria????

:rolleyes:

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:54 AM
Where's all that talk about a "slamless" #1?????

Or is that talk only reserved for Maria????

:rolleyes:

odd isn't it? :confused:

Kenny
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:04 AM
Maria hasn't even made it to a GS final this year though. Lindsay has. Kim could and should end the year as #1, so that's good. .. Hopefully, Venus can get as high as possible! :)

No Name Face
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:07 AM
if lenaD had a more consistent year last year she could have hit #1 with those GS finals :sad:

anyway...congrats Lindsay! you deserve it. i want clijsters to hit the top spot for a little while though, so be sure to share :yeah:

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:36 AM
[QUOTE=No Name Face]if lenaD had a more consistent year last year she could have hit #1 with those GS finals :sad:

QUOTE]

the lenaD point is something i haven't thought about before...she got to 2 slam finals just like lindsay did this year...but lenas rest of the year wasn't as strong. that sucks! oh well, congrats lindsay.

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:48 AM
what a great week davenport, very proud of you:)

Lindsayfan32
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:34 AM
As long Lindsay and Kim are one and two in the year end rankings I don't care which order. They have been the top two all year. Maria is 3rd at best.

Stephieva
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:47 AM
Linds, pls keep your #1 position till the end of the year...
and win AO next :bowdown:

dinhd82
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Congrats Lindsay!

I hope Maria comes back to top form again, and actually starts beating Kim and Justine, she can beat the rest cuz she already has..but I think the 2 belgians are the key.

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Congrats Lindsay!

I hope Maria comes back to top form again, and actually starts beating Kim and Justine, she can beat the rest cuz she already has..but I think the 2 belgians are the key.

i figured when they came back maria would have a lot more trouble. hopefully she gets better and improves aspects of her game so she can beat them.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:22 AM
kim is just too good for maria :p