PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Tennis Official: "Foreign Coaches To Be Hired, No Expense Will Be Spared"

pierce0415
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:02 AM
I read an interview with Chinese tennis officials in the newspaper. It is in Chinese so can't post it here but

Former volleyball star / president of the Chinese Tennis Association Sun Jing Fang stated that the National team will undergo a strict training program this winter in Guangzhou.

It has also been decided that foreign coaches will be hired to help the Chinese girls develop technically and mentally and that money is not an issue :D

I see this as a positive sign because the CTA has finally realized that Na Li is right and that their coaching is not up to world class standards.

Pengwin
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:03 AM
See, money does buy you happiness :p

Pengwin
Then again they got tons of foreign coaches for the football squad which made the players amazing :rolleyes:

Penglover
probably they just dont want to hear Na Li bitching again :angel:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Hopefully there will be at least 2 Chinese players go into QF of AO next year :bigclap:

Myskin
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:05 AM
probably they just dont want to hear Na Li bitching again :angel:

:haha:

njnetswill
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Well China does this for every sport they naturally aren't very good at. I think mentally yes, they do need work.

pierce0415
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:06 AM
Hopefully there will be at least 2 Chinese players go into QF of AO next year :bigclap:

That would be great but maybe a bit too early. However, with good draws, anything can happen :D

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:09 AM
That would be great but maybe a bit too early. However, with good draws, anything can happen :D

beware of Peng, Na Li and Yan zi :angel:

Marta fears Yan Zi the most :lol:

Will Nastya and peng meet again in AO? :banana:

I hope Na Li will overcome screamingva next year. :bounce: :bounce:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:49 AM
Well China does this for every sport they naturally aren't very good at. I think mentally yes, they do need work.

China has no past history in the sport of tennis, so it would make perfect sense they bring experienced coaches from other countries in the fold.

Any sport the Chinese train hard for and invest in, they generally end up dominating. Diving is just one example. Considering they are the most populous country on earth, it is inevitable that they will field many tennis champions in the future. Russia is another example.

And considering the huge market of tennis fans in China, the WTA will most assuredly and shamelessly whore itself to the communists for tons of $$$$$$$.

ys
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Considering they are the most populous country on earth, it is inevitable that they will field many tennis champions in the future. Russia is another example.

They won't. Tennis is different. Russia was achieving nothing or next to nothing until they have become an open country and allowed ALL their players to travel freely and play whatever and wherever they want to play and become personally and financially motivated in their success. I don't see that happening in China..

Considering they are the most populous country on earth where next to 50 million play soccer and millions of people play rugby .. they are yet to produce a world class soccer or rugby player..

Rising Sun
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:16 AM
Na was complaining about the fact that she didn't have a coach who would travel and work with her individually. I don't think it's a big change in her eyes. :confused:

BTW, are the players based in Guangzhou or Beijing? :confused:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:27 AM
They won't. Tennis is different. Russia was achieving nothing or next to nothing until they have become an open country and allowed ALL their players to travel freely and play whatever and wherever they want to play and become personally and financially motivated in their success. I don't see that happening in China..

Considering they are the most populous country on earth where next to 50 million play soccer and millions of people play rugby .. they are yet to produce a world class soccer or rugby player..

you cant beat it... 1.3 billion to support volleyball, table tennis, diving and badminton :haha:

Mother_Marjorie
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:00 AM

Do you remember Natasha Zvereva or Olga????? Both Russian players who excelled in International Tennis under the Soviet system. Zvereva's huge complaint came about having to give the Russian Tennis federation a lot of her earnings. However, it didn't stop her from playing her best.

If the Chinese invest more in its tennis players, the likelihood they produce several champions will exponentially increase, communism or not.

Pengwin
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Can we replace the word communism with 'CTA'?

It's not like players are forced to travel around with them, it's just that most of them have no choice because they can't afford to travel around themseleves.

See Peng Shuai and Meng Yuan who are independant.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:41 PM
I feel sick after finished my curry beef rice. :scared: