PDA

View Full Version : Maria can win ALL 4 slams next year

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:06 PM
if she keeps fit and fully motivated.and don't make any movies

Calimero377
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:07 PM

And she doesn't get double-bageled by veterans ...

Nacho
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:08 PM
of course she can, but she won't

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:09 PM
I dont think its going to happen

new-york
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
she can, everything can happen. but i don't think she will....and at the end of the day. we'll look at the facts.

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:10 PM
I dont think its going to happen

true.

Jessica could be pregnant by then.and no way they would ever make Dukes of hazard 2 without her

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:14 PM
true.

Jessica could be pregnant by then.and no way they would ever make Dukes of hazard 2 without her

She is gettting divorced i reckon.

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:15 PM
She is gettting divorced i reckon.

seriously??? i not hear what happen.tell me :)

crazyroberto6767
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
You must avoid magazine covers and grammar lessons at all costs.

lindsayno1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:18 PM
I am willing to bet that Maria will never win the French.

cecil jones

but most of all the Internet

cecil jones

a Lindsay fan would know all about this for sure ;)

volta
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
:lol: :lol:

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:20 PM

Their relationship is on the rocks. Apparently theyve gone for a break in Italy to try and repair their relationship.

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:21 PM
Their relationship is on the rocks. Apparently theyve gone for a break in Italy to try and repair their relationship.

i never pay much attention to them or other stars.i have enough problems with my own life...as you can see :lol:

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
i never pay much attention to them or other stars.i have enough problems with my own life...as you can see :lol:

I dont really care, i just get bored with all my free time. Why do you think I post here :lol:

Dexter
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:22 PM
Guys, just don't post in these troll's threads :rolleyes:

PaulieM
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
some of your posts are actually quite funny.:) if you're gonna troll i guess it's better that some of it is at least funny. :shrug:

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:24 PM
Guys, just don't post in these troll's threads :rolleyes:

:lol: so WHY did you post???

what did you do. put your glasses on backwards and walk into yourself?

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
some of your posts are actually quite funny.:) if you're gonna troll i guess it's better that some of it is at least funny. :shrug:

:yeah:

ampers&
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:26 PM
She can, but I doubt she will.
i do think that she'll win one next year, but all four???
I doubt it...:)

Pengwin
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:27 PM
Are you Creep?

PaulieM
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:29 PM
Are you Creep?
:lol: i was just thinking that.

ampers&
Are you Creep?
i thought you were Creep. :confused:

Pengwin
i thought you were Creep. :confused:

Who knows ;)

marmite1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:31 PM
Who knows ;)

indeed.

Slumpsova
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:32 PM
:lol: i was just thinking that.

well me too ;)

cartmancop
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:39 PM
Honestly don't think Maria will ever win the French... The AO & USO she'll surely win eventually but her game is completely neutralized on the clay. JHH or Amelie, etc. can match her shot for shot on clay & Maria's defense isn't good enough... who knows maybe she'll improve it, but it would take a lot of luck for her to win the French.

lindsayno1
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:50 PM
a Lindsay fan would know all about this for sure ;)

err yes! Maria has a power game like Lindsay which isnt effective on clay. Shes not a clay courter and you need to have those characteristics. Thats why Lindsay has never won it. She doesnt slide, she doesnt play clay court tennis and its slow. Maria likes a fast game too and her strengths are taken away there, like Davenports!

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:51 PM
err yes! Maria has a power game like Lindsay which isnt effective on clay. Shes not a clay courter and you need to have those characteristics. Thats why Lindsay has never won it. She doesnt slide, she doesnt play clay court tennis and its slow. Maria likes a fast game too and her strengths are taken away there, like Davenports!

as Lindsay says.

Maria can win them all

Hots4Safin
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:04 PM
actually Maria has great defense, it's just her patience isn't good enough to win on clay. But hey, if Serena can win the French and Venus can get to the final, who knows for Maria?

souam
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
of course she can, but she won't
ditto

améliemomo
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:05 PM
hum... forget about the French.Sorry.

Slumpsova
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:08 PM
wow she finally gets green dots :lol:

cecil jones
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:08 PM
hum... forget about the French.Sorry.

thats what the Mauresmo fans have printed on their T-shirts when RG comes around.

Pengwin
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:09 PM
wow she finally gets green dots :lol:
He used his other accounts to bring him up clearly :haha:

DragonFlame
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:10 PM
good joke :lol: seriously :o , you really can't expect that from her. if she wins a wimbledon again her year has been more succesfull enough :)

iPatty
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:19 PM
You're a really bored person aren't you Cecil?

@m@nd@
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:22 PM
maria will not win all 4 slams next year. shes lucky if she wins more than 1. she might in the future, but definetely not next year.

timafi
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:30 PM
hell before sreamapova wins I'd put my money on Mauresmo stop choking and winning at home :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy.
Oct 23rd, 2005, 10:36 PM
Maybe in a few years. But it would be great if it was next year

Blonde_Ambition7
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:25 PM
yes she can and i would love for her too but i don't think that she will.

morningglory
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:30 PM
she CAN for 3 of them... I'd say put RG in the cupboard for now... will she??? I hope so... but I'd be happy with just one, WImbledon particularly. :)

Chunchun
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:44 PM
:yawn:

Pengwin
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:45 PM

Pu jie :ras:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:48 AM
:yawn: too early to dream

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:49 AM
one day kim is still here, Maria cant be an outstanding tennis player in WTA. H2H, kim leads maria 4-0 :angel:

dreamgoddess099
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:00 AM
if she keeps fit and fully motivated.and don't make any moviesSo could Martina N, but I wouldn't put any money on it.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:04 AM
Maybe in a few years. But it would be great if it was next year

and she will say "I am just 21" :lol:

Mudbone
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:05 AM
You sound like an out of work comedian!!! Sharapova will not win any slam in 2006!!!!

Dan23
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:19 AM
and she will say "I am just 21" :lol::yawn:

You sound like an out of work comedian!!!You have a new mate then...:p

Sharapova will not win any slam in 2006!!!!Dont be so sure

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:33 AM

You have a new mate then...:p

Dont be so sure

:cuckoo:

Rub
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:35 AM
she can if she doesn't face kim...

Dan23
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:35 AM
:cuckoo:
:hatoff:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:37 AM
she can if she doesn't face kim...

plus venus, daven and juju :angel:

She/russian players were lucky last year because those top players werent fit or got injured.

See, this year... they played like :retard:

waratahsrock
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:39 AM

She/russian players were lucky last year because those top players werent fit or got injured.

See, this year... they played like :retard:

Yet when those top players came back and played, she still got to number 1.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:41 AM

yet, daven didnt play many tournaments to push screamingva to number 1 :angel: :cuckoo:

waratahsrock
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:42 AM
yet, daven didnt play many tournaments to push screamingva to number 1 :angel: :cuckoo:

so how many tournaments has maria played since wimbledon?

venus_rulez
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:43 AM

She got to number one while virtually no one but her die hard fans consider her to be the best player at the moment........some achievement.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:44 AM
so how many tournaments has maria played since wimbledon?

anyway daven is a great woman. she stopped to defend her points :angel:

Remember :banana: daven def maria 6-0 6-0 this year :lol:

charmedRic
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:46 AM
Oh please. Get serious ppl. Stop bickering like little children.

Enjoy the game. Watch the sport. Root for your favorites.

...and stop the non-sense tangential discussion.

tintin_honey
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:47 AM
anything can happen in tennis....its possible for maria to at least win one grandslam...but not all four...hey there's kim and lindsay..... and lets not forget elena and the williams sisters....

waratahsrock
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:48 AM
She got to number one while virtually no one but her die hard fans consider her to be the best player at the moment........some achievement.

She got to number 1 by being consistantly good over a 52 week period - whilst holding the YEC which a lot of people conveniently forget. At the moment she is clearly not the best - it is hard to play to the best of your ability when your injured!
Some achievement? Being the first person from your country to become #1 in the world? HELL YES

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:49 AM
She got to number 1 by being consistantly good over a 52 week period - whilst holding the YEC which a lot of people conveniently forget. At the moment she is clearly not the best - it is hard to play to the best of your ability when your injured!
Some achievement? Being the first person from your country to become #1 in the world? HELL YES

hingis is much better.

waratahsrock
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:51 AM
hingis is much better.

Yes, Hingis has a achieved a lot in her career.
Maria is still developing. Lets compare when Maria's tennis career is over ;)

~|Naomi|~
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:52 AM

She got to number one then because she had points from the last 52 weeks while the others didn't, for example bar semi final points in Hasselt 2004 Kim only had points from Antwerp in February onwards whereas Maria had played a full schedule & still has points she had won when they weren't there so not a valid comparison. Simple. Was Maria number 1 in the race when she got to number 1 in the rankings? Wait until they all have points from the last 52 weeks then compare (note that won't happen in Kim's case till Antwerp next year).

Maris got and deserve number 1 for the reason I said she had points over the last 52 weeks, that is what the ranking system supports.

Ofcourse Maria CAN win all 4, all the players theoretically CAN win all 4, will she? Not likely. Look at this year, 4 different winners. She is highly unlikely to win the French but especially if JHH & Kim & the Williams are 100% fit.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:57 AM
Yes, Hingis has a achieved a lot in her career.
Maria is still developing. Lets compare when Maria's tennis career is over ;)

how old were hingis to achieve #1? :angel:

xan
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:07 AM
Maria's beaten them all!

See, this year... they played like :retard: Everyone has ups and downs. So did Maria. She still got to no 1.

If Maria plays well she can win more slams next year. I don't know if she's quite ready to dominate in this coming year though - so 4 is a bit of a leap! You really need to dominate to take 4 slams in a year!

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:11 AM

what movies is she planing to make - a secret sex gang bang video with Maroon 5 band :p .

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:11 AM
Maria's beaten them all!
Everyone has ups and downs. So did Maria. She still got to no 1.

If Maria plays well she can win more slams next year. I don't know if she's quite ready to dominate in this coming year though - so 4 is a bit of a leap! You really need to dominate to take 4 slams in a year!

:retard: :cuckoo: :yawn: you deserve these 3 icons

Dan23
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:23 AM
:retard: :cuckoo: :yawn: you deserve these 3 iconsJust the first one is good for you...

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:29 AM
what movies is she planing to make - a secret sex gang bang video with Maroon 5 band :p .

the director only wants her screaming voice :p

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Just the first one is good for you...

Myskin
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
LMAO this is the most ridiculas post ever! There is no way Maria will win all four Grandslams, LOL, she will be lucky to win more than 1- thats if she can get 1.

RatedR Superstar
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:40 AM
..dumbest thing ive read today :rolleyes: pfft

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:43 AM
yeah... the new #3 :rolleyes:

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:45 AM
the director only wants her screaming voice :p

:haha:

Portobello
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:38 AM
I hope she'll :yeah:

Erika_Angel
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Maria can win ALL 4 slams next year..

So can Zvonereva.
It's theoretically possible, but it ain't gonna happen.

Kenny
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:31 AM
bbb - bull baby bull!

:)

jacobruiz
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Maria's beaten them all!
Everyone has ups and downs. So did Maria. She still got to no 1.

:shrug: Why talk to that idiot like he's got some sense? He's both a Maria-hater and a moron.

dinhd82
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:23 AM
no.

Sharapower
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:35 AM
Yes she can, but at least 5 other players can as well... So she probably won't.

VeraNuVirgosFan
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:49 AM
Maria can win ALL 4 slams next year
Masha won't win, but none of your fave players will "win ALL 4 slams next year" either.

But keep discussing this matter, because a number of top players aren't playing right now, so we've got nothing much to talk about on this board.

WonderfulLee
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:07 AM
she won't!

because she still injury and won't play after 6-0 6-0 lost to qualifier at 1st round AO!

:devil:

rrfnpump
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:10 AM
I think Masha will become a player who will win it all in her career (Aus Open, Wimbledon, US Open, YEC, maybe Olympics), but she will never win French Open I think

Masha :smooch:

Yasmine
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Yes she can, but at least 5 other players can as well... So she probably won't.
:yeah: definitely!

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:13 AM
I think Masha will become a player who will win it all in her career (Aus Open, Wimbledon, US Open, YEC, maybe Olympics), but she will never win French Open I think

Masha :smooch:

nicole, ALG and peng :yeah:

Majeka
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:14 AM

But what if Anna K. comes back to the tour?

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:20 AM
come on, can he delete this :retard: thread?

willrock
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM
This thread is so :lol:
It is the same type of thread as " Mauresmo will win French Open next year..."
:smash:

oddkayla
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:01 AM
I always marvel at posters ability to digress!! The issue is not whether she has reached number one or not, or how she got there.

The issue is whether she can/will win all four slams last year.

Last year when she won wimbledon, people, following the lead from commentators were anointing her as the grass court queen who was going to rule Wimbledon. They also were going on about how she would win majors left and right. Before we got far, Mary Pierce silenced them for a while by beating her in the fourth round. We head to Australia, and people still thought she'd win everything, until Serena silenced them.

We know about the French, because there is no way Justine loses to Maria on clay, unless she is seriously sick. Wimbledon, the girl beats lower ranked players and I swear if commentators were the custodians of the Venus Rosewater Dish, they'd have given it to her. Thank God Venus proved who was the Grass court goddess.

It all gets down to this: Maria is a very good player, great even, but she has been found out by the top players. There is no surprise element there. She is tenacious, but ever since this year, when I've been watching her, I have seen the panic in her eyes and her play. The predators look for that one moment of panic when feet feel weighed down by lead.

She will win majors but not all four. I would bet money she does not even win two!

tennisrox
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:26 AM

I can't believe this,but i think i have to give Cali a good rep for this one :lol: :yeah:

tennisrox
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I always marvel at posters ability to digress!! The issue is not whether she has reached number one or not, or how she got there.

Last year when she won wimbledon, people, following the lead from commentators were anointing her as the grass court queen who was going to rule Wimbledon. They also were going on about how she would win majors left and right. Before we got far, Mary Pierce silenced them for a while by beating her in the fourth round. We head to Australia, and people still thought she'd win everything, until Serena silenced them.

We know about the French, because there is no way Justine loses to Maria on clay, unless she is seriously sick. Wimbledon, the girl beats lower ranked players and I swear if commentators were the custodians of the Venus Rosewater Dish, they'd have given it to her. Thank God Venus proved who was the Grass court goddess.

It all gets down to this: Maria is a very good player, great even, but she has been found out by the top players. There is no surprise element there. She is tenacious, but ever since this year, when I've been watching her, I have seen the panic in her eyes and her play. The predators look for that one moment of panic when feet feel weighed down by lead.

She will win majors but not all four. I would bet money she does not even win two!

Absolutely correct.Pure power game,but not enough power,not enough shots.No variety to overcome physical limitations.She may win another slam,but she will never dominate,unless the next generation of youngsters are totally useless,but they seem like a promising bunch.I don't think she is the next on the all-time great list.She is a good player though.Definitely top class.

If she ever wins all four slams in a year I will eat a smelly sock.

Dan23
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM

Only fools would have been expecting Maria to win every GS after that Wimbledon win. She showed that when her game comes together she can beat anyone and shes now working on getting together a more consistant game and improving areas that need it. I also dont buy the 'shes been worked out by the top players' arguement....its more like the other top players actually worked themselves out and played very well when it mattered...something Maria struggled with a little at times this year.

dinhd82
Oct 24th, 2005, 10:58 AM
Maria came very close to beating Serena at the AUopen, in fact she should have...so no silencing there...it was just Serena pulling it out.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Absolutely correct.Pure power game,but not enough power,not enough shots.No variety to overcome physical limitations.She may win another slam,but she will never dominate,unless the next generation of youngsters are totally useless,but they seem like a promising bunch.I don't think she is the next on the all-time great list.She is a good player though.Definitely top class.

If she ever wins all four slams in a year I will eat a smelly sock.

poor sock :angel:

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Maria came very close to beating Serena at the AUopen, in fact she should have...so no silencing there...it was just Serena pulling it out.

win is win, no excuse please :rolleyes:

oddkayla
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evidently you did not watch that match! If you did, you watched it on mute! All of those clowns at ESPN literally shut up!!! She did silence them. However way Serena won that match, she was the one in the final!

Kade Kempson
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evidently you did not watch that match! If you did, you watched it on mute! All of those clowns at ESPN literally shut up!!! She did silence them. However way Serena won that match, she was the one in the final!

I honestly do not think she'll win all four of the slams.

Her game is not good enough. People like Serena and Venus Willliams, Lindsay Davenport, and Kim Clijsters and Justine have alll hatched onto her gameplan.

Recently all of these players have beaten her fair and square.

I do not think she'll win:

Wimbledon: Venus, Serena or Lindsay will stop her.

US Open: Kim Clijsters, Lindsay Davenport, or Venus will stop her.

French Open: Justine will stop her

Australian Open: Someone like Mary Pierce or Serena will stop her.

All of the same names keep re-appearing, which is conclusive to the fact that all of these players are better than her.

Maybe if she has a good easy draw, and maybe if half the top players are injured, then she'll probably win a slam, but not all of them.

Dan23
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:28 PM
Please...Maria can and has beaten all of them, aside from Kim, fair and square and more than once. Its true that on any given day they can stop her but Maria wont be kept down consistantly. In most of those big matches this year (especially later in the year) Maria tennis in parts that the opponent had no answer for...when she regains the stamina to do that consistantly then the results will be different.

Penglover
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:42 PM
just remember, she will say "I am just 19" next year :angel:

Kade Kempson
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Please...Maria can and has beaten all of them, aside from Kim, fair and square and more than once. Its true that on any given day they can stop her but Maria wont be kept down consistantly. In most of those big matches this year (especially later in the year) Maria tennis in parts that the opponent had no answer for...when she regains the stamina to do that consistantly then the results will be different.

Why the are you in denial?

Yes Maria has beaten them but they have beaten Maria.

I seriously doubt she'd beat a fit Venus, Serena or Lindsay.

Let's not forget the loss against Lindsay 6-0 6-0., I mean come on!! Considering she was supposed to be the "best player in the world", that would probably be the upset of her career.

I do agree with the "Maria tennis in parts......."

But she is not the only one who can produce astounding Tennis. That factor is also applicable to the top players.

Slumpsova
Oct 24th, 2005, 01:32 PM
Cecile must be proud that her stupid thread can get this much attention :lol:

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Cecile's thread isn't really more stupid than many on this board.

She's just following the example of others who like to post controversial titles. :)

bellascarlett
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Just like some have said, of course she can just like most of the top 8 or so players...but this is a statement by obviously a huge fan of maria some people should really be ashamed of taking it seriously. Any fan would hope this for a favorite and any Maria hater would take this as a big opportunity to bash yet again as Maria winning all 4 would probably be their biggest nightmare ;) Maria's my fave WTA player and as a fan, I could only hope so but thinking logically, I really don't think this will happen. I can't even imagine this for any active player today so...but yeah we all have the right to dream... :)

AngelaHaynesFan
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Can Maria win all four slams? Anything's possible. After all, Venus reached from the depths of despair to gain another Wimbledon title.

MinnyGophers
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:36 PM
hell before sreamapova wins I'd put my money on Mauresmo stop choking and winning at home :lol: :lol: :lol:

agreed...
at least Mauresmo has the abilities to win RG.

AngelaHaynesFan
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
agreed...
at least Mauresmo has the abilities to win RG.

Mauresmo had the ability to win any slam. Not anymore. Her results are testimony to this fact, sadly.

timafi
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:43 PM
I know u would Gophers
Screamapova moves just like Davenport on clay
that gal 19 or not will never be a "dirtballer" like so many morrons put it.
She doesn't have that movement in her and never will
just like Davenport won't ever win RG even in her worst nightmare
until then that Nostradadumbass should shush it with Screamapova winning all 4

Kunal
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:34 AM

lol

Bubba08
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:56 AM
It will be hard for her to win the French Open on clay :rolleyes:

vettipooh
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:04 AM
She'll try to, but she won't.Too many up and coming players, plus old timers, in her way!!!!

Lindsayfan32
Oct 28th, 2005, 08:38 PM
Maria didn't make a grand slam final this year and you're saying she will win all four next year you have got to be kidding me. She'd be doing well to make one final little alone four. You are very dislusional if you think she can and she will more than likely stay a one slam wonder next year than win all four.

-VSR-
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:17 PM
Remember :banana: daven def maria 6-0 6-0 this year :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

QuicKyMonSter
Oct 28th, 2005, 10:34 PM
:hug:

( :spit: )

Lemonskin.
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:10 PM
Not the French Open :sad:

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:16 PM
and kuzie will win all 4 also hahaha

Corswandt
Oct 28th, 2005, 11:41 PM
Masha winning a Slam next year is indeed possible. A full season has many ups and downs, anything can happen. All four - never.

And one must consider that every time Masha wins, it's great publicity for the sport. Even people who have never watched more than ten minutes straight of tennis in their life then say "Oh, Sharapova - isn't it that tall, gamorous blonde that I saw on a magazine just the other week?"