PDA

View Full Version : McDONALD'S WILLIAMS SISTERS TOUR Interview(10/21)

Paneru
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:26 PM
McDONALD'S WILLIAMS SISTERS TOUR

SERENA WILLIAMS
VENUS WILLIAMS

CARLOS FLEMING: I'd like to start by thanking everyone for joining us today. We're excited to be announcing the Second Annual McDonald's Williams Sisters Tour. This year we will be visiting Seattle on November 17th at the Key Arena, we will be visiting Cleveland on December 1st at the Quicken Loans Arena, and we will be visiting the MCI Center in Washington, D.C. on December 8th. Last year the tour was very successful. We had nearly 8,000 fans, which was a sold-out audience in Chicago joining us at the UIC Pavilion. In Detroit, at the Palace of Auburn Hills we had 8,400 people join us. In Atlanta at the Philips Arena we had over 9,400 people join us. For tennis, those are very, very successful crowds. The overall events were very successful, and we were able to raise nearly $200,000 for both Ronald McDonald House Charities, as well as other local charities on the Williams Sisters Tour in 2004, and we're hoping to match those numbers and, of course, do even better this year in 2005. I'd just like to briefly acknowledge McDonald's, who is our title sponsor tour-wide, as well as First Merit Bank who is the presenting sponsor in Cleveland, and WalMart who is our presenting sponsor in Washington, D.C. Our other sponsors include Powerade, Comcast, the Freddie Mac Foundation, the Washington Post, the Seattle Times, the Seattle Post-Intelligencer, and the Cleveland Plain Dealer. At this point, I'll turn it back to our moderator.

THE MODERATOR: We will now begin the question and answer session.

Q. I appreciate you both being on today. This is a question for Serena. I'm just wondering if you could update us on your leg or ankle injuries - I know they've been lingering in some ways - and your fitness level. Talk a bit about how these exhibitions are going to help you tune up for Australia.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, right now I'm just taking some time off and just training and just getting back in the groove of things. My leg is great, my ankle is great. I just feel that, you know, you play all year, and for a couple years, and you deserve some time off. The tour is definitely going to be exciting for me because we're going to be able to play each other. It's going to help me get some match play in against my sister, as well as you know, be ready for the Australian Open. Plus, we have a lot of fans there, we do a lot for charities. I'm really excited about that, especially I've never played in Washington or Seattle or Cleveland, so I'd like to go to all three cities.

Q. Serena and Venus, I appreciate talking with you. I wanted to know, how did you get involved in the McDonald's House Charity? Is there a family or some sort of personal interest?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, Serena and I have been partners with McDonald's for close to three years now. Together, we've been able to do some great events. We've been to the Olympics together, we've visited Ronald McDonald House Charities. This is one of the best things that we've done together, was do the Williams Sisters Tour, because it benefits so many charities in all the markets that we go to. So basically we just work hand-in-hand to do some great stuff. It makes us proud to be a part of something that's much bigger and much more important than what we do as tennis players and what McDonald's does as a restaurant.

Q. Serena, same thing?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, for sure.

Q. A lot of talk has also been given on your careers after tennis. Not that anybody's rushing you off the court, but I'm wondering if you're starting to gradually phase into other careers. I know that you have an interest in fashion, and I know that Serena has an interest in acting. Is that something you're gradually moving into, is it something you're moving into rather quickly, or is tennis still your top priority?

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, tennis is definitely still my priority. For me, it's what I love the most. It's just my life right now. I just am so into it. We also like to do other things, which I think is just a smart idea to always be involved in something different. Obviously, I can't play tennis the way a doctor can be a doctor for 50 years; I can only be a tennis player for a decade, a little more, you know, 15 years at best. So I just always think it's smart to have, you know, something different in mind just in case something happens.

Q. I'd like to direct this one to Venus, please. I know that you just pulled out of the tournament in Zurich this week. I'd like to know if you think you're going to still be fit to play in Philadelphia in two weeks, and are you planning on being at the year-end championships because it looks like you're going to be qualifying?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Yes, I did pull out of Zurich with obviously great regret. I have great memories there - I won the doubles, I hit my fastest serve ever in Zurich, I played a lot of singles there. My first tournament ever playing without my mom and dad or a coach, and I won the tournament. So I obviously have great memories there. I'm just trying to get back on the court next week. I'm planning on getting back on the court. I'm feeling really good. I also took a little bit of time, some personal time, which is hard to get, you know, these days. You know, I'll see if I can get fit. I'm pretty optimistic about competing in the last few events I've entered in.

Q. In the city of Cleveland we have a lot of girls who aren't exposed to this sport of tennis. They'll finally have an opportunity to see it firsthand and in person. What does it mean to you to be able to be an inspiration to girls in many cities who don't get to see you play in person?

SERENA WILLIAMS: I can barely hear you, sir. Can you repeat your question.

VENUS WILLIAMS: I heard the question.

SERENA WILLIAMS: I couldn't hear the question.

Q. The question is, you come into a city like Cleveland where, you know, a lot of girls aren't exposed to tennis, they don't see it in person. The only time they do see you is on television. What is it gonna mean to you to be able to come to a city and be able to be, you know, seen and touched by people, you know, and be able to be up live, in color and in person, you know what I'm saying?

VENUS WILLIAMS: It's going to be great, actually, because we don't play tennis in Cleveland or really in the Midwest, to be honest. We're going to actually be announcing a community event next week that we're going to do in conjunction with the Cleveland Browns, the Cavaliers' foundation. We're going to be working with kids there and obviously playing unbelievable tennis. It's like our opportunity to be in Cleveland and meet people and play tennis and, just like you asked us, interact with people who have never had a chance to see us play live.

SERENA WILLIAMS: It's going to be great because all these areas have a great diversity and have different ethnics -- ethnicities, I should say. We're really excited to come to Cleveland and be able to hopefully be inspired by other little girls there who can hopefully take inspiration from us. And just girls and guys both, just realize that if you put your mind to anything, if you set your mind to anything, you can do it.

Q. This is for either of you. I'm wondering if you could just talk a bit about how you learned about the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center in Washington, and what your hopes are, you know, for doing an event there, what you have in mind, you know, during your visit to Washington.

VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, we have a sister who's on the Board of the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center (inaudible). You know, our sisters live in D.C., some of our sisters went to Howard. We've got a little bit of heritage here (laughing). So it was kind of natural to be involved with the Center. When we're here, we practice there, too.

SERENA WILLIAMS: And when we are going to be there, we definitely plan on going to the Center, having, you know, charities going on there, donating some money to the Center so they can continue to do the fabulous things that they are doing. Also visiting the Ronald McDonald House while we're there as well, and just having a lot of fun. Playing against Venus, you know, we want to do the best that we both can do.

Q. I want to ask you a quick follow-up, Venus, because I'm not sure I heard you correctly. Did you say it's your sister Lyn who's on the Board there?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Isha. Yeah, Isha has served on the Board.

Q. Then she also went to Howard?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Yes. Lyn went to Howard, too.

Q. This could be directed to either one of you. I know that you have been active - more than many athletes are - in a number of charities, not only the McDonald's charity, but the foundation, the educational foundation that you started with your mother. I just got some information a little while ago about Katrina relief charities that I think you, Venus, are working on with Zina Garrison, the Fed Cup coach. I'd like to ask you guys, obviously you're getting a ton of requests to help this one and that one. How do you decide how to prioritize what things you put your name and energy behind?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Basically, we always have charities that are near and dear to us that we worked with for years. Also at the end of the year we kind of go over what charities can we work with this year, and how do we personally support and go to events and play for charities. Obviously, things come up during the year and we do our best to go. Basically, as much time as we can give (laughing).

Q. Can you tell me a little more about the Katrina charity, "Tie Together for Action." Do you have any more details?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Yeah, it's called "Tie Together For Action." Zina had a great idea. She really wanted to get involved on a long-term basis, not just while people were thinking about it, but long after people had moved on from this tragedy. She asked me to wear the yellow shoestrings on the court. The idea just became bigger and bigger. We're working on helping victims of the hurricane rebuild. That's our goal in three to five years. I have a feeling it's going to even become something more because, unfortunately, there are huge storms and natural disasters that come to the United States. I think it will just be an ongoing thing. We're doing yellow shoelaces, and we'll be doing other colors eventually. Basically, Zina is an unbelievable, wonderful person. She identified me as a person who had a heart just like hers, so I felt really honored (laughing). We're working together to make a difference in whatever way we can.

Q. Do you know yet where the money will go specifically?

VENUS WILLIAMS: Well, we're going to help people rebuild homes. There's a lot of people who have been unable to get help. It's just hard. Right now there are so many people who are in want. Zina has been thinking about identifying a specific town, but basically anyone who we can help.

CARLOS FLEMING: The shoelaces will be available in the concessions at all three Williams Sisters Tour stops.

VENUS WILLIAMS: That's right.

CARLOS FLEMING: Thank you again for all of you who are attending the conference call. If you need any follow-up information, the media release, both David Tratner and the local contact and McDonald's PR agencies are available to answer any questions that you might have. Please feel free to follow up with us if you do have any further questions. Thank you again for attending.

End of FastScripts….

Paneru
Oct 23rd, 2005, 05:55 PM
Nice to hear both ladies
are feeling well physically. :D

Also nice to hear about their
charities and all they give back.

Geisha
Oct 23rd, 2005, 06:06 PM
Both Sisters :) It is so nice to hear from them. Nice to see Serena taking some time off to re-group and re-build. Same with Venus...

volta
Oct 23rd, 2005, 06:34 PM
:hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :worship:

so nice to see that they are doing good and their injury is healing nicely :D

Stamp Paid
Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:03 PM
Miss that girl :sad:

Kenny
Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:35 PM
Love reading interviews with these girls.. thanks bynx for the post!

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 23rd, 2005, 07:48 PM
:hearts:

Rocketta
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:04 PM
I don't think Venus' answer about Philly wasn't too sure but we will see.

I'm very happy that they spend their off season working with charities. :yeah:

Calimero377
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:37 PM
McDONALD'S WILLIAMS SISTERS TOUR
... [/I]

McDonald's endorses Serena?

Considering some 2005 pics of Serena I guess they aren't paying her with dollars ....

Knizzle
Oct 23rd, 2005, 09:41 PM

Considering some 2005 pics of Serena I guess they aren't paying her with dollars ....

Least she's not sitting at home popping out babies.

RVD
Oct 23rd, 2005, 11:10 PM
I always enjoy reading how Serena and Venus give back to society. The mother has the OWL foundation. A sister sits on the Board of the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center. The entire family seems involved in one thing or another and in some capacity or another. But here's what I don't get, and this a off-topic, but...
Why doesn't the WTA also get involve? If only to help endorse the game of tennis? I didn't hear the WTA mentioned once (maybe I missed it somewhere in the conference call, but I doubt it).
Anyway, GREAT JOB SERENA AND VENUS FOR FURTHERING THE GAME OF TENNIS IN AREAS THAT ARE NOT EXPOSED TO IT! :bounce:

And keep up the incredible ambassador work. :wavey:

auntie janie
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:43 AM
I like the sisters' charity tour, and I hope there will be another tv documentary about it; I enjoyed the last one a lot.

But I found this interview strangely dissatisfying. Maybe the questions were too drab, or maybe my expectations are too high because Venus and Serena have often given such fabulous interviews. :confused:

Anyway I hope they sell out all the arenas and have a great time. And I really hope Venus will play in Philly, since it's the last year for us to have a WTA event here. :sad:

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:03 AM
why are they endorsing junk food.

Infiniti2001
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:37 AM

To give people like you something to talk about :tape:

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:51 AM

I couldn't possible start trying to figure out an answer for you until I figure out why you even exist? However, I swear once I figure out that little mystery I'll get back to you on your question. :shrug:

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:14 AM
I couldn't possible start trying to figure out an answer for you until I figure out why you even exist? However, I swear once I figure out that little mystery I'll get back to you on your question. :shrug:

gott ya :lol: , so you cant answer that one ha :lol: .
Well, I think Serena downs around 10 big-macks a day and is threatening Venus unless she agrees to endorse it too. :lol:

or they're short on sponsors so Makaz are the lowest they can go. :lol:

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Least she's not sitting at home popping out babies.

But that obviously keeps you fitter than playing the WTA tour.
What about some current pictures of a 24-year-old Serena against a 36-year-old veteran who is popping out babies ... ?
No, that would be really cruel towards Serena.

I wonder how Serena will look at 36 .... :lol:

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:18 AM
I always enjoy reading how Serena and Venus give back to society. The mother has the OWL foundation. A sister sits on the Board of the Southeast Tennis and Learning Center. The entire family seems involved in one thing or another and in some capacity or another. But here's what I don't get, and this a off-topic, but...
Why doesn't the WTA also get involve? If only to help endorse the game of tennis? I didn't hear the WTA mentioned once (maybe I missed it somewhere in the conference call, but I doubt it).
Anyway, GREAT JOB SERENA AND VENUS FOR FURTHERING THE GAME OF TENNIS IN AREAS THAT ARE NOT EXPOSED TO IT! :bounce:

The WTA is an international organisation.
The Southeast Tennis and Learning Center should not be among its top priorities.

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:20 AM

Because McDonald's give them money?

controlfreak
Oct 24th, 2005, 09:53 AM
The McDonalds Sisters :bowdown:

McVenus, McSerena, and their loving father Ronald :yeah:

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:31 AM

Why is the WTA endorsing Sony who make
cell phones with reports saying cell phones
can cause cancer.

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:37 AM
The WTA is an international organisation.
The Southeast Tennis and Learning Center should not be among its top priorities.

Ofcourse it shouldn't.

Who gives a damn about disadvantaged children going
to a place to llearn tennis and have help with school work
and other things keeping them off the streets.

They may never become tennis players on any other
level than recreational, but they get physical acitivity
and help with education to keep them on a road to
future success.

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:41 AM
But that obviously keeps you fitter than playing the WTA tour.
What about some current pictures of a 24-year-old Serena against a 36-year-old veteran who is popping out babies ... ?
No, that would be really cruel towards Serena.

I wonder how Serena will look at 36 .... :lol:

Being you must be some kind
of......ehhhhhh

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 11:46 AM
Why is the WTA endorsing Sony who make
cell phones with reports saying cell phones
can cause cancer.

now that's just dumb - cell phones cause cancer they also said they cause loss of sperm in males :lol: I think its pretty low to endorse junk food especially if you're an athlete. They should be role models for all the obeses children in the US ( the country with the largest obesity rate) and instead they're supporting the consumption of unhealthy processed junk :o .
I'd kill my self if Ana Ivanovic endorsed Mcdonalds :haha: :haha: .

borisy
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:00 PM

Because they are great sportswomen and they want to show all the kids how to become healthy by eating the right food. Their target is the 30% of the american population that is still now obese.

ivanovic
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Because they are great sportswomen and they want to show all the kids how to become healthy by eating the right food. Their target is the 30% of the american population that is still now obese.

and by right food you mean fatty burgers and chips from Mcdonalds :lol: :lol: :lol: .
btw, serena would be a bad example in promoting weight loss :tape: :lol:

Marcell
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:27 PM

On Venus' website she mentioned one of their sponsors as USTA Pacific North West.I guess it's best that USTA promote tennis in the the U.S

SJW
Oct 24th, 2005, 12:29 PM
and by right food you mean fatty burgers and chips from Mcdonalds :lol: :lol: :lol: .

like you're a bad example of an Ivanovic fan.

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:37 PM
now that's just dumb - cell phones cause cancer they also said they cause loss of sperm in males :lol: I think its pretty low to endorse junk food especially if you're an athlete. They should be role models for all the obeses children in the US ( the country with the largest obesity rate) and instead they're supporting the consumption of unhealthy processed junk :o .
What an idiot!

When you rely on celebs to tell
you what to do and how to live you
get what you deserve!

Think for yourself and
tell the one's who have the money, THE PARENTS!

Hope you're not a parent!

Poor Ana.

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:42 PM
So, the Williams sisters aren't supporting the WTA tour this fall so they can support the McDonalds' tour instead?

jogoss_78
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM
So, the Williams sisters aren't supporting the WTA tour this fall so they can support the McDonalds' tour instead?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: let them alone :mad: :ras:

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:46 PM

Still bitter about the Tennis Magazine Poll, huh? :haha:

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:48 PM

They endorse McDonalds because that's where the money is. It's like when Virgina Slims (You've come a long way, baby) cigarettes was the main sponsor of the women's tour. It was the money, not the message.

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:51 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: let them alone :mad: :ras:

I do leave them alone. Totally alone. I don't send them mail, don't send them gifts, don't drive by their houses, don't go to their matches, don't go anywhere near them. So, you see, I let them alone more than their fans do. :) :) :) :)

borisy
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:56 PM
Well, you are a good example of why abortion should be legal everywhere.

I don't think this is nice language...

jogoss_78
Oct 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
I do leave them alone. Totally alone. I don't send them mail, don't send them gifts, don't drive by their houses, don't go to their matches, don't go anywhere near them. So, you see, I let them alone more than their fans do. :) :) :) :)

:) cool :wavey:

Pureracket
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:05 PM
*Pureracket unwraps his Egg McMuffin(without bacon) and sips on a FL orange juice*

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I don't think this is nice language...

Typical though. Say you don't like athletes endorsing fast food and you are a cannidate for extermination. It's a totally proportionate response!!! :lol: :lol:

Pureracket
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
Typical though. Say you don't like athletes endorsing fast food and you are a cannidate for extermination. It's a totally proportionate response!!! :lol: :lol:Starr, shouldn't you be back over on the ATP forum saying how you don't like womens tennis again?:rolleyes:

You're becoming quite the Williams thread participant as of late.:wavey:

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Typical though. Say you don't like athletes endorsing fast food and you are a cannidate for extermination. It's a totally proportionate response!!! :lol: :lol:

Actually starr, Ivanovic has a track record, which if you don't know, I'm not going to bother to describe. So, not typical at all, really.

Besides, as I poked fun at myself two posts later, I would think that you would be smart enough to realize dark humor when you see it.

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM
Starr, shouldn't you be back over on the ATP forum saying how you don't like womens tennis again?:rolleyes:

You're becoming quite the Williams thread participant as of late.:wavey:

Here's another totally sensible post. :lol:

Here's another little thing some Williams fans like to do: When you have no other retort, distort a poster's opinions.

Also the little thing about repeating one's self ad infinitum and, I might add, tediously. :lol:

Have a nice arterially congesting breakfast! :wavey:

starr
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Actually starr, Ivanovic has a track record, which if you don't know, I'm not going to bother to describe. So, not typical at all, really.

Besides, as I poked fun at myself two posts later, I would think that you would be smart enough to realize dark humor when you see it.

You are the reason the murder rate should go up!

Just trying to bring a darly humorous smile to your face :lol: :lol: :lol:

*poking fun at myself*

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 03:31 PM
You are the reason the murder rate should go up!

Just trying to bring a darly humorous smile to your face :lol: :lol: :lol:

*poking fun at myself*

Nice try. :D

Pureracket
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:06 PM
Here's another totally sensible post. :lol:

Here's another little thing some Williams fans like to do: When you have no other retort, distort a poster's opinions.

Also the little thing about repeating one's self ad infinitum and, I might add, tediously. :lol:

Have a nice arterially congesting breakfast! :wavey:Another one of starr's brilliant analyses.:lol:

Here's one of the several things non-Williams fans do: Making passive aggressive statements about how they don't really like the Williams Sisters, find subtle flaws in anything that has to do with the Williams Sisters or their fans, and then swear to God in Heaven that they could care less about the WS. All the same time, being in the WS threads.:lol:

To top it all off, some of the non-Williams fans revert to totally mundane discussions where they go into soliloquies that tend to hint @ some form of victimization by trying to undermine logical reasoning/rational of the Williams fans.:lol:

Not today, starr. . . .not today, babe.;)

Veenut
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:28 PM
Another one of starr's brilliant analyses.:lol:

Here's one of the several things non-Williams fans do: Making passive aggressive statements about how they don't really like the Williams Sisters, find subtle flaws in anything that has to do with the Williams Sisters or their fans, and then swear to God in Heaven that they could care less about the WS. All the same time, being in the WS threads.:lol:

To top it all off, some of the non-Williams fans revert to totally mundane discussions where they go into soliloquies that tend to hint @ some form of victimization by trying to undermine logical reasoning/rational of the Williams fans.:lol:

You have them nailed!!! :yeah:

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Still bitter about the Tennis Magazine Poll, huh? :haha:

The German "BILD" newspaper (circulation 6 million) made a list at the end of 1999. Graf was the greatest sportswoman of the century worldwide.

BTW, what is the "U.S. Tennis Magazine's" (this USTA affiliated mag, you know) circulation?

:lol:

Veenut
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I see that the usual suspects have missed the point once again. This tour is for CHARITY but what a surprise that the focus is on something else. :rolleyes:

BTW it must be the burgers, because both women are leading in # of majors therefore it couldn't be the salads that the others are eating. If the burgers add to your major wins I'm all for it!!! ;)

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 04:47 PM
The German "BILD" newspaper (circulation 6 million) made a list at the end of 1999. Graf was the greatest sportswoman of the century worldwide.

BTW, what is the "U.S. Tennis Magazine's" (this USTA affiliated mag, you know) circulation?

1999? Well, a little time always does put history in better perspective, doesn't it?

SJW
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:04 PM

dang man. you're bad alright ;)

Starr surely you admire, or at least find some positives about the hands-on charity work they're doing, foregoing prize money to help underpriviledged kids, no? nah, didn't think so. not your style, is it? :)

Stamp Paid
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:14 PM

THIS IS NOT A GRAF THREAD!
DONT LET HIM MAKE IT ONE!

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:15 PM
I see that the usual suspects have missed the point once again. This tour is for CHARITY but what a surprise that the focus is on something else. :rolleyes:

What does Serena give?
10 $ for each double fault?
Or so?
Forgot it ...

kabuki
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:16 PM

Damn! I didn't get the memo the first time, but I sure got it now. :haha:

Knizzle
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:18 PM
What does Serena give?
Or so?
Forgot it ...

She gives $10 for every Cali post dedicated to her. She's up to a million dollars by now. She calls it the SuperDumbo foundation. :D

volta
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:19 PM
like you're a bad example of an Ivanovic fan.
u can say that again . Ana deserves much better then that thank God this is the only troll from her fan base

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 05:26 PM

GRAF IS TENNIS AND THEREFORE EVERY TENNIS THREAD IS A GRAF THREAD

Veenut
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:21 PM
What does Serena give?
Or so?
Forgot it ...

Everything doesn't come down to $$$$ Cali, sometimes to volunteer your scarse time, energy and effort can prove far more valuable than just giving money.

They will be playing before people who don't get wta tournies and are willing to pay money to see them only play, and this will raise money for less unfortunate children. Grasp the concept Cali and company because it really isn't hard. :rolleyes:

BTW it's filmed too, therefore the fans who can't attend also get a chance to see it. We are so lucky!!! :D

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:28 PM

hmmm, the YEC is on the 7th of November and the first date of the tour is on the 17th of November....so how exactly does doing something on the 17th interfere with doing something on the 7th or earlier? :scratch:

Yeah how sick of them to support sick children's charities and not the tour ......they are soo selfish. :o :o :o

Rocketta
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
Everything doesn't come down to $$$$ Cali, sometimes to volunteer your scarse time, energy and effort can prove far more valuable than just giving money.

They will be playing before people who don't get wta tournies and are willing to pay money to see them only play, and this will raise money for less unfortunate children. Grasp the concept Cali and company because it really isn't hard. :rolleyes:

BTW it's filmed too, therefore the fans who can't attend also get a chance to see it. We are so lucky!!! :D

and there in lies the jealousy....we get to see our favs a lot and others only get to see them if they are in the stands rooting their husbands on or they get to wait for a couple of years hoping their fav comes back from injury knowing full well she isn't but I guess it's ok to pretend to come back for sponsors I guess that's supporting the tour. :tape:

Veenut
Oct 24th, 2005, 06:31 PM
GRAF IS TENNIS AND THEREFORE EVERY TENNIS THREAD IS A GRAF THREAD

This only happens in YOUR HEAD and Guther!!! Stop mentioning her name for at least 6 months and see if this board would be less interesting. :)

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Is Serena channeling Justine and Kim?
SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, for sure.

SERENA WILLIAMS: Well, tennis is definitely still my priority. For me, it's what I love the most. It's just my life right now. I just am so into it. We also like to do other things, which I think is just a smart idea to always be involved in something different. Obviously, I can't play tennis the way a doctor can be a doctor for 50 years; I can only be a tennis player for a decade, a little more, you know, 15 years at best. So I just always think it's smart to have, you know, something different in mind just in case something happens.

:p

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:20 PM
This only happens in YOUR HEAD and Guther!!! Stop mentioning her name for at least 6 months and see if this board would be less interesting. :)

His methods aren't as horrendous but hey,
maybe he feels he's helping Stefi in his
own little way. :angel:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:21 PM
:haha: Like McDonald's even knows who Ana Ivanovic is. :tape: :haha:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Maybe Ivanovic can take some example from her in how to win seven grand slam titles. :) Maybe even a Tier 1 or 2.

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:27 PM
So, the WTA will fall apart without the WS? Wow, didn't know you were such a big fan starr. No, they are not supporting the McDonald's tour, it's their tour for charity sponsored by McDonalds. Did I miss something when they said it was better to support a professional organization over a charitable one? :lol:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Yet, you can't seem to stay out of their threads. :scratch:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:31 PM

:lol: :worship: :worship: :worship:

Paneru
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM

The haters are like moths to a flame!

And with both girls burning as birghtly as
they do, how could you blame them.

Anywhere you have Venus or Serena
they'll not be too far behind. :cool:

Denise4925
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:45 PM
The haters are like moths to a flame!

And with both girls bruning as birghtly as
they do, how could you blame them.

Anywhere you have Venus or Serena
they'll not be too far behind. :cool:
True that...no one can help being drawn to something so bright, beautiful and spectacular. :)

Calimero377
Oct 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Veenut again."

Damn, I just gave you a good rep ...

Hey, mods, I want to change my good rep for Veenut into a really bad one!!!
Do something!!!!!!!

SAEKeithSerena
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:07 PM
serena will be ready to be back, i can't wait:)

VeeReeDavJCap81
Oct 24th, 2005, 08:18 PM
I can't believe there are actually haters in a thread for Venus and Serena doing CHARITY work. How low :rolleyes:

Diesel
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:19 AM
I can't believe there are actually haters in a thread for Venus and Serena doing CHARITY work. How low :rolleyes:

Believe. Anybody who would find something to bash or attack with this tour is just showing their ass as usual.

Diesel
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:21 AM

A big and important chunk of starr's logic :lol:

ivanovic
Oct 25th, 2005, 12:34 AM
u can say that again . Ana deserves much better then that thank God this is the only troll from her fan base

you dont know anything about Ana - I'm a Serb like her and come from the same town as she does and I know more of what she feels and wants then you - and I'm sure she would not go so low as to endorse junk food. :o

Rocketta
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:16 AM
denise...it's like trying to have a conversation with someone that's slightly MR it's not worth it. :lol:

Veenut
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:20 AM
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Veenut again."

Damn, I just gave you a good rep ...

Hey, mods, I want to change my good rep for Veenut into a really bad one!!!
Do something!!!!!!!

:lol: This is so damn funny!!! Ok, I publicly retract my last statement :hug: I can't say how long this truce will last because I'm not one to start a fight but I certainly won't retreat from one. :wavey:

Pengwin
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:52 AM
A lot of things he said were not light-hearted, but mean-spirited, unless he's stupid. I know he's your friend, but he needs to get a clue about some of his "jokes".

P.S. I'm glad he's not suspended, but after that last thing he said and the board had to be wiped clear of his posts, I just assumed since I haven't seen him around he was suspended. My apologies for circulating an untruth.

I muss have missed it, what exactly did he say? :confused:

ivanovic
Oct 25th, 2005, 01:53 AM
Sorry but Penglover is not suspended. He is not a hater, he is too light-hearted of a poster to be.

tell him to come here and help me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pheobo
Oct 25th, 2005, 02:39 AM
I can't believe two people who are considered athletes would want to be endorsed by a food chain with food as unhealthy as Macdonalds...especially when one sister is looking like she's about to pop as it is. She should be staying away from those foods.

ivanovic
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:26 AM
I reported that one too. I'll have to go back and see what else I can report. That characature was one.

ewww I'm so scared boo-hooo whatever at least I have a LIFE unlike you losers who spend your life on this board :o :o - by now I could have reported all of you who have attacked me in this thread but I dont take it that seriously cos this is a bloody blg site :o :lol: but I guess for yous its more then that :tape: ( a place to socialise I suppose :lol: so sad :p )

ivanovic
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:30 AM
Have you any idea the work that Ronald McDonald Houses do? If not, then please don't say anymore, you're just making yourself look worse.

Also, on what basis do you use to state that African-American girls in America are obese?

AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL, RED-CROSS, WORLD VISION do much greater work why not use their millons to help them instead of forcing kids to become obese - I mean I understand why Serena would do it - she's toatlly nuts and only cares about $$ - but I though Venus had more class then that guess I was wrong -

Also they could have helped WSPA ( I love them-used to sponsor them :hearts: :kiss: )

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 03:32 AM
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL, RED-CROSS, WORLD VISION do much greater work why not use their millons to help them instead of forcing kids to become obese - I mean I understand why Serena would do it - she's toatlly nuts and only cares about $$ - but I though Venus had more class then that guess I was wrong -

Also they could have helped WSPA ( I love them-used to sponsor them :hearts: :kiss: )

:retard: :smash: :silly: :banghead:

RunDown
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:09 AM
Since when did McDonald's become evil incarnate?? :lol:

Anyway, good job to the girls with their charity work. I'm sure the kids who reap the benefits will appreciate it.

dreamgoddess099
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:10 AM
pigeons are cute my nona has around 30 and no I'm having a delicious salad sandwich and healthy fruit - unlike what the sisters eat at Mcaz. :lol:
The difference is their getting millions of dollars to eat "Mcaz" (I'm assuming that means McDonalds were you are from), while you had to sell your body to a SCARS infested street bum for money to buy that "delicious salad sandwich and healthy fruit."

Denise4925
Oct 25th, 2005, 04:11 AM
Since when did McDonald's become evil incarnate?? :lol:

Anyway, good job to the girls with their charity work. I'm sure the kids who reap the benefits will appreciate it.
Right??!!! :lol: But, haven't you heard? Anything the WS do is somehow evil incarnate. :rolleyes:

Way to stay in the spirit of the thread though. :yeah: