PDA

View Full Version : Milagros Sequera?

TS
Apr 29th, 2002, 07:42 AM
Congratulations to Milagros Sequera on winning in Dothan :)

The reason for this thread is I dont know much about her at all, except that she is from Venezuela, and I was wondering if anyone had any pics or any info on her game? Also how old is she?

She did quite well on the ITF circuit at the end of last year but hasnt really done much this year, anyway its nice to see her carrying on from Maria Vento.

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 29th, 2002, 10:14 AM
Milagros is 26 yrs old now (18-03-76)
Not seen her play at all :eek: but she does like her clay ;)

TS
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:18 AM
Thanx Eggy...26?? wow! I thought she was like 20 :o

Rising Sun
Apr 30th, 2002, 02:37 AM
Actually her birthdate is 30 September 1980, so she's still 21.

That birthdate Eggy gave was of Miho Saeki. ;)

She finished 1998 ranked 10 in Juniors. :)

TheBoiledEgg
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:08 AM
it is ??? :eek: damn i just checked my database and ooops

I thought she couldn't be that old either, but didn't bother to re-check.

thanx danker, i'll have to change it or i read the wrong one :o

Hurley
Apr 30th, 2002, 03:33 AM
I've seen her play and even have a picture of her :D Not on my comp, though :(

If I remember correctly, she has a two-handed backhand...uh, never goes to net...obviously ;)

She has very curly, dark hair and is in the running for Skinniest Woman on the WTA Tour...

She's quite attractive, in spite of her skeletonianism. :)

TS
Apr 30th, 2002, 05:35 AM
Originally posted by Hurley

She's quite attractive, in spite of her skeletonianism. :)

Well she *is* from Venezuala :drool: :drool: :drool:

Thanks for the clarification danker ;)

Monaco
Apr 30th, 2002, 08:50 AM
I saw her briefly at the Sydney Olympics. I was curious because one of my best friends is from Venezuela. Sequera played doubles with Vento and they almost won a medal. They lost to the Belgians in the quarterfinals, a match they were leading and should have won. She seemed to be pretty solid but Vento looked like the better player.

Jem
Apr 30th, 2002, 01:55 PM
I've seen Sequera play. She's very slightly built and rather small but plays what I call an elegant game. She's fairly fast but strictly a baseliner and has trouble moving forward. Her serve lacked punch. I saw her play against Marissa Irvin, and Irvin really dominated the match with her serve and groundstrokes. Milagros was scrambling all over the place. Her lateral movement is one of her best assets, and her groundstrokes, while not packing a lot of power, are very solid. Steady but without weapons is how I would describe her.