PDA

View Full Version : Generali Ladies Linz

SloKid
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:22 PM
So Lena is playing Linz next week, she will be the second seed if Momo doesn`t withdraw.
The draw is made tommorow at 11am. Hoping for a good one, she needs all the points she can get.

Dementinator
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:30 PM
well she should be 2 seed so shouldnt be too bad for her ..

Mathijs
Oct 21st, 2005, 08:41 PM
Hoping on a great draw for Lena as the no.2 seed,maybees if Lena plays on wed, i'll be able to come here to support else....
there's always Thu,

C'mon Lena, i'll support you all the way though i am offline the next few days, physical and pscycological support u'll get from me no probs...

Chunchun
Oct 21st, 2005, 11:53 PM
north you change your name :eek:

I hope Lena won't feel much pressure as a high seed :scared: Who are the other seeds?

SloKid
Oct 22nd, 2005, 07:20 AM
Here is the players list, but that is probably not final yet; ALG is on it for example
http://www.generali-ladies.at/spieler.html
But the seeds according to that should be:
1 Amélie MAURESMO
2 Elena DEMENTIEVA
3 Nadia PETROVA
4 Patty SCHNYDER
5 Elena LIKHOVTSEVA
6 Daniela HANTUCHOVA
7 Jelena JANKOVIC
8 Ana IVANOVIC

Dementirilenko
Oct 22nd, 2005, 11:07 AM
But this week Lena must reach a good result to go to L.A, cause Patty is playing there too.

SloKid
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:01 PM
Here is the draw:
(1) Amelie MAURESMO FRA vs bye
Tatiana GOLOVIN FRA vs Sesil KARATANTCHEVA BUL
Tamira PASZEK AUT vs Q
(8) Ana IVANOVIC SCG vs Shinobu ASAGOE JAP
(4) Patty SCHNYDER SUI vs bye
Iveta BENESOVA CZE vs Q
Conchita MARTINEZ ESP vs Marion BARTOLI FRA
(6) Daniela HANTUCHOVA SVK vs Klara KOUKALOVA CZE
(7) Jelena JANKOVIC SCG vs Vera DOUSHEVINA RUS
Sybille BAMMER AUT vs Virginie RAZZANO FRA
Q vs Q
(3) Nadja PETROVA RUS vs bye
(5) Jelena LIKHOVTSEVA RUS vs Ai SUGIYAMA JAP
Gisela DULKO ARG vs Lisa RAYMOND USA
Kveta PESCHKE CZE vs Vera ZVONAREVA RUS
(2) Jelena DEMENTIEVA RUS vs bye

JC Federer
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM
(2) Jelena DEMENTIEVA RUS vs bye

She better win that round, lol.

SloKid
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:20 PM
She better win that round, lol.
She always has a bad day every week, let`s hope it will be in the first round this time. :lol:

Dementinator
Oct 22nd, 2005, 01:22 PM
well its as expected in a 32 player draw ,not that bad as far as i am concerned..

of course could have bloody Dulko! but I think Elena can bury her ,and of course theres Zvonereva ,but shes not been great for sometime...we wait and see

SloKid
Oct 26th, 2005, 10:05 AM
So Lena plays Kveta today. I think her part of the draw isn`t all that bad. She should at least and that is the very least reach the semis. But of course I hope she goes all the way. What do you guys think?

seahawker
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
Elena got dumped in straight sets 6-3, 7-5 and said she's done for the year:

This quote from a Reuters story on the match:
"I'm just going home now. Vacation is starting for me. It was a long season and I just feel so tired of travelling and flying, so I need some time at home with my family."

Dementirilenko
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:55 PM
But she has still a chance to ply at L.A, I mean if Henin or Mauresmo retire.....

Dementinator
Oct 26th, 2005, 04:59 PM
agree with Elena totally, shes tired mentally ,flying to philly now a waste of time ,she can use the time more wisely by relaxing and training etc ahead of the 2006 season..

Enjoy your rest Elena! youve earned it..

Remember shes played almost constantly since uso ,and gone deep into all tournies ,excpet this one ,thats a lot of tennis indeed ,she must rest up! bollocks to YEC! not worth the hassle!

Mathijs
Oct 26th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Yeah seems she's indeed tired mentally... oh well i don't care now anymore, Lena rest up good and you'll be slamming your way once again in 2006! :yeah:

SloKid
Oct 27th, 2005, 01:02 PM
So Lena plays Kveta today. I think her part of the draw isn`t all that bad. She should at least and that is the very least reach the semis. But of course I hope she goes all the way. What do you guys think?
Next time I will keep my big mouth shut... :fiery:

Lena we will still be here for you next year, go and take a vacation forget about the balls and racquets and stuff...

Corswandt
Oct 27th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Yeah seems she's indeed tired mentally...

"Shot" is the word. She was unable to put any real pressure on Kveta Peschke (a name you simply can't make up). It was basically a repeat of her match against Schiavone at the Kremlin Cup.